Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I made a suggestion like this back on page 30 something, but in light of the new PWI position, I think it has merit with maybe one minor adjustment.

1) Put Medals into the Cash Boutique for 10 Gold
    2) Put Medals into the Event Boutique for 30 Event Gold
    3) DOUBLE all Dragon Points (DP) currently in the system

If 10 Gold is not enough for a Medal, then make the numbers 15, 45 and TRIPLE the current DP everyone has.

The reason for doubling is that if Medals end up costing 10+ million coins, then a single DP is going to be worth half of what it has been worth up until now. This seems to be the crux of the problem ... Dragon Points were SUPPOSED to be worth 270 coins or so, but instead have risen to 500-600 points because of the Medals. At 270, a Medal would cost 5.4 million coins. At 550, a Medal costs 11 million coins.

Someone who has farmed/purchased DP points prior to today has done so with an understanding that the DPs are worth 550 or so (they range, but this number makes the math nice). Therefore, their investment per medal is about 11 million coins, or 10 to 12 gold (depending on gold prices).

This is the de facto market value for these items, so long as they are readily available. Taking them out of the market, as has happened this week, has seen them shoot up in value as people exploit the glitch AND the players who only need one or two medals to make their R9 gear.

So, if DP are generating too high a value because of the Medals, give the Medals a static market value. This can be done by putting them into the Cash Boutique at a defined value.

Initially, intentionally or otherwise, PWI figured Medals were worth about 5 Gold:

- 1 MoG per 20,000 DP x 1 DP per 270 c x 1.1m c per 1 Gold = 1 MoG for about 5 Gold

Even if you use Gold at only 900K (instead of 1.1m) you still get a MoG being worth only about 6 gold.

The community, however, is willing to pay 10-12 Gold for them by buying DP at 550 coins each.

So, either:

- add them to the Cash Boutique at 5 gold and either keep them in the DP rewards at 20,000 DP or the Event Boutique at 15 Event gold (or both).

Or:

- double/triple the values (including the DP reward value, so 20,000 becomes 40,000 or 60,000), but to be fair, double or triple the existing DP of everyone to make up for the error.

I just think that would be the fairest solution for everyone.

Good Luck!

lol 5 gold for 1 medal they were in the cs before for 25 gold a pop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol 5 gold for 1 medal they were in the cs before for 25 gold a pop.

I know, but players are currently paying about 10-12 gold for them, and the DP system, rightly or wrongly, valued them at only about 5-6 gold initially, thus the inflation and the increase in player activity.
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • redarap
    redarap Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it isnt that you're concerned with anything. you're just affraid that you might miss some cash. after all, a full set of R9 on sale is almost 1600 USD.you dont have to lie to everyone and say it's a concern, when in reality it's just greed.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    We can has double drops to stop q_q?

Activate 2x drops gogogogo!
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    eyehaveyou wrote: »
    So thanks for the answer Frankie.

so for the next question: How r u going to solve the disbalance between those who had a chance to gain Rank 9 already and the rest?

They wont. They stopped caring about game balance a long time ago when they implemented the anniversary packs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    The Medal of Honor exploit can be fixed relatively easily. I'm pretty sure it is a two-step process, which will still allow the TW reward Medal of Honor to be tradeable. Tell me if this has already been suggested...

Step 1) Make all Medals of Honor untradeable. Now, I'm sure you're wondering how people are supposed to trade the TW reward Medal. That's where step 2 comes in...

Step 2) Create a tradeable item to be sent in place of the Medal of Honor to the lucky land-holding faction, which can be turned in for the untradeable Medal of Honor...

What do you guys think?
  • Nevarh - Sanctuary
    Nevarh - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've never posted in forums yet but feel I have to this time,I as well as alot of people I know have grinded our butts off to accumulate enough DQ points for medals of Glory to get rank 9 armour etc, we have no other way to get medals,they are no longer in the boutique & alot of us aren't cash shop players anyway. & obtaining them in game is now not an option either seeing as,the moment they were removed from DQ Rewards their in game value went to around 50 million coins each which is way beyond the means of most people I know. As for obtaining them through Territory War,I guess that will only happen if you're in an elite faction as the map reset has done very little to even the playing field there too. If they never get put back in DQ Rewards,all because of a stupid glitch that a few people took advantage of then I & alot of people I know will never be able to obtain rank 9 & really don't see the point in continuing to play. I'm happy to work hard for good gear but do believe hard work should be rewarded & for those who think the DQ Reward system made the medals too easy to obtain all I can say is they've never had to grind over 600 DQ items level 91+ for just 1 medal.
  • SaiyanGohan - Lost City
    SaiyanGohan - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The Medal of Honor exploit can be fixed relatively easily. I'm pretty sure it is a two-step process, which will still allow the TW reward Medal of Honor to be tradeable. Tell me if this has already been suggested...

