Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• XX_Vol_Xx - Heavens Tear
    XX_Vol_Xx - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just put them in Boutique.... i want my damn rank 9 already
  • Endofdark - Lost City
    Endofdark - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    thing about dragon point is kinda smart but were not stupid. Only good thing about the points was to get medal, no 1 needs anything else that was on the list except maybe pigments. Why does everything from dq have to be bound, so people started selling dq items for coins so they can get it themsleves and that gave me coins. Dragon points is a lot like the chest of coins, a major rip off when you can get it cheaper selling the dq items you accquired for like 10-18k. A lot more people would hand in dq if they got exp, spirit, or coins without having a crazy amount of dq points worth
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why is there a chip sale if medals are just about impossible to obtain? Seriously. GG

why didnt you think of the imbalance BEFORE these items were put in the dq page? do you not have QC where people test for bugs and glitches?

Now theres a ton of ppl running around who abused the system with full rank 9, while others who were farming for them solo are S.O.L.

having 1 medal a week released into the population is going to make it nearly impossible for anyone to obtain full rank9 now. It is really making me wonder if this was some sort of really crappy marketing scheme where in a few weeks these medals will be in the cash shop and those who are close will have no other choice but use the cs to obtain rank.

you now have this high echelon of people where no one else will ever be able to reach that status because of this removal of the medals.

why does this company alienate its player base every few months? it is like you want us to leave.

as for this "uber rare" item going to dq page... i dont want or need another **** all class pet or fashion. that isnt going to make me a viable player against a guild with many rank9's.
    b:bye
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    +12 orb for DQ page? I think so. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XxLaNeeXx - Heavens Tear
    XxLaNeeXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think that the problem with the medal was handle the only way it could be handled, it take man hours and money to redesign a program to stop ppls from hacking it, so don't blame the gm's or dev's look at for what it is it take other to get us there eventually that will cause them to take much more away so put the blame where it belong with greedy selfish ppl playing in game
  • Rillman - Dreamweaver
    Rillman - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yes take effort to fix a bug , but this game takes in ton's and ton's of cash also fixing the glitch is easy enough make item non stackable .... done ... wow that was easy . or make new item w/ same name and npc effect so 2 stacks can't merge...... slightly more work but not much a few lines in gen summers quest options and copy paste code for normal medals for non tradeable medals and change the id on them and tada no stack no bug . if the notrade and the trades cant stack no problem.... realy .. this is a no brainer.

but the glitch is not and never was the issue .

the issue was there are too many medals out there ..... well what u expect w/ all the gen summers sales? ofc ppl would go r9 if they could afford the chips . alot of ppl quit game w/ the rep sale's started now those who stayed and have been working on it slowly instead of a fell CS swoop can never get there ....... or atleast no time soon (6months prolly w/ possible new option or years w/ TW only and then only if realy lucky or in super-faction of already r9 ppl)

Having the rep sale in the 1st place was a mistake but they already made that mistake..... 2 late to be going back on it the Damage is and has been done. taking them out fixed nothing just takes away balance in the game .. great job realizing your mistake months 2late......................
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Guys....relax my friends.
    True i already got my full r9 set, but my wife has not...and i feel you guys fustration.
    HOWEVER...keep in mind...this rep and chip sale is a month long, and medals being unattainable is just BAD FOR BUISNESS jack! Who gonna buy the chips and reps when ya can't get the medals right?

So just relax, i am 100% sure, they WILL bring the medals back, be it dq(UNLIKELY) or cash shop (most probably)
    Either way, they WILL be back and they have 3 weeks more to bring it back...heck i bet next maintainance we will see them back already.

So don't rage, don't do spur of the moment angry decisions...just relax untill AT LEAST AFTER next maintainance.

Hang in there. Good luck all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Endofdark - Lost City
    Endofdark - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    some 1 had a good idea, the dragon point system to help people out. While that idea got processed some 1 said no, give them nothing good...and then some 1 said if theres nothing good they dont need it. Ok so let them have a medal but nothing else good. Thats how the dragon point system got made i guess
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW.

