No more cancelling channel: a poll & an opinion

Comments

• ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think those people are really frustrated about the unbalanced PvP rather than the "fix" of the cc exploits. From what I've read from BMs, they only used the exploits to fight on par with the OP opponents

Problem isn't to beat OP geared players. The problem will also lay within equal geared players. BMs have horrid axe skills in terms of DPS (in a PvP world)... So skill spamming axe skills is out. DPS with fist was only viable with the speed increase, However the cyclone skill has the worst animation posiable for the use of while trying to stun lock. Not to mention the animation cuts a lot of time off of the buff plus dps during the stun. And the DPS even with a speed glitch is **** alone on HA classes, but once you add up the DBB, and Glacial spike buffs animation/cast etc, the speed buff has done worn short. Not to mention trying to squeeze the three celestial adds into a stunlock.

It is nice to see fixes, but these type of fixes that has gone ignored for so many years, and not compensateing for the changes is the problem. And totally wrong. I'm not mad myself over the fix for seekers, some may be, but I kind of suspected it to happen sooner or later so never built a PvP formula based on it. But I would imagine that if the glitch had went for more than a year, I would have eventually found myself to rely on it somewhat.
    re
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I personally don't care this fix. It's a glitch? well people always QQ about dev's not fixing them. Now they did. Personally, glitching Power Dash in PvE wasn't making a huge difference....maybe in PK it was . Btw , it's funny to see how ppl is getting sad due to the fact that this fix affected other classes, and not only sins... Really , as a glitch , it got fixed . What's wrong with it?
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Cancel powerdash was clearly a never intended exploit, you should be happy that you were able to use a exploit for so long and that nobody was banned for doing so.

No more CC exploits though, very deserved fix, I hope that more assassin 'fixes' are coming in the future b:laugh
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Yes but how about the magic shell glitch? Or maybe the phoenix bleed glitch? And i could go on, but I'm lazy at the moment.
    Cancel powerdash was clearly a never intended exploit, you should be happy that you were able to use a exploit for so long and that nobody was banned for doing so.

No more CC exploits though, very deserved fix, I hope that more assassin 'fixes' are coming in the future b:laugh

I see this fix more like a BM nerf tho
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I see this fix more like a BM nerf tho

It was bound to happen, people was not supposed to cancel a skill, get the buffs and not consume the sparks, regardless of how fair/unfair someone may think it was.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What do you mean by breaking the skills? Skills are now doing what they're supposed to do.. Consume spark, cast, get buff. How is it breaking the skill?

I feel for you BMs. Being able to glitch so many skills was always my favorite part of BM pvp.

>_> Skills require the proc before the skill hits, to get the most out of the skills...

For Sin, it's... The opposite. I don't care if Powerdash procs before the skill hits, I'd rather it hit after. But, DBB... The skill itself is mostly pointless without the buff being applied before the skill procs. >_> At least it was for me...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    <
    Agree the fix .
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    <
    Agree the fix .

Only because your class is OP enough already.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ah, right - yes, the skill itself will hit for less because the debuff isn't in place fast enough.

Yes; that part should be fixed. But not the cancel-but-still-get-buff part.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    >_> Skills require the proc before the skill hits, to get the most out of the skills...

For Sin, it's... The opposite. I don't care if Powerdash procs before the skill hits, I'd rather it hit after. But, DBB... The skill itself is mostly pointless without the buff being applied before the skill procs. >_> At least it was for me...

Have you looked at what DBB demon does?
    Maybe it's cause barb skills don't hit hard but damn looking at demon DBB makes me sad.

"Focus the hero's energy into the fists, then release. Affects
    enemies in a 15.0 meter line. Deals base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 8504.0. For the
    next 15 seconds, all your normal attacks gain Fire damage equal to 100% of
    your weapon attack."

Not a BM but looking at the description, even if buff comes before DBB fully procs, still won't affect this skill much since the buff is only applied to normal attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    works for sage BIDS.. lol

LOL, it was like the first thing I tested ingame after I saw the change. Would have raged on the forums nonstop if it didn't...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    A glitch got fixed... why QQ?

Curiously it was fixed right when rank sales came up b:laugh

Still, abusing a glitch is wrong
  • //athan - Dreamweaver18
    //athan - Dreamweaver18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hurray for auto attack pvp lol
    and noob fc babies buying +12, pwning everyone b:laugh

but hmm i heard can still glitch sage BIDS? would be hax
  • JennyAngel - Dreamweaver
    JennyAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have a lvl 100 sin and i have NEVER used that glitch a single time.

Glitching is for idiots who can't win the normal way.

End of Story
    ~ Cleric 090
    ~ Sin 100
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Er reread please? I support the change. I know exactly how it affects assassins and I think it is positive. For BMs, a little less so, but I still accept it happily.

lol, I was being sarcastic, referring to the OP complaining because he can no longer use a glitch. Seriously? If you have to exploit a glitch to be any good, then you are either a fail player, the classes are horribly unbalanced, or both. I also find it amusing that the only ones complaining are pretty much the PvP obsessed. Because their "job" just got harder. I'm so glad I play PWI the GAME, for FUN.

If anything, people should stop complaining about a glitch being fixed, and start complaining about the true issue behind this, the unbalance of classes in PvP.

also, OP is quite arrogant to call people names because they don't agree with him.

i Have A Lvl 100 Sin And I Have Never Used That Glitch A Single Time.

