Grade this game.

Comments

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    To ColdSnow (since I looked at the previous post):

PWI is not a P2P game, never was, and as management says never will be. So why put 'other?' Besides, it's how they felt the game could be financed so it remains free.

Evil people would say 'It's how the game is, take it or leave it'. You are not even forced to gamble, refine or manufacture. If you want things fast or the best things around, of course a little sacrifice is needed. And then you are not even obligated to make your credit card bleed a bit for your needs. That said, at the current gold rate... Ahem, oops, haha, not my business.

Sincerely, a mount for so much, you are entitled to choose or not if you want to buy it or other stuff in game, or instead save for things in real life, be them virtual or not. And things lose value as soon as they become too common, anyway.

As for P2P games, people fork out quite the pretty penny each month (unless it's a buy to play game, formula I like but I did not make the jump to it...yet, and I don't know if I ever will or not). Just for that, the makers have to be at the beck and call of customers... If that does not work, they either go F2P or simply shut down. They have to be absolutely perfect, no compromise allowed... but again, the community has to be clean too. I do believe the rules are stricter in there and all.

...among other things I can think about for now.

I never said PWI is P2P game.
    The reason why i compare PWI to p2p games, is actually obvious.

You said before in your thread that you are playing here for 2 years. Me as well, for us both it IS easier to get to money with high level chars.

But i brought friends here, from p2p games cause they wanted more interaction with other players and i suggested them pwi. It was the first and last time i ever did, because as a new player you have 0 chance to get to money now without high level help or alt.

1. noone does TTs anymore for money in random squads (rather solo it with 2 people)
    2. bh, winefee+ teleporting (40k+10k =50k) is actually so high to pay as they earn per DAY with quests.
    3. i see very very VEEERRYYY rarely on DW TT-squads for any low levels and if they join them, then they dont get any drops at all (or only poo that doesnt sell at all) cause 70% of the squad is lvl90+

There is no chance for low levels to get into the game and compete with older players, unless they spend some cash. So they check out the boutique and get scared away cause all they see is mount that they want, but cant afford cause it costs 50 bucks.
    Thats why pwi lacks new playerbase (starter sections are empty, mines are empty) and thats why 90% of the server is well known on their mains and alts.

So if a new player has no chance to enter the "market", he spends cash. most likely 50 bucks per month, just to keep up with players like us.
    Thats 3 month-payment for p2p game, thats why the comparison has its value. On a p2p the new playerbase has a chance to enter the market (there is no boutque, beside to change server or name), hard work counts for all players, they are all equal, on pwi it doesnt...buy some zen and you might "have a chance" (sarcastic note to gamble).

@Sarrafeline
    No, i did try other games and never got into huge playerbase (EU-Servers are dead). If you mean Wo* i didnt like it much due some people i knew in real life.
    I tried other p2p games and it was way easier for me to handle the economic than on pwi. There i could survive as well without merchanting, unless i wanted something to buy from others.

Here you need alot of money to make alot of money. I seen people merchanting 24/7 without even playing the game...its probably their understanding of "fun". But its not mine...all things i do for fun, doesnt make me rich in this game..thats not how it suppose to work.
    I like to do quests, i like to play, i like to help, i like to work in squads and unfortunatly all this doesnt bring you any money, especially if you just started to play this game.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I gave it a D, simply because there are worse games out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011

You said before in your thread that you are playing here for 2 years. Me as well, for us both it IS easier to get to money with high level chars.

But i brought friends here, from p2p games cause they wanted more interaction with other players and i suggested them pwi. It was the first and last time i ever did, because as a new player you have 0 chance to get to money now without high level help or alt.

1. noone does TTs anymore for money in random squads (rather solo it with 2 people)
    2. bh, winefee+ teleporting (40k+10k =50k) is actually so high to pay as they earn per DAY with quests.
    3. i see very very VEEERRYYY rarely on DW TT-squads for any low levels and if they join them, then they dont get at all any drops cause 70% of the squad is lvl90+

There is no chance for low levels to get into the game and compete with older players, unless they spend some cash. So they check out the boutique and get scared away cause all they see is mount that they want, but cant afford cause it costs 50 bucks.
    Thats why pwi lacks new playerbase and thats why 90% of the server is well known on their mains and alt.