Yeah.... "the sheer number of Medals being sent on the servers"... then you put them in boutique and what you get? milions and thousands of medals 'being sent on the servers'

It's perfectly clear that all this stuff is for PWE's money income, not bc there were getting too many medals and rank-9s in-game...
    If you didn't want that many number of Medals on the servers, you just should:
    1. NEVER sell Medals through CS, since when you put it on CS a lot of buyers will get them.
    2. Increase the price of Dragon Points to get 1 medal, so people will stop buying Medals since they are too expensive, or will buy the same ammount of Medals with a greater time interval.
    And i think this is the first thing you get on your head if you think about it for just 10 seconds. But "nah, let's take 'em out of DQP so we can sell them on boutique whenever we want".

I still don't see a reasonable issue to take Medals out... The other you give was tradeable/untradeable glitch -> DQs are tradeable => (implies) DQPoints are tradeable indirectly => (implies) Any item inside DQPoints list is tradeable.

note: i'm not rank9 [don't even have the rep for it] and i don't want it, i think it's too expensive [and not -int gear <.<]. And i never bought any medal through DQ [haven't got enough points, and want to earn for 50 event gold] nor CS [not interested].
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Update (4-8-2011)

Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

So it's totally okay with you that the people who bought the medals earlier got their gear much easier/are super rich now because they are selling them at 30M each? I think more people care about how to get the medals now than what they can buy from the DQ shop in particular.

You can always put it in the event boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

I know that the devs do the code, but haven't previous changed made to the market that were based on the Chinese version, such as the DQ nerf and the mirage TW pay, have been proven to not work at all in our version? The mirage pay was reverted and the DQ nerf resulted in the Dragon Point system.

Also, changing the availability of Medals of Glory makes more people angry than happy:
    Normal people who grinded DQs now have to NPC them because no one is buying them
    People who were going for R9 now have given up on it because of the difficulty of getting the Medals
    People who stocked up on the medals and were selling them are now making insane profits
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • unaro
    unaro Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Grinded hours for the medals... not to sell them but to get R9. Charged Zen, waiting for a general summers sale... and when I get all the chips gold, wrecklessly purchased before the medals, I'm heading to the DP's page and found out they are gone! What a rush! Freaking awsome! I got thousands of gold only for GM's fun. Crazy hum? Got my Lunar Cape and the Warsoul of Heaven bound so, even if I go Nirvana now, those two items are wasted... I really considered quitting the game... but anyway, who lost? Me and the other 2 friends grinding the **** out of mobs for dragon points to get medals for R9? or the GM's that lost 3 cash shoppers of full R9? I can't get R9 now... nor those 2 person will. No more zen charged. I will get the game for the game now, and the fun is back.

*I will toss a nickle between 2 GM's and watch them fight to the death*

P.s - forgot to mention that *...get all the chips gold, FOR THE TRAUMA RING...* thats more accurate.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I know that the devs do the code, but haven't previous changed made to the market that were based on the Chinese version, such as the DQ nerf and the mirage TW pay, have been proven to not work at all in our version? The mirage pay was reverted and the DQ nerf resulted in the Dragon Point system.

Also, changing the availability of Medals of Glory makes more people angry than happy:
    Normal people who grinded DQs now have to NPC them because no one is buying them
    People who were going for R9 now have given up on it because of the difficulty of getting the Medals
    People who stocked up on the medals and were selling them are now making insane profits

Tell that to the devs. It is lazy thinking to just copy-paste every idea China has over to this one, but that's what they do. That's what ALL asian MMO's do, simply because it's cheaper, requires less work and provides reasonably successful results. Getting them to listen would require a decent argument: the two examples you gave probably got response because we were able to show that, unlike China's economy, ours is not in dire need of coin sinks.

But medals of glory? It seems obvious that r9 was INTENDED to be exclusive. Very exclusive. We're talking one medal tossed on the server a week; that would mean it'd take about 5 months for ONE PERSON to obtain full r9 under normal circumstances. I'm willing to bet the r9 sale (medals included) on our server did not occur on the Chinese one and as we already know, China doesn't have a DQ point system. What does this mean? The Chinese server has....maybe two full r9 players. Us? We've got over a hundred. So yeah, of course they're freaking out and I'm sure we stand no chance of seeing those given out so liberally again.