Glitching Is For Idiots Who Can't Win The Normal Way.

End Of Story

+666.
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Glitching Is For Idiots Who Can't Win The Normal Way.

End Of Story

^ This
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hurray for auto attack pvp lol
    and noob fc babies buying +12, pwning everyone b:laugh

but hmm i heard can still glitch sage BIDS? would be hax

No you cannot glitch sage bids anymore. It just still works properly the way it was intended (crit buff is applied to the aoe as well). Also glitching BIDS always was useless lol. 4 Second flashy channel for a chance on 10 sec crit...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You know, there is a reason they called it 'glitching' It's not suposed to be possible
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I dont think that they should "break" something that they fixed. I also think that those who are posting an admision of actually breaking the tos (game rules) shouldnt have to worry about thier threats to leave game- they should just be banned.
    After the couple thousand dollars i have spent i am probably considered a "fail" sin, but i never needed to "glitch"
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I feel really bad for the decent bms that were used to canceling skills. But a sin, that has chi coming out of its *** & enough to use up the 2 sparks on powerdash, QQing... /facepalm

Glitching is for idiots who can't win the normal way.

End of Story

I actually agree with this FOR SINS. Bms are a totally different.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've been a long time customer of PWI, but this might just be the final straw that will stop me from playing this game, and from paying, for yes indeed I have payed.
    Excellent! One less cheater is always a good thing.

By your logic, botting is totally ok (since the game lets you do it), as is running more than 2 multi-client sessions (since the game lets you do it), as is doing a certain packet-spoof that allows you to sell the same Mirage stone 3 or 4 times (since the game lets you do it), etc...

All of those examples give the players who do them a significant advantage, just like glitching skills did, and if PWI made them impossible then players who were doing them would lose that advantage.

And I bet they would be upset, too. But who cares? They're cheaters. Good riddance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't have a problem with PWI fixing glitching with regards to channelling cancelling.

It never made sense to me that you could get the added buff from using then cancelling the skill mid channelling.

I'm pretty sure that if you described the situation to a non PWI player that skill X does Y and gives Z buff but if you cancel the skill before it completes, you still get Z buff; they would tell you that it doesn't sound quite right.

I have done it on occassion with Sage BIDS to get the crit rate just to see it for myself. Never really had any practical application due to the circumstances (50% rate for occurance for one).

Never really tried it on my assassin with regards to Power Dash but then, I used it properly anyway. If that in some eyes makes me "fail". so be it.

Toodles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Batini - Archosaur
    Batini - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I for one have never used the Powerdash glitch and get on fine. Now I think we might get to see if allthis 'OP Sin' QQing has any merit. We will also see some true indications of ranking during event and also see less unskilled players having to actually learn the class.

So yeah maybe some us that never exploited this and have been doing perfectly fine until now can actually demonstrate that class and skill knowledge will beat knowledge of a 'glitch'

I don;t see any point in QQing that something has been fixed that you have exploited, just think yourself lucky you had that advantage for as long as you did....
  • damienthorn
    damienthorn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    EL OH EL!!b:chuckle

Whats the matter sins? QQing cos u can't stealth>>2spark>Glitch PD> and aoe 1shot everyone simultaneously with subsea strike+bramble rage?

LOLUMAD?

Good. Punks owning ppl who spent gajillions more with just basic 5.0 gear and a+10 weapon? All i can say is...WTF took so long!
    You thought you could **** off all the heavy csers and laugh and dance around rub it their face......now enjoy it noobs. You deserve it
    Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't.b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I for one have never used the Powerdash glitch and get on fine. Now I think we might get to see if allthis 'OP Sin' QQing has any merit. We will also see some true indications of ranking during event and also see less unskilled players having to actually learn the class.

So yeah maybe some us that never exploited this and have been doing perfectly fine until now can actually demonstrate that class and skill knowledge will beat knowledge of a 'glitch'

I don;t see any point in QQing that something has been fixed that you have exploited, just think yourself lucky you had that advantage for as long as you did....

You really believe a player who has timed their skills/clicks to perfection doesn't know how to play a sin? Now for the Tiger Event the winner will just be the sin with +10 or +12 daggers that gets to the last boss to die. It isn't going to just be about skills.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You know, there is a reason they called it 'glitching' It's not suposed to be possible

^ what the man said. skills were never supposed to be interruptable halfway through for half the benefit at none of the cost, much less then the better half of the benefits.

and, edit: i would LOVE if they'd fix the veno flying pet attack glitch next. fix that for venos and mystics both, please! i dunno what the "nix bleed glitch" thing even is, not having a nix, but i can't rule out that it too might be something that needs fixing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm not a PvP'er, but I truly believe some formerly "owned-by-CCSins" are going to have a murdering party soon :)

Arc will have a ton of sin's heads on spikes IJS b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    /facepalm @ all the idiots who call cancel casting a glitch. It is not. It was definitely an exploit, but it was using the game mechanics in a fashion that was not originally intended. But it was not a glitch.

I'm personally not affected for a few reasons, because fists aren't that great for PvP (unless you're fighting horrible players or poorly geared nubs) anymore and because I'm far too lazy to cc in PvE...

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think they just need to release R9 fist, pole, and sword...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    R9 fist with at least -0.05 would be nice.