So if a new player has no chance to enter the "market", he spends cash. most likely 50 bucks per month, just to keep up with players like us.
    Thats 3 month-payment for p2p game, thats why the comparison has its value. On a p2p the new playerbase has a chance to enter the market (there is no boutque, beside to change server or name), hard work counts for all players, on pwi it doesnt...buy some zen and you might "have a chance" (sarcastic not to gamble).

@Sarrafeline
    No, i did try other games and never got into huge playerbase. If you mean Wo* i didnt like much due some people i knew it real life.
    I tried other p2p games and it was way easier for me to handle the economic than on pwi. There i could survive as well without Merching.

Here you need alot of money to make alot of money. I seen people merching 24/7 without even playing the game...its probably their understanding of "fun". But its not mine...
    I like to do quests, i like to play, i like to help, i like to work in squads and unfortunatly all this doesnt bring you any money, especially if you just started to play this game.

Thanks for responding. I will try to give you a proper point by point reply.

It is easier to get bigger amounts of coins as high level characters, sure indeed, but again, these days I am only saving the earnings I make. I only buy items that can be useful and at a decent cost (great equips under 50k, unless they are really nice TT pieces... But again, I have not bought stuff like that for a long while).

What about 2nd (or 3rd/whatever other else) hand boutique items? I am not a customer of that kind of item anymore, given the crazy rates people have put, agreed upon, and glee over (may they remain in their catshops for all eternity, hahaha!! Ahem).
    Aeros for my Tideborn and Earthguards? Guess I will have to do with basic ones. I am so glad I could buy tomes for a fair price and that I could obtain many things when I joined and that they were still affordable back then (cages, 2.0 speed aeros, extension stones, you named it, you had it).
    The last extremely big purchase I did was the account stash stone for my alt account, when it was on sale.
    These days, I am just looking at shops, shake my head and laugh and go back to grinding/questing/harvesting.

You are also right in that if I was a newbie in PWI, I'd be quite crushed to see inflation results everywhere. But as a veteran, it's even worse when you picture that it went from pleasant easy boutique recycling rate to some impossible-fueled-by-greed one.
    The chance of making coin is absolutely not zero (I could make a few millions via smart grinding/harvesting/express merchanting -as in buying from a shop and selling to another who has a better rate-), but what can you indirectly afford from boutique (the costlier, durable items like mounts and aeros among others, and even gambling is luxury now) with what you gained? About zero, indeed.

As for the rest, I don't do wine runs, I go solo and all. Of course I make few, but I am fine with it. Even if I gained more, I would not be able to get anything worthy anymore. I learned to accept that fact. Even more because I don't aim for competition.

This is narrowed down to people getting enticed, or rather being more or less shoved towards the 'Hey, why don't you use your credit card to get what you want?', which again is optional. Even buying gold from coins is a severely limited path, even if you merchant.
    And I guess it is the route management wants gamers to go, since it does finance the game and makes it remain free. Funny is it not? Quite sad too, actually.

and as you said to the other, you can make quite the coin if you make a computer turn just for this all day and have a good merchanting sense. But again, good luck for the network and electricity bill. And like you, I'd rather enjoy the game like I intend it to be, as an active PWI gamer (even if I am less present nowadays).
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I didnt spend coins in this game for almost 2 years so i consider myself as f2p if noone minds. I stopped investing any money in charms when the packs came out and i saw 13 years old kids spending 2k bucks on it and get NOTHING. it would be more profitable for everyone to make a fix price without gambling.
    So for me its same as for you. I have 3k HP and i have tt80 gold (back then it was more usefull than now, since you leveld like once a a week if not more), i m on pve server and noone ever said i m a bad cleric/veno/barb. I never pay attanetion to other peoples gear, but find it amusing that other people make fun of mine, underestimating me.
    I survive Delta, SoT, Abba and all TT3-x even in bad squads, so i do think same as you, practical, why should i get a better gear? so i have a easy gameplay? I'm sorry but without obstacles this game is worth b:fatb, and without community even. The playerbase defently changed, it got more greedy. They all want the best gear, the best mount, the most money, like they cant surivive in game without it.
    As you can solo your instances, so can i on my Veno. But i think about new players and to be honest i dont see that many of them at all. And those i see, have real pressure to compete with "us" high levels.

