Compensation, What Was It?

Chii_Nyanco - Heavens Tear
Chii_Nyanco - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I don't post very often as everyone can see ^^; I was thinking today though and talking with some friends. We were thinking back in March when there were the ddos attacks. Many got the e-mails from PWI & it was discussed in forums that 2x wouldn't be extended, but additional compensation was on the way ... I might be mistaken but I don't recall anything happening in reference to it. Everyone has probably forgotten by now, I'm just curious what the whole point of that was. It's been nearly ... 4 months now?

It seems I can't quote it (if I can I fail to see how from the closed thread o_o;), but the post frankie put regarding it: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12676011&postcount=23

So, does anyone know what happened with all of that? b:question
Post edited by Chii_Nyanco - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rhams - Harshlands
    Rhams - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Now that you mentioned....
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I thought 2x was extended? Only the west coast got it too
  • Chii_Nyanco - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011

D: I don't believe so and I can't seem to find anything from scanning through forum threads and post to that effect o.o

Only thing I've found is another post mentioning the more compensation by frankie
    2x will not be getting extended right now, but we're planning to have more compensation once the servers have been stable for a few more days, as was stated in the e-mail that we sent out to you all.

and found here if anyone wants the actual post/thread info:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12676651&postcount=646
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011

It got extended by a day because of the east coastserver crash.

This compensation is for those unfortunate souls who got censored and couldnt do **** throughout 2x.
    edited July 2011
    This compensation is for those unfortunate souls who got censored and couldnt do **** throughout 2x.

Wrong month o_o the 2x during June (when the filter was implemented that affected people with certain character names) was for the 250k facebook likes & that did get extended by a day. I'm talking about 2x during the ddos attacks towards the end of March and the related posts that there was going to be additional compensation. Chat filter was not implemented during March, that happened in June, the two aren't related.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Maybe the compensation was packs sales lol
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wrong month o_o the 2x during June (when the filter was implemented that affected people with certain character names) was for the 250k facebook likes & that did get extended by a day. I'm talking about 2x during the ddos attacks towards the end of March and the related posts that there was going to be additional compensation. Chat filter was not implemented during March, that happened in June, the two aren't related.

~Much like myself they probably completely forgot about it then lol. b:chuckle
  • Troca - Heavens Tear
    Troca - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think they wanted us to forget about it. They send us all an email saying they'll make things right for the time lost during the ddos attacks, then they put it off til its nothing more than a bygone memory.

Seriously though, they emailed everyone saying they'd do this. They need to stick to what they say for once in their lives. >=/
  • Shadow_Kaza - Heavens Tear
    Shadow_Kaza - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    regarding the DD attacks you are quite right Chii. I also saw the posts related to the compensation before and I myself can't find it now. They did say a few days, but again you are correct in saying it's been 4 months since.

To PWE when you tell your employee's to make a statement, you better be able to back it up. It's 4 months since you posted about compensation regarding the attacks. Get off your *** and make amends with your clients whom keep you in business. The fact that nothing has been said says many things about your company. You are either hoping we would forget about it or you feel you have nothing to apologize for. Either way it looks like you need to work on customer service. Take a lesson from big business and treat your clients right. It's bad enough you dropped the ball once for allowing the attacks to happen in the 1st place, but you've managed to drop the ball a second time.
    edited July 2011
    @Jay_Dubbz: lol ... that is clearly what we need, we've never had enough of those, if anything we need even more packs X.x; amirite?

@LilNai: Maybe it's not the worst thing that I forced myself to post on forums and ask then XD

@Troca: ... Wow, I even got the lurker to post, that is an accomplishment right there o_o
    But in all seriousness, it kind of does make it seem as if things are put off until they are forgotten about :x

@Kaza: Oh hai there, you too o: I guess we'll see what comes of this. So far no one else can seem to recall anything being done, just being told something would. Maybe with enough responses it will at least get to someone's attention or at least cause others to notice that things were dropped & ask for a response too. *shrugs* Who knows
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    Selenica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to totally disregard the point of this thread and get to the point at hand.

OP marry me now.

