Seems we got ignored.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seems we got ignored.

No one's being ignored, bloody_fox, we're just working out how exactly to do this. First I had to verify that you were right in the first place. Remember, we did have 2x on the weekend at the end of the attacks, so those were part of the original compensation. However, you're right that no further compensation as promised by the email was actually given.

So it looks like what we will be doing is taking a time when we would normally turn on 2x (Like for a holiday weekend or expansion release), and then have it run for a few days longer than it usually would. Due to the fc glitch, though, we're a bit wary of turning on 2x before we can get a fix in.

We'll definitely let you know when it's coming.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No one's being ignored, bloody_fox, we're just working out how exactly to do this. First I had to verify that you were right in the first place. Remember, we did have 2x on the weekend at the end of the attacks, so those were part of the original compensation. However, you're right that no further compensation as promised by the email was actually given.

So it looks like what we will be doing is taking a time when we would normally turn on 2x (Like for a holiday weekend or expansion release), and then have it run for a few days longer than it usually would. Due to the fc glitch, though, we're a bit wary of turning on 2x before we can get a fix in.

Ah, finally. A response. I'm calmed on this issue, though remember -- we won't forget the promise Frankie.
  • Troca - Heavens Tear
    Troca - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well I'll be. o_o I'm satisfied with this, so long as it actually happens as promised.

And I'd like to gratz and thank the OP for getting a 2x extension (whenever they do it next), I have a feeling that would be time we wouldn't have gotten if she hadn't started this thread. b:pleasedb:victory
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ah, finally. A response. I'm calmed on this issue, though remember -- we won't forget the promise Frankie.

Now take back what you said about Shelly being the only active mod.b:sad
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

frankie if im not mistaken, 2x wouldnt make a difference in this situation would it? under normal circumstances during regular ff runs you run hypers on a boss, and a 2x scroll. during the last 2x drops the exp on bosses were the same as usual because the 2x didnt stack with the 2x scroll. is this correct?
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thankyou, Frankie
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    frankie if im not mistaken, 2x wouldnt make a difference in this situation would it? under normal circumstances during regular ff runs you run hypers on a boss, and a 2x scroll. during the last 2x drops the exp on bosses were the same as usual because the 2x didnt stack with the 2x scroll. is this correct?

While you're right about the stacking (2x scrolls not stacking with 2x), if they were to just flippantly activate 2x, many players would use that to get 13x with hypers and no scroll. Thus, it would actually be cheaper for them to exploit the glitch for more experience.

They're showing a willingness to compensate and fix bugs...yet you're still unhappy? People really do amaze me sometimes.b:surrender
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    People really do amaze me sometimes.b:surrender

I can play the piano with my hair.

Does that amaze you?

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    While you're right about the stacking (2x scrolls not stacking with 2x), if they were to just flippantly activate 2x, many players would use that to get 13x with hypers and no scroll. Thus, it would actually be cheaper for them to exploit the glitch for more experience.

They're showing a willingness to compensate and fix bugs...yet you're still unhappy? People really do amaze me sometimes.b:surrender

Yea omfg, a whole 9tokens cheaper pr. hour b:laugh
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yea omfg, a whole 9tokens cheaper pr. hour b:laugh

still cheaper. A reward is a reward and you don't wanna even give a small one to those would exploit a glitch. IJS Besides, that's like .9 cents I could buy myself a bazooka joe bubble gum for that. Or I could recycle of couple of plastic bottles and buy myself a cheeseburger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    still cheaper. A reward is a reward and you don't wanna even give a small one to those would exploit a glitch. IJS Besides, that's 90 cents. I could buy myself a pack of bubble gum for that. Or I could recycle of couple of plastic bottles and buy myself a cheeseburger.

Those exploiting would not give a damn about 9tokens / 90k, ijs
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Those exploiting would not give a damn about 9tokens / 90k, ijs

Tis the principle of the idea balt. **** their cheeseburger, even if they can only buy it by finding some bottles or spare change. O.o PWI shouldn't help them buy their metaphorical cheeseburger. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm just saying they'll get the Exp no matter what. With or without compensation
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

What was the bug(s) they fixed?
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Oh? I spent the time to send a bug report with complete character names and full details of a squad that lost rep, and exp on a glitched call to duty. -PWI wasted my time twice for this (time wasted gaming and time wasted reporting) and continues to exploit this glitch as I've lost a lot of rep and exp since. I guess we need public outcry to get anything done?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

12.5x vs 13x -- wow big difference. You can sure see all the players waiting for 2x to glitch dragoons now huh. Are you seriously that naive?