Step 1) Make all Medals of Honor untradeable. Now, I'm sure you're wondering how people are supposed to trade the TW reward Medal. That's where step 2 comes in...

Step 2) Create a tradeable item to be sent in place of the Medal of Honor to the lucky land-holding faction, which can be turned in for the untradeable Medal of Honor...

What do you guys think?

they already suggested step one on the forums.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011

What do you guys think?

what am I missing, isn't it clear enough the exploit is not the reason for them to remove medal?
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011

What do you guys think?

NOOOOO. I know peopel who stillhave the ones they bought for 25g. Freck that idea. How about my idea of limiting medals from dq to be a total 19 per lvl 101 char?
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

just wanted to get this post back in the atention, its on page 54, posted by frankie. SO, they DID ADMITTED that they didnt remove the medals cuz of the imbalance of the economy, they did it cuz it was 2 easy to get them, and the fault for this decision has it China's DEVs . we r screwed untill they decide something about it, and we may be screwed after too, cuz the decision will probably fail . b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I wonder what those new items will be..If they put perfect horns in there , i'm gonna flip out. b:cry

But seriously...

- We already have all-class pets...

- Rides can also be used by anyone..

- How about a ticket for a ultra, super duper rare ALL-CLASS Flyer going at 3.5/6.5 ?

Of course the DQ value would have to be ridiculously high (250-350k DQ points ?), but am I right to assume that it woudn't be too hard to code ? Untamed and Humans are already just "standing" on their flyers. Tideborns, Earthguards and Elves also have a "standing" motion that could be used to ruide such a mount...

- Hammer would be nice..but price would have to be set to something close to 100k DQ points..

- Unless they are planning UN-binding charms b:pleased
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LOL +12 D orb anyone LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Whats more ultra rare than that?

And thats such bull to remove medals after some people already got full r9. Talk about imbalance.. yup we go it now.
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    limit them to 19 per account its a good idea. they shuld think about it.... but hei, puting em in boutique at 50gold will still look better for them b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You know I was not about to make a comment on Frankie's post about the chinese devs, not foreseeing stuff, experiment and all.

But here it is:

Dev develop period in accordance to what Middle-Management wants with marketing
    Second tier System administrators maintain
    GM's interact with community much like first tier administrators or skilled helpdesk

So Dev are not to blame here hell most developers I know want to keep everything open and working, explore etc. Devs being told are to put in masks on SQL fields etc get cranky.
    Devs usually don't maintain a single bit of their work unless it's bug fixing.

Middle-manegement is to blame.

Get your facts straight if you want to pass the buck around, oke?
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Moorta - Dreamweaver
    Moorta - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why it does matter that people made medals tradeable ? dq items are tradeable anyway, so it doesnt matter on market it wouldnt change anything. you would be able to choose to buy dq items from ppl and make medals , or to buy medals from ppl. Price difference would be small either way u choose to get them.
    Truth is medals gonna me in boutique for 25 gold each in next few weeks ( thats why pwi stuff made 1 month rank sale 1st time in history ).
    I am not blaming you for anything just be honest to ur players. Say like this:
    we have alot of expenses, we have to make money, we realised that medals are too cheap we want to sell it to you for your $. Ty for understanding , all we do we do for you guyz
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have a friend who got his R9 axe recently, he was planning to go full set and spending a lot on it, just like the axe. 32+85 summer tokens bought, planning to get another 14x4 for armour and 32 for belt, -that aint cheap.

Now hes not, cuz medals are gone. :D

GG pwi your losing yourselves monies until you legitimatly make medals available to all those attempting to get R9. b:kiss
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Cutlspbm - Archosaur
    Cutlspbm - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Limit it to the minmum number needed for each class and make all class rank 9 gear requirements the same. However they won't do what the community wants and in the end their veteran players will leave. They just assume they will get new players but with how mad people are right now their ratings are dropping like a rock. They will have to make drastic changes to make people happy again. I think they will be too little too late.
  • Wizziie - Harshlands
    Wizziie - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well thats great but at the same time you are all trying to figure this out scores of low income players are simply finding another game to play where they are appricated as customers. low income Less then 30 bucks a month.

