Any votes to make Cragglord permanent?

Comments

• Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    Zelatoth - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    is it really that hard to make him permant alot of people complain about pvp which i don't do but just make it do less damage to players by say 2/3 and normal damage to mobs and if you really want to keep complianing becuase i know alot of you like killing each other make it's skills do even less damage to players and full on for mobs and if you still think thats OP for the pve crowd like my-self then nerf the power by say 1/5 or lower. but i'm sure someone out there is gonna have something to say that they don't like becuase they want to be OP. so yeah maybe i just want him permant so i can show my lvl i'll admit that i don't care if they nerf him so much that he has normal def and the atck of salvation i just want to be able to summon him and have him. but i suppose the devs don't know how to think of idea's that people will accept otherwise there wouldn't be 7 page forum's on the topic of one skill. if he is to be a wall pretty at least let me look at him when i want to.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Making him permanent and nerfing his damage completely defeats the purpose of Cragglord. He's meant for a short burst of OMFGWTHBBQ damage and then he disappears, and personally, I like him better that way.

If you want to flaunt your level, wear your armor around everywhere. The devs don't have to nerf an entire skill just so you can make yourself look pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Making him permanent and nerfing his damage completely defeats the purpose of Cragglord. He's meant for a short burst of OMFGWTHBBQ damage and then he disappears, and personally, I like him better that way.

If you want to flaunt your level, wear your armor around everywhere. The devs don't have to nerf an entire skill just so you can make yourself look pretty.

did i say nerf him him fully no i said nerf him for pvp i was just making a point i'm gonna guess that your a pvp player who gotten bored with the game so the only thing you can think to do is kill other players. and i've never cared about armor or weapons. ever hear of a game called **** i still be playing if my account hadn't got **** but they have a class called spiritmaster which reminds alot of the mystic. what they did make each summon have a purpose wind was DD, earth was a tank, fire was a balance between the 2 and water was ranged. this game the devil atck, storm mistress magic atck, salvation support, and cragglord i thought was going to be the tank high def with decent atck but no they made him a 20 sec DOT skill becuase they thought players needed a OP summon for a short time? thats just bad design i know the game is free but considering how much money people pour into the cash shops i'm sure they have enough to think of idea's that work well and not just make an OP summon that last 20 sec's.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    did i say nerf him him fully no i said nerf him for pvp i was just making a point i'm gonna guess that your a pvp player who gotten bored with the game so the only thing you can think to do is kill other players. and i've never cared about armor or weapons. ever hear of a game called **** i still be playing if my account hadn't got **** but they have a class called spiritmaster which reminds alot of the mystic. what they did make each summon have a purpose wind was DD, earth was a tank, fire was a balance between the 2 and water was ranged. this game the devil atck, storm mistress magic atck, salvation support, and cragglord i thought was going to be the tank high def with decent atck but no they made him a 20 sec DOT skill becuase they thought players needed a OP summon for a short time? thats just bad design i know the game is free but considering how much money people pour into the cash shops i'm sure they have enough to think of idea's that work well and not just make an OP summon that last 20 sec's.

You should learn not to guess. It makes you look like a fool. b:chuckle I personally hate PvP ever since sins were released. And no, I haven't heard of a game called four asterisks.

My point still stands, you seem to be the only person here who has a big problem with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    You should learn not to guess. It makes you look like a fool. b:chuckle I personally hate PvP ever since sins were released. And no, I haven't heard of a game called four asterisks.

My point still stands, you seem to be the only person here who has a big problem with it.

i have problem with it becuase i hate seeing bad design and seen other game game do it better simple as that. each summon has a purpose save cragglord. thats all i'm saying.
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    can someone explain to me why people ***** and complain over the simpliest things? of all the things that need to be done in this game, people are going to run off and suggest (futilely) to change something like a skill. really guys come on. having craglord at 20s ain't THAT bad and no one is putting a gun to your head to use it. there are many skills people don't use and they play their classes just fine. if you feel that this summon is not worth it then just don't use it is as simple as that
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have problem with it becuase i hate seeing bad design and seen other game game do it better simple as that. each summon has a purpose save cragglord. thats all i'm saying.

I'm trying to figure out what the bad design is. The 3 perm summons aren't really all that strong. They have their moments, sure, but they really aren't at a level of a herc or nix. The Cragglord seems to be there to provide an extra boost at that level to help a mystic through stuff (pve and pvp) that wouldn't otherwise be possible.

Given that such a summon would completely overshadow all the other summons, it was made temp. Look at the veno forum, herc and nix have completely overshadowed the myriad of rare and non-rare pets out there. Cragglord as a temp summon averts that for the mystic.

I know I would enjoy a strong defensive tank for mystics, but I don't see how the lack of it is necessarily a bad design.
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    is it really that hard to make him permant alot of people complain about pvp which i don't do but just make it do less damage to players by say 2/3 and normal damage to mobs and if you really want to keep complianing becuase i know alot of you like killing each other make it's skills do even less damage to players and full on for mobs and if you still think thats OP for the pve crowd like my-self then nerf the power by say 1/5 or lower. but i'm sure someone out there is gonna have something to say that they don't like becuase they want to be OP. so yeah maybe i just want him permant so i can show my lvl i'll admit that i don't care if they nerf him so much that he has normal def and the atck of salvation i just want to be able to summon him and have him. but i suppose the devs don't know how to think of idea's that people will accept otherwise there wouldn't be 7 page forum's on the topic of one skill. if he is to be a wall pretty at least let me look at him when i want to.

