June 1 Chinese Patch Notes

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Now if only you could actually use 300 Dragon points to buy a single Teleport Incense. Most people won't have the time nor patience to grind out the 50,000 Dragon Points, even if it means they get 166 Teleport Incenses.

hmm. (checks) i have 69k dragon points currently... but i'm saving them up in case i need to chip some of my 90's gear later, so can't use them on incense. making the incenses available individually --- either for DQ points, or even straight coin --- would be very nice, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011

About the Nirvana change: at first I thought hey great, something to get casters into Nirvana. Then I realized, without a bonus to the *entire* party, a big bonus, there will be no change. There is no penalty for not taking a caster; no difference in how it had been. For one extra boss, I highly doubt all these APS squads will bother.... unfortunately.

some info from 178.com, a chinese player site, on the nirvana change is that it's not just one boss, it's five bosses, and the kicker is that each of these bosses has a chance to drop rap. So there's a bonus for you if the info is true.

BTW, the patch there for tonight as been postponed, source: http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/redirect.php?tid=1755802&goto=lastpost#lastpost

reason given: to allow for more content additions.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Now if only you could actually use 300 Dragon points to buy a single Teleport Incense. Most people won't have the time nor patience to grind out the 50,000 Dragon Points, even if it means they get 166 Teleport Incenses.

Do a few 3-3 runs, tiger events, coa's, buy 50k points, profit?
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Do a few 3-3 runs, tiger events, coa's, buy 50k points, profit?

Um... how do 3-3's and CoA's relate to getting Dragon Points?

Of course, there's always the possible rewards from the Celestial Tiger Event, but that event is packed full of 5 aps cash shoppers.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Twil - Lost City
    Twil - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    - Magic class (wiz, psy, veno, cleric, mystic) can challenge brand new phy. immune boss in Nirvana with a special key obtainable daily.

Heeeyyy, PWE is finally doing something right. Good for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twilight Temple = HH. All the cool kids are saying it.
    Perfect World International is Schrodinger's game - it may or may not be dead. b:laugh
    If the game is dead, then YOU JUST LOST IT b:mischievous
    Calvin - Lost City: Nothing is cooking except I am putting 3 eggs on Elayne's boiling bald head and making some scramble eggs.
  • Anelyn - Sanctuary
    Anelyn - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Um... how do 3-3's and CoA's relate to getting Dragon Points?

Of course, there's always the possible rewards from the Celestial Tiger Event, but that event is packed full of 5 aps cash shoppers.

Tonight just go into jungle ruins. In the third room (easy enough for anyone to get to after a little practice) there is an NPC that gives you a shattered jade crest that you can turn in at the start for 1 event gold.

Just do this on 3 lvl 30 characters and you get 3 event gold. That's enough for 10 teleport incense.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Here this will solve all your tele incense problems or whatever the **** you ******** about.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Welp, this fish is happy;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    nimh88 wrote: »
    some info from 178.com, a chinese player site, on the nirvana change is that it's not just one boss, it's five bosses, and the kicker is that each of these bosses has a chance to drop rap. So there's a bonus for you if the info is true.

BTW, the patch there for tonight as been postponed, source: http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/redirect.php?tid=1755802&goto=lastpost#lastpost

reason given: to allow for more content additions.

I'm kind of skeptical of all these Chinese patches eventually hitting our shores. Wasn't Barb aggro supposed to be "fixed" in a Chinese up date a couple of months back ? b:surrender

Anyway... IF it is indeed 5 challenge bosses (as opposed to just the one we heard earlier), no question squads will make room for a Wizard and Psy (Cleric's spot is just about cemented too) in their squads now. That's just too much profit to pass up and its not like bringing along a couple of casters will slow down a 5 aps squad that much... particularly since you now have four man squads made up of BMs and Sins basically tearing through Nirvana at the moment.

