[Server Maintenance] 4-26-2011

Options

Comments

• Jcboycrook - Heavens Tear
    Jcboycrook - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im with the ppl that are saying fix the true form **** I mean why the hell is a panda changing into a tiger b:surrender
  • DeathlyTank - Harshlands
    DeathlyTank - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'd rather just see each form be able to go into it's respective beast mode, like, a wolf, or panda, instead of a white tiger for all.

That.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can't you just make the barbs to be somehow tamable. I would really like to tame one for a mount b:dirty
  • Slitt - Lost City
    Slitt - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How about instead of making a new animal for barbs, make his/her genders for barbs/venomancers?? Every other race/class has his/her genders, why not the untamed?

If not....i choose a donkey b:victory
  • Slitt - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    considering all the cash spent to get the damn tokens, pulling the medals out before some got to buy them does seem a bit unfair dont you think? without warning? really? if nothing else the people that are sitting on millions of useless chips should at least be taken care of. wether you feel it right or not, wether china feels its right or not having all the r9 floating around, at least let people finish the investment they started. besides once everyone has r9 then im sure we will see r10 and r11 come out. eventually were gonna need armor that prevents us from being 1 shot and make balance again anyway.

aww, poor cashshoppers, glad to see u all finnally get sc.rewed, like us non-cashshoppers have been getting for years!! u wanna see balance restored?? go play another game, because you'll NEVER see it here ever again. They make waaaay to much $$ on over powered chars/gears!! the game was soooo much more fun when we had to grind old school for our levels/gears....you, in a way have helped pwi break the game, by feeding the fire by cs'ing after all the c.rap u have seen pwi do/try to do.

When the economy in a game is broken = the game is broken, i've never seen an economy with such flux over the last 3 years.....INSANE it is!! and all you cashshoppers keep feeding into it...

What you all need to do, is refuse to spend another dime in the boutique until they FIX!!! the rubberbanding!!
    Step up and grow a pair...
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How about instead of making a new animal for barbs, make his/her genders for barbs/venomancers?? Every other race/class has his/her genders, why not the untamed?

If not....i choose a donkey b:victory

That hasn't been asked before....

The reason they are gender locked is because the Devs based those two classes on things which exist in Chinese mythology. The yao jing (what we know as Venomancer or WereFox) was inherently a female demon of a seductive nature. Since this game started in China and was based on the Chinese mythology, it is unlikely the Devs (who are in China) will change this for our pleasure.

To be blunt, it will not happen. Just go with what we have and if you have problems with playing a female character as a male or vice versa, the Untamed are not the race for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • imstone
    imstone Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How about True form turns us into a bm since fist barbs the only one worth playing!!!
  • Galeheart - Heavens Tear
    Galeheart - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Velociraptor, probably not spelled right, but eh, we have fish, and animals, why not reptiles, and on that note, maybe an eagle, No love for the Avians? D: Velocibarb, and uhm...Barbgle xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slitt - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That hasn't been asked before....

The reason they are gender locked is because the Devs based those two classes on things which exist in Chinese mythology. The yao jing (what we know as Venomancer or WereFox) was inherently a female demon of a seductive nature. Since this game started in China and was based on the Chinese mythology, it is unlikely the Devs (who are in China) will change this for our pleasure.

To be blunt, it will not happen. Just go with what we have and if you have problems with playing a female character as a male or vice versa, the Untamed are not the race for you.

just like in Chinese mythology, a wolf version of a werebeast transforms into a tiger eh??
    things can be changed.....

oh, and thx for all that useless feedback..

PLZ FIX THE RUBBERBANDING
  • firebabedude
    firebabedude Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Gorilla I win. As long as they can actually tank again I don't care.

^^ agreed <3
  • Canadienne - Lost City
    Canadienne - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Hmmm... A topic for thought for all of you...b:mischievous

And I would like to see a... Panther.

maybe a panther for a veno instead of a fox??
  • Odinsghost - Dreamweaver
    Odinsghost - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In my option who the hell cares what the hell it looks like. how about giving us barbs proper aggro controll skills and not worrie what a new 1 could look like.

why dont u guys try ajusting skills that would be relly nice for aggro controll against 2+ aps
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    a Grizzly Bear would be cool, new true forms would be cooler.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mmm i like the panther idea and also the cheetah or leopard, which would be the easiest to design since it already looks like the tiger form, just would have to recolor it.

although, i think tails for barbs would be way cooler than a whole new breed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    maybe a panther for a veno instead of a fox??

