Guide: Demon vs Sage

Options

Comments

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Too late, all skills maxed with some demon ones. Don't wanna throw all that away b:shutup

And male mystics have the advantage of being able to have their summons out to attack things while embracing someone for chi b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ya but we have all the bewbies
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sage rocks, all you demon mystics betta' delete your toons before the rest of the world finds out and laughs at you </3. Sage mystics also have bigger and better looking **** (undocumented little known fact).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    male mystics have special body parts too, and i heard theyre bigger than barbs!

b:shocked

also nocturnal can suck my demon mystics left **** :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mystics Want A Smart Salvation Come On !!!
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Most customized Male mystics look and are g a y, therefore they have small "parts". And no it's impossible cause if they have bigger "parts" than barbs that is just disgusting. But what ever floats your boat I guess.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    EDIT: Added more accurate skill procs/descriptions
  • l3zardvaleth
    l3zardvaleth Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    must.... reroll.... female.... mystic...
  • Akanai - Dreamweaver
    Akanai - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i definatley enjoy sage better as a healer, and not just soul DD.
  • l3zardvaleth
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i definatley enjoy sage better as a healer, and not just soul DD.

yeah cause sage only works for heal and soul DD

*facepalm*
  • AKB - Archosaur
    AKB - Archosaur Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yeah cause sage only works for heal and soul DD

*facepalm*

b:victory sage is more chi build.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    welcome to the 102 club AKB
  • AKB - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Edit: Nvm posted wrong thread but anwyway, demon gale force has more range than sage b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anzillu - Raging Tide
    Anzillu - Raging Tide Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    pretty much from day one i had mystics figured to be a support class and would be best to go as sage. they play too much like a druid i figure. i stopped playing mine after a couple months to wait for the skills to come out so i could be sure on what alignment i would choose. i still say sage, but right now i'm more interested in what the skills are that the summons get from the books.
    Dark for fear of failure
    An inner gloom as wide as an eye of fermenting
    Roiling hate
    Death grip in my veins
    Unveiling rancid petals
    Flowering fourth foul nectar
    Space between a blink and a tear
    Death blooms
  • AKB - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Options
    pretty much from day one i had mystics figured to be a support class and would be best to go as sage. they play too much like a druid i figure. i stopped playing mine after a couple months to wait for the skills to come out so i could be sure on what alignment i would choose. i still say sage, but right now i'm more interested in what the skills are that the summons get from the books.

b:laugh from lv 1 till lv 88 at(90++% exp) i deicide to go demon. but when I hit 89. time to choose demon or sage. I change my mind to go Sage. Wanna try a different path from most of mystic that go demon at the early day.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love Mystics ... <3
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    For someone that foresees themselves primarily PVE and healer first and foremost, Sage. The main reason is chi skill, chi gaining, and of course sage BITC which has a decent chance to purify given the fast casting time. It's fairly often soon as someone gets hit with a debuff, especially Fragrance or Polearm, they get purified pretty quickly. I don't really consider demon CM to be much of a benefit since it's heavy on mana, very slow on channeling, and very slow on cooldown. Demon, much like veno class, seems more heavily leaned toward PVP/primary damage dealer.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Demon... = primary damage dealer.

actually sage skills do more (both) consistent and spike damage, chi gain sky rockets with sage NV and rapid growth spam can do wonders considering the chance of getting no cooldown on it
  • ptana
    ptana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    actually sage skills do more (both) consistent and spike damage, chi gain sky rockets with sage NV and rapid growth spam can do wonders considering the chance of getting no cooldown on it

chi gain -both demon/ sage can get chi easy

demon NV does more damage than sage NV

rapid growth spam -Cooldown 35.0 seconds(Has a 25% chance to clear its cooldown time)
    its not really spam able but sure, use when its ready

you was lazy there and just wrote something right? ;)

how i see it?
    consistent -sage
    spike damage-demon

consistent-Does an additional 800 damage
    -Does an additional 1500 damage
    -increases Wood damage by 25%

spike damage-Has a 25% chance to reduces target's Wood Resistance by 15% for 6 seconds
    -Has a 25% chance to increase damage taken by target for 9 seconds
    -increases critical hit rate by 2%

i guess my free bump to the guide
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not that it makes that huge of a difference but they also left out spark -channeling which certainly would help with both NV/AS, plus debuff for spam NV, and attaining another spark. I'm a sage mystic and I prefer that over demon but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking sage is even remotely on par with demon damage-wise.
  • l3zardvaleth
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ptana wrote: »
    how i see it?
    consistent -sage
    spike damage-demon

only 1 of the demon skills increases crit by 2% I guess that counts as "omfg demon is oriented to spike dmg"

