[East Coast Server Issues] 3-24-11

Comments

• zannare
    zannare Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok for all those complaining about being redirected here the reason is cause the east coast experienced the EXACT same problem in the EXACT same ways thus the odds of the problem being the same is extremely high. Also grim nor any other mod has the power to change the title of a GM's post thus the resolved can not be changed. Atm as i type this its 5:06 AM EST thus making it 2:06 AM PST. At this time most of America is asleep which includes frankie which means theres not many ppl at PWE HQ outside the night crew which are probably just technicians who stay on stand by to handle the servers physical emergencies. As it stands, everyones issue will not be adressed until about 7am-8am PST which I assume is when frankie will be in. Sorry about all the loses that occured and teh charms being pwnt but if you wanna blame anyone blame the **** thats launching the DDoS's. So for now just go find something else to do and this problem will be addressed in 5-6 hours.

well thats an 24/7 game or i miss something?

an 24/7 game with an prolly 10/6 ONE admin then can fix hard issue?

thats make me really big sad like i never did in my life

i really hope thats not true or its an insult to evreyone play and pay real money for that game .....

all game can have hard issue then will be addressed in hours or days but plz dont say me then its normal then an morpg can have only one admin then can solve it ... its just crazy and so stupid
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Or until the culprits are traced and shut down.

Depends on how much time and effort PWE is willing to put into this.

This isn't the first time that online games have been targeted by such attacks.

It isnt about repairing the servers, folks. Its about catching the guys causing it.

I just hope that they aren't causing irreparable damage to the servers. That would not be a good thing :-/

I don't know how well aware you are of the fact that it's next to impossible to actually track where the command came from is. Remote access logs can trigger the attacks.

Finding the actual source of the DoS is certainly do-able. Tracking the person(s) responsible? not so much.

Edit: Also, initiating a DoS attack is stupidly simple.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Depends on how much time and effort PWE is willing to put into this.

If they are willing to put as much time and effort into this issue as they are fixing bugs like boomeranging, etc...

... or responding to the community about their concerns (i.e. guild bases, etc)...

... then certainly we have nothing to worry about at all.

b:lipcurl
  • Ibiza - Dreamweaver
    Ibiza - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just wonder if we are going to dc and be unable to log during 2x, and this is just a thought, but so many days of massive dcs and, and only 3 days of 2x? i dont think that's fair, specially when it starts tomorrow and it looks like we are going to have same issues, 3 days is better than nothing but i'd ask you guys to reconsider this, and since probably we are just going to have only 3 days anyways, i'd like to add that nobody is going to be happy when we can't be online half of day this weekend
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    second crash in 1 hour... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:cryb:cry now again lol.. did it laste 20-30 min? D:
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If they are willing to put as much time and effort into this issue as they are fixing bugs like boomeranging, etc...

... or responding to the community about their concerns (i.e. guild bases, etc)...

... then certainly we have nothing to worry about at all.

b:lipcurl

I lol'd. Congrats to being the one to cause my first laugh of the day! b:thanks
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Time to play another game while this is fixed.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • /zus - Dreamweaver149
    /zus - Dreamweaver149 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol again....
    I want a whole week of x2 now
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey all,

The East Coast Servers (Harshlands, Dreamweaver, Raging Tide) are currently having some issues-- players are getting disconnected and unable to log in. We're looking at it right now and we're working as quickly as we can to resolve the issue.

Thanks for your patience, and we'll definitely be doing something to make this up to you, loyal inhabitants of our eastern colonies!

Update( 3/23/11 ): Servers have been brought back up and stabilized. We are deeply sorry about the inconvenience, and as a thank you for sticking with us, we're going to turn on 2x EXP/Spirit/Drops this weekend!

So starting Friday 3/25 at Noon PST, and ending on Monday 3/28 at Noon PST, you guys will get the full 2x treatment :)

GrimReaperHC/ Update ( 3/24/11 ) : It seems that the East Coast Servers are down again. Please keep on posting here. Hopefully everything will be fixed soon.

The servers are still booting us. I hope u fix this as quick as possible!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Earthria - Lost City
    Earthria - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since all the other PWE games (JD, FW, BoI) have clarified about the server DDoS attacks, I think that Frankie should just come out and say it instead of keeping people guessing.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since all the other PWE games (JD, FW, BoI) have clarified about the server DDoS attacks, I think that Frankie should just come out and say it instead of keeping people guessing.

There's a quote frankie acknowledged that it is in fact a DDoS attack. A few pages back.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Earthria - Lost City
    Earthria - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oh I guess I didn't read through all the pages. Maybe he can update the front page then.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Im not gonna lie, I find this kinda stuff fascinating. I'm very interested in how PWE is going to approach this.
  • DeadlyShots - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyShots - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011

That what i am asking in separate thread to get clear statement not just " It seems that the East Coast Servers are down again."

