[Server Issues] 3-26-2011

Comments

• Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just when u got Laggs/Dc the Perfect World seems to be a Crying world :) dont whine when u die or even has lost 2 or 3 drops? since its not a TT100 Red drop i wouldnt care that much! its a games gms will fix it so .. just be patient iam sure they bring any extra for the laggs to us maybe add a week for 2x drop?

Lol, someone from our server DID lose a red TT drop because of those d/c x_x Since it's an extreme case, imo they SHOULD get some form of compensation since it's something extremely rare and VERY valuable... Omg, if I were them I would so be headdesking right now :S
  • blaymoric
    blaymoric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm a noob I admit it but what the heck is DDOS? Is it just hackers putting virus's in the game or what? Completely in the dark about this kinda stuff b:surrender

Ill use a example from one of the last threads.

Imagine a Sink. The water stream coming from the faucet is data and the drain is the port where the data is going. Imagine taking a giant fire hose, aiming it at the sink and turning it on.
  • jerrellbrathwait
    jerrellbrathwait Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yep this frm african country Namibia represent pwi **** on stop the bull and shutdown servers for hour and fix it
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    azurluen wrote: »
    When will people understand that 2x it's BECAUSE servers have this issues?

10 more year b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ///TER - Dreamweaver3
    ///TER - Dreamweaver3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hope exhaustion time period on hyper stones wont over rule the 2x exp.
  • McKenzi - Dreamweaver
    McKenzi - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    blaymoric wrote: »

Imagine a Sink. The water stream coming from the faucet is data and the drain is the port where the data is going. Imagine taking a giant fire hose, aiming it at the sink and turning it on.

i like your way of explaining things lolol b:pleased
  • ///TER - Dreamweaver3
    ///TER - Dreamweaver3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    blaymoric wrote: »

b:angry
  • CHOBITS - Dreamweaver
    CHOBITS - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sure its DDoS and not their fault
    BUT, learn a bit about DDoS and exaclty how much BW would be required to bog down a whole hostingcompany you would understand its quite advanced, and there are countermeasures companies use against it for that very reason
    And that the same scriptkiddies would sit 4? days in a row and flood the servers from the same lines? highly unlikely, there is more to this then just simple DDoS kiddies

But in the end and the long run, everyone here has the right to be fed up and pissed of at the lack of information, and lack of action taken, several days in a row with this takes massive amount of bandwith and server and some knowledge, not just "anyone can do this just google it" . . . yeah right, bite me

You have to flood the whole BW of the hostingcompany for the servers to flip out like this

My 2 cents b:shutupb:surrender
  • shoutboxer
    shoutboxer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    We need a Chat for down time, no 2x EXP and/or Drops. ^^
    TraumLand ist eine Gemeinschaft von netten und hilfsbereiten Spielern. Schau dir doch einfach mal unsere Website an.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arudesu - Dreamweaver
    Arudesu - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    o m g i love your signature XD

Lol thank you :3 I need to make a new one... xD Not even sure Valour exists anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blaymoric
    blaymoric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lol, thankz.
  • hawkpw
    hawkpw Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Whats the point of 2X when you have a DC after killing 2 mobs? Killed a mob, DCed, logged back on after a few minutes and i was dead. when you say 2X did you mean -2X weekend?
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    why my join date shown up Mar 2011? wtf :o

iam registered in this game since 2009 now lawl

Beacuse thats when you made your first post on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kamiller - Dreamweaver
    Kamiller - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is one in which a multitude of compromised systems attack a single target, thereby causing denial of service for users of the targeted system. The flood of incoming messages to the target system essentially forces it to shut down, thereby denying service to the system to legitimate users.

In a typical DDoS attack, a hacker (or, if you prefer, cracker) begins by exploiting a vulnerability in one computer system and making it the DDoS master. It is from the master system that the intruder identifies and communicates with other systems that can be compromised. The intruder loads cracking tools available on the Internet on multiple -- sometimes thousands of -- compromised systems. With a single command, the intruder instructs the controlled machines to launch one of many flood attacks against a specified target. The inundation of packets to the target causes a denial of service.