Finally, competition dynamics for spots in a squad may change but at the same time they remain the same. I.e... if your DD and caster isn't 5 aps and R8/R9 respectively, then GTFO my Nirvy. b:angry
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As a veno, I farmed DQ for event gold and bought 160 teleport incense with it. I do the running quest alot and I got tired of mooching off my friends :3

If they finally fixed the 1k bug, I'm all for the new changes. The exp loss will be a pain in the butt to some people, but for others they can finally get their culti/chrono done more easily :3.

And a physical immune nirvana boss sounds fun, maybe those rank 8 wizards will actually get invited to some nirvanas now :P.
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Like I mentioned earlier, we haven't gotten these updates yet so who knows how long it will be before we get the previously mentioned ones as well as these?

nimh88 mentioned that we've received one of the previous updates, but I can't figure out which one he/she means, unless its not in the actual patch notes.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't mind some physical immune bosses. It will give me a good reason to use my elemental skills in PVE as opposed to just PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Anyway... IF it is indeed 5 challenge bosses (as opposed to just the one we heard earlier), no question squads will make room for a Wizard and Psy (Cleric's spot is just about cemented too) in their squads now. That's just too much profit to pass up and its not like bringing along a couple of casters will slow down a 5 aps squad that much... particularly since you now have four man squads made up of BMs and Sins basically tearing through Nirvana at the moment.

Nirvana squad with phys immune boss
    Cleric, Sin x2, BM x2, Veno

chances are one of the sins or BM will have had a wiz alt that they can use to water buff all the aps DDs

even with a phys immune boss there are ways of getting around it, it will simply make the run like 5min more

even if they added a bonus for having rainbow squad it can still be easily done w/o adding psy or wiz

Nirvana squad with rainbow set-up
    Cleric, Sin, BM, Barb, Archer, Veno

its, not that hard to replace the arcane classes, atm even mystic can replace cleric or veno for 6th spot for either situation
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I am very curious for that engraving service. I hope it comes soon here.

Edit: I just translated the link to the Chinese page on the op. It seems this engraving is for weeding rings only.
  • Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver
    Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Magic class (wiz, psy, veno, cleric, mystic) can challenge brand new phy. immune boss in Nirvana with a special key obtainable daily.

If this was a boss in the normal nirvana run, a boss the squad needs to kill before going for the ancient elder that drops raptures, a boss that needed to die in order to advance... but a optional boss the usual aps squads will just say "yeah rigth lets ignore that" and moving on. Still will be better than have nothing done at all I guess...
    Changes in Rebirth: you will no longer be automatically rez'd, you will loose exp upon death, special rez scroll (and a couple of other stuff not sure what for) will be given upon entry.

As if it wasn't hard enough to get a barbarian to join in a delta WAS IT IS!! Now they can risk losing exp inside there? and yeah, myself being a venomancer that loves to do deltas even more than stupid pointless and easy dungeons like nirvanas... a venomancer that have done 26 full deltas runs... SOMEONE that knows what a pain it is to get a proper, nice equiped, skilled and good mannered barbarian for a full delta... How can I be happy with this kind of steps?

Yeah, taking out the 1k bug that its here since beta is a good move, nobody can say otherwise... But unless the special stuff is something like special teleport incenses for deltas, this is nothing more than adressing a problem while creating another one. Lets see what comes out of this...
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Too bad this will most likely never come here.
    Guess instead of doing 99 keys on wizzy on 2x, I can do this if the very very slim chance it comes here.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If this was a boss in the normal nirvana run, a boss the squad needs to kill before going for the ancient elder that drops raptures, a boss that needed to die in order to advance... but a optional boss the usual aps squads will just say "yeah rigth lets ignore that" and moving on. Still will be better than have nothing done at all I guess...