You people remind me of USA congress. Willing to sink the ship over stupid stuff.

Really not even sure it's about the medal itself anymore its about the evergrowing gap in players with money .. players with some money and free players.

I dunno.. all I DO know is it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell your bottom line is gonna significantly suffer if somthing isn't done to appease the disgruntled low income players in this game.. and I'm not talking about the FREE players.

your paying customers are pizzed. But we didn't spend hundreds only 20's.. but we should count too.
    +1
    I was really thinking to put some money in to get my psy to R9. thus spent allot of time farming DQ points but again i was screwed over so am done with it. no more money for u. not from me at least
  • Wizzie - Raging Tide
    Wizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LOL, another Wizzie :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dartwave - Sanctuary
    Dartwave - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The servers are losing players very fast...i see half ppl around. Do ur next move wisely pwe or both players and company are gonna suffer from that... the quitting of many players is a problem for us and for u too
  • zaaphiel
    zaaphiel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    All i managed was to get is my rank 9 ring, but *** you gms im not going buy chips in the vain hope, ill be getting more medals of glory, chips with out medals is ***** up and if you think people are silly to buy chips in packs with out a means to get Medals of Glory's then i think you should stop chasing the dragon and wake up, you seem to think the massive cash shopper is far more valuable than the little cash shopper that could be true but they are few and cant really support all of all PWI expenses that you have, its the little cash shoppers that supports your wage bills, This game has nothing no more to offer no more except bollocks, what ever you GMs give the players you always take back ten fold, the PWI universe will be an empty place when theres no one in it
  • fuqthegovt
    fuqthegovt Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    After resisting the knee jerk response to quit/suicide bomb you guys and sleeping on it a few days I've decided to cut my losses ($800) and go back to offline rpg's (Witcher 2 - May 17th, etc) till you guys get your **** together, if that in fact ever happens. The only other similarly unbelievably stupid decisions I've seen in an mmo company is Turbine (remember AC2?), and I still refuse to play anything with their name on it after 6 years. Long story short echoing the others here I feel like I got scammed out of $800 in chips that are worthless to me other than making 3.2m cube tickets that I can't possibly use/sell in a lifetime. b:angry Feel free to translate this post to chinese and send it to the dev's in china if in fact they are your masters. I dunno what the details of your contracts are but you guys are as stupid as the people that keep opening their wallets for aggreeing to it and putting yourselves in this position. b:bye
  • Cutlspbm - Archosaur
    Cutlspbm - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The servers are losing players very fast...i see half ppl around. Do ur next move wisely pwe or both players and company are gonna suffer from that... the quitting of many players is a problem for us and for u too

My faction has been reduced by nearly 80% of people that were active are now inactive
  • Alicedragon - Sanctuary
    Alicedragon - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    if you guys can no longer obtain r9 then get 2nd cast tt or lunar nirvana weapons they have the effects though they are expensive and not as strong as rank 9 its better than r8 if 2nd cast and you can get god of frenzy, spirit blackhole and such on the weapons :p if you have to improvise thats the next best thing this is just from my point of view though lol and besides whats stopping them from making rep and medals become a permanate boutique item *new tab aka Rep* and then they can make even more money which tbh can actually and probably will happen :p
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So the devs didn't mind you made rank8 trivial to attain, and the rep and chips for r9 trivial, just cared about the medals from DQ? sounds like someone is covering his own ***.
  • StormDragoon - Sanctuary
    StormDragoon - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2011

LOL, I've noticed this too. It's mostly catshops laying around. And seeing more and more of my friends taking "breaks" and others just plain quitting or thinking of it.

I hope they realize that putting things as they were is better but not take them almost a year like with the TW land rewards...which was another thing that you actually said "unbalanced" the game.
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2011

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.
    [/COLOR]

How does this bring back the vaule of Chest Of Coins? Gold is Still going to be high...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So essentially, every person who did this exploit is now getting benefits, and everyone else is **** out of luck.
    I know my guild has now pooled around 100 Medals of glory (tradeable) and they are going for around 25-30m each on our server now. GG
  • Antheroz - Harshlands
    Antheroz - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

And you came out with this by yourself?
    As everything the devs havent fixed yet, we have a multibug game where we have spent some money, yet they dont try and fix things, instead they keep trying to get more money from us.
    Devs demonstrated with this thing of the medals they prefer to **** us all than to work and fix a glitch, so they dont really care about users, just profit. Go and work on it for real and stop playing with us.
    Thank you in advance
This discussion has been closed.