Comments

• Gundameister - Sanctuary
    Gundameister - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sanctuary just have a mass dc a few mins ago b:shocked
  • Arvernus - Dreamweaver
    Arvernus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if the problems were resolved then y did sever go down again i dont think a weekend of drouble stuff be enough
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mass DC west coast servers thread here

It's pretty horrible.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seem the ddos still continue ? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seem the ddos still continue ? b:surrender

They may have changed info and blocked IPs doing the attack. Unfortunately it takes no time for these *** holes to regroup and start all over.

Took another game I play 3 months to end a ddos attack.

It's probably rage quitters doing this. *Looks at the this game is dead people*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't mind 1 month of 2x drops. Might be finally able to get nirvana gear. b:avoid
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Grim, directing people concerned with today's problem to a thread addressing yesterdays problems, and closing all threads concerning todays problem doesnt make any sense.

players: there is a big problem happening today
    staff: dont worry we already fixed that yesterday
    players: but its today, and there is a problem
    staff: see above, closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've lost about 40 minutes total of in-game time. This is unacceptable. I demand Full +12 R9 Set for my Seeker and Sin. >|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2x weekend... 2x of DC?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Grim, directing people concerned with today's problem to a thread addressing yesterdays problems, and closing all threads concerning todays problem doesnt make any sense.

players: there is a big problem happening today
    staff: dont worry we already fixed that yesterday
    players: but its today, and there is a problem
    staff: see above, closed.

Someone posted a link from the FW forums saying that there is a DDOS attack Against PWE. So yesterdays problems are that same as todays. Since the servers for all games are probably located at the same two locations all are probably being affected.

Still it's a contunuation of the day times issues so it does make sense.

Makes sense that they would end up going after west coast and site too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, since the threads related to LC were closed and pointed at the HT thread, which was then closed and pointed here, are we to assume that we now all play on East Coast servers and our problems ongoing at this moment were solved yesterday?

If so, please get on my faction's voice chat and listen to the chorus of simultaneous "DCed again!" b:cry

It's happening to a half dozen people at once each time. Like literally simultaneous.

I really wanted to ding 90 before bed. Wasn't terribly feasible, but now that I can't even log in... b:cry

(Mods, since you're pointing the multitude of "this is happening NOW!!!!111111111" threads to this one, could one of you change the "[RESOLVED]" to "[ONGOING]" and perhaps remove the "East Coast" part?)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2x weekend... 2x of DC?

*Tickles your furry barb tummy*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Someone posted a link from the FW forums saying that there is a DDOS attack Against PWE. So yesterdays problems are that same as todays. Since the servers for all games are probably located at the same two locations all are probably being affected.

Still it's a contunuation of the day times issues so it does make sence.

as it has been pointed out, since the problem has clearly not been resolved, directing people to a thread that states the problem has been resolved, doesnt make any sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *Tickles your furry barb tummy*

*Puurrrs*

I lost count how many times I've DCed tonight since reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    as it has been pointed out, since the problem has clearly not been resolved, directing people to a thread that states the problem has been resolved, doesnt make any sense.

Especially since the west coast servers are also being effected, so this thread seems a poor place to direct people for those issues. .__.

Change the title and fix the problem please. b:surrender My private server is also under DOS attacks so I thought I'd at least be safer here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited March 2011

Chances are grim can't get rid of the resolved thing. Don't know what the settings are for mods editing GM post. It will probably be changed as soon as someone can get ahold of Frankie. Unfortunately all employees of PWE (Excluding the few they keep around at night) are in bed right now.

It does make sense. Grim has obviously noted that the servers are still broke and stuff will be dealt with when the A team climbs out of bed. Just because it may be day time where you are doesn't mean that PWE is at work. Have patience.

Grim is just doing his job keeping the forums clean and sending everyone to the thread concerning the issue. Same thing happened when Jone's and DQ broke. All new threads was closed and directed to the stickied thread. Once Frankie got to work the resolved was removed.

Also cheaking the other games we are not the only ones haveing issues. Takeing forever tho with how carppy the site is running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So... All of the West Coast servers have been completely inaccessible for the past hour now, and I have been completely unable to even get on the forums at all, along with the PWE website.

Sounds like they're kicking it up a notch?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've sent another e-mail to Frankie. Hopefully everything will be fixed soon.
    edited March 2011
    Oh **** poor Frankie. He is an admin on another game too.

BTW You all have maint on most of your other games tonight. You couldn't take the time to work on ours too?

I might as well take this time to install all the PWE games I've downloaded and never reinstalled after restoring my OS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was planning to work on my baby seeker tonight and get her to 30 before her temporary kite ran out. Looks like she's gonna be hoofing it for a while. b:sad

So what happens when the weekend rolls around and the issues aren't resolved? We get 2x for a week?
    edited March 2011
    Oh **** poor Frankie. He is an admin on another game too.

BTW You all have maint on most of your other games tonight. You couldn't take the time to work on ours too?

Maint won't help...

A DDoS attack is external, not some jerk spilling Coffee on the keyboard...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited March 2011
    Maint won't help...

A DDoS attack is external, not some jerk spilling Coffee on the keyboard...

Lol I know. But I like doing cube right after maint b4 the claps rooms get messed up.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I do not DC. on a regular basis as some of our International counterparts do. They say "welcome to our world". Still, even as they DC. regularly, I blame thier actual physical distance from the server for this. As I live in range of about 160-320 ping I do not experience DC. but ever so rarely.