If you want a completely useless summon just to show off to people, roll a veno and tame one of the many cool-looking 7x+ pets. I'd rather have a useful burst damage summon than a useless one that's just for looks. If I want a pet for looks, I'll invest in an all-class pet.

If you have such a problem with it, as others have said, simply don't use it. But saying it's a bad design is awfully wrong. It's very amazing burst damage in instances if you actually use it.
    b:bye
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011

Cragglord's purpose is to deliver high spike damage over 20 seconds.

Here, just to make you happy, I went and did a little test with the Ancient Sea Dragon.

Each test was 20 seconds long (I used a stopwatch for the first two, and just kept going till Cragg died on the third

2xSpark NV spam with level 10 Devil spamming Folding Strike: 100,719 dmg
    Level 1 Thicket followed by NV spam with a level 10 Devil spamming Folding Strike: 105,950 dmg
    NV spam with a level 1 Cragglord spamming skills (I believe he got 5 skills out): 140,221 dmg

Cragglord is better for killing single targets, nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cragglord i thought was going to be the tank high def with decent atck but no they made him a 20 sec DOT skill becuase they thought players needed a OP summon for a short time? thats just bad design i know the game is free but considering how much money people pour into the cash shops i'm sure they have enough to think of idea's that work well and not just make an OP summon that last 20 sec's.

Just quoting here. From this, it sounds like you think it's bad design because the summon isn't what you expected it to be. Plenty of other people in this thread (I read all of it) were fine with it how it is now, or maybe a 5-10 second increase in duration, so I don't think it's bad design, just one that you disagree with. For an example of bad design from PWI, I'd point to the rubberband glitch (if someone wants to defend that glitch, I'd actually find that interesting to see lol).
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Just quoting here. From this, it sounds like you think it's bad design because the summon isn't what you expected it to be. Plenty of other people in this thread (I read all of it) were fine with it how it is now, or maybe a 5-10 second increase in duration, so I don't think it's bad design, just one that you disagree with. For an example of bad design from PWI, I'd point to the rubberband glitch (if someone wants to defend that glitch, I'd actually find that interesting to see lol).

there a differnce between bad design and good design the glitch not being part of it thats a bug that just need to be fixed design comes down to how things work and what things look like did a good job on the look but he doesn't fit with the rest of the summon's. i've already said what each summons role is before and then there's cragglord if someone can tell me what his role is save a 20 sec DoT then i'll drop the subject and not care, until then it's bad design and he needs to be a tank summon or at least give another summon that serve's as a tank. mystic summon's have everything but a tank and that is bad design for a class that summon's pets with there own roles.

And for all of you that make the veno comparsion, where nothing alike just because we have pets doesn't make us like veno's.
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    there a differnce between bad design and good design the glitch not being part of it thats a bug that just need to be fixed design comes down to how things work and what things look like did a good job on the look but he doesn't fit with the rest of the summon's. i've already said what each summons role is before and then there's cragglord if someone can tell me what his role is save a 20 sec DoT then i'll drop the subject and not care, until then it's bad design and he needs to be a tank summon or at least give another summon that serve's as a tank. mystic summon's have everything but a tank and that is bad design for a class that summon's pets with there own roles.

And for all of you that make the veno comparsion, where nothing alike just because we have pets doesn't make us like veno's.

i'm pretty sure that people said repeatedly that it's role is to inflict high spike damage over 20 secs. just because mystics have no (designated) tank summon doesn't mean it's a bad design devil can fill the role well enuf. your sounding like you want to be able to solo instances your own level or something. i can use devil and kill mobs in an instance, but naturally it would die against the bosses. it's YOU who seem to be compareing this class to venos in a way. why must this class have a tank summon (like veno) when they already do fine without. i could understand if the summons died in one hit from normal mobs but come on, the summons can take a decent beating even storm, altho she can't take nowhere near as much as devil, they can't be one-shoted by same level mobs. since they can't be one-shoted, they can be healed (yay for uber fast pet healing skill), since they can be healed, they can say alive, since they are alive, they can keep argoo, since they are keeping aggro, you are safe, since you are safe it's filling in the role of tank.

nearly everyone here agrees that mystics are fine the way they are. only you and one or 2 others can find fault in this summon. if mystics are so "badly designed" then play another class or go back to that game that has a simular class but has "good" design.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I like how he ignored my post showing how, at least in a boss situation, cragg does the most damage out of the 3 options for your double spark. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I like how he ignored my post showing how, at least in a boss situation, cragg does the most damage out of the 3 options for your double spark. b:avoid

Well, I think that Zelatoth=troll, which is why i stopped posting pages ago b:chuckle. (however it was HILARIOUS to read his comments).

And of course he ignored your valid post...its textbook is it not? b:avoid
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What if... Cragglord was a maintained channeling skill?

