Any votes to make Cragglord permanent?

Comments

• Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so many people think that if mystic has a permant cragglord that mystic's would be OP. i don't think so for one we burn though mana like no tomorrow, yes he's powerful but isn't a herc and a nix? three i don't think a mystic should be punished for reaching 59. i was really excited about getting cragglord and then worthless 20 seconds of kill a single mob or helping kill a boss. And thats another thing it's not just a skill it's a summon which means when it goes away we have to summon one of our useful summon's wasteing mana that we need. so yeah OP bull, get rid of the herc and the nix and then i'll consider it fair.

If we had a permanent cragglord, we would burn through MP like a 12 inch steel door. Why use skills when you have a pet that can 2-shot mobs your level?
    A herc/nix also costs $200 more or less. We get our Cragglord for 120k in game coins and 87k spirit... Kinda unfair to compare the two.
    Since when is getting something new that you never had before (no matter how bad it may be) a punishment? It's not like you're forced to use him on every cooldown.
    Read the next post, though I do agree that having to waste more MP afterward does kind of suck, but hey, it comes with the territory.

EDIT: Wow, purdy rainbow post. o-o
    the best way to think of cragglord is as a 20second DoT skill. its not a pet in the traditional sense imo. you would have gotten the same effect if cragglord was a high damaging 20 second DoT.

That's basically the way I see it, too. Though it's more like a multi-hit AoE with DoT added. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Cragglord in gamma is freaking OP, seriously he does like 20k+ on the mobs in there once you get the auras up and running, cragglord is pure win in there, and 20 secs is more than enough time to get most, if not all of the mobs :).

not sure if its that related to what's being discussed, but in my opinion you don't need something to be permanent when it can do stuff like what i just mentioned above.

(also just to mention, summons are effected by all the auras, so are plants, this includes mp/hp auras).
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    (also just to mention, summons are effected by all the auras, so are plants, this includes mp/hp auras).

Awesome, so they are like veno pets in there, good to know. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cragglord is fine the way it is. we already have enuf unblanced factors in this game, no need to add more. the damage that summon makes is too high to make it permenat. besides what 2 spark skill you know of that that stays in effect for as long as the users wants (not counting zhen skills) extending the staying time is also a no go. mystics can build up chi fast. to have that summon out for over a minute is pretty much promising that it will be a permanent summon. if you don't hae enuf sparks to summon it by the time it despels, then you won't be too far off. so no.

for this summon to be permanent, it would need to be nerfed.
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would like to see this summon become a 30-sec summon instead of 20, but yeah, permanent would be seriously overpowered. I got mine yesterday finally and he can seriously dish out some damage. b:cute
  • VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver
    VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't use my Cragglord that often, mainly because the 2Sparks could be used for something else... I'm used to playing a veno and attempting to hold at least 1 spark for when people cry for sparks... Yeah I know, mystic can't give sparks, but that's still embedded in my mind.

But Mystic already tear through MP, why not make Crag like BOA/BB/Seeker AOE and just have him tick your Mana while he's out. Seems kind of fair to me.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Make him permanent for mad lulz.

Strong, protect and claw on him.

The World Boss one summon regiment.
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i say lower his attack by ALOT. mabey make him just as stronge as devil, but slightly slower in attacking. take out the spark to summon mabey 50 chi. and perm. i hate the fact that we have to rush to use his skills. and if u lag for even a bit durring that summon time the cragglord can be completely useless
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    Zelatoth - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If we had a permanent cragglord, we would burn through MP like a 12 inch steel door. Why use skills when you have a pet that can 2-shot mobs your level?
    A herc/nix also costs $200 more or less. We get our Cragglord for 120k in game coins and 87k spirit... Kinda unfair to compare the two.
    Since when is getting something new that you never had before (no matter how bad it may be) a punishment? It's not like you're forced to use him on every cooldown.
    Read the next post, though I do agree that having to waste more MP afterward does kind of suck, but hey, it comes with the territory.

EDIT: Wow, purdy rainbow post. o-o

fine then if he's that powerful which honestly i think it's worthless right now. how about a skill book we have to buy like the veno's to make him permant? you can't really argue with someone that paid just around $200 to get the thing permant.
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    fine then if he's that powerful which honestly i think it's worthless right now. how about a skill book we have to buy like the veno's to make him permant? you can't really argue with someone that paid just around $200 to get the thing permant.