black panther for barbarian and white panther for venos. what about this idea :P
  • Odinsghost - Dreamweaver
    Odinsghost - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well u wonder where all the barbs went 2 correct they left and made diffwerent class not becuse what they look like becuse they cant do what they are supost 2 do. I have a sad story i was reminded elier why i dont really wanna play my barb anymore i had a 81 assisan take and hold aggro from me (mind u ima 102 barb) so in that aspect why would i want 2 play a barb if they cant hold aggro like it say in there decription.......
  • JennyBlazes - Harshlands
    JennyBlazes - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't know if this has been said... buttt... Instead of giving us another choice, how about make the true form what it is supposed to be and not a generic tiger.... just saying....b:chuckle
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A turtle or rhino would be sick as hell b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A turtle or rhino would be sick as hell b:victory

Imagine a turtle moving at speeds of a barb b:chuckle. How about whatever animal MonkeyShatter's avatar is? o.o

By the way, has anyone sniffed out the new patch yet?
  • Galeheart - Heavens Tear
    Galeheart - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • OonaVile - Sanctuary
    OonaVile - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Keep on dcing even though my net is fine -.-
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    We dont need a new model of barb. What we need is to have the hate value of flesh ream increased so barbs can once again do what they were built to do, TANK. Anything less than that from the developers is a slap in the face to everyone who has a barb.

i agree with foofookitty i made a blademaster because there are a warrior of all weapons except bow and magics one ofc, they are a DD class not a tank class but since the tideborne expansion in which anni packs came out and nirvana gear was born, it has changed to if a bm is any good they have to have high aps meaning blademasters are tanks now. Also assassins and archers have become tanks, assassins better than archers cuz archer are a wee bit squishy and cannot obtain the bloodpaint buff. No need to tweak any aps for as a DD user thats what we are meant to do deal heavy damage at certain speed fast or slow. please increase the aggro on flesh ream to maximum so barbs can tank once more instead of changing into a claw barb to keep aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • HM_Murdock - Harshlands
    HM_Murdock - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm all for a grizzly bear, that would be cool, but cooler still would be true form in our actual chosen animals and not just all a white tiger lols (not that white tigers aren't cool lols :P ). It would be totally awesome to be a panda in true form b:victory b:cool

oh yeah, and I forgot to agree with lots of others...barbs need to be able to hold argo and not just be used in pulling mobs lols, so if there ever is a change/fix, that should be priority. Even in my low lvl state, maxed flesh ream, weapon mastery, strength of the titans (to current lvl), poison fang, and a fairly decent TT70 weapon I can't keep agro even on a psy with black voodoo up...now, I'm still new at this, so maybe I'm doing something wrong (and making a fool of myself here O:) but I would think that spamming flesh ream should keep agro for me...b:surrender b:avoid

PS: a Big Foot barb would be cool too O: but first we have to make a trail of cheese burgers and trap Big Foot so that we could model the barbs after him, and if we do catch him, we can all split the $15 dollar reward b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now that's old school pro b:victory

Current classes and lvls :P
    Sin - 101, Veno - 100, Wiz - 85, BM - 76, Barb -82, Psy - 72, Cleric - 52
  • aceangel1
    aceangel1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    how long does server maintenance usually last for Perfect World?
    ^^ i am sorry, i am just a noob, i just started playing like an hour or 2 ago. I have no idea.
    this would be helpful if anyone could tell me, thank you.
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    there are ways to hold aggro barbs its just going to cost some hp to do it even then your still one hell of a tank still better than any other class in game some bosses are best for archer to tank because of aoe to the cleric but if barb is built right there better tanks any anything else just going to cost you some coins to do it b:victory
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    how bout a whole array of barb AND veno chars. cant leave out the venos either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Gralkon - Archosaur
    Gralkon - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

And I was wondering, if we were to create one more animal for Barbarians to be modeled after (as you know, we have the Wolf, Tiger, Lion, and Panda), which would you want us to create?

I would honestly as a wolf barb like to see me transform into what they are before you make a new one. Example a Wolf barb will transform into a giant wolf or a panda barb into a giant panda. I know this isn't what you were asking for, so if I would have to pick one I would say make a turtle barb.
    And if anyone would like to sketch up his or her suggestion, please feel free to post it in here!

Sorry I can barely use an etch-a-sketch b:surrender
  • _Cannabuds - Heavens Tear
    _Cannabuds - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A MonkeyShatter barb b:laugh

^This, also, a dinosaur. Maybe a T-Rex or a Raptor.

EDIT:
    how bout a whole array of barb AND veno chars. cant leave out the venos either.

^Would love a new cool veno, maybe a lion. Something with a tail. I love having a tail on my veno.
  • cachemaker
    cachemaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol 2 Hrs. Read the opening post.