In long term i dont see this game envelope at all, cause it envelopes only in game content with their expansions, but not with the communication with the playerbase.

They want us to adjust to the game...but actually it should be other way around.
    If new players have problems to get into market without spending real money...then DO SOMETHING against it, otherwise this game will be dead soon.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    I didnt spend coins in this game for almost 2 years so i consider myself as f2p if noone minds. I stopped investing any money in charms when the packs came out and i saw 13 years old kids spending 2k bucks on it and get NOTHING. it would be more profitable for everyone to make a fix price without gambling.
    So for me its same as for you. I have 3k HP and i have tt80 gold (back then it was more usefull than now, since you leveld like once a a week if not more), i m on pve server and noone ever said i m a bad cleric/veno/barb. I never pay attanetion to other peoples gear, but find it amusing that other people make fun of mine, underestimating me.
    I survive Delta, SoT, Abba and all TT3-x even in bad squads, so i do think same as you, practical, why should i get a better gear? so i have a easy gameplay? I'm sorry but without obstacles this game is worth b:fatb, and without community even. The playerbase defently changed, it got more greedy. They all want the best gear, the best mount, the most money, like they cant surivive in game without it.
    As you can solo your instances, so can i on my Veno. But i think about new players and to be honest i dont see that many of them at all. And those i see, have real pressure to compete with "us" high levels.

In long term i dont see this game envelope at all, cause it envelopes only in game content with their expansions, but not with the communication with the playerbase.

They want us to adjust to the game...but actually it should be other way around.
    If new players have problems to get into market without spending real money...then DO SOMETHING against it, otherwise this game will be dead soon.

I am a 'why don't you guys look at actual game experience' advocate. Levels and gears mean nothing nowadays (I am sorry to put legitimate veterans in the same bag, but there is no way to differentiate... Wait, if the veterans are still there. Maybe they just left out of disgust. I hope they are happy no matter what choice they made).

I then differentiated the playerbase into a few categories:

- The first generation, who were into open beta or just after and had to contend with the real deal. Lots of bugs, bots everywhere and not so many quests; I respect them for whatever mess they went through

- The second generation, with the game being more or less established, F2P content, but still with few to do with, even if there were lots to do at the same time. Affordable indirect boutique prices (gold at 100-200k), very little selection. I came around just before the genies era arrived.

- The third generation, with lots of quests (the silly dailies among others), more instances, tons of mounts, but more interestingly new races and classes... and then... mass gambling, sales, tons of it. Gold price getting insane and lazy greedy gamers (with still no cap raise). And people are now invited to act like this with the powerleveling hype. After that, QQing, fail bragging, flaming, ragequitting for about everything (rhyme included)... Sheesh. Who the heck wanted this to be the norm? Oh wait, I shrug at it.

And trust me, with all those factors, true newbies are not so much around, hence yours truly wondering if the Facebook event will ever attract new blood. Alts of old wandering souls of PWI gamers, probably.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the battle system is responsive and intuitive.

No, just... No.

Oh you were REALLY close. If you want to compare this to a P2P game you might want to meet world2. Yes, the P2P version of Perfect World. No fish, no three-eyed humans, old map, old stuff with new items, same engine, one or two new skills for the original classes. ...yeap.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    No, just... No.

Oh you were REALLY close. If you want to compare this to a P2P game you might want to meet world2. Yes, the P2P version of Perfect World. No fish, no three-eyed humans, old map, old stuff with new items, same engine, one or two new skills for the original classes. ...yeap.

Please note: This is not sarcasm or flamebait. Thanks

Ah, but if you lag and get sent backwards via magical knockback (hey, we were not told that mobs had this feature!), yeah, it would not be responsive at all. And each time I press on a button, my character does use an attack or some spell. The minimum requirements are met.
    I did not say it was flawless. I just said that it was nice not suffering from lag all the time.
    There is the issue of rubberbanding, yes, I know, this makes me QQ too. But if it's slowly corrected by management, if what others said is true, well, I am happier even.
    Oh wait. I do play in lowest settings, so my battles go nicely.

And I also like the fact that mobs can have some special builds (weak, magic def+, etc.) and that they can use a few other things than 'spam magic' or 'spam normal attacks' (maybe not these darned sewer archer rats, but oh well). A nice touch, is it not.