Having said that, I don't think it's such a bad move if r9 becomes super exclusive. The only issues I see are A) a bunch of people who farmed like mad in hopes of making decent coin just got royally screwed over and B) as it is now, we have a weird balance of r9. It's not exactly "exclusive," nor is it incredibly easy to obtain. This leaves people in a weird position where it's very likely to go try and PVP only to get the **** kicked out of them by a r9 player, yet they themselves are almost completely incapable of getting that same gear, no matter how much they spend or how much they farm. Kinda frustrating.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I got up to post 34 and said eff it ill just post a reply, so sorry if this has already been said.

Why is there so much rage about an EASILY OBTAINABLE and GLITCHABLE item being removed when rank is supposed to be HARD to get on these servers ie: not private servers.

Just like warsoul weapons no one has one yet, why? Because it's supposed to be hard to get making it rare.

You should all be glad you even had the opportunity to get it easy.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Tell that to the devs. It is lazy thinking to just copy-paste every idea China has over to this one, but that's what they do. That's what ALL asian MMO's do, simply because it's cheaper, requires less work and provides reasonably successful results. Getting them to listen would require a decent argument: the two examples you gave probably got response because we were able to show that, unlike China's economy, ours is not in dire need of coin sinks.

But medals of glory? It seems obvious that r9 was INTENDED to be exclusive. Very exclusive. We're talking one medal tossed on the server a week; that would mean it'd take about 5 months for ONE PERSON to obtain full r9 under normal circumstances. I'm willing to bet the r9 sale (medals included) on our server did not occur on the Chinese one and as we already know, China doesn't have a DQ point system. What does this mean? The Chinese server has....maybe two full r9 players. Us? We've got over a hundred. So yeah, of course they're freaking out and I'm sure we stand no chance of seeing those given out so liberally again.

Having said that, I don't think it's such a bad move if r9 becomes super exclusive. The only issues I see are A) a bunch of people who farmed like mad in hopes of making decent coin just got royally screwed over and B) as it is now, we have a weird balance of r9. It's not exactly "exclusive," nor is it incredibly easy to obtain. This leaves people in a weird position where it's very likely to go try and PVP only to get the **** kicked out of them by a r9 player, yet they themselves are almost completely incapable of getting that same gear, no matter how much they spend or how much they farm. Kinda frustrating.

if it was intended to be THAT exclusive why would they continuously put chip packs and things related to rank on sale in the CS? For 1 person to get rank in a 5 month period to buy them?

Get real. They knew what they were doing, they knew people would be farming for DQ points to get the medals. It wasn't easy to get rank9 but it was at least within reach for many people.

Removing these medals from the general population now after so many people have rank9 makes this game even more unbalanced.

There is no way to fight an army of rank9 players in pvp or tw and later in upcomming guild base wars if this is not fixed.

Anything currently available to players just does not compete with the attack and defense levels of rank9.
    Here we go again....
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just like warsoul weapons no one has one yet, why? Because it's supposed to be hard to get making it rare.

Warsoul weapons are hard to obtain and have always been hard to obtain.
    R9 gear is hard to obtain and was until recently easy to obtain.

All those dozens and dozens of people who already have R9 now have a huge advantage compared to other who are now unable to obtain it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zozun - Heavens Tear
    Zozun - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was savign up dq pts only for the medals of honor im very dissappointed that they where removed but not ur fault that people circumvented the way you wnated it to be used.Sorry to see this happen but thank you for informing us about it in this respectable manner.
    My Motto- Barb's are the shields to the warrior that is the squad!!!b:cool
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Another controversial change PWE noobs have done following by a huge topic about QQ. Those who already got it got a huge advantage to those who don't. If u wanna keep something exclusive don't put it in cashshop. But yeah this will be another thing u gm's won't listen to us.

Just wanna say this: Franky you're a moron, idiot, *insert anything that sounds bad*
    It felt good to say it and they won't read it anyway.
  • Caresa - Lost City
    Caresa - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I got up to post 34 and said eff it ill just post a reply, so sorry if this has already been said.

Why is there so much rage about an EASILY OBTAINABLE and GLITCHABLE item being removed when rank is supposed to be HARD to get on these servers ie: not private servers.

