[Server Issues] 3-24-11

Options

Comments

• Stoli - Heavens Tear
    Stoli - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cant connect and it says archosaur and heavens tear are unavailable to connect too

Some people are still logged in though. I just haven't been able to =/ Got d/ced and keep getting the message "unable to connect"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heaven's Tear--
    Stoli -- Sage Cleric (Main) -- Dominus Marshal
    _River -- 101 Demon Veno (Retired)
    Echosaridy -- 101 Sage Sin (Alt)
    Sarifikara -- 80 Blademaster (Future Demon)
  • Killercows - Sanctuary
    Killercows - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i am unable to login to Sanctuary after the last DC
  • Anhialitor - Heavens Tear
    Anhialitor - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i cant login to heavens tear server.
    Almost 30 mins i have been trying.
    Friends on msn told me they are still just playing tho ?
  • VTheNova - Archosaur
    VTheNova - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    While I'm waiting can I talk to the guy who glued the white balls to himself and danced in front of a green screen for the seekers? He is my hero.
  • Villainously - Heavens Tear
    Villainously - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes people are still online on the west coast servers but they're most likely not living on coast.b:angry
  • Stoli - Heavens Tear
    Stoli - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Yeah my boyfriend is logged in, but its not letting me. I've been trying for like... almost 10 minutes.

Edit: Just got back in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heaven's Tear--
    Stoli -- Sage Cleric (Main) -- Dominus Marshal
    _River -- 101 Demon Veno (Retired)
    Echosaridy -- 101 Sage Sin (Alt)
    Sarifikara -- 80 Blademaster (Future Demon)
  • EviLBarbieRO - Lost City
    EviLBarbieRO - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i can't log in on game and all frost sq got dc-ed after first boss...b:angry
  • VTheNova - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options

People that didn't get DC'd are still connected, but those who got kicked off can't get back on til perfect world war II is over.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Forums/Website are touch and go; can and cannot connect, and the background image is randomly deciding not to load...

Can't connect to sanct. :) Gonna try playing something else today, I call it the 'Windows Update' game (taking the plunge to SP1).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    While I'm waiting can I talk to the guy who glued the white balls to himself and danced in front of a green screen for the seekers? He is my hero.

^^ Win, I thought the same thing.

Confirmed that all West Coast servers are down. Those still logged in, are fine. Those logged out, cannot log in.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • MrsBowsama - Heavens Tear
    MrsBowsama - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Washington[/QUOTE]
    Yes people are still online on the west coast
    servers but they're most likely not living on the west coast.b:angry

I am living in England and I cant connect so it is not that .. my bf is still logged in
  • Anhialitor - Heavens Tear
    Anhialitor - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Now i'm able to log in ... but for how long is the question xD
  • Manhore - Lost City
    Manhore - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mass dc on LC just happened like 30 sec to 1min ago
  • eljues12
    eljues12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just DC'd about 10 minutes ago from the Archosaur server. I have friends saying they're still in game so now I'm just rage relogging b:laugh
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You guys do know how easy it is to "try" to DDoS someone right?

Any 12 year old kid with access to Google and has a few friends can DDoS a server.

Frankie, If I were you I wouldn't give any compensation for the downtime. Ever since you announced 2x drops for the 20minutes of downtime yesterday it has been worse and worse.
    The people obviously still play the game and are just trying to get something out of it.

If you give in it will only make it worse. "We Don't Negotiate with Terrorists" - George Washington

You can't assume the attacks are even directed at this game. All their servers are being affected, not just pwi. Correlation does not equal causation. There's a high chance the attackers do not get any benefits out of it because I doubt every game got compensated.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Has the game finally done enough to **** off some bored ragequitter to actually perform a ddos on the servers? lol. I knew certain things infuriate some players but didn't quite think it would be this bad.
    Good luck PWI, hope u catch the guy if u can. I don't think he/she will stop with just a day or two of packet flooding.
  • VTheNova - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I say we hang the perfect world terrorists from their toes by giant rusty hooks! Also yay made it back on line, lets see how long it lasts :D
  • Zirania - Lost City
    Zirania - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Lost city server, as well as the other west coast servers appear to be down at this moment (11:35 am) QQQQQQQQQQQQ

Oh well, I've got laundry to do anyway, gl b:cute

EDIT: made it back on (11:39 am)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
  • hewwokitty
    hewwokitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Archo is still getting hammered with massive lag spikes and huge DDs wherein half my entire faction DC's at the same time. D: I'm going to start to QQ here shortly.
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, those that stay connected just lag badly. Each phase seems to knock a large portion of players off and not always all. Count yourself lucky if you're one of them....you might not be so next time.