/thread.
    Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee^^
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I woudn't like to be in the Gm's spotlight.

Must be hard to find a proper compensation for most of the players to be happy.

--A amount of money mailed to each ?

Some will find it too small, some would dance with joy..

Imagine though how long to mail to each player..

--Free DQ points added to each account ?

Again some will finish by QQing..(Not high enough...etc..)

--A useful in-game item ?

Even then usefullness is in the eye of the beholder..

--Maybe a special all class pet ? That's nothing too fancy..

--A un-tradable set of fash ? (Or just acount stashable)

And if they start now compensating people, not that I would mind, but a lot of the player base would receieve a "gift" for "nothing" cause they weren't even there.. So how to filter that ? By join date ? And they would give the gift to who ? 1st char on the account ?

As you see, I think it is a lot of work.

I know it would be extreme quite a bit, but why not some event gold for the event boutique ? Nothing too fancy in there, and if say, they give 15 EVENT gold to everyone or so. it IS all un-tradable stuff so I don't see how it would hurt..

Anyway , I guess you all see my point that whatever it could be, it is a lot of work.

Almost better in way for them to just get rid of it by switching 2x everything for a week...b:surrender
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • OnbinKarite - Heavens Tear
    OnbinKarite - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Come to think of it I did forget about it....but then again I barely ever troll the forums so easily could have missed it.

Sir is right, not matter what it will be there will be those not satisfied. (Greedy bunch should be happy they at least got something)
  • Troca - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    @Puma: Good point about too much or not enough and all the work involved for them.

But personally, I don't care what they do for it, I'm more concerned that they said they would and haven't done anything about it. Sure its just one more thing that they've just let slide, but come on, they went so far as to do a mass email saying there is compensation incoming.

And its true, it doesn't have to big, 15 event gold would work for all players, all accounts. Or they could just turn on 2x for a week or even just a weekend. Its not like it has to be something big, I just want to see that they do as they say they were going to do.
  • heatherrocks7
    heatherrocks7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would have been ok with no compensation for the attacks that put me out, but the fact is that I was emailed and told there would be compensation. Why go through the trouble of sending out the email if there would be no follow through? I am arguing this on principle, not greed.

Even just turn on 2x for a weekend. Seems like that is easier than organizing events and mailing items or gold. People are going to whine and complain no matter what kind of form compensation takes because that's what people do.

The long and short is that there was an email and a post saying there would be compensation and there has not been. The ethics are pretty simple on this one.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I totally forgot about that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I totally forgot about that...

Exactly what they wanted b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Exactly what they wanted b:shocked

It's a conspiracy that reaches all the way to the top. No wait..this is PWI. This is a conspiracy that reaches all the way to slightly above the middle. b:chuckle

+1 internets to anyone who can tell me what show my post is referencing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I had completely forgotten also. And it may be, like other people said, that they wanted us to. I would not really care either (despite the fact that I lost a couple sets of wine when I kept getting kicked off the game), except that I too got an email. If they promise something, they should follow up on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Troca - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Bump.

I want to see exactly how many people forgot about this. And while I'm at it, I'm curious if the devs/GM's themselves forgot about this.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ah, yes. I remember this, quite fondly. No compensation was given after the DDoS attacks (2x drops we're given during the DDoS attacks -- Saturday and Sunday, if I remember correctly), and we we're told via FrankieRaye that we would be given further compensation, since the 2x event was during the DDoS attacks and wasn't of much use to most players, due to constant dc'ing.

I've brought this up like five times now in "General Discussion" of PWI forums, and no GM/Mod has ever said one word. My best guess, is they expected people to just forget about it, as the promise of more compensation was just to shut the community up.

But hey, that's Perfect World Entertainment for ya. Great staff, eh?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It's a conspiracy that reaches all the way to the top. No wait..this is PWI. This is a conspiracy that reaches all the way to slightly above the middle. b:chuckle

+1 internets to anyone who can tell me what show my post is referencing.

king of the hill ie Dale Gribble?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    To the best of my searching ability, I can find no mention of compensation from Frankieraye since the second post that Chii_Nyanco linked to and I don't recall any such compensation either.