You call spend $1100+ (just chips) for a set of armor "easy to get"? how many people can afford spend that amount to play a game?

It isn't a issue if it has always been "hard to get". A lots of people like me have already spend a lots of gold on R9, I personally have 5 of 7 pieces, and have enough chips to finish the rest 2 pieces and 2 more pieces (ring and weapon) for my Sin. since I do not take advantage of the so called exploit, I keep all the DQs I get in the bank until I am ready to buy the gears, so I have the freedom to change mind about which char get which piece first. the sudden remove of medal means all the DQs I have collected worth nothing any more, since I do not need anything else from DQ rewards other then the medal. so tell me how you will react if it is you wasted all those money? if R9 always like warsoul, I would not even get started, so I have nothing to feel bad. but it is not.

another thing is how do you expect PvP to be balanced? A lots of people already get R9 set, the R9 set with blessing means 90+ attach level, you expect people without R9 to go out fight someone 90+ level higher then you?

This change is big, almost all level 100+ are working on R9 set one way or other, when the goal suddenly becomes unreachedable, what do you thing those people will do? I am personally taking a "break", I do not think I alone.
  • GAEILGE - Heavens Tear
    GAEILGE - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im so pissed off with this decision to remove the medals i could actually kill a Dev b:angry...well maybe not kill one but i could deff have an affair with ones wife and not even feel any remorse...b:cool
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ok...

The first general summer sale came out right after DQ rewards system and had all:
    rep badges
    chip packs
    medals of glory for 25 gold

They figured people rather grind DQ and grinders make money of it too so more people on the server, the second general summer sale had:
    rep badges
    chip packs

Now heres is this third general summer sale with:
    rep badges
    propably cheaper chip packs
    and medals of glory are also outta DQ rewards

PvP people talked about boring one shot PvP when the first Summer sale came out, now they talk about unbalance.

But for us grinding people the first general summer sale was actually pretty good thing with medals for 20k DPs already in DQ rewards system.

There was a 20% DQ item price nerf back then before DQ rewards introdution and gold at about 500k. That meant you had to grind roughly 150 high end DQ items to make 1 gold.

With the first general summer sale gold went to 900k but the price of high end DQ items to about 22k each if you knew where and when to sell. So that means it only took like 40 DQ items to get one gold, even with twice higher gold.

The game turned from unplayable to playable again for a freebie grinder.

This week it all went to hell and grinders need about 300 DQ items to make 1 gold.

300 and 40.
    The best of us can get about 40 DQ items per 20 mins on reg drops.
    So... got the difference?

Two and freaking half hour to grind one gold.

Grinding free player will be a non-factor if they wont change it back the way it was and put medals to cashshop for 25 gold alongside with rep and chips.

Anyway so boring now without the rank8 people at spiders.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    In few words: ... You gotta be kidding me, this is so unfair.
    In more words:

This version of pw is not china. The games are completely different. Maybe in china rank9 is still very rare. I suppose it be must be very rare if they still get all their medals from tw. Here rank9 was starting to get very common, and it was going to be even more common.

Frankie, at least in my server (pvp) there is hundreds of people with rank9 gear. A lot of them have full gear. There is no way to compete with them with the 2nd best gear (nirvana).

Cash shopers always get the best gears first because they charget gold and get it no matter what price. Free players alwasy take more time to get the same gear because they have to save money in game. This time, there were a lot of free players, like me, who had just made enough money for rank9 gear.

So, if medals of glory aren't ever put back in dq rewards, or in the boutique there will be no way to compete with the people that was rank9. We would have a group of people with an unfair advantage over the rest and all because "you," (pwe, or the chinese, i dont' know who) made rank9 first easy to get, and then very hard to get.

If you aren't able to have the developers put the medals of glory back, you will lose a lot. Cashopers who were going to get rank9 will not expend that money. PvP and TW will become much more unbalanced because most rank9s and cashopers band in the same guild in every server. This will cause players to lose interest in the game, and will be hard to get loyal players from now on.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them

So basically the Dev's are happy if things are easy to acquire through the cash shop ( Rep/chips ) but unhappy if it doesn't make them money ( DQ medals ).

