PVE Guild Hall or Not?

Options

Comments

• Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tried to keep up with this, but I apologize if it's been mentioned elsewhere.

Rawrgh, you're rabidly defending the idea that because Bases offer no game-mechanical advantages to PvE'ers, it is and should be PvP-only. And from what's been said about the Bases so far, you're right.

But there's another facet to this as well - many MMOs offer housing or guild-home functions, in some form or another. PWI originally had the housing system, which as most of us know was removed in the F2P version. I imagine most of the people who heard about getting Guild Bases latched onto the idea as a "Faction Home" concept, desiring a digital-estate to call their own. Whether it provides any in-game benefit to them is largely irrelevant to this desire. And upon hearing that these potential "homes" would be subject to attack, whether or not they engage in PvP... well, you can see the response for yourself.

I'm not saying either point of view is wrong, but personally I endorse a player's option to choose. If PWI could implement some "Change State" button (similar to genie-trade, and sharing a week-long cooldown) that could flip the status on whether or not a base can be attacked, I think it would go a long way towards appeasing most of the protests. That way, a guild has the option to engage in the 40v40 battles, build up their base, or abstain and leave their home at its foundations, as they see fit. A week-long cooldown prevents the switch from being abused, since they can't attack and then go PvP-immune from all reprisals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It isn't that expensive for a good organized guild with a high level average.

1.5mil and a few warsong emblem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Rawrgh come on your not that self centered surely?

You come from a very powerful faction on a PVE server so you more than most should understand how power attracts power. There are the odd few of us that refuse to be pulled in to this faction e peen contest and stick with what factions we are in whether we are the underdog or not we don't need to win to be happy but that don't mean other people should have exclusive rights to content that should be fun for all. It's always easier to sit on a large fence and poke the masses than to do it from ground level as you are doing right now.

I really don't mind the PVP aspect of it as it will bring me more to do but I do have a problem with you making out like this is only for PVP'rs and being so blind to the fact of what people are apposing against... I am not sure if the quote you have above is right but pre release I was told