Any votes to make Cragglord permanent?

CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Mystic
I don't know about the other Mystic players, but I was highly depressed that the second and third summons - storm mistress and salvation could not attack for nuts. Yes, they had magic attack but it meant transferring MP into them using Transference, and Mystic skills drink enough MP as it already is.

I was completely hoping for Cragglord to be this awesome summon but alas, it lasts for only 20 seconds. Anyone wants to make it permanent? I would LOVE if it became a permanent summon!

Will anyone second my motion? :D:D
I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
Post edited by CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think it's way too strong to be permanent. Maybe increase the duration as you level it up, but even that's stretching it a little.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Salvation isn't meant to attack O.o. It's for buffs. I really like that one the way it is, though you're right about Storm Mistress eating MP like crazy.

As for Cragglord being permanent...no. If it was, then people really would have a reason to call mystics OP. Who'd need a herc veno when you could have a cragglord mystic?
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No way it will be perm....They are meant to be timed. They will be too OP with perm cragglord. Imagin a pet that can spam massive AoE for you....what will be the use of other classes's 2 sparks AoE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i agree perm would be too OP, but i do think lasting more than 20 seconds would be nice, maybe like 30-40 seconds, if not 1 minute. but that may be too long with the DMG he outputs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Perm would be way too OP.

Extended duration would still be pushing the OP boundaries (sage Cragglord supposedly makes him stay out 3s longer, yay). My gf (also level 60 mystic) and I can use our Cragglords and almost take down Krixxix in the 20s they stay out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Perm Cragglord... mp cost per skill: 75% of a lv90 mp bar....

Ok, probably not that much, but to make something like that perm, they would make us pay for it somewhere.
  • kidorenjyaforum
    kidorenjyaforum Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *jamaican accent*Permanent would be overkill. But agreed on the extention of the lifespan. At least double the time.
  • Earthria - Lost City
    Earthria - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At the moment it's just like a scramble to Cragglord's skills once or twice before he disappears x___x
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How about 1 minute. (b:dirty)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    it should be perm. mystics honestly suck balls compared to any other class. thicket and there pushback skill is really the only worth while thing they have.

basides, cragglord its just another nix with slightly better tanking.... it will still get one-two hit by anyone in rank 9
  • Umtali - Raging Tide
    Umtali - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2 seconds per level extra would be nice
  • Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am also very dissapointed by cragg.

1) if you deciede to use it, you have to sacrifice whatever pet u have out first. Not to mention if u just gave that pet mana- you will lose it. Plus then u have to summon (which costs mana too) a new pet afterwards and give it mana too :(

2) What if u use it on a mob or PVP and your cragg runs out of time before ur done tanking it/killing it. Once the timer is out, u have no pets to run interference for you :(

3) I kno the cragg doesnt have to get mana BUT it doesnt even come out with full health. :(

4) I could just save my sparks for thicket or a spark burst. I could just as easy send a regular pet at one mob, spark up and kill one or two mobs by myself- pet kills one and u sparked kills 1 or 2 plus spark will give u back health and mana AND after the spark i will still have a pet ready to go. :(
    Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    Daltia - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    a permanent cragglord would most certainly be completely OP...if any improvement was to be made, 30 seconds instead of 20, and summon with full life...which would just make him better as a DPS option on bosses. as he stands at my level, he can kill 2-3 normal monsters before his time is up, and he costs no mana to use.

1) this is true, but really just a minor inconvenience for me, primary pet will always be devil, and he doesn't really need the mana-pump like mistress/salvation, if you want him to build mana (pet does have mana regen, its just slow. 1/sec) just don't have him spamming a skill.

2) not really a problem, if you're using him on a normal monster, you'd expect him to kill it or have a contingency if he didn't work.

3)defintiely agree, since he is time-limited he should come out with full health.

4) this is just really a preference of play style more than anything...I love cragglord and his ability much more than I do thicket (which I'm still not impressed by, but its still level 1)
  • EarthRiser - Harshlands
    EarthRiser - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You know what i think? i think it should be out for 10 minutes with an 11 minute cooldown :P
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    People need to think about this a little more...

At my current level, my Cragglord can nearly 1-shot squishies, and I almost 2-shot a 7x seeker.

He deals roughly 10k with his first skill to mobs. Most mobs around my level don't have too much more HP than that.

His skills cost no MP to use. At level 1, compared to a level 10 Chihyu, he has 2.5x the HP, roughly 3x the p/m atk, and 2x the defenses. Why would anyone use any other summon?

And to those complaining that it starts with half HP, it's not that big of a deal. When I sent my Cragg against Krixxix (known for his abnormally high p atk for his level), his time ran out before he died. And even then, it's not like you can't throw him a heal or two if you really need it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    People need to think about this a little more...

At my current level, my Cragglord can nearly 1-shot squishies, and I almost 2-shot a 7x seeker.

He deals roughly 10k with his first skill to mobs. Most mobs around my level don't have too much more HP than that.

His skills cost no MP to use. At level 1, compared to a level 10 Chihyu, he has 2.5x the HP, roughly 3x the p/m atk, and 2x the defenses. Why would anyone use any other summon?

And to those complaining that it starts with half HP, it's not that big of a deal. When I sent my Cragg against Krixxix (known for his abnormally high p atk for his level), his time ran out before he died. And even then, it's not like you can't throw him a heal or two if you really need it...