Atleast don't beat around the bush and just say this move was based purely on making more $
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • santabb
    santabb Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you aren't able to have the developers put the medals of glory back, you will lose a lot. Cashopers who were going to get rank9 will not expend that money. PvP and TW will become much more unbalanced because most rank9s and cashshoppers band in the same guild in every server. This will cause players to lose interest in the game, and will be hard to get loyal players from now on.

r9 was too OP'ed to begin with....should take out medals thru DQ & Nurf it. Pretty sure everyone thot the Medals thru the system was a mistake = why every non-TW person jumped on it and people found exploits to it.

Mage class was nurfed dmg WAYWAYWAY before PWI even came out....nurfing rank equips shouldn't cause too much concern aside the people that have already bought r9 which was gained thru either exploits or a few months Testing that backfired.

But chasshopping to the point where they exploit medal, then exploit to run nirvana (WHICH they not even need or going to use) to resell and drive up prices and then unblance TW and unblance PVP.........just makes people less involved in PVP these days....only reason why TW been as many wars lately was due to reset....and dungeons are now money making quests, not for gear.....which r9 pretty much took a dump on. Look at LGweaps, are now 30mill coins, when used to be 70mill+

Making a new system to sink-coins and keep coins hording down to try to keep economy from inflating things too much is one thing, but anything as OP as r9 should be harder to get.

If not want to nurf r9 could instead tag all current r9 with a timer before it gets destroyed and a NPC where they can pick which armor in Nirvana that has 100% transfer of refines + shards + a medal per every trade in.

or

Maybe trade in the tagged r9 to receive points that be usable in guild-bases....or give back the DQ points back.

Since Medals were supposed to be hard to get in the first place anyways, they still be close to their r9 gear still or be close to getting guild-base equip.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    santabb wrote: »
    r9 was too OP'ed to begin with....should take out medals thru DQ & Nurf it. Pretty sure everyone thot the Medals thru the system was a mistake = why every non-TW person jumped on it and people found exploits to it.

Mage class was nurfed dmg WAYWAYWAY before PWI even came out....nurfing rank equips shouldn't cause too much concern aside the people that have already bought r9 which was gained thru either exploits or a few months Testing that backfired.

But chasshopping to the point where they exploit medal, then exploit to run nirvana (WHICH they not even need or going to use) to resell and drive up prices and then unblance TW and unblance PVP.........just makes people less involved in PVP these days....only reason why TW been as many wars lately was due to reset....and dungeons are now money making quests, not for gear.....which r9 pretty much took a dump on. Look at LGweaps, are now 30mill coins, when used to be 70mill+

Making a new system to sink-coins and keep coins hording down to try to keep economy from inflating things too much is one thing, but anything as OP as r9 should be harder to get.

If not want to nurf r9 could instead tag all current r9 with a timer before it gets destroyed and a NPC where they can pick which armor in Nirvana that has 100% transfer of refines + shards + a medal per every trade in.

or

Maybe trade in the tagged r9 to receive points that be usable in guild-bases....or give back the DQ points back.

Since Medals were supposed to be hard to get in the first place anyways, they still be close to their r9 gear still or be close to getting guild-base equip.

you sir, have no idea about the game, and it's economy.

* hey you just won the lottery! you won 15 million dollars*

*two days later*

*Phonecall saying you didn't win anything! so pay everything back with interest, because you weren't the rightfull owner of the money*

see where this is going? they can't make something available, and then just destroy it. There would be 10xxx people making a lawsuit versus the company, and trust me, they will win.

