The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Noticed 2 bugs or random glitches today was doing fb 59 tabbed and wasnt doing it in the normal order from left to right but all but 1 out of 4 of the tabs that were used bugged no one in prty recieved xp from doing the tabbed bosses only one of them did it work on rest quest was accepted and then later on failed 4-5 hours later after having logged on and off a few times.

Second one was a realy random glitch the doors that used to be in fbs were apearing in random places throughout the world map the one I encountered was outside of kings feast and created a box around the teleport master there next to the elder and even had a few players stuck inside of it and couldnt get in or out of it either. It dissapeared a few minutes later but right afterwards someone world chatted about one in either blade as well.
  • lo324
    lo324 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i have found a new GRaphical glitch that i am stuck in arround tellus city on the way to the elder

i appear to be stuck inside the mountin and i was on auto path to the elder

can a gm please message me ingame to GET ME THE HELL OUT OF THERE been in there for over 1 hour

cords are 398.236

and yes i have tryed loggin out and it did not fix it

thanx
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    so am guessing east coast servers get 2x exp/spirit/drops againb:thanks
    for the latest east coast wipeb:angry
    ehm sorry about that wrong section or thread mebe.....
    just mouse over this one plz...or mebe not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lilly_Star - Sanctuary
    Lilly_Star - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Will you be fixing the issue with the faction slogan box? For the past few weeks can only enter limitted amount of characters and gets a invalid characters message when try to use space or more than 10 characters.
  • reyfran11
    reyfran11 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    When I enter the launcher of the Perfect World, not available server says to me, please try again later. The option to begin available this one, but when I do click nothing happens. It does not open the game. Please say to me that I can do!
    I have windows xp
  • Sakujyo - Heavens Tear
    Sakujyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Have the same issue - was just looking to see if it had been reported elsewhere in the forums b:pleased

It seems as though the illegal character is whitespace. Using underscores instead seems to pass the broken filter... This looks terrible lol, please fix this by the next patch PWI. b:shocked
  • jgbcfhfth
    jgbcfhfth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7451/str2u.jpg
    I flew into the boat (using WASD keys) and appeared at the destination. But the character was tilted at an angle of 45 degrees.
    (Nightscream Island 403, 554 ↑22)
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Fix the pets skins, this not exactly appearance for the wild ones.
    Some exemples: Celestial Plumpfish, Florafang Guard and Florafang Maneater. Here some screenshots for comparison:

http://i55.tinypic.com/28mpdo3.png
    Celestial Plumpfish (wild mob)

http://i54.tinypic.com/169oln5.png
    Celestial Plumpfish (after tamed)

http://i51.tinypic.com/orih06.png
    Florafang Maneater (wild mob)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2cpu9ut.png
    Florafang Maneater (after tamed)

Pets have a low detail models, instead a high detail models of wild mobs.
    Please fix it, this bug is old... For more information, see this old closed thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=106152
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ok, a few things, first, and yes i know that its not officially supported by tech support but i'll post anyways in case another player has an idea. i used to play pwi from ubuntu no problem.. now it wont even go past the launcher, even executing the client directly doesnt do anything, not sure if this is a glitch with the new expansion, or the new 11.04 ubuntu i just upgraded to, i'll muck with that later i suppose, tho (game with characters named Morrigan and Alistar and Wynne) runs fine at highest settings (minus frame buffer effects cuz linux dont use em).

Which brings me to the bugged water texture.. used to be, before i put win7 on here and was runnin on xp, i could have everything at max settings and still get a good 40fps in most areas aside from w.arch, now i get a fps of about 4 if i have everything cranked, so i've messed with the sliders and determined that its the water effects, if i set that to the lowest, i get back up to 50fps, switch it to second setting and it drops to 4-7.. what gives there? and why did i not get this problem in xp on the same machine? something to do with how win7 draws directx9 stuff via directx11 interfaces? I stopped playin for a while to play another game (by a company whose name is a shape ;) ) so i've been gone about 6 months, and upgraded to win7 (and another gig of ram, and a new LCD screen) from xp during that time so i havent played the new expansion on xp yet only 7, would it do me any good as far as graphics quality goes to wipe and reload with xp?

