History doomed to repeat itself?

Options

Comments

• Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    In PWI on all Servers and probably on the other Versions too, over Time it is ALWAYS ALWAYS only one Faction holding the full map or a Major and a Minor Faction who hold the Complete Map until the Leader Rage disband or they reset the Map.

It WILL happen again if not Valhalla it will another one but it will happen for sure.
    I hate Room 38
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I remember a certain faction named Kingdom, and a certain forum troll named Taboo, who kept posting on forums about how people should band together if they really wanted to stop Kingdom from taking over the map. Basically his idea was that it wasn't Kingdom's fault that they were so strong and powerful, it was the rest of the server's fault that they couldnt band together to "save" the server.

Is the same thing happening now, only with different names, different people? I feel a little deja'vu, so yes in a way history is repeating itself.

But then again Kingdom is now long dead and gone. The only words slipping from people's tongues now is "Zulu". Who knows what will happen in the next few months? At times Kingdom seemed unbeatable. Crimson, and then QQme also did too. Bloodcult even once seemed to be the next "big" faction. Whatever. Something will happen to change it all up again, and then people will post a new thread complaining about that, too :)

And so goes life in Harshlands server.

Kingdom was winning, so the whole server joined. Then They all decided to go to Zulu, so Zulu started winning, then the whole server joined. Then they decided to make Catalyst. Catalyst started winning, so the whole server joined. Yay for bandwagons taking the fun out of Harshlands TWs since 2009.
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kingdom was winning, so the whole server joined. Then They all decided to go to Zulu, so Zulu started winning, then the whole server joined. Then they decided to make Catalyst. Catalyst started winning, so the whole server joined. Yay for bandwagons taking the fun out of Harshlands TWs since 2009.

O.o there are only 70 people on this server b:shocked

Also Catalyst are not recruting atm b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hl/ - Harshlands45
    Hl/ - Harshlands45 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    O.o there are only 70 people on this server b:shocked

Oh PLEASE. It's going to end up happening eventually. TryAgain said it all.
    If you can't understand that, there's only one other way it can be explained...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/130556348692345.gif
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

...Perfect World and Pokemon....best TW description...ever.
    Now all I need is my pocket protector, my calculator, and my dungeons and dragons book....and we can start this party. b:cool
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Thats ****ing epic.
  • Fragil - Harshlands
    Fragil - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL

+1 to you it actually made me chuckle, thats a very nice animation.
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmfao great animation..tho 1 correction...crimson will never give up out off frustration even if we will lose all tw to catalyst
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Lol! Nice =D

Also Catalyst are not recruting atm
    Yeah you dont....
    captur13.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah you dont....
    captur13.gif

Read whats in the post about 1cm above that SS b:pleased

Also that animation is wicked xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I know, this software is very bad... but it does the job!! :P

yes, it says "we dont recruit".... but it's like that since a long time, even edited.

Btw:
    "Last edited by Barbapapa on Tue May 10, 2011 11:57 am; edited 4 times in total"

the last 12 applies got accept (or denied) yesterday ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wonder, how is Valhalla expected to compete when it's apparent that they are losing quite a few of their people to Catalyst?

I can understand Omerta members joining Cata, but then former Valhalla members like crucivo are too o.0

Its always blown my mind how many people instantly quit their own faction and without a second thought join the very faction that they've been fighting against for weeks, as if turning everything into a crystal walk would somehow make the game more fun.

Valhalla didn't even last 10 minutes last week. I highly doubt any amount of "learning" or "skill" is going to help them anymore.

In that sense I have a lot of respect for a faction like Mayhem, who manages to lose most of their lands and still retain all of their members and actually get better the following week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have nothing but respect for factions like Mayhem which regardless of the outcome of their TW's stay together, without a solid core of 40+ people who wont break up regardless of TW results you honestly cant compete in TWs against any of the larger guilds.

At this time there is about 3-4 factions on this server who have cores solid enough to maintain momentum even with no lands. (Crimson, Mayhem, Kylin, and possibly Afterlife), some smaller guilds have smaller core groups but they are simply small to be able to compete at the top level at this stage. (Guilds like CrimsonJr, etc solid enough to compete without lands but just not big enough to be able to take on the bigger guilds atm).
  • Choclatechip - Harshlands
    Choclatechip - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    HOLY sh.it why is this thread still going on...who da fac.k cares! Valhalla will lose...everybody will join catalyst bc everybody wants to be in the power house and history shall repeat it's self, where catalyst(Zulu) will take over the map and make the server dead because all the people that acually PvP will join one faction

GfackenGb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Choclatechip - Harshlands
    Choclatechip - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    s-h-i-t Blown Brah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    s-h-i-t Blown Brah!