I'd hate playing a blocky, tired game. This is what I meant. It was absolutely no word for praise or anything coming from me, when discussing about that point. Okay, let's say it is fairly playable... and if it is not, please tell me why you disagree.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My previous post pretty much explains it and why, from my perspective. And about the blocky, tired game... Yeah, I also hate Minecraft as well. b:lipcurl
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    My previous post pretty much explains it and why, from my perspective. And about the blocky, tired game... Yeah, I also hate Minecraft as well. b:lipcurl

Your previous post. Okay, I am looking at it now.
    And lol, minecraft. nice one.

Ah yes, I have to say I am a mindless button spammer (except when it precisely comes to my archer or wizard where I have to have a more elaborate strategy or I'd eat dirt a thousand times. Doing great as 'em), but that I like to plan tactics in terms of approaching monsters be it distance or if they got a special build, be sure of the respawn rate (to avoid ganks) and all that nonsense (I don't rely on heavy potion-gulping or charms, I'm that cheapo).

As for the MMO quest insanity, it's the same for about all of them. I still wonder if there could be absolutely innovative ways of questing besides harvesting, delivering or massive monster massacre as numbers or for precious materials ('I told you to delicately destroy that Scarletnob Diplopod -that I affectionately dub 'Scarletnoob', btw- to take its eggs as a gift to some shady dude, but you completely crushed it, so the eggs are totally ruined! Try again, geez!')
    Yup, to not end insane, I create such scenari in my head. I am good for the cuckoo house.
    But seriously, quests are good when you don't chain them and do it at once. But once again, it is overall taxing to be a hero.

I silenced the game because of this annoying Archosaur 'Hah-hoh' thing, the theme was stuck in my head for a while. Otherwise, yeah, the Asian feeling via music is enjoyable for yours truly, in small doses.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I gave a C.

There are a lot of aspects I really like. The character customization is really nice. Overall the game itself is good imo. I don't like to be forced to do something particular, and in pwi I can log on and just do an instance or w/e I feel like doing. There is a huge playerbase, and rather social. Regular new content, even if not always the best.

However, there are a lot of things that went downhill. Classes need an important rebalancing and the cashshop orientated management is getting annoying. Actually it's not just the classes that need rebalancing, but entire game. Todays gear average makes most bosses a joke (LA classes tanking pretty much anything) and makes pvp/duels silly (whoever hits first wins, cause everyone can 1-hit everyone). But well, would everyone really like that? I know many say they want, but they also QQ like mad when a bos is turned "difficult" (TT3-x changes, we all saw the QQ). I know I would like things to be turned a bit more difficult again, with specific tank classes, and me as sin actually needing to watch aggro instead of just soloing. I miss that from the old days. Now it's just "pm your aps", no real challenge.
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Somewhere in the middle fits the best, I suppose. This game is pure evil. It sucks your time and makes you want to waste your money. Unless you are vigilant it traps you in and kills your will power.
    To all those who vote F, I think you just prove my point. I've played some pretty crappy games, games I rated an F. I don't have those games anymore. I don't visit forums for those games. I don't associate with those games at all. Yet, here you guys are; sucked in and trapped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    To the person (still) spamming alts to vote on A (and now on B as well) stop.
    I checked again, and I checked everybody who voted to see if I was directed to the same Core Page.

If you don't quit biasing my poll, a forum Moderator will be informed.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    To the person (still) spamming alts to vote on A (and now on B as well) stop.
    I checked again, and I checked everybody who voted to see if I was directed to the same Core Page.

If you don't quit biasing my poll, a forum Moderator will be informed.

LOL i knew it!
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't get it... Obviously PWI is doing SOMETHING right, cause these people I see voting F's still log in almost everyday and play. If it's that bad, why not leave?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't get it... Obviously PWI is doing SOMETHING right, cause these people I see voting F's still log in almost everyday and play. If it's that bad, why not leave?
    Lol ikr?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So, I asked another game I've been playing for a while the same question as you all....and got some slightly different responses.

A3riaGames Wrote:
    There seems to be a trend in games that are being shared within several countries of not QUITE knowing what the hell is going on.

I will try to ask Run3scape next if I can, as well as Squ@reEnix, Art1xEntertainment, Bl1zzard (I can't wait to see that one,) Luc@sarts, and Gp0tato.