Some nice communication between customer's and GM's would be awesome but this dont work in here ..

Never saw staff so silent and cagey like in this game. Thats my opinion.b:shutupb:surrender
  • DeadlyShots - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyShots - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There's a quote frankie acknowledged that it is in fact a DDoS attack. A few pages back.

i didn't read all the spam .. i wouldn't .. why should i SEARCH for answer as a customer ? they should give us CLEAR one ... QQb:shocked
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    That what i am asking in separate thread to get clear statement not just " It seems that the East Coast Servers are down again."

Some nice communication between customer's and GM's would be awesome but this dont work in here ..

Never saw staff so silent and cagey like in this game. Thats my opinion.b:shutupb:surrender

Welcome to Perfect World International, where the gamers know more than the staff.
  • Lianxiang - Heavens Tear
    Lianxiang - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are 2x spirit/exp/drops only for the East Coast Server or for West too ?
    Theres the same Problems of mass DCing, not able to login and problems like these.
    Assassin - Level 9x (Demon
    LA Venomancer - Level 9x (Sage)
    Archer - Level 9x (Sage)
    Barbarian - Level 7x
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Welcome to Perfect World International, where the gamers know more than the staff.

OR! newsflash!! he's not at work yet. it's frickin' 7.30am.

jesus christ..
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are 2x spirit/exp/drops only for the East Coast Server or for West too ?
    Theres the same Problems of mass DCing, not able to login and problems like these.

All servers. Somewhere in the first few pages Frankie said so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    OR! newsflash!! he's not at work yet. it's frickin' 7.30am.

jesus christ..

well mr. smartypants...we knew about the DDoS attacks before frankie even posted the bulletin.

someone is a gwumpy panda...awwww b:cute
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At least west district isn't to laggy b:avoid
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is really getting rediculous....

logged in about 15 minutes ago, went into BH 3-3, then suddenly got ping registering at 34K !

logged out, ping fine, reinvited...15 seconds later ping going up ...AGAIN.

Either the game networks suck big time, or their security sucks bigtime, or the admins don't know how to solve the problem for now...

Hope this **** won't happen when the 2x starts....would be another hilarious moment in pwi history b:angry

and i don't need to be a panda do be friggin grumpy.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is really getting rediculous....

logged in about 15 minutes ago, went into BH 3-3, then suddenly got ping registering at 34K !

logged out, ping fine, reinvited...15 seconds later ping going up ...AGAIN.

Either the game networks suck big time, or their security sucks bigtime, or the admins don't know how to solve the problem for now...

Hope this **** won't happen when the 2x starts....would be another hilarious moment in pwi history b:angry

and i don't need to be a panda do be friggin grumpy.

PWI has N O T H I N G to do with the servers (other then using them). The host of the servers (ISP) is being DDoS attacked, which is their full responsibility to find out who is flooding the servers and getting law enforcement involved to arrest them / get them to stop. PWI is pretty much in our boat, just have to wait and see.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Darkwound - Harshlands
    Darkwound - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Okay i dced for my 8th time today and cant log back in.. Just wanted to let u guys know. And as it stands i spent 20 dollars a week on gold for this game. And until this situation is remedied. I'm not gunna spend anymore money. I know you guys are trying to figure it out. And I do appreciate it. But same as my cable company if im spending money on something I expect it to work. So maybe in a month if its been stable ill spend some money.
    I played WoW for 4 years. And if are servers went down they gave us the time we lost added to are accounts. I invest way more money in this then I ever did WoW. Because i enjoy the game and the people. I hope that you guys can get this fixed soon. Cause im sick of getting charm *****. and it being a waste of my money. cause 2x drops doesnt pay for that.
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Again this nonsence b:sad
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    first dc in middle of pk, pro ****
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • /zus - Dreamweaver150
    /zus - Dreamweaver150 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    god PWI fix ur damn **** im srsly tired of it, i got DCd twice this morning WTF is wrong.
    I want a damn week of x2

sorry im pissed but theres a damn limit.
    Fix it
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    3rd time for me now in 3 hours. >.< between second and 3rd like 1,5 hour.. lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well what can I say here... I'm both glad and worried to hear the issue isn't an in house only problem for PWE.

Kinda nice to know they aren't just failing so hard they can't figure out how to keep their own servers running, but ddos attacks aren't always quickly fixed either b:sad

Guess I'll hope for the best, and for that matter hope someone does actually receive punishment for this kinda garbage (however unlikely that may be).

Future note though: Passing on the truth to your playerbase holds more weight than responding to us asking mid thread. IMO, when it was realized ddos attacks have occurred. You really should have just put that out there so we know your not just hitting the server reset buttion everytime it crashes hoping it fixes itself :P Ijs
This discussion has been closed.