I gues you did your homework and tried so hard but then again... fail b:laugh
  • ptana
    ptana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    only 1 of the demon skills increases crit by 2% I guess that counts as "omfg demon is oriented to spike dmg"

I gues you did your homework and tried so hard but then again... fail b:laugh

i think my post was clear
    if you cant understand that demon has the lights to hit more because of the debuffs i wrote its not my fault.(your quote its only what you can understand?)
    yes i tried so hard lol, copy paste from ecatomb.. and to be honest its already fail to talk about spike damage, we are not wiz we 2 hit mostly
    i think you fail to accept the reality
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Any other questions regardless sage and demon? guess not :D
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You guys are to much busy trying to prove yourselfs who is better.... just play the game an enjoy b:dirty
    edited August 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/e7c9434529f283c9 current state.

I stopped playing though, Mysticarella.... too much dramma and stuff on this game.
  • Blossorn - Lost City
    Blossorn - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well, im SAGE, and... i wanna know which is better, look ive the currents skills lv 11 (sage versions):

Nature's Vengeance
    Swirling Mist
    Bramble Tornado
    Break in the Clouds
    Resurrect
    Devil Chihyu
    Energy Leech
    Rapid Growth

too many o.o ( dint figured out i had almost all in sge verison XD tho)

but now im starting to see demon in a diferent and better way, like.. they all are POWNers
    and im starting to figure ot a lot of combos as demon like,
    NV(slows)+GL(nice rate to paralice+ prob seal)+BT(knock back+huge damage output)+SM(nice damage + prob. res reduction)+NV spam = POWN (THATS FOR PHYSICAL THO)

AND THE VERY COMMON USED

3 SPARKS+RG+NB+NV+AS+AS+NV+AS o.o

and i ve think of a lot of combos and everyone has a better perfomance on sage, should i switch culty and.. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ buy all the skills again QQQQQQQQQQQ

or should i skick on sage? (btw just as a secret demon galeforce has better gange than sage one o.o)b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fist i started a Cleric :lv 20 2008
    2nd a Veno: lv 81 2009
    3rd an Assassin: lv 91 (****) 2010
    4th o.0 Assassin: lv 101 (cool)
    5th Mystic FTW b:dirty
  • emereldsix
    emereldsix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DISCLAIMER: before you come with your QQ, you should know that this "guide" is biased. I like Sage and I support sage. Read at your own risk.

Me, at the moment. Sage. http://pwcalc.com/be42dc951723b3a3

After many people asking for this I decided I should state some opinions. I've experienced Mystic to its full on CN version and now that it has come to PWI I'm still loving it.

It has been stated repeatedly that Mystics are a mixture of classes and that they should never excell at anything bla bla bla. Whatever our beloved Mystics are, you have to make a choice here:

a)DD
    b)DD&Support all terrain (I think Mystic belong here, no matter what you say)

Some people went demon and they did because of the following reasons
    -spark - chan
    -res - 100% HP recovery
    -petals - 4 min
    -bramble tornado - 1m more

DEMON

EDIT: Demon Verdant shell's add on is comfirmed to act as the skill Focused Mind from Assasins, you have 20% chance to neglect any damaging skills for idk how many secs after rebuffing.

Demon seems to be good for TW purposes cause of the res buff, ur friends will come back with 100% hp, ur petail will last longer and all... Let's consider both sage/demon res are nice since they don't tick charms. Still, not enough for me to choose demon though.

If you choose a full channeling build (not expensive at all really) you'll be at 42%. Demon sparked you'll be at what... 62%ish? talk about glitching randomly while you are casting your skills? Other than that, you mostly triple spark on TW / PvP to either finish off someone or to purify a deadly debuff you have. Do you really need the extra channeling? What do you need the channeling for? for Nature's Vengeance??? really??? maybe Absorb Soul, but either way you have a different role than nuking people.

