Grade this game.

Options
_Petal_ - Harshlands
_Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Last week, I asked the forums what they would change if they could fix one thing in this game. The most common answers (of course) were the balance of classes, Attacks Per Second, bugs, and the addition of new and worthwhile instances.
^.^ So thank you for everybody who participated in last week's poll!

This week, there have been a lot of complaints about the game's management, as well as how it's being constructed....and even if it's worth spending money anymore. Instead of drawing conclusions, I'd like to ask you (And I will be editing this post to place some in game commentary from a few servers, if you would like to ask the same question and post ingame responses, by all means you're welcome to do so,)

On a traditional American School grading system (A-F, with A being the nearly flawless, and F being...fail, of course) how would you grade this game OVERALL?

Overall meaning just that: Overall. Think about the game in its entirety over the years, and grade how you feel.
They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
Q_Q
Post edited by _Petal_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Stalker__ - Archosaur
    Stalker__ - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I say this game started out B+, but through lack of care as let it fall to around C to C- and falling... But it still has possibility if the staff ever decide to focus a little less on the size of their wallets, and more on the people that fill 'em My vote: C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Candy?b:thanks
  • assassinsin101
    assassinsin101 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I put somewhere in da middle. It's between C and D for me. the management has gone downhill since the start of the fish and now its like they odn't care anymore about us they just want money money money. Then they go and use that money not to fix bugs but to made Forsaken World. **** poor management.

This game also has content that has nothing to do with storyline. its like this game doesn't even hardly recognize it. I'm sure half the players odnt know there even is one.

I really miss the old pwi. I would have given that an A+ any day of the week. b:surrender
    Assassins....twice the ****, but only sinners once. b:victory
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    C for me,

pros:
    huge playerbase, social playerbase
    active forum
    character customization
    many classes, many races
    new content
    many mounts
    pets
    decent events for high levels (5aps), the rest can suck on banana
    Edit: very important OPEN MAP <3

cons:
    decent graphic
    bad support
    supports only one CPU
    to many unfixed bugs
    dull combat (pve and pvp wise)
    borring quests
    lack of motivation pve wise
    horrible UI
    never seen in my entire game-life that expensive F2P game (50 bucks for a pixel-mount)
    ruined economy
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    game content is dead or broken
    Content- F

Cash shop giving end game gear
    Cash shop balance- D

PVP being dominated by sins, everyone else getting wtfpwned
    PVP- D

5 aps dominates
    game mechanics- F

management takes apathetic approach to player concerns
    management- F for ,l,, you

....i could go on but...

I'm just gonna say, a C. Just because I had very good times here and I still have fun playing my archer and chillin wit friends.
  • PinkyRose - Archosaur
    PinkyRose - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I gave them a flat out F.
    I'm not going to give PWI the satisfaction of thinking they have an average game.

They USED to have an above average game. They killed it themselves. They don't deserve a good grade at all.

PvE: F--Nothing to work for endgame...It's so boring I could puke.
    PvP: F--Assassins and 5aps rule. There's no balances
    Storyline: F-- Like Assassinsin said, I doubt people know there's one.
    Economy: F--and the sales DON'T make it better, but what do they care?
    Management: F--for Frankie and his **** poor "Community Management."
    Customer Support: F--4/5 times you send a ticket, they're automatic responses. The 5th time is the guy at the desk too lazy to answer being annoyed and responding when the little message thing on his computer goes "Ping" long enough to wake him from his nap.
    Repairs: F --there are bugs here older than the beta of the game.

Is this game interesting: A
    Is this game fun: A, because it was at one point
    Is this game worth spending money on anymore: F, because it's not.
    My Harshland main has funky lettering, so forums delete his posts. Now I post on my boredom toon from Archosaur.

98 Psychic (HL)~~_/\/\_
    93 WB (HT) ~~ x_RO/\R_x

I find your lack of intelligence disturbing, commander.... b:bye
    "It's L's half brother _/\/\_!" --Bitterroot, Harshlands xD
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I gave them a flat out F.
    I'm not going to give PWI the satisfaction of thinking they have an average game.