I'm sorry, but have you actually TRIED using Cragglord? your logic just seems bizarre. Go try Cragglord out in pvp and you will see just how powerful it is. If it is made permanent then it will basically be the APS of 2011, effective in both pve and pvp...Just, no.
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver
    VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i say lower his attack by ALOT. mabey make him just as stronge as devil, but slightly slower in attacking. take out the spark to summon mabey 50 chi. and perm. i hate the fact that we have to rush to use his skills. and if u lag for even a bit durring that summon time the cragglord can be completely useless

:/ True about the lag. For some reason it seems like my Mystic's skill lag me hardcore if I take a break in attacks to like sell drops or something.b:angry
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Have you even used him? O.o Yeah, the time is short, and should probably be increased by a little, but he puts out a ton of damage in the 20s he's out, even at level 1. In order to make him permanent, you'd have to gimp his stats and his damage by a lot, to compensate. I much prefer the stronger, timed version.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Skill damage is insane on 150 bosses at level 1. Well worth the 2 sparks tbh, and 20 seconds seems to be long enough. Of course longer would be nice, but remember, it's a "skill" that badsically does A LOT of damage overtime. And i don't have to transfuse my mana to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    edited March 2011
    mabey they should make a new mystic summon that is simmillar to the cragglord with the hp, but without the massive damage. make it a lvl 69 summon or 72 somthing of those sortsb:laugh
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    i still thinks it's an insult to be only 20 sec. some people have called him a DoT skill because of that and if thats the case make him a DoT skill becuase he's worthless as a summon. there's no point 20 sec's is enough time to show him off and thats all he's good for. ever hear of wall prettys? there weapon's thats only purpose is to look good and thats what cragglord is. he may look cool but beyond that just a wall pretty at the end of the day.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The cragglords first skill is a DoT it self after its punched the mob, the higher the cragglord summon skill, the more DoT it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    Daltia - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wouldn't call it an insult by any means....he is a superpower and unbelivably strong for level. you don't have another skill on your character than can do his kind of damage in that 20 second time-frame (for me, it's usually in the neighborhood of 30-50k damage when he's done, depending on the situation he's used in.)

I'll concede I'd like to have more defense on Devil, make him better at tanking...but I think Cragglord would be too much....has anyone compared Cragg's stats to an equal level herc?
    edited March 2011
    wouldn't call it an insult by any means....he is a superpower and unbelivably strong for level. you don't have another skill on your character than can do his kind of damage in that 20 second time-frame (for me, it's usually in the neighborhood of 30-50k damage when he's done, depending on the situation he's used in.)

I'll concede I'd like to have more defense on Devil, make him better at tanking...but I think Cragglord would be too much....has anyone compared Cragg's stats to an equal level herc?

u can make the devil a tanking pet, but they can also make a new pet ment for tanking >,>
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i still thinks it's an insult to be only 20 sec. some people have called him a DoT skill because of that and if thats the case make him a DoT skill becuase he's worthless as a summon. there's no point 20 sec's is enough time to show him off and thats all he's good for. ever hear of wall prettys? there weapon's thats only purpose is to look good and thats what cragglord is. he may look cool but beyond that just a wall pretty at the end of the day.

Right (b:laugh)
    It's like more efficient if cragglord just become mystic skill rather than a summon, especially because he come out just to do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    while out and about killing mobs i decided to give cragglord another shot instead of say useing a useful skill like thicket. summoned him, sent him out while transceferring mana, killed 2 mobs and then was gone me without mana and no mana to summon with. so yeah i still think he is a worthless wall pretty.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Cragglord doesn't require any mp to use skills.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Cragglord doesn't require any mp to use skills.

decided to test that and yes it's true but considering all the the other useful skills i use chi and sparks on cragglord is still a wall pretty.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i disagree with you. you can use cragglords AOE at least 2 times, if u time it right 3 times. and his other skill is a DMG over time skill as well as a DD skill. its not even comparable to thicket or a 2 spark burst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
    edited March 2011
    at most this summon could be allowed 5-10 seconds more it it's summoning time not a second more. i find it amusing that some would say crag is just a pretty wall when it outright out damages thicket (a 2 spark skill that needs mana to boot) in ONE attack. and then turn around and call thicket more useful. i just got this summon a few hours ago and my belive still holds firm. this summon shouldn't be permanent, and it never will be. pwe would lose sales due to ppl rolling mystics instead of buying nixs.

look at what your getting for a 2 spark skill. a summon that out damages all your other skills per attack. it's like your actually using 2-3 two spark skills for the cos of 1 WITHOUT mana. sit down and really think about it people. this summon doesn't need to last longer, if it does it needs it's attack lowered.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    You still see him as useless because he's not meant to be used in regular grinding situations. He wastes too much of his 20s running between mobs. You'd be much better off double sparking to get a little MP back.