Plus, you'll be pot / cloud eruption dependant. Also I like how demon aoe heal gives purify, thats just LOL

Petals CHANCE of extended duraton is nice, but then again its "up to 4 min", people keep thinking you wont have to renew your petals for 4 minutes which is LOL, so you can't depend on it. It's a life saver skill but it's so unpredictable that i can't really rely on it. Bramble tornado? seriously? 1 more meter? Your main enemy in TW/PvP will be archers and if that knockback works, pushing him back for 1 meter wont make a difference, since the skill range isn't that long.

I almost forgot about thicket's amplify damage proc, but unless you pop an ironguard or use absolute domain, run around a bunch of enemies and thicket them... (which is actually a BM role with roar/dg combo)... and then HOPE to amp them... I think it's not reason enough to choose demon. In my personal opinion, that's like choosing a sage archer because "take aim does more damage, metal debuff lasts longer, barrage gives you damage reduction and sharpen tooth arrow is 20% hp reduction" lol

SAGE

Call me biased but there are several reasons why Sage outshines Demon. Even though this is a guide, demon has too many downsides. Sage is more verstaile, you can switch from suppport to attack and back again without risk.

You get A LOT of free chi for constant AoE. Think, other than Nature's Vengeance, what other attack do you spam? Swirliing Mist? seriously? Absorb Soul with his long *** casting time? You use your 2 AoEs... and they ACTUALLY come in handy when eithe single or few melee enemies come at you and try to aps you to death. You better have enogh pdef to survive. That's why you choose a good defense build. Gale force is also nicer, so is Thicket, both give you more damage and OHEY what you need for those skills? chi? the kind of chi you get every minute with sage?...

Anyway, Sage gives you also LESS MANA USAGE, yes, you wont be eating that much mana after all, not only that, if you switch to support mode, you'll have purify on a skill that you actually use a lot in PvE and maybe in PvP too.

More damage on all skills (starting from Wood Mastery, then Nature's Vengeance, and then Thicket which is SUPPOSED to be our ULTIMATEROFLMAWTFBBQ attack). Verdant Shell gives you more P.Def... oh, hey, maybe that extra p.def is useful... I don't know... do you? Sage Energy Leach gives you a longer anti stun and that is always nice for either a OMFGTFOHERE escape or ironguard on the last second

Anyway, I hope you choose what suits you, it's a matter of wheter you want to be full attack or an all-terrain-class which is basically what Mystics are supposed to be in my opinion.Both paths are good, but I like and thinSageis MUch BETTER.

EDIT: Removed pw calcs, they ended up being the same.

Yea I just have to say, Demon is for aps, this is for BMs, Seekers, And Barbs if your RioN from arch server. But, while sage has its benefits any class with aps needs to go demon. I can kill a r9 barb fully geared with my 101 sin with the journeyman's fist, NPC fists. with pure aps. so yea... biased thread very much. I DO have to say tho. for the following classes it is reccomended that you go sage: Barb, Seeker, and any caster class. your not pro enough for demon :)
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    emereldsix wrote: »
    Yea I just have to say, Demon is for aps, this is for BMs, Seekers, And Barbs if your RioN from arch server. But, while sage has its benefits any class with aps needs to go demon. I can kill a r9 barb fully geared with my 101 sin with the journeyman's fist, NPC fists. with pure aps. so yea... biased thread very much. I DO have to say tho. for the following classes it is reccomended that you go sage: Barb, Seeker, and any caster class. your not pro enough for demon :)

Any aps class? trolol...

Demon LA wizzies? those things rip through everything
    Demon clerics? yeah nuff said
    Demon venos? amp with their ulti+increased physical attack over sage, can be overkill
    Demon psychic, no, ill agree with this class is pretty horrible demon
    Demon mystic? id like to own with my skills.

Back to your sage thing SAGE SEEKERS OWN, aps on a sword is not that great when a seeker is just spamming skills. 95% of seekers go sage.

Aps doesnt choose a path, playstyle does.
  • theresamarie
    theresamarie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    do u by any chance no which is best 4 clerics:sage or drmon?as i am completely confused.i do do alot of dungeons healing,but at the same time clerics have thier own qsts 2 complete so u hav 2 b able 2 dd as well,any help wood b appreciated ty.