The Mystic has to maintain channeling, or cragglord drains 100mp a second or something like that to be fair. That will increase cragglord's duration by a lot, a charmed mystic would maintain for a while, pwi would sell more charms, and cragglord is now permanent. of course his skills now cost mp as well.
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    Daltia - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    channeling skill = no healing, no transfer of mana to pet, no anything.
    he wouldn't live that long, and you couldn't feed him mana to use skills.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    What if... Cragglord was a maintained channeling skill?

The Mystic has to maintain channeling, or cragglord drains 100mp a second or something like that to be fair. That will increase cragglord's duration by a lot, a charmed mystic would maintain for a while, pwi would sell more charms, and cragglord is now permanent. of course his skills now cost mp as well.

How would the mystic transfer MP to him if they're stuck in constant channeling though? ._.

EDIT: Aww ninja'd QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011

the **** is actually ai on....
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    Daltia - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    -hides the ninja suit-
    in any case, Cragglord is by far my favorite 2-spark, and I'd love if he were permanent, but I can't sit here with a straight face and tell you that he wouldn't be insanely overpowered...my opinions on improvements for him are small, but it isn't game-breaking for me.

I'd actually like to see changes made to the other pets made first....Devil could use more defense, Mistress would rock my world if he had a touch higher mana regen, and Salvation...well, she's just Sally...and she doesn't like to break her nails.
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if someone can tell me what his role is save a 20 sec DoT

Well, if you really want to know. The summon is for emergency purposes. It's what is called upon when the barb tank, or any tank, just bit the dust and the cleric needs time to revive. It's the summon that is called upon to make thine enemies quake with fear over the wraith of a God.

Such a thing is best not weakened to make permanent.

I'll be honest. I see quite a few design-type issues with the mystic's summons. Cragglord not being permanent is so low on that list it doesn't even rank.
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd actually like to see changes made to the other pets made first....Devil could use more defense, Mistress would rock my world if he had a touch higher mana regen, and Salvation...well, she's just Sally...and she doesn't like to break her nails.

Sage/Demon will probably improve summon stats as well as giving them 1 new skill each (cragg excluded from the new skill part...) :D.

...we can hope anyways.
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    the **** is actually ai on....

And yet somehow, I still couldn't care less. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    salvation punching rocks! my salvation punches gaurnob for 500!! lol, afterwhich salvation gets blasted away by aoes and im like **** forgot to tell it to stay in back.

But ya, cragglord is fine as it is. Just the other day, dueled a lvl 93 barb using cragglord, took barb out before he could even hit me. the dmg is enough for spikes as it is.
  • FrostSwallow - Sanctuary
    FrostSwallow - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i don't use cragglord other than some tough boss lure (without his aoe skill of course lol)...

i haven't found a real use for it
    for single damage on bosses i use storm mistress' lightning attack
    for zhen i use her lightning aoe

the time to summon (and re-summon a new pet after disappear) is time you wasted where you should deal damage instead...

it may become a problem if you attack 6-8 mobs with cragglord and after he dissappears there rage goes to you

for pvp i use devil chihyu's stun or storm mistress' lightning attack, depending on the opponent (armor, range)

i agree with those who see cragglord as a "chain skill"
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    for pvp, cragglord is nearly 1 shot for anyone equal lvl to you prior rank 7-8 gear or nirvana tt99 gear etc. assuming the guy is only refined to +5 and your running off a no refine gear, cragg can still beat him if your the same lvl.
  • Terranei - Harshlands
    Terranei - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystic
    Warning: May contain Cragglord.

I don't even have this guy yet and already I don't wanna see this guy as a perma-summon. Like everyone said, he'll be too OP and everyone will hate us. b:surrender:
    I'm a Mystical Mystic Mysticly Mysting you with my green Mystical powers of Mysticness.
    Yeah..I went there.
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would vote for cragg for like 5-10minutes atleast and if that time, cool down could be 5minutes or something. and it would be already good b:dirty
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I would vote for cragg for like 5-10minutes atleast and if that time, cool down could be 5minutes or something. and it would be already good b:dirty

No, just....no.

Can we please let this thread die, since the general consensus seems to be that it would be too imbalanced to increase his time/make him permanent?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Those who don't bother using cragglord are seriously missing out. Was dd'ing today on blackhole today, had my mistress out who did 7k per hit. But i love my cragglord and use it a lot on bosses, so pulled that out and it did 31k under HF. Seriously, on a level 150 boss, that's just gorgeous at level 90 with the **** wep i got.

I know, you got to resummon your mistress back, which costs mp, and using transference on it uses even more. But i don't give a damn about how many mp herbs i use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Alunnya - Dreamweaver
    Alunnya - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Cragglord Lv1
    20 Seconds
    2 Sparks
    Mana 1239

Spend it all for nothing substantial, I was sad, I reached level59 just to use the latest pet, but it was disappointing.

The Mystic is a good breed, has great skill's, but it's weak hit, but they are compensated if they combine skill in combat.

10, 20 or 30 minutes to summon this is sufficient, but 20 seconds is too little

b:sad
    b:cry