But try dueling someone your level with him, or using him on a boss, where he dominates, and come back to us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZanteSoul - Heavens Tear
    ZanteSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think they made the Cragglord a timed pet because they didn't want Mystic's to replace Venomancers. After all, most Venomancers will buy a Phoenix or Herc which makes PWE money. However, 20 seconds isn't enough to really do anything... I'd love to use Cragglord to tank the lower level FB bosses. So, how about we try this?

OPTION ONE: make the Cragglord permanent BUT make it so it's skills use MP

OPTION TWO: keep it just the way it is but make it last 1 minute (with 2minute cooldown) or 2 minutes with 3 minute cooldown. I'd even be fine with a 5 minute cooldown.

Maybe they could nerf it for PvP like they did with Soul Absorb (where it does less damage to players than to monsters)
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I think they made the Cragglord a timed pet because they didn't want Mystic's to replace Venomancers. After all, most Venomancers will buy a Phoenix or Herc which makes PWE money. However, 20 seconds isn't enough to really do anything... I'd love to use Cragglord to tank the lower level FB bosses. So, how about we try this?

OPTION TWO: keep it just the way it is but make it last 1 minute (with 2minute cooldown) or 2 minutes with 3 minute cooldown

Maybe even nerf it for PvP like they did with Soul Absorb (where it does less damage to players than to monsters)
    Discuss.

ANSWER ONE: Unless they made each skill cost 2k+ mp, it would still be far too OP

ANSWER TWO: Still way too long. Seriously, why don't you just come out and say "I want Cragglord to be permanent so I can be OP and do everything"

I honestly don't see why you have such a problem with him being 20s. Almost every other post in here has said that he's fine just the way he is. If you REALLY don't like that he only lasts 20s, then don't use him, and don't level him. Simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011

OPTION TWO: keep it just the way it is but make it last 1 minute (with 2minute cooldown) or 2 minutes with 3 minute cooldown. I'd even be fine with a 5 minute cooldown.

Maybe they could nerf it for PvP like they did with Soul Absorb (where it does less damage to players than to monsters)

AGAIN look at the fact that this summon uses 2 POWERFUL attack during it's summon time with NO MANA COST. and put into acount that it out damages other skills. in addtion to that you, the caster, willl be casting spells of your own. any mob thtat's fighting this thing dies in short order. the 2 (or 3 if you play your cards right) attacks already outdamages the other skills you have even the thicket.

jsut like my barrage of arrows, this summon is a skill that seems to be geared for tougher mobs (or for lols). altho it's called a summon, i think it could be considered a skill.

1. if they make crag permanent, they need to nerf it in some ways, reduce the damage (and i get the feeling you just want it out longer while it keeps the damage as it is)they would need to do this AND add mana cost.

2. can you explain Exactly why this summon should last longer? it seems to me all you want is to be able to use this for normal grinding like a nix. as i said, it out preforms the otehr 2 spark skill. how is using this summon any diffrent than using thicket? aside from the fact that you only get one attack when you use thicket where as you get 2 or more when you use crag. this is almost the same as asking for sparks to last for a minute
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    at most this summon could be allowed 5-10 seconds more it it's summoning time not a second more. i find it amusing that some would say crag is just a pretty wall when it outright out damages thicket (a 2 spark skill that needs mana to boot) in ONE attack. and then turn around and call thicket more useful. i just got this summon a few hours ago and my belive still holds firm. this summon shouldn't be permanent, and it never will be. pwe would lose sales due to ppl rolling mystics instead of buying nixs.

look at what your getting for a 2 spark skill. a summon that out damages all your other skills per attack. it's like your actually using 2-3 two spark skills for the cos of 1 WITHOUT mana. sit down and really think about it people. this summon doesn't need to last longer, if it does it needs it's attack lowered.
    i think i'll agree with you. with cragglord being the new herc/nix theres no need to buy battle pet packs anymore... that will go down the drain but yet again they still got their pack sales.

EDIT: nix will always be the best pvp pet even if cragglord is permanent because:
    a) it moves faster than cragglord
    b) no need for sparks
    c) well... it's just awesome
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011

the things skills may not cost mana but the skill to summon still does. and thicket is more useful becuase it has a high chance to Freeze and Silence the targat and i still have a summon compared to cragglord who costs mana to summon does his thing what little there is and then i have to use more mana to summon a useful summon. it wouldn't be a big deal if they got rid of the huge mana drain mystics have but i waste less mana using thicket and all the other skills that cost chi and get better results.