You talk as if they could be bothered to even come here and read what we have to say
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    First off, you mean the game itself, or the company that hosts the game? Ive played a pretty good amount of MMOs. Graphic and game play wise, I would rate it a A-B. this is the best game ive played graphic wise. so many customizations and beautiful areas, skills, effects, etc.

Company wise, Ill give a B-C. its average. They update very often. Like i said before, Ive played a pretty good bit of mmos. that means, ive played ones that were seriously abused in customer service, updates, and really any contact from the company to the players. PWI talks to us a lot. maybe not about things we ask about in open forum, but they let us know whats going on (most of the time) with problems, updates, etc. I have played games with better support and more informative update information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I put B. I play PWI for fun, not to be the best. I have fun, and the amazing customizations and large world keep me entertained. Not an A since the 2 recent expansions don't match well at all. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    serious question: anyone who thinks this game deserves an F, why do you continue to play a game you think sucks so much? because of friends? i dont think thats a good reason really, add them on MSN and move on to spending your time doing/playing something you enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I gave it a C, to be honest, I love this game. But despite me adoring it, well it has a lot of flaws, the support isn't the best. The economy is ****ed up. Classes are still unbalanced... But it's a good game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    For the last year and a half I would give it a D, but everything from the mis-management of PWI staff to the Genisis expansion not even delivering half of what it promised... they have earned an F from me.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    admit it GM, you gave it an A b:laugh
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    F because there are many areas of a online game that are not being taken care:

1: So far, all the online games I have played have had at some time "class balancing." Here we can only dream of it.

2. In all the games I have played many months after the game was released, there would be a huge patch to address all the bugs the game has. Here, it has been 3 years?

3. What you have to pay in this game to be playable and have fun is ridiculous when I compare to the $40~$60 I have expended on other games.

4. Finally, there is no communication between the developers and gamers. In any other game developers actually listen to what the gamers want.

P.S. To all the suckers that will say: "hey but this is a free game, so it's really good compared to other games where u pay monthly fees, blablabla" There are dozens of games where all you need is to buy a disk and u play online free for life. If u wouldn't expend even $30 for a good game, then lol.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A bif fat "F" from me for not taking any suggestion into consideration, relatively poor content etc, at lvl 100 ure so god damn bored there`s relatively nothing to do besides tw or make another **** character and start from scratch, they can`t deliver what they promise, expansion was made in a hurry with most of it missing as was planned, yet morons still give pwi their money, keep it up!
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So here's what Harshlands had to say about the Game:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/2011-04-2211-45-25.jpg

(And yes, haters...my fish is purple..and 90...and Sage.)

Mostly C and F answers...not very satisfied I'd say!

EDIT: After this, I asked Harshlands about another question--
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/2011-04-2211-54-04.jpg

And the responses were....hilarious.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/2011-04-2211-55-04.jpg

If you'd like, ask YOUR server what they think! After all, ingame opinions are just as important as out of game! Post your screenshots if you've asked the question in Horns/WC.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Q_Q
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Flat D

Reasons:
    1: About 2 yrs ago The game play was Great Everyone had a Shot to Gain the gear and all that was needed. Gold Prices where at the time around 150K to 225K Coin per, Then Along Comes Packs with Tokens and other goodies Gold Prices Skyrocket making those of us who can't or only Cash Shop once in a Great great Blue Moon have to work harder. This is where things started to go wrong. Before that Day I would have given it a B+ to A.