The one thing that bugged people is that they gave no fair warning, even 1-2 days would have been enough to give the people a chance to get their medals for their r9 set, hell even i was making the last bit of coin to get my r9 belt, and i saved up enough DQ items to make 3 medals, essentially they made the market price shoot up through the roof by taking them away without notice.

and FYI, there is a easy fix for the problem,

there should a line of code something like "stackable=1". make that into "stackable=0" and you fixed the problem. If they don't stack, you can't unlock them, if you can't unlock them people can't sell emfor high money, meaning the grinders were happy grinding their r9 medals
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Your guild fails either way Kokki.
  • Demoniada - Lost City
    Demoniada - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    OK guys... i'll try to keep this SOOOOOOO simple for you, to understand it:

1-st of all - the argument that too much medals of glory were sent trough the DQ system is absolutely unvalid one, because (as it was said times and times again in those 66 pades) you already made reputation and chips much more cheap and easy to obtain with the 3 promotions that PWi had so far. When those promotions are active, rep is even sold for 7.5k coins per badge in catshops, so PWi's marketing staff, has absolutely no justification, standing behind this statement. R9 in this version of the game was made to be EASILY (relatively) obtainable!!!

2 - The biggest screwup of your marketing staff however were those rep/chips promotions. In an earlier post some dude actualy said that it was funny to see PWi QQ-ing about their own mistakes without realising it, but I intend to be a fella' and enlighten you guys... just because once i loved this game: b:surrender

- one of the biggest shortcomings of PW as a game has always been the fact that it does not have enough gear content with unique attributes. Instead, the game was based on a system, that offers a LVL-based "best" gear, that comes with lack of variety (that btw kills any possible alternative build of the character).

With the introduction of packs, lunar gear actually became a Cash Shopped best gear, that everyone was paying big $ to get his hands on. So weather you saw it or not guys, packs were your main money-maker for this game, and not reputation/chips. However once introducing the rep/chips promotions PWi achieved 2 things:

1 - because of the lvl based "best" gear system, all of the gear that is attainable from packs became obsolete. In other words you smacked your main money-maker (the packs) as I said before, because noone needs lunar gear anymore, when it is possible to get full r8 for the price of 1 or maximum 2 lunar gear parts.

2 - u made r9 to kill nirvana - you made it EASILY OBTAINABLE. And this was the first time, when I told myself officialy "they killed a good game", bought 50 gold for the last time (making the profit, PWi got from me to 530$ in total), just to get r8, and started to predict the downfall...

What your marketing staff needs to realise is that there are 3 categories of customers in PWi.
    -the ones that pay 1000-2000$ to get their gear;
    -the ones that just buy gold from time to time, and try to compensate the differense with farming;
    -and the ones that just enjoy the product for free, farming all their gear to the end.

At the moment, your main focus is centered over the few 50-100 big cash-shopers, but any good analyse would show you, that once they get their end gear, their characters never need to spend any $ for gold again, because they can farm anything in game in matters of minutes. So this group, that you cherish the most is actually just temporary. Example - 5 aps sins do NIRVANA runs for 10 minutes. Do you think that they need to buy gold in order to refine further their gear? Think again PWi! b:chuckle

The second group is the one that you **** up constantly, and I should know, because as a player i think that this is my group. This is your most valuable resource, yet it seams that you never realised that guys. We are the ones that combined keep this game running, and yet all of the changes that you guys make affect in a negative way mainly this segment of your customers. The only segment that actually can be described as a "long-term" Cash Shoppers, because it is build by people who enjoy a good product every day for few hours and are willing to contribute for it, by paying some moderate amount of cash every now and than. But guess what PWi ... we have not been seeing anything "good" lately from you guys. Just one mistake after another, that in the end affects us. And once we stop seeing PWi as a good product there is no point to pay for it anymore, am i right? Why do you constantly try to destroy every single way for us to make some ingame coins?

Honestly I can go on, for hours, but it realy is not my work to do yours. At least PWi is not paying me to do so last time i checked. I just wish that you could actually think a bit more before you make irrational decisions that destroy this game even more than it already is... Your last actions show me that I will just continue dreaming for things that would never happen. Yet again, my post should clearly show you, that you won't be geting any more money from me, until you fix your mistakes! b:bye
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    OK guys... i'll try to keep this SOOOOOOO simple for you, to understand it:

1-st of all - the argument that too much medals of glory were sent trough the DQ system is absolutely unvalid one, because (as it was said times and times again in those 66 pades) you already made reputation and chips much more cheap and easy to obtain with the 3 promotions that PWi had so far. When those promotions are active, rep is even sold for 7.5k coins per badge in catshops, so PWi's marketing staff, has absolutely no justification, standing behind this statement. R9 in this version of the game was made to be EASILY (relatively) obtainable!!!