As if it wasn't hard enough to get a barbarian to join in a delta WAS IT IS!! Now they can risk losing exp inside there? and yeah, myself being a venomancer that loves to do deltas even more than stupid pointless and easy dungeons like nirvanas... a venomancer that have done 26 full deltas runs... SOMEONE that knows what a pain it is to get a proper, nice equiped, skilled and good mannered barbarian for a full delta... How can I be happy with this kind of steps?

Yeah, taking out the 1k bug that its here since beta is a good move, nobody can say otherwise... But unless the special stuff is something like special teleport incenses for deltas, this is nothing more than adressing a problem while creating another one. Lets see what comes out of this...

Lol, not even that. People would just make damage pots for elemental DD. Ive done it (On a PServer, cos im awesome) on a BM against the old/fake versions of the frost guards (Phy damage immune). Takes a while but even at 300-500 a hit with 5 peeps itl die pretty fast still.
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2011

If it is actually 5 bosses like someone said earlier, then I wouldn't be surprised if it is like a whole separate version of the dungeon. Like maybe instead of the 5 normal bosses after the first boss (the one that doesn't drop anything), these 5 bosses would show up if you use the "special key". Like this:
    First Boss (like normal) ---> 4 phy immune bosses ---> phy immune version of Mysterious Old Man.
    If they each have a chance to drop raps (as the same person said earlier) then that would actually still be fair since:
    1. They only get one key per day, as opposed to 3.
    2. It will still take a full team of casters a while to complete it compared to an aps squad.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    An interesting thought here is that Seekers can do elemental damage...and because they have no realistic chance at 4-5APS, are they going to be left out in the cold on this? b:sad
    edited May 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    An interesting thought here is that Seekers can do elemental damage...and because they have no realistic chance at 4-5APS, are they going to be left out in the cold on this? b:sad

With these new physical immune bosses, I don't think they would be left out there, but who knows? =/ People are crazy and are obsessed with speedy runs, rather than having fun.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    With these new physical immune bosses, I don't think they would be left out there, but who knows? =/ People are crazy and are obsessed with speedy runs, rather than having fun.

They're obsessed with making money, in a game.

Where do you think the fun went?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011

The OP was saying that only caster classes would get the key necessary...so I was curious about that...

Could be interesting to see that ring-stat-adder-thing in action...
    edited May 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The OP was saying that only caster classes would get the key necessary...so I was curious about that...

Could be interesting to see that ring-stat-adder-thing in action...

Completely forgot about that. I guess Seekers may get left out of it, which would be sad, as they're the only class who would be left out of 5 APS only and mage only Nirvana runs.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm more annoyed at venomancers being classed as a magic class.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2011

what? how is a venomancer, a class that requires the use of a MAGIC weapon to use any skills, not supposed to be considered a magic class?

while yet it does have phys skills and a big phys att boost from demon spark, they still require the use of a magic wep to use any of its skills
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
    edited May 2011

Well, in the grand scheme of things, most Venos use magic. The only way they don't is by being a Fox Form Veno who doesn't use a pet (as healing is magical). On the bright side, if this new Nirvana thing reaches us, Venos will get to take part in it.
  • Raapy - Raging Tide
    Raapy - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    k, so who does the running quests in delta, must have no exp, or they will lose a lot? oO
    [SIGPIC]Level 104 Sage Assassin[/SIGPIC]
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    k, so who does the running quests in delta, must have no exp, or they will lose a lot? oO

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/2100

Also, I think that problem is much less of a worry compared to being unable to finish the dungeon if the cleric or DDs take too much damage at once and get ported to 1k.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Anyone complaing of exp loss can buy TP essence or pay for a couple of gaurdian scrolls.

b:bye
  • Raapy - Raging Tide
    Raapy - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    and waste almost 1m to do every delta? no ty
    i'm sure they can solve this with a better way than that, and also, Nirvana is the same as they are going to make delta be, u lose exp, u have to release or get ress'ed and ppl still get kicked out nirvana, its not so usually, but still happens
    [SIGPIC]Level 104 Sage Assassin[/SIGPIC]