And I don't see frankie's explanation appeasing people who are unhappy about this glitch. Suggesting that one isn't going to turn on 2x until the bug has been fixed, when no one knows when that is (2 years later?), really isn't much of a solution then, is it? What is your expectation? People to go "yay no 2x!".. until they fix a glitch, knowing PW's record on fixing glitches.

If there was any serious intent for PWI to fix this "bug", from what you call it, they'd have shut FF down until it was fixed, the way any MMO handles one that allows people to reach the highest level in a matter of a few days
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Not to argue the point; but, on the 85+ page post on that glitch, it says that it's an old glitch which was forgotten, rediscovered by players and currently an issue. I'm guessing that the said glitch is over a year old. Would this mean that compensation will be a year or two from now? If said glitch is worth fixing, why wasn't it fixed when it was first discovered?

That said, this is about compensation for the DOS attacks. Will all be "punished" and have to wait because of the actions of a few that we can't control? Is this a new Customer Satisfaction system ? This doesn't seem like a good way to make the larger non-glitching customer base happy.

I think I need a kiss. My late father told me that you should always get a kiss when this happens between you and someone else. b:kiss ?

Semper Fi,
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think we should be compinsated for all the inconvenience. Where is are freebie?? 2x to me sucks as a form as compinsation.....Sorry!!
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    our* freebie....lol oops!
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

dont misunderstand me kritty, i dont care about 2x exp, i do care about 2x drops! i was just asking is all b:surrender
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

There's a difference between having the will to do it, than actually doing it. Fixing spelling errors is not what I would call fixing bugs b:laugh That's all I've seen in the past few maintenance patch notes.
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Now take back what you said about Shelly being the only active mod.b:sad
    You are > Shelly stalker kitty. b:chuckle b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if they were to just flippantly activate 2x, many players would use that to get 13x with hypers and no scroll. Thus, it would actually be cheaper for them to exploit the glitch for more experience.
    I'd love for you to explain, as a player then, who put one foot forward with an opinion regarding exp multipliers, why people would care in regards to exploiting dragoons whether it was with 12.5x via xp scroll or 13x via 2x, free or not.
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'd love for you to explain, as a player then, who put one foot forward with an opinion regarding exp multipliers, why people would care in regards to exploiting dragoons whether it was with 12.5x via xp scroll or 13x via 2x, free or not.

Sorry about that blue, was on my phone and didn't realize how hard that was to read on the brown background.b:surrender

The idea isn't that people would care, the point I am making is that the company willingly throwing out a 2x event without a fix on a very broken part of the game would be highly irresponsible. Now, they do have to wait until China can send them a patch which will fix this "glitch", so they really don't know how long it will be. In the meantime, the best they can do is attempt to ban those abusing the "glitch", and just hope that the patch comes sooner rather than later. Who knows, maybe this delay of a week is so that the devs can take a stab at fixing the problem.

Now that I went on a tangent, back to what I was saying. They, as a company, cannot seemingly condone the use of this "glitch" with a 2x event while it remains unfixed. Thus, they are delaying the event until a fix can be applied and proved to be working correctly.

Does that make a little more sense, or am I still being unclear?
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As much as Kritty makes mistakes, the passive aggressive "Thou shalt not speak ill of anything" one is Fuzzy.

Kritty is a reasonable man, ijs.
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Um yeah.... That doesn't describe Kritty at all. I've spent quite a bit of time talking to him the past 3-4 weeks and yeah, so wrong. I think you have your mod barbs screwed up. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whoops, my apologies there Kritty. It seems I did confuse you for Fuzzy. I'll edit my posts to reflect the part I did take issue with.
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whoops, my apologies there Kritty. It seems I did confuse you for Fuzzy. I'll edit my posts to reflect the part I did take issue with.

And I'll edit mine to reflect your edit. No offense taken.b:chuckle
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    To be honest I don't see why it's so hard to fix the FC glitch.

Sure it would be difficult to edit the AI of the goons and boss, but why not just nuke the exp from each one to 1EXP? O.o
This discussion has been closed.