You're kinda annoying, Brah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    (Guilds like CrimsonJr, etc solid enough to compete without lands but just not big enough to be able to take on the bigger guilds atm).

Michael....get an alt and join us, nao. b:angry
    All kidding aside though, HI\'s animation (I think his actual ingame name is HI\/) is legit as hell. It's a very accurate prediction. (What I find hilarious though is Curses's original post.

OMG VALHALLA WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!and one tw later...
    Nvrmind guys...Valhalla not gonna take the map now...but WE ARE! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!1111!!One!11!
    ...by the way you should try stopping us!

And then a few months later, they will wonder why TW has gotten boring.

I'm expecting Crimson to rise to the occassion......again....because nobody else is going to do it.....again....and everybody will troll on them....AGAIN....and then Over9k (I mean) Zulu (I mean) Catalyst will disband...again.....and they will make another faction and expect people to believe it's something entirely different.....

....AGAIN.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Q_Q
  • ChuckyNorris - Harshlands
    ChuckyNorris - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well, they say: rats usually leave the sinking ship first ...

So factions' temporary fall could also be a good moment to cleanse out of disloyal, dishonest, selfish, ignorant, lazy & similar people who just want to tag-along the stronger one for an easy win.

And, I agree, you have to respect factions such as Mayhem or Crimson or Kylin in that view. But if I'm Barbapapa or Curses - and I see that there's no faction on the server who could put up a decent fight - I would really stop recruiting and foremost: tell those guild hoppers to GTFO.

It's not like you really need people who would ditch you after first lost TW.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I know, this software is very bad... but it does the job!! :P

yes, it says "we dont recruit".... but it's like that since a long time, even edited.

Btw:
    "Last edited by Barbapapa on Tue May 10, 2011 11:57 am; edited 4 times in total"

the last 12 applies got accept (or denied) yesterday ;)

It was closed may 10 but when were those apps posted?:P
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It was closed may 10 but when were those apps posted?:P

Cley applied the 13 may
    Gerr the 11 may
    crucivio the 13 may
    tOaztYa the 14 may (lol)
    JanaJordan the 13 may
    KissMySpeIIs the 14 may

etc.
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't get the point of even mentioning that lol xD

Newsflash: Now we ACTUALLY have 80 players in the faction! Yeah this is awesome b:victory
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Ayrthian - Harshlands
    Ayrthian - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Newsflash: Now we ACTUALLY have 80 players in the faction! Yeah this is awesome b:victory

x26uyg.jpg
  • ChuckyNorris - Harshlands
    ChuckyNorris - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Catalyst might not be recruiting but is surely inviting; 9 people joined the faction since you wrote your message.

http://core.perfectworld.com/guild/members?guild_id=9-8096-pwi

b:laugh
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:shocked
    x26uyg.jpg

If you see that want to show everyone that has the title alt in our guild?(Assuming your pointing out the 148)

If your talking about the 68... You make it sound like everyone is online...
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It doesn't matter what sort of evidence is presented, I'm pretty sure someone will be there to refute it.

Fact is, Catalyst used to be special in that it was a relatively exclusive faction; that is no longer the case. Every guild has alts and bank storage chars, not just Catalyst. Hell like 1/3 of afterlife is alts. Now Catalyst is just the next guild that everyone bandwagons to, and very soon you will see that in the zerg/blind pew pew behavior of the world pvp'ers of the newest members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Gotta love all this attention where getting b:cool

I mean damn, there is the makings of a PW-Catalyst spin off game in http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/130556348692345.gif

Movie? TV series? Action figures?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Gotta love all this attention where getting b:cool

I mean damn, there is the makings of a PW-Catalyst spin off game in http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/130556348692345.gif

Movie? TV series? Action figures?!

You know, shockingly, I don't think they were trying to compliment OR flatter you...at all.

BS on your "not recruiting" advertisement. You already accepted KissMySpells from Valhalla. I literally watched him take out two of his former guildies yesterday without even hesitating.
    God, you've only won two TW's and they're ALREADY bandwagoning over to you.

WTB > Map resest in 5 months

Q_Q
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Loyalty? What's that?
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You know, shockingly, I don't think they were trying to compliment OR flatter you...at all.

All publicity is good publiclity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All publicity is good publiclity.

Like this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpqxSBclqWs&feature=player_embedded
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]