Guide: Demon vs Sage

Comments

• Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Explain to me then why my buff wore off after 30 secs of putting it in safe zone?

Alright, you've been fighting in a safe zone. Naughty, naughty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • ShiningRock - Lost City
    ShiningRock - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Rename your title please. It's not a guide.

oh and i'm a demon mystic.

Normal -26% channel

Demon sparked: -51% channel

Demon+Rapid Growth = -71% channel

Natures+Absorb w/ 71% Channel = Night Night robes + LA in 2 seconds or so

(oh and don't forget Magic Attack Stacks also with both)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Rename your title please. It's not a guide.

oh and i'm a demon mystic.

Normal -26% channel

Demon sparked: -51% channel

Demon+Rapid Growth = -71% channel

Natures+Absorb w/ 71% Channel = Night Night robes + LA in 2 seconds or so

(oh and don't forget Magic Attack Stacks also with both)

And what is your opponent doing during the 8 seconds or so that you need to get this off? Just standing there? What if he stuns you? Or simply just runs way? It's a pretty nice combo to get some sick damage in pve, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    And what is your opponent doing during the 8 seconds or so that you need to get this off? Just standing there? What if he stuns you? Or simply just runs way? It's a pretty nice combo to get some sick damage in pve, I guess.

Listless + Lysing = 13 second sleep.

All you need is something to survive any control for the second AS (fortify? Will Surge for wizzies maybe)
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    na na na na na na na na na na na na na na

BATMAN !!!!
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Listless + Lysing = 13 second sleep.

All you need is something to survive any control for the second AS (fortify? Will Surge for wizzies maybe)

Listless isn't always a complete success as you have to lyse it, and if the opponent has quick reactions and knows Mystic skills, he can move out of Listless range before you're done lysing it. Or use anti-sleep/debuffs skills or apoths before.
    But yeah, his combo is excellent to gank an arcane person or if he's using ironguards or similar apoths while doing it. But if they are actually fighting back I guess the best would be something like:
    NV + AD + Listless + Lysing + Rapid + Absorb Soul.
    Or you could Leech Salvation if your AD in in cooldown or something, and you could combine it with Nature's Barrier right after Leech so it wouldn't immobilize you thanks to the immunity. If you're charmed, in most cases, Salvation's Leech and Nature's Barrier should be enough to buy you time to use your combo. Unless the person is like R9 and hits really like a truck :o In this case your best bet is still AD or ironguards.

Btw, I'm sage but I have -45% channeling on my gear which makes it -65% chan already without needing demon spark ^o^ And anyways, triple sparking in PvP is begging to be stunned or killed asap or purged by a veno, unless you sleep them or stun them long enough before actually sparking. This is for 1 vs 1 PvP though. In TW it's another story, you can't get everyone slept or stunned at the same time so anyone can come to prevent you from destroying everything on your way with your spark.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Listless isn't always a complete success as you have to lyse it, and if the opponent has quick reactions and knows Mystic skills, he can move out of Listless range before you're done lysing it. Or use anti-sleep/debuffs skills or apoths before.
    But yeah, his combo is excellent to gank an arcane person or if he's using ironguards or similar apoths while doing it. But if they are actually fighting back I guess the best would be something like:
    NV + AD + Listless + Lysing + Rapid + Absorb Soul.
    Or you could Leech Salvation if your AD in in cooldown or something, and you could combine it with Nature's Barrier right after Leech so it wouldn't immobilize you thanks to the immunity. If you're charmed, in most cases, Salvation's Leech and Nature's Barrier should be enough to buy you time to use your combo. Unless the person is like R9 and hits really like a truck :o In this case your best bet is still AD or ironguards.

Btw, I'm sage but I have -45% channeling on my gear which makes it -65% chan already without needing demon spark ^o^ And anyways, triple sparking in PvP is begging to be stunned or killed asap or purged by a veno, unless you sleep them or stun them long enough before actually sparking. This is for 1 vs 1 PvP though. In TW it's another story, you can't get everyone slept or stunned at the same time so anyone can come to prevent you from destroying everything on your way with your spark.
    Sparking in PvP is viable if you know what you are doing. Same with TW.