2: Finally get used to the Increased Gold prices and the overwhelmingly high prices in Cat shops for gear and other nice things then Comes the Sins and Pys. Along with it alot of Bugs that where not a dominant before that become extremely annoying aka Rubber banding, ever increasing lag etc etc. Further degradation of the game from the Packs effects start to re appear and forcing game economics to degrade even more by the reintroduction of packs. Thus making gear and other items even more expensive. Promises of Bug fixes where made and only a half hearted attempt accomplished Rubber Banding fixed in 2 or 3 Areas but still active. At this point a C+ to a B

3:More Pack added Sales every week become a Common thing Devide between Cash Shoppers and Non Cash shoppers Becomes major Issue at this point. The gap starts growing exponentially.More bugs become relevant Rubber banding returns and expands further into the Game coding, Issues with graphics aka Skin tones not showing up correctly unless you zoom in top of said character, fashion vanishing when in water making toon look naked or almost naked. Again attempts made to correct said issues but only half arsed. Devs and GM's Change the Report system of bugs "Making it streamlined and more efficient." Nice fix yet What about the Game bugs? Seems like this is where they started to hide from the community. D+ to C

Everything else from this point on Just compounded issues that where brewing and Building. Most of which are Ignored or just don;t give a damn.

Greed and New games to Expand the greed filled eyes are all what it is about. Also I have noted Forsaken world has had issues and the Community reports the bugs and they get fixed in a timely manner.... Makes you wonder where PW is starting to fit in
  • habeeb1908
    habeeb1908 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Really glad to hear this program.
    Can I say something about my wizard lvl 95.
    Wizard are DD, But to be able to kill the bosses super fast, we have to get aps sin.
    So should I play sin untill i got lvl 100 ? or is there any way for wizard to be able to give such damage?
    I agree that most of the people playing all kind of characters.
    But I am trying to use my wizard as good as possible but can't see any way. Wizard are not a real DD then, is it?
  • habeeb1908
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's not about wether I like the game or not but I've born in Perfect World as a Wizard, we have no choice, have to survive.
    But really sad against the damage of Seekers, Sins. So I think need to do something for those wizards. Need to be Fare.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Only thing to me that FAILS this game is tideborn.cuz the tideborn class ruined the fun of pvp.But its perfect for the chinese gold farmers that get payed to sit in a little room and farm gold all year long.Perfect for the devs hahahah.Thats why the class was made right?You make the mystic OP pet last only 20 secs but sin stealth can last forever? WTF!! i hate china!!b:angryb:angry
  • Misty_eve - Sanctuary
    Misty_eve - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My response will be in the form of a pros/cons list

Pros
    *multiplayer online
    *character customization (appearance)

Cons
    *Very little variation in quest objectives.
    *complete lack of overall goal in the game. What am I working towards? (simply getting to max level does not count. character advancement should not be the goal of the game, rather a means to achieve the goal of the game)
    *Although there is a story (I wouldn't know what it is) It is told through the quest text, which is terrible. If someone wanted to read a story, they would read a book. A game has the element of interactivity, which no other medium has. A game should strive to use that as much as possible to tell its story.
    *Of course, the many bugs.
    *character customization (game-play)
    *dominant strategies (5 aps for example)
    *A games duty is to entertain and empathize with the player. This game does neither. repetitive game-play feels like a chore. The way the game handles DCs does not empathize with the player.
    *No feeling of having influence over the game world, nothing changes.

The MMORPG genre has in my opinion the greatest potential out of all games types for player immersion, however MMOs at the moment aren't even 0.1% of the way there yet.

Overall: F
  • habeeb1908
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Again, I would like to say, the game is going crazy, it's not mean that I quit this game. As I said, once we borne we have no choice but have to survive.
    I don't care if there are lots of promotions, some time Herculie pet are about 150 m, n sometime they are about 50 m. And mystic are playing with their pets even better than veno with herculies. Aps sin r giving unbelievable damage but wizards.
    I am wizard level 95. And I've been playing only 2 years. And now I am start thinking, why I am wasting $$$ playing wizard, with which i can make an aps sin.
    I am start thinking, "oh no, I should have use all my money for SIN.
    So these kind of things can make players to be frustrated.