2 - The biggest screwup of your marketing staff however were those rep/chips promotions. In an earlier post some dude actualy said that it was funny to see PWi QQ-ing about their own mistakes without realising it, but I intend to be a fella' and enlighten you guys... just because once i loved this game: b:surrender

- one of the biggest shortcomings of PW as a game has always been the fact that it does not have enough gear content with unique attributes. Instead, the game was based on a system, that offers a LVL-based "best" gear, that comes with lack of variety (that btw kills any possible alternative build of the character).

With the introduction of packs, lunar gear actually became a Cash Shopped best gear, that everyone was paying big $ to get his hands on. So weather you saw it or not guys, packs were your main money-maker for this game, and not reputation/chips. However once introducing the rep/chips promotions PWi achieved 2 things:

1 - because of the lvl based "best" gear system, all of the gear that is attainable from packs became obsolete. In other words you smacked your main money-maker (the packs) as I said before, because noone needs lunar gear anymore, when it is possible to get full r8 for the price of 1 or maximum 2 lunar gear parts.

2 - u made r9 to kill nirvana - you made it EASILY OBTAINABLE. And this was the first time, when I told myself officialy "they killed a good game", bought 50 gold for the last time (making the profit, PWi got from me to 530$ in total), just to get r8, and started to predict the downfall...

What your marketing staff needs to realise is that there are 3 categories of customers in PWi.
    -the ones that pay 1000-2000$ to get their gear;
    -the ones that just buy gold from time to time, and try to compensate the differense with farming;
    -and the ones that just enjoy the product for free, farming all their gear to the end.

At the moment, your main focus is centered over the few 50-100 big cash-shopers, but any good analyse would show you, that once they get their end gear, their characters never need to spend any $ for gold again, because they can farm anything in game in matters of minutes. So this group, that you cherish the most is actually just temporary. Example - 5 aps sins do NIRVANA runs for 10 minutes. Do you think that they need to buy gold in order to refine further their gear? Think again PWi! b:chuckle

The second group is the one that you **** up constantly, and I should know, because as a player i think that this is my group. This is your most valuable resource, yet it seams that you never realised that guys. We are the ones that combined keep this game running, and yet all of the changes that you guys make affect in a negative way mainly this segment of your customers. The only segment that actually can be described as a "long-term" Cash Shoppers, because it is build by people who enjoy a good product every day for few hours and are willing to contribute for it, by paying some moderate amount of cash every now and than. But guess what PWi ... we have not been seeing anything "good" lately from you guys. Just one mistake after another, that in the end affects us. And once we stop seeing PWi as a good product there is no point to pay for it anymore, am i right? Why do you constantly try to destroy every single way for us to make some ingame coins?

Honestly I can go on, for hours, but it realy is not my work to do yours. At least PWi is not paying me to do so last time i checked. I just wish that you could actually think a bit more before you make irrational decisions that destroy this game even more than it already is... Your last actions show me that I will just continue dreaming for things that would never happen. Yet again, my post should clearly show you, that you won't be geting any more money from me, until you fix your mistakes! b:bye

They are deaf. You just waste your time.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    if you guys can no longer obtain r9 then get 2nd cast tt or lunar nirvana weapons they have the effects though they are expensive and not as strong as rank 9 its better than r8 if 2nd cast and you can get god of frenzy, spirit blackhole and such on the weapons :p if you have to improvise thats the next best thing this is just from my point of view though lol and besides whats stopping them from making rep and medals become a permanate boutique item *new tab aka Rep* and then they can make even more money which tbh can actually and probably will happen :p

You aren't very sharp, are you? For your information a full rank9 set gives you 50 attack level (80 with jone's blessing) and 20 defense level. The next best thing is nirvana which depending of the type of pieces, you can get either 10 attack level, or 5 attack level with 10 defense level. Nirvana armor is obsolete against rank9 in pvp.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I actually thought the % of phys def and Mdef they give can be count as Def lv since says (i forgot) something like Physical damage reduction 3%

but since i never got nv for myself since they ruined nv for Arcane classes i donno o.o
This discussion has been closed.