For those who leave their catshop running while they sleep, like I do, it's probably best to turn your laptop/computer off so you don't risk wasting power. b:surrender
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Duke prolly divided by 0
  • Earthfarther - Lost City
    Earthfarther - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well... time to go fool around. Frankie find out who's behind this. I's mad right now because I was suppose to frost this afternoon... b:angry
  • Hazelle - Heavens Tear
    Hazelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm still having disconnects after as few as a couple minutes to as long as a half hour or hour.
  • Moroulini - Archosaur
    Moroulini - Archosaur Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Weird thing is yesterday, (when this problem started), a guy-i dont remember his/her name- world chatted at archo server "pm me if u want ****-gold.."- he said something like that (sorry for my bad english). Those that pmed him world chatted warning ppl hes trying to **** everyones account by sending them a link..Now i cant avoid wondering is it coinsidence that ppl try to spam, cheat **** others when servers face issues and therefore u cant have access to "pwi - my account site" so u can chande ur pass....hmmmm be careful of those spammers-hackers ppl.

correction: change*
    b:flower SEIZE THE DAY b:flower
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Weird thing is yesterday, (when this problem started), a guy-i dont remember his/her name- world chatted at archo server "pm me if u want ****-gold.."- he said something like that (sorry for my bad english). Those that pmed him world chatted warning ppl hes trying to **** everyones account by sending them a link..Now i cant avoid wondering is it coinsidence that ppl try to spam, cheat **** others when servers face issues and therefore u cant have access to "pwi - my account site" so u can chande ur pass....hmmmm be careful of those spammers-hackers ppl.

If anyone was **** because of that I hope they learned their lesson. If I want free gold I do it the legal way. Earn zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moroulini - Archosaur
    Moroulini - Archosaur Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Exactly, hackers-spammers rely on some ppl's stupidity, but on the other hand it is not right trying to take advantage of this either.
    b:flower SEIZE THE DAY b:flower
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Exactly, hackers-spammers rely on some ppl's stupidity, but on the other hand it is not right trying to take advantage of this either.

Some hackers don't need to find 'stupid' individuals, at least the ones that know what there doing and know how to ****. I seen peoples accounts **** that were old players and never gave away any information about there account. Happens.
  • _walela_ - Heavens Tear
    _walela_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm just wondering, since player computers connect directly to PWE servers to play the various games; can the players also become at risk for compromise? Some ddos attacks are not simply a mass sending of packets, but also the installation of malicious software on the target server/computer.

A complete system check for such malicious software may be in order and installation of stronger, more effective firewalls. Even if this means taking the servers offline for a time to run the necessary scans and make the necessary upgrades. I'm sure the security folks at PWE have considered this. A server shutdown may make some, perhaps many or most, players unhappy, but it would be done in their best interest. We don't want any accounts to become victim of hacking, now do we? If there hasn't been any yet, this thread is long and I haven't read all of it.

That said, an attack on a business by an unknown source makes the business the first victim. The customers are innocent bystanders who are also inadvertently effected. As someone said before, PWE isn't obligated to give anything special to make up for it. Being attacked isn't their fault. In fact, it may be a motive and result in more attacks. So, all the QQ'ers complaining about not being able to stay connected and demanding compensation for the inconvenience, need to hold their tongues and let the security folks at PWE do their jobs, correctly and unhindered.

Personally, I value my online security more than getting something for an inconvenience to one of my sources of entertainment.
    Walela = Cherokee = Hummingbird b:cute
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    WhipThis - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Looks like it stopped? b:puzzled
  • Roland - Harshlands
    Roland - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm just wondering, since player computers connect directly to PWE servers to play the various games; can the players also become at risk for compromise? Some ddos attacks are not simply a mass sending of packets, but also the installation of malicious software on the target server/computer.

I really, really, think we don't have to worry about this. DDoS takes advantage of flooding the server with request the same as if thousands and thousands of people were online and very active.

What you are talking about it a significantly more serious breach, and if that occurs, PWI's sysadmins should go die in a fire.
    "WHOA, CALM DOWN HOLY JESUS **** NIPPLES IT'S JUST A GAME" - Longknife
This discussion has been closed.