It's hard to prove a negative, but so far it certainly doesn't look like there was any compensation that Frankieraye indicated would come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    To the best of my searching ability, I can find no mention of compensation from Frankieraye since the second post that Chii_Nyanco linked to and I don't recall any such compensation either.

It's hard to prove a negative, but so far it certainly doesn't look like there was any compensation that Frankieraye indicated would come.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1042011&highlight=DDoS&page=67

Read Frankie's post in this thread and/or view my post in the page that I just posted, quoting Frankie:

"2x will not be getting extended right now, but we're planning to have more compensation once the servers have been stable for a few more days, as was stated in the e-mail that we sent out to you all."

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12676011#post12676011

http://i51.tinypic.com/2jbwto4.png

Hope this is enough proof to prove a point.
  • Agamemnos - Heavens Tear
    Agamemnos - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I must admit that I'm one who forgot about the message regarding compensation until Chii_Nyanco posted this thread. I feel so placated and laughed-at now, lol. Something nominal would do, really.
    edited July 2011
    king of the hill ie Dale Gribble?

Nope, no internets for you. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    their compensation: easy lvling to 105 with ff glitch

they often dont keep theirself to their words.

i think it was in early 2009 that they said they would fix/re-open in a few/couple months
    snake island race, monthly race, and some other things.

more then 2 years have passed and they didnt do it.

FF glitch is known for a month+ now ? they said dev's are working on a fix but nothing has been fixed while they could easaly just temperory closed FF.

if ppl dont powerlvl they might actually make more money and bring back life in the dead part of the game economy and map. most ppl dont even know what to do at 1 april when the BH npc is disabled for a day. its just pathetic.

also a way to stop powerlvling is to put a lvl cap on the entrace and not just on the portal stone or mayby use same sort of lock as is used on hell/heaven in 1K streams.

these days nothing is an achievement anymore except beeing the first 100/100 lucky point genie maker.

lunar? tt99? nirvana? Rank 5 ~ Rank 9? public quest ring? cube/warsong? +7 ~ +12? its a laugh. even warsoul weapon is a laugh. same as for whatever lvl u get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Troca - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    O_o So which is it? Are they not keeping to their word or are they using the FF glitch as the compensation and not telling us?

Before I say anything else, this is not the FF glitch thread. And please don't make this about how easy everything is to get, we already know about that and there are a million threads about it already. We don't need another.

As for FF glitch being it? No. While argument can be made that it benefits them, doesn't benefit them, whatever, pretty sure if the FF glitch was their compensation for the DDos attacks, they: A, would endorse glitching and B, wouldn't be banning people for it.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1042011&highlight=DDoS&page=67

Read Frankie's post in this thread and/or view my post in the page that I just posted, quoting Frankie:

"2x will not be getting extended right now, but we're planning to have more compensation once the servers have been stable for a few more days, as was stated in the e-mail that we sent out to you all."

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12676011#post12676011

http://i51.tinypic.com/2jbwto4.png

Hope this is enough proof to prove a point.

Kinda hard to argue with those facts.

+ 1 for finding that b:victory

Now though, situation is still a bit hard to "fix". Like I mentionned, whatever compensation may be, some will like, some won't.. So, in a way, how to make sure you don't get yourself flooded by more hate threads of unhappy people ?

Give them nothing..b:surrender
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    O_o So which is it? Are they not keeping to their word or are they using the FF glitch as the compensation and not telling us?

Before I say anything else, this is not the FF glitch thread. And please don't make this about how easy everything is to get, we already know about that and there are a million threads about it already. We don't need another.

As for FF glitch being it? No. While argument can be made that it benefits them, doesn't benefit them, whatever, pretty sure if the FF glitch was their compensation for the DDos attacks, they: A, would endorse glitching and B, wouldn't be banning people for it.
    Yes, they outright said the FF glitch is bannable just so they can turn around and allow the general populace to abuse it as compensation -- then finally banning players that get said compensation. It all makes sense now.
This discussion has been closed.