EDIT: I can no longer ask SquareEnix for their opinion, since it seems like recently things have shut down due to the Earthquake/Tsunami/Radiation going on there. I don't blame them...it *IS* a natural disaster.

EDIT 2: Can't ask Blizzard (I'm deeply disappointed) either. Seems that you actually have to purchase the game to even post on their forums....and I thought PWE was evil.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • ExodusKnight - Archosaur
    ExodusKnight - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011

+1 b:thanks
  • MizukiMinoru - Sanctuary
    MizukiMinoru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I give this game somewhere between an A and a B.

I'm not oblivious to the problems. This game started out a trillion times better than how it is now. It's become highly cash shop based, classes are unbalanced and the new races are simply copies of the original classes with steroids. Bugs have yet to be fixed. Customer service is the equivalent of ****. Management doesn't seem to care for anything but the money. There needs to be new and better content added.

But yet, I still find myself logging in often.

I like the graphics, customization, the ability to fix your character according to your play style. The social community, for the most part, is a big plus.

I don't play this game to win, but simply because I like playing.

If you really think about it, you can't blame PWE for making it heavily cash shopped based. If you ran a company you would want as much money as possible, right? Another person's happiness in a game becomes insignificant in the face of money and your own happiness. PWE simply saw ways to make money,went for the chance, and succeeded. [I can see people replying to flame me already for saying this.]

Anyway, getting back to my opinion... If you think about it, you don't really need to used any cash shop. Sure it makes things easier, but why not make it on your own with time and patience instead? [Which people lack too much of, unfortunately.] People are far too concerned about "winning" and thus they turn to cash shopping themselves in order to try to beat others.

All in all, although there are many flaws in PWI, something still keeps me coming back. And that, to me, earns it an A/B.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy credits to Forsaken~
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I gave it a C.

Gameplay: The game is actually really good for other comparable MMORPGs I've played. The only one I've ever played where I enjoyed the gameplay more was Ace(which became redundant fast). I've done the end game **** to death, and honestly it does get dull, So I've been questing and doing low level instances again; creating a challenge for myself. The only glitch in gameplay I've ever seen, is two instances that are poorly designed, Nirvana and the new FCC. This game has a lot of potential, if they would listen to their playerbase. Regrettably the majority of them are grumpy old codgers who feel jaded over every single little change. In thus, changing the gameplay from fun and enjoyable, to damningly frantic and a constant mud-slinging and putrid sentiment.

Graphics: Set on full, this game is absolutley stunning. All of the starter cities are very well designed, Loth/ganon, and the majority of the instances are absolutely dynamic. It's very easy to get lost in the game when the graphics are set on high, and even moreso to be able to enjoy it.

Community and customer service: Pwe has done little to help supplement their community and keep their player base happy, as opposed to addicted. The two biggest boons they deliver for every player are Jones blessings, and x 2 events. There used to be huge events that took place on the servers, there were little notations that every player recieved. The game in its Virginal stage was great fun, The GM's were involved, it was enjoyable; and then they started taking things away. Every end game player you meet is angry, vile or pessimistic over the game, because of one thing or another.
    "Barbs have no place in end game."
    "Wizards are a useless class."
    "Venos are a waste."
    "Sin's are overpowered(most common still even after a year)"

Regrettably however addiction pays better than happy clientele.

All of this leads to impatient players who want it now now now now now now now.

As much as they try, it never seems to show that they really do try at all. They set up sales, that they know will upset the playerbase, probably with the afterthought, "at this point everyone's upset anyway, so why not deliver one more hit?" Pwe's community needs to recover.
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Gave it a B.. Good for the most part, but the fact that it has an "end game" makes it sorta pointless after lvl 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
    We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
    Which would you prefer?
    b:sin
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I voted A, and I'm nor an alt spamming. I've been playing for over 2 years on the same server. And I really give it a A. Last year, I wanted to quit, I tried dozens of other mmos and all of them, I got bored after two days. In PWI, it's been over 2 years I can't get bored and I'm so addcited I've been playing about 12h-16h everyday... Whatever happens with sales, QQers, OPness and all that ****, it doesn't prevent me from playing the classes I love. I love the game for what it is, not for what ppl are doing with it.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    I voted A, and I'm nor an alt spamming. I've been playing for over 2 years on the same server. And I really give it a A. Last year, I wanted to quit, I tried dozens of other mmos and all of them, I got bored after two days. In PWI, it's been over 2 years I can't get bored and I'm so addcited I've been playing about 12h-16h everyday... Whatever happens with sales, QQers, OPness and all that ****, it doesn't prevent me from playing the classes I love. I love the game for what it is, not for what ppl are doing with it.