minor graphical/interface issues i've noticed:
    World map on 16:9 mode has the top and bottoms chopped off, for example, i cannot see most of the tideborn area on the world map, even in fullscreen. and resolution at 720p compliant 1280x720. might be time for pwi to update the map jpg's to wide format, i think 4:3 ratios are mostly obsolete

Oh and also, lots of untranslated text in new zones quests (usually on the clickable responses), and the nice "leveling guide" helper popup (great way to help the newbies, make em learn another language lol), oh reminds me of when i first started playin shortly after launch, 90% of the game hadnt been translated yet, now i get that feelin again while leveling a mystic ;) not to mention quite a few grammatical and typographical errors which tend to make what yer supposed to do relatively confusing
  • Distra - Dreamweaver
    Distra - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's about Firework Dealer face texture issue - it looks odd.
    I know that there was other NPC with the same problem, but it was the same model (NPC).

pwifireworkdealer.jpg
  • Aumbree - Sanctuary
    Aumbree - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Traveling Vendor Hsu in Ether Blade has Chines text pop-up window.
    This is on the Dreamweaver server.

thanks
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As above person said. Traveling vendor Hsu has Chinese text quests in his list.
    And since when can he refine equipment ? o.o

2011-05-1815-28-07.jpg
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Beastlaird - Heavens Tear
    Beastlaird - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:puzzled Okay have my crafting (Blacksmithing to be exact) done the quest made all the 2* weapons which gave me 60/60 in the skill list go to upgrade to LvL6 Blacksmithing get to Elder, Elder says I can't learn it. When I mouse over the skill to see why i can not upgrade my blacksmithing to Level 6 the Elder has that I have only 60/80. So which is correct the skill list character (60/60) or the Elder (60/80)? b:puzzled? Tried to insert jpeg but no not how
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Move Forward
    To SUCCEED
  • Foxchu - Archosaur
    Foxchu - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ok this has been a repeating event... the Earth Guard lands have not had a sky in the snow area for this ENTIRE time. i'm not sure if people are lazy or just plain blind but there is NO SKY in the Snowdragon Heights and nothing has been done about it (to my knowledge) now idk if it is something to do with my computer or with the game file itself but all i know is there is no sky on my screen

4f5d22f332_md.jpg

ok and with the recent patch there have been no background music. and i heard of multiple people having this problem... did you guys delete the music or something? or misplace the file? come on the music shouldn't have disappeared in most areas yet stay the same in others... makes no sense (you can get music in The City of Lost and wellspring village idk about other places). it would have been nice to address the problem with the music and added like a mid week small patch that would give the music back or something b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Fear the Fox~

at the end of the day... idc if i'm "pro" or have the best gear... cause i know i'm an awesome veno cause i pour my heart into my character and give her life <3
  • Gravitor - Harshlands
    Gravitor - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Have the same issue - was just looking to see if it had been reported elsewhere in the forums b:pleased

We also have the same problem on our faction slogan. PLEASE FIX IT. It's rather frustrating, because we cannot add spaces to any slogan updates we want, or even add some characters...... really annoying.
  • goc666
    goc666 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    hi all cant log on my account it says "your current client program version too low. pls exit and update" did that few times and nothing and one more question hove is posible that i open more then 200 packs and get only 3 stuff from it is that ok or not pls tell me and hope that i will be abel to play soon cos i play this game more then year
  • goc666
    goc666 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ok i got in to the game just wana that someone explain me whay i open more then 200 packs and got only 3 stuff that is like 0,03% to get something from them and now i dont have coins in game and cant play you could say that is wery wery wery low posibiliti to get something from packs and few ppl get lots and lots of stuff every day i mean same ppl every day so i must be rich to get something? or what?
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have observed since the last 2 patch that exalted renewal reset in before the time expired. The bug is not exactly like Aegis Spirit like we know for a long time. I have been trying to replicate the bug whit some success. If you over buff the skill it seen to work fine and use normal reset. The last confirmation I could get on the bug, is when I was in the cube. I buff all 1 hours buff, and went in, got pked in bored room about 15 minute in. I then cast 30 minute buff and around 10 minute later the regen came off but the 3 other skill were still there. I'm trying to investigate it more, but it's hard to replicate.