Please do something special for wizard. As aps SIN. And class balancing.
    Hmm That's how I understand about this game, and it's going crazy.

Sorry if anything wrong ,whatever I said.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's kind of hard to take threads like this seriously when the most popular vote is F, yet all those people that voted F play the game.

Let's face it, it's trendy to hate on the things you have and the situation you're in.

Personally? I guess I'd say a B+. B+ because I struggle to name a better F2P MMORPG, but at the same time this game, like any other, has it's flaws. If we didn't have 5 aps directly out of stealth and no r9, I'd bump it up. r9 I just find rather boring end game gear; Nirvana, everyone had unique add-ons, now everyone's the same...One of the things I liked about PWI is that they combined farming with the luck factor to make everyone unique and make those who managed to get zerk quite powerful and deadly.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Misty_eve - Sanctuary
    Misty_eve - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Being the shiniest piece of garbage on the garbage pile does not change the fact that is is still garbage.

The only reason I play is because I really want to play an online game in a persistent world, and this is the shiniest one.
  • habeeb1908
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just one question if there's any way for Wizard to give such damage as APS Sin?
    Coz these ApS things is really interesting. I really like that. The person who can farm, can get those. But how about wizard? I know it's good somewhere but mostly wizard are not popular anymore. So why am I using $$$ for my wizard?

I am not saying this game is not good, but this game is really a good world. Lots of good good program. But have to have Class balancing right. All must have some oportunity to become the most powerfull right.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Only thing to me that FAILS this game is tideborn.cuz the tideborn class ruined the fun of pvp.
    Whoa. Don't blame US for this ****. We're not the ones who designed the stealth skill. That doesn't mean I don't agree with you, but you need to take a chill pill.

b:quiet
    I voted C....Otherwise, it would have to be a high D. There's just things in this game I don't like at all.

Q_Q
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    D...

packs killed PvE content. why do all the dungeons when u can get it for easy money.
    lvling is way too easy

TB killed PcP content. i have never seen such an overpowered race in any other mmo be4.

TB needs NO skill in PvP all they need is some money to get to the point.
    and no other classes wont get even close with g16 gear + 12 everything to sins or psys.

economy i lol at that.

but i still enjoy this game. i like the stuff like cube or delta and tw. anyways that is all i like here. maybe i still like PvP without TB
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    putted it D.

would up it to C, IF they optimized the game engine to run on multi cores, and for newer graphic cards, so this **** graphics doesnt turn out so low fps.
    it's one of the big fun killers for me, to sit with low fps in **** graphic game lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Rivierra - Archosaur
    Rivierra - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Game in general - D

GMs concern about keeping their players happy - off the charts in a fvcking bad way.
  • _Equinox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Equinox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    To those of you pinning blame on the Tideborn, get the HELL OVER IT. They're here. They're staying. You b1tching about it just shows how pathetic you are, thinking it's all the fault of one broken concept.

QQ, TB R so OP! QQ! QQ! QQ! b:cry b:infuriated

Get the fook over it, for real. Whine about something that matters and stop being such a big pain in the @ss. Assassins need to be fixed entirely, but IMO I think the only problem with Psychics are the Soulforce bonuses they get...they need to be lessened.
    Otherwise, you are whining, moaning, groaning, and being annoying for no reason. If you're going to do that, there's plenty of other people who will listen to your crying, but it's not here. The section you're looking for is called the Lower Depths.

As far as my opinion on this game, it used to be a B+ if not an A game. It was the fact that the Developers no longer care about the customers. They make constant mistakes and ignore our pleas and pointing of the obvious flaws.

So now? You get an F. Drop out of school Perfect World Entertainment...after several games which you've bombed into the ground, including your FLAGSHIP ENTERPRIZE, you've flunked out of the gaming industry in my book.
    Time to go buy Final Fantasy XIV.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys, let's not get nasty about this? It's meant to gather opinions, not to flame one another. If you're not going to keep on topic and play nice, get lost.

Q_Q