While the press tends to focus on the target of DDoS attacks as the victim, in reality there are many victims in a DDoS attack -- the final target and as well the systems controlled by the intruder. Although the owners of co-opted computers are typically unaware that their computers have been compromised, they are nevertheless likely to suffer degradation of service and malfunction. Both owners and users of targeted sites are affected by a denial of service. Yahoo, Buy.com, RIAA and the United States Copyright Office are among the victims of DDoS attacks. DDoS attacks can also create more widespread disruption. In October 2010, for example, a massive DDoS attack took the entire country of Myanmar offline.

A computer under the control of an intruder is known as a zombie or bot. A group of co-opted computers is known as a botnet or a zombie army. Both Kaspersky Labs and Symantec have identified botnets -- not spam, viruses, or worms -- as the biggest threat to Internet security.

source: http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid14_gci557336,00.html

Thank you so much, guess I could have googled it XD
  • McKenzi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Lol thank you :3 I need to make a new one... xD Not even sure Valour exists anymore.

XD hahahaha i have no idea if it does o.o
  • hstraus
    hstraus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I posted this on last DC post, Thought I would repost here Soothers knows whats really going on, Anyway just wanted everyone out there that is QQ about PWI an the server attacks, Saying why it could be happening etc. I just wanted to Let everyone know (an I hope I don't repeat what others have stated) This is not something PW Can just fix. The server host Has to deal with this. PW also has the Proper Authorities handling this, or helping them. Now if you do a quick Google search, it is not only happening to PW. Starting March 3, 2011 Other site have been getting it also.

Here is one for example:
    RESOLVED: DDoS Against WebHop
    Sun, 20 Mar 2011 1612 UTC "As of approximately 1615 UTC, we are currently experiencing a distributed denial of service attack against our WebHop redirection service. All other services are operating normally, but the WebHop service may be temporarily unavailable.
    this is just one other company, there are 5-6 others that is getting hit the same days as PW.
    Netflix has been hit also. So many People Couldn't even watch a good movie while waiting for Server stability.

March 22nd, 2011, 18:57 GMT South Korea has taken recent DDoS attacks against governmental websites very seriously and plans to start work on strengthening defenses against such threats.The announced measures come after earlier this month around thirty governmental and private websites were targeted in attacks launched from a botnet of around 50,000 infected computers.

Be sure to check your E-mail also, I received this. So everyone will be compensated when this is over.
    "Recently Perfect World Entertainment has fallen victim to malicious internet attacks."

Due to these attacks, you may have had connection issues in-game, or loading issues with our websites. We sincerely apologize for the issue and will be compensating all of our players once these attacks have ceased and the source of the issue has been shut down.

We are working swiftly to ensure that these types of issues will not occur again in the future. We are also working with the proper authorities to ensure that the culprits are found and dealt with accordingly.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for inconveniences caused, and we will update you again once everything has been resolved.

- The PWE Team"
    So as it appears it is bigger than we all thought. I just hope they do catch the idiot, But I really doubt it.

So as you see it is not just PW games, its happening other place also. Good luck to you all. Pleas Be patient It really is just a game. I hope this information has helped many QQ an Blaming PW, cause as you see no matter what PW is not at fault.
    Sorry this was so long.
  • _Wolfyy_ - Raging Tide
    _Wolfyy_ - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    azurluen wrote: »
    When will people understand that 2x it's BECAUSE servers have this issues?

Its not because of 2x that the server is dc'ing everyone. People were dc'ing before 2x came out. Its the dam DDoS attackers. They have no life!
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    PWE should hire one of those smartie pants players that keep asking why they can't "fix" the servers to do it for them, because this is obviously an easy problem for them to fix. :o
  • kantero
    kantero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm A somewhat recent addition to the game. Started right before Genesis came out) The last few games I played had issues kind of like this and while its annoying I say just bare with it. So you lose some drops, So you lose some exp. Make a new character and have fun instead of burning a plat charm or hypers. Or not... I see no point in crying over it and its not the GM's fault... all they are really there to do is document and report things .. well and ban morons who cheat of course.

Anyways i'm sure they will do something worthwhile in the near future to make up for things to quell all of you who complain so hard. Honestly even if it does crash the time you are on is still 2x which means each kill you manage is still worth double the effort.