Puh some people still have a heart for other classes.
    Cragglord can 1-shot players at my lvl you just see a big rock running towards you and you are dead the next second.
    Its like sins only that you see them, but try to run away from a pet...
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    Daltia - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't really think much of it being a "big deal" just kinda seems like a waste of mana to heal him because he only lasts 20 seconds...I wouldn't use him to tank anything larger than something I couldn't kill within seconds myself, but he isn't immune to AOEs and he can be killed. I don't think it a matter of particular importance or even that it will make him "OP"...just seems kinda odd that with a time-limit, he still starts with half-HP.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There's a big problem with Cragglord at endgame I think. Summon's attack barely increases even with a good weapon. Eventually it will be useless compared to player gear. What was good in mid levels is useless in the end since it doesn't have a bugged skill.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i think duration should be increased about 10 secondes. but summons get no dmg gimp on lvl ? bosses. normal lvl 60 can kill the lvl ? in silverpool before the duration is even up. lol b:laugh
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Puh some people still have a heart for other classes.
    Cragglord can 1-shot players at my lvl you just see a big rock running towards you and you are dead the next second.
    Its like sins only that you see them, but try to run away from a pet...

lol... i like your signature XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Rieco - Raging Tide
    Rieco - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think the cragglord is good enough for its 20 seconds, though if it was 30, that would be more then enough time, saying its extream strength, I usualy pump out 5 skills before it recalls and its damage is just beasty, its much stronger then the nix thats for sure, i did a quick duel against a cleric 1 level higher then me and the bugger nearly 1 shot him and my cragglord summon level is just 4, if it does last for x3 the amount of time with its heaven/sage varient or what not, that will be totally insane, when im doing bosses, its usualy cragglord 20 seconds, 40 seconds without, as soon as its cooled down, I already got the sparks for it again.

I do agree with the full HP on summon though and perhaps a 25-30 second summon instead of 20? but idk, its quite thickle on editing the cragglord due to its sheer strengh.
  • Kakamachi - Heavens Tear
    Kakamachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I cannot agree to permanant. If you observe the damage cragg does even at a low level(with no damage reduction on 150 mobs :/) it becomes quite clear it will become OP PvP wise as well as PvE wise. It would be basically a free herc for the mystic class, and come one, since when does PW hand out free easy farming.
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I vote to make it permanent but here's what they should do if it gets permanent(just so it wouldnt be so OP):

-keep the 2 sparks
    - decrease its attack down to at least 15% stronger than a devil chihyu
    - make it the better tanker (somewhat a herc maybe)
    -make the mana costs for their skills 2x
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    if it does last for x3 the amount of time with its heaven/sage varient or what not, that will be totally insane,

Sage is 3 seconds longer, not 3 times longer. b:chuckle
    I vote to make it permanent but here's what they should do if it gets permanent(just so it wouldnt be so OP):

-keep the 2 sparks
    - decrease its attack down to at least 15% stronger than a devil chihyu
    - make it the better tanker (somewhat a herc maybe)
    -make the mana costs for their skills 2x

I would say nerf his attack and make Cragglord the tank, and Devil Chihyu the melee DD if we're talking permanent Cragg nerfs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sage is 3 seconds longer, not 3 times longer. b:chuckle

I would say nerf his attack and make Cragglord the tank, and Devil Chihyu the melee DD if we're talking permanent Cragg nerfs.

Make him do triple the damage but last for only 1 attack! b:chuckle
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I vote no.

There has been a thread about the total damage is can deal to TT bosses. That's quite insane. It's better to stay this way.

What needs to be changed is the Healing and Vital herbs. Apparently their healing power was better ( +% magic attack included) but were eventually nerfed. Maybe including +% base magic attack bonus is too much but more HP would be really useful and would not make the BB of Clerics obsolete. Right now, I see not much of a difference whether I use those two or not (but then again they are still quite low level).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Cragglord is mediocre in pve, have you tried it in pvp?

Was doing weekly tourney last night, was in same room as a sin and bm, energy leeched my salvation, summon cragglord, killed both of them in 10seconds flat, had time to let cragglord wander around a bit.

Thats the reason its not permanent. It has too much attack power for pvp.
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Cragglord is mediocre in pve, have you tried it in pvp?

Was doing weekly tourney last night, was in same room as a sin and bm, energy leeched my salvation, summon cragglord, killed both of them in 10seconds flat, had time to let cragglord wander around a bit.

Thats the reason its not permanent. It has too much attack power for pvp.

Cragglord mediocre in pve?

I think when a mystic wants to do straight damage Cragglord is still your best option by far.
    Thicket still has its uses on aoe pulls to keep the mobs silenced and not hitting people, but point for point if you just want raw damage on mobs or even bosses Cragglord is your best choice to spend those sparks.

Granted I don't have triple spark yet so some combos could still be eluding me, but I spam Cragglord on every cooldown atm on boss fights.

But if you have a better combo I'm all ears to test it out. :)
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • Zelatoth - Dreamweaver
    Zelatoth - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so many people think that if mystic has a permant cragglord that mystic's would be OP. i don't think so for one we burn though mana like no tomorrow, yes he's powerful but isn't a herc and a nix? three i don't think a mystic should be punished for reaching 59. i was really excited about getting cragglord and then worthless 20 seconds of kill a single mob or helping kill a boss. And thats another thing it's not just a skill it's a summon which means when it goes away we have to summon one of our useful summon's wasteing mana that we need. so yeah OP bull, get rid of the herc and the nix and then i'll consider it fair.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the best way to think of cragglord is as a 20second DoT skill. its not a pet in the traditional sense imo. you would have gotten the same effect if cragglord was a high damaging 20 second DoT.