With your gear + demon spark = 90% chan. Absorb soul channels in .5 seconds.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited May 2011
    Trip Spark + Chi pot + Lysing Storm + Rapid Growth + chi skill + Holy path + Beffulding + Lysing + Lucky Break + Gale Force is viable if you know what you are doing also. In TW You could 1 shot all sins, clerics, archers wizzys and venos around while sealing all BMs, seekers, and barbies in the way. Definitely seems like something that can be done under normal circunstances.
  • Kyrael - Dreamweaver
    Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Explain to me then why my buff wore off after 30 secs of putting it in safe zone?

Petals lasts UP TO 1 minute (5 if demon). It can expire any time within that range. b:surrender
  • l3zardvaleth
    l3zardvaleth Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Petals lasts UP TO 1 minute (5 if demon). It can expire any time within that range. b:surrender

well that was my point. it's not 5 minutes FIXED, it's still UP to 5 minutes.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Trip Spark + Chi pot + Lysing Storm + Rapid Growth + chi skill + Holy path + Beffulding + Lysing + Lucky Break + Gale Force is viable if you know what you are doing also. In TW You could 1 shot all sins, clerics, archers wizzys and venos around while sealing all BMs, seekers, and barbies in the way. Definitely seems like something that can be done under normal circunstances.

There's a difference between that and demon spark > rapid growth > fortify > irongaurd.
    edited May 2011
    There's a difference between that and demon spark > rapid growth > fortify > irongaurd.

I know lulz. So any of u guys already got ur 100 skills? Lucky Break seems nice to get 1st...

by the way...

added a small disclaimer at the beggining of the "guide" b:cute
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've just kind of skimmed this thread so I apologize if it's been brought up, but didn't think it warranted a new thread: has sage RG been fixed yet? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    I know lulz. So any of u guys already got ur 100 skills? Lucky Break seems nice to get 1st...

by the way...

added a small disclaimer at the beggining of the "guide" b:cute

I'm thinking about going for lucky break > weeping breeze > then the heal.

Its so sad that mystics have decent 100 skills. 150mil goes bye bye b:cry
    edited May 2011
    Mytics are the awesomeness !!! <3
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've just kind of skimmed this thread so I apologize if it's been brought up, but didn't think it warranted a new thread: has sage RG been fixed yet? xD

Yes I confirmed that it was fixed as far as I was told from Kohala, another sage mystic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited May 2011
    Bumps for the lulz !!!
  • Cerydwen - Harshlands
    Cerydwen - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Stop bumping a troll topic :)
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    I don't Wanna be in guild with idiots who tlkd tons of **** to me in the past for example MrsNospheratu who constantly pms me trash talk...LIKE NIGGUH U ROCKING R9 SET +11 ,not only do you suck...but your QQ is outrageous.

True Story yo b:chuckle
    edited May 2011
    Stop bumping a troll topic :)

ohaiderdia

ur just jealous u dunt have a thread of ur own to bump b:chuckle
    trolololololol
  • Nutta - Dreamweaver
    Nutta - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Now... If you choose a full channeling build like this (not expensive at all really) you'll be at 42%
    http://pwcalc.com/76e3552aea0373cf

I only counted 27% channeling on that build. Or am I mistaken in the way -channeling works?
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    idk maybe he edited it or something? mistyped? Anyway a channeling build that doesn't sacrifice too much in defense should look more like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uisnoob
    uisnoob Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Howcome some people mention 3 spark then rapid growth? lol
    Doesnt the attack buff from RG over write ur 3 spark?
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    uisnoob wrote: »

Nope. Neither does absorbing Storm Mistress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2011

No it doesnt overwrite, RG it stacks with 3 spark. I have -45% channeling normal, with 3spark+RG I get -90%. Its pretty awesome to see AS going in less then a second b:dirty
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011

It has its own icon, that should tell you right away that it doesn't overwrite it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    No it doesnt overwrite, RG it stacks with 3 spark. I have -45% channeling normal, with 3spark+RG I get -90%. Its pretty awesome to see AS going in less then a second b:dirty

Now that's some kewl demon perk b:dirty
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Now that's some kewl demon perk b:dirty

Hey, demon spark kills charmed barbs D; And one shots r8 arcanes with less than 6K hp for me when they get "WTFPWNEDBYDEMONSPARKABSORBSOUL" as you might put it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

good to know Aizza
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

good to know Aizza

Don't try to disguise your ebil bumbs b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Don't try to disguise your ebil bumbs b:scorn

so when the *** are the devs gonna fix Salvation? this **** pet sometimes buff the enemy instead of attacking ._.