*Approved* I don't see why people feel worthless because they are not following what certain groups (that claim they are the best around) dictate as 'OP', stuff like R9, +12, massive pack gambling, -int (punch faster, yo) and so on. A MMO should be about freedom first, performance being secondary.
    Of course, when it would come to a RTS or FPS, the only point would be competition... with I guess a bigger presence of griefing, raging and exclusion.

Anyway, like you, I love the game for its richness and freedom of action (the only limits would be rules, but hey, gotta have a solid ground everywhere) and I don't regret it.
  • JohnnysAss - Sanctuary
    JohnnysAss - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Poll is a joke anyway, too many low levels voting. If you're not 100 you don't know the game well enough to vote on it. What i've seen in this thread/poll is ppl from 8 to 90 love it and most of the c's to f's came from 90+ not to mention alot of the a's and b's came from the same person and on a side note 12 to 16 hours everyday ummm that's a heartattack waiting to happen b:shocked
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Poll is a joke anyway, too many low levels voting. If you're not 100 you don't know the game well enough to vote on it. What i've seen in this thread/poll is ppl from 8 to 90 love it and most of the c's to f's came from 90+ not to mention alot of the a's and b's came from the same person and on a side note 12 to 16 hours everyday ummm that's a heartattack waiting to happen b:shocked

Pwi doesnt begin at end game
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011

You could also interpret it the following way:

lv 100 people voted F because they are frustrated with the game and have barely anything new to contend with (of course the expansion is not enough for them). I'd understand that cap raise did not happen for a long long while and after paying so much there is a feeling of void (hey, that's gambling for you... and then, even if you reach the best, costliest pieces of equipment ever... *shrug*)... Well... I don't know about that, and levels mean nothing these days.

I'd even dare say that reaching the ceiling makes you bored to hell as a result after all.
  • JohnnysAss - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Pwi doesnt begin at end game
    ummm no it does'nt but how can u grade a game an a or b without getting to endgame was kinda my point
  • JohnnysAss - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    You could also interpret it the following way:

lv 100 people voted F because they are frustrated with the game and have barely anything new to contend with (of course the expansion is not enough for them). I'd understand that cap raise did not happen for a long long while and after paying so much there is a feeling of void (hey, that's gambling for you... and then, even if you reach the best, costliest pieces of equipment ever... *shrug*)... Well... I don't know about that, and levels mean nothing these days.

I'd even dare say that reaching the ceiling makes you bored to hell as a result after all.

correct stay under 90 and the game is an a or b i guess
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    ummm no it does'nt but how can u grade a game an a or b without getting to endgame was kinda my point

Because contrary to my level I've been playing for 2 years. Its easier to grade an A or B, without endgame because pwi lacks any substantial end game content. If you rush yourself to end game content, you simply are shooting yourself in the foot by cancelling out what you could be doing. There is a great amount of game content available if you know what to look for, and by running to end game (which is the end of the game) what's the point of playing, is kinda my point.
  • JohnnysAss - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Because contrary to my level I've been playing for 2 years. Its easier to grade an A or B, without endgame because pwi lacks any substantial end game content. If you rush yourself to end game content, you simply are shooting yourself in the foot by cancelling out what you could be doing. There is a great amount of game content available if you know what to look for, and by running to end game (which is the end of the game) what's the point of playing, is kinda my point.

I think we're saying the same thing, it's just that endgame in an mmorpg is'nt supposed to be like endgame of mario where you reach the end and thats it b:bye gameover buy mario 2 coming soon.
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I think we're saying the same thing, it's just that endgame in an mmorpg is'nt supposed to be like endgame of mario where you reach the end and thats it b:bye gameover buy mario 2 coming soon.

your point was that you cant accurately grade the game without being an end gamer. My point was you can grade the game by playing through its content. While they both sound similar, they're both dramatically different