I tried to replicate this problem whit not much success until today it happen. I started the cube whit 1 hour buff ( all 4 ) They were cast outside the cube about 20 minute before. When I got to the room 38 a mob catch me and I died. Back to room 1 I cast the 30 minute celestial guardian seal. Then went on to start the cube again. After 2 room I regen mp and recast all 4 buff 1 hour. And in room 42 the regen buff came off. I did not run in a player so it's not a genie skill. My guess is that the 1st 1 hour buff did not reset when I died and the new buff did'nt reset the timer. I went from room 5 to 42 in less then 20 minute. So this is confirm, there is a problem some were whit those 2 skill.

After reading my original post, I can say that this bug is really hard to replicate on the main map. but it happens in the cube ... could it be cube related ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Itzala - Harshlands
    Itzala - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The venom's skill Bramble Guard and Bramble Hood reflect % of melee hits to the attacker.
    But it have a problem now. I reflect damage to mobs and players in duel, but I don't reflect anything in pk, where I really need it. 2 or 3 weeks ago I reflect damage in pk too.
    Please can you repair this bug? Ty so much and sorry for my poor english.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The cancel casts option is not working after the last patch 01/06/2011 ty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Silberfluss - Dreamweaver
    Silberfluss - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the lysing sometimes doesnt work on my beffudling creeper (havent tested other plants yet)
    -and no it is no interrupt of a mob aoe
    also if my creeper is outside and i wanna meditate, it wont let me sit,
    like im still in combat-mode and creeper is agroing me.

another thing what my friend explored today-my char looks totally diffrent at his screen, normally my char looks like his target-icon 0.o Unbenannt-1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jessabomb11
    jessabomb11 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Im trying to decompose a couple of weapons I made. ***Bloodsuck Thorn (1 socket) and ***Flourishing Thorn (1 socket)
    Ive tried many different blacksmiths but none will let me. Yes my crafting skill is high enough and I have enough money. I even asked someone else to try it for me and she couldnt either :(
  • Distra - Dreamweaver
    Distra - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    "Second Wind" (Genie) skill has different icon on skill tree and different on her skill-bar

secondwindwrongicon.jpg
  • jkknight
    jkknight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    anybody having problems with the token shop.won't let me select server or toon sent a help ticket did what they said still doesn't work.
  • Jesseric - Archosaur
    Jesseric - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I hit F9. The screenshot box appears, but then it pans up uncontrollably until it goes about 20m up. Then I can't go higher and I can't go lower. I would take a picture, but then its just empty air.
  • Someangel - Sanctuary
    Someangel - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    im getting a whole bunch of textures misplacement that i never used to get before, i ran verify, reinstaled, tried on another os on the same computer, and i have nothing.

29kqovc.png

i would enjoy it if this got fixed, i loved playing pw with max textures :\
    this photo is the best example, but i have tons

dxdiag btw below
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xci5eeq66x3rkxx
  • pandaboy1
    pandaboy1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    when i start pwi, i log in and it says disconnected to server. so i close that window and join the server. it still works fine. i notice that my pwi is super fast. my character moves around really fast and everything is fast. can someone help me? b:sad
  • backsoul
    backsoul Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    just this time have an error to my character i cant open him whats that error pops-up all about pls do remedy...ty

my toons im saying was jerx_sphere pls fixed that bug its my only toons im focusing with...
  • EdeixX - Raging Tide
    EdeixX - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    pls help me.....i just killed Phlebo in Eden and it didn't count for me, why? It count for Awakening Evil quest :( for for bh no:(( pls help me b:cry
  • Finn_haar - Sanctuary
    Finn_haar - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have a serious problem with charging zen> I made a new thread about it few secs ago
This discussion has been closed.