(This whole mess is my own form of rant I suppose)

Anyways Gm's....Mods... Do what you can get stuff patched up and all, Ya won't hear any real complaints from me about any of it.
  • McKenzi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    PWE should hire one of those smartie pants players that keep asking why they can't "fix" the servers to do it for them, because this is obviously an easy problem for them to fix. :o

i liked this post XD
    edited March 2011
    Sure its DDoS and not their fault
    BUT, learn a bit about DDoS and exaclty how much BW would be required to bog down a whole hostingcompany you would understand its quite advanced, and there are countermeasures companies use against it for that very reason
    And that the same scriptkiddies would sit 4? days in a row and flood the servers from the same lines? highly unlikely, there is more to this then just simple DDoS kiddies

But in the end and the long run, everyone here has the right to be fed up and pissed of at the lack of information, and lack of action taken, several days in a row with this takes massive amount of bandwith and server and some knowledge, not just "anyone can do this just google it" . . . yeah right, bite me

You have to flood the whole BW of the hostingcompany for the servers to flip out like this

My 2 cents b:shutupb:surrender

Considering the script kiddies probaly infected tons of PCs that are constantly connected to the internet. Thats whats going on here. Tons of infected computers are doing this. The people who initiated this don't have to really do much of anything anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No one reading hstraus post ?
    hstraus wrote: »
    I posted this on last DC post, Thought I would repost here Soothers knows whats really going on, Anyway just wanted everyone out there that is QQ about PWI an the server attacks, Saying why it could be happening etc. I just wanted to Let everyone know (an I hope I don't repeat what others have stated) This is not something PW Can just fix. The server host Has to deal with this. PW also has the Proper Authorities handling this, or helping them. Now if you do a quick Google search, it is not only happening to PW. Starting March 3, 2011 Other site have been getting it also.

Here is one for example:
    Sun, 20 Mar 2011 1612 UTC "As of approximately 1615 UTC, we are currently experiencing a distributed denial of service attack against our WebHop redirection service. All other services are operating normally, but the WebHop service may be temporarily unavailable.
    this is just one other company, there are 5-6 others that is getting hit the same days as PW.
    Netflix has been hit also. So many People Couldn't even watch a good movie while waiting for Server stability.

March 22nd, 2011, 18:57 GMT South Korea has taken recent DDoS attacks against governmental websites very seriously and plans to start work on strengthening defenses against such threats.The announced measures come after earlier this month around thirty governmental and private websites were targeted in attacks launched from a botnet of around 50,000 infected computers.

Be sure to check your E-mail also, I received this. So everyone will be compensated when this is over.
    "Recently Perfect World Entertainment has fallen victim to malicious internet attacks."

Due to these attacks, you may have had connection issues in-game, or loading issues with our websites. We sincerely apologize for the issue and will be compensating all of our players once these attacks have ceased and the source of the issue has been shut down.

We are working swiftly to ensure that these types of issues will not occur again in the future. We are also working with the proper authorities to ensure that the culprits are found and dealt with accordingly.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for inconveniences caused, and we will update you again once everything has been resolved.

- The PWE Team"
    So as it appears it is bigger than we all thought. I just hope they do catch the idiot, But I really doubt it.

So as you see it is not just PW games, its happening other place also. Good luck to you all. Pleas Be patient It really is just a game. I hope this information has helped many QQ an Blaming PW, cause as you see no matter what PW is not at fault.
    Sorry this was so long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • McKenzi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    hmmm noob question..... why is it just the East servers?
  • Riyanna - Raging Tide
    Riyanna - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    READ PLEASE.
    hstraus wrote: »

Here is one for example:

- The PWE Team"

Sorry this was so long.
    10char
    edited March 2011
    Its not because of 2x that the server is dc'ing everyone. People were dc'ing before 2x came out. Its the dam DDoS attackers. They have no life!

No that poster was saying we have 2x right now because of the issues not that the issues is because of the 2X.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • McKenzi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    o-O ... that doesnt answer my question
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hmmm noob question..... why is it just the East servers?

It's a cycle. East during the morning/noon. West in the afternoon/night. In PWE time.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • McKenzi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    It's a cycle. East during the morning/noon. West in the afternoon/night. In PWE time.

ohhhh alright ty :3
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pfft, its probably just 5aps catching up on the server b:chuckle

Or homogay Tunnelsnakes b:chuckle
    Nobody messes with the Tunnel Snakes!

TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!!!
    b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
  • _Spartacus_ - Raging Tide
    _Spartacus_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No that poster was saying we have 2x right now because of the issues not that the issues is because of the 2X.

Ah ok misread that then. Thank you.