Our foreign friends DC. regularly, so they are used to such things. For me it has rendered the game unplayable. It has been happening on such a frequency, I cant even get from one side of Archosaur to the other without getting DC.. I can't quest, I can't do Bounty Hunter, I can't do Frost Covered City, I just can't do anything that requires killing lest I get killed. I can't even do crazy stone without DC.. My faction members are in particularly bad shape too.

To make matters worse this post is the only one left open to talk in and it doesn't have a title that matches my situation. The over zealous mods continuously close down posts specifically related to the topic. I see links going from post to post, so many I had four windows open with posts still not matching my specific problem. The final one was a link to a single post telling me all servers will have the two times experience/spirit/drops going on this weekend. That is not a topic, it's not even a solution. It is restitution.

Obviously, you can see the server I use by looking to the left there under my picture. This happens to be a West coast server. Yet here I am on a East coast server post making my complaint. I ask myself, I ask you, why am I forced to make my comment about the issue I am having on a post that seemingly has nothing to do with the problem I am having?

I have the answer to this....Irresponsible moderators. I have seen time and time again, Instances where the PWI moderators are closing helpful posts, old or not. This is only the latest action of the moderators to aggravate the community. To make it so that I must have four (if I'm lucky) windows open to investigate the issues currently plaguing the game, is irresponsible at best, and entirely caused by bad moderation.

What I say everyone should do, instead of creating a post in a thread that has nothing to do with your issue, make your own thread. Make hundreds of them, thousands, until they get a clue.

All such posts could be avoided by allowing one thread with the proper title to exist, then followed by one post by admin again explaining to the appropriate crowd in that thread with pertinent information alleviating the fears and concerns of this particular problem.

This concept is not that hard to grasp. Essentially they have created two problems out of one problem. Way to go moderators.
    edited March 2011
    I do not DC. on a regular basis as some of our International counterparts do. They say "welcome to our world". Still, even as they DC. regularly, I blame thier actual physical distance from the server for this. As I live in range of about 160-320 ping I do not experience DC. but ever so rarely.

Our foreign friends DC. regularly, so they are used to such things. For me it has rendered the game unplayable. It has been happening on such a frequency, I cant even get from one side of Archosaur to the other without getting DC.. I can't quest, I can't do Bounty Hunter, I can't do Frost Covered City, I just can't do anything that requires killing lest I get killed. I can't even do crazy stone without DC.. My faction members are in particularly bad shape too.

To make matters worse this post is the only one left open to talk in and it doesn't have a title that matches my situation. The over zealous mods continuously close down posts specifically related to the topic. I see links going from post to post, so many I had four windows open with posts still not matching my specific problem. The final one was a link to a single post telling me all servers will have the two times experience/spirit/drops going on this weekend. That is not a topic, it's not even a solution. It is restitution.

Obviously, you can see the server I use by looking to the left there under my picture. This happens to be a West coast server. Yet here I am on a East coast server post making my complaint. I ask myself, I ask you, why am I forced to make my comment about the issue I am having on a post that seemingly has nothing to do with the problem I am having?

I have the answer to this....Irresponsible moderators. I have seen time and time again, Instances where the PWI moderators are closing helpful posts, old or not. This is only the latest action of the moderators to aggravate the community. To make it so that I must have four (if I'm lucky) windows open to investigate the issues currently plaguing the game, is irresponsible at best, and entirely caused by bad moderation.

What I say everyone should do, instead of creating a post in a thread that has nothing to do with your issue, make your own thread. Make hundreds of them, thousands, until they get a clue.

All such posts could be avoided by allowing one thread with the proper title to exist, then followed by one post by admin again explaining to the appropriate crowd in that thread with pertinent information alleviating the fears and concerns of this particular problem.

This concept is not that hard to grasp. Essentially they have created two problems out of one problem. Way to go moderators.

WTH, are you going to law school? b:shocked

I do agree... The 'resolved' bit needs to be 'disappeared', Soviet style, from the thread title, as does the 'East Coast Server Issue' bit.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok for all those complaining about being redirected here the reason is cause the east coast experienced the EXACT same problem in the EXACT same ways thus the odds of the problem being the same is extremely high. Also grim nor any other mod has the power to change the title of a GM's post thus the resolved can not be changed. Atm as i type this its 5:06 AM EST thus making it 2:06 AM PST. At this time most of America is asleep which includes frankie which means theres not many ppl at PWE HQ outside the night crew which are probably just technicians who stay on stand by to handle the servers physical emergencies. As it stands, everyones issue will not be adressed until about 7am-8am PST which I assume is when frankie will be in. Sorry about all the loses that occured and teh charms being pwnt but if you wanna blame anyone blame the **** thats launching the DDoS's. So for now just go find something else to do and this problem will be addressed in 5-6 hours.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thread name and Frankie's post edited. As I mentioned I've sent an email to Frankie. I really hope everything will be fixed soon. b:surrender
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Good luck Frankie.
    Might become a long work . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @The new title "East Coast Server Issues"

I've only had a few issues playing a short while ago where I had severe lag surges, but I strongly believed it was just something on my end since no one else reacted to it. Aside from that, DW has been fine in the last few hours.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm good luck getting this fixed guys, I wish you the best b:victory

Sanctuary had a few problems but seems to be working fine for me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *sighs*

HT is starting a new challenge .. Who can stay logged in the longest ... Dc after Dc after DC

Going be fun trying to Tw if they don't fix this asap ...

Weekend of x2 to compensate .. I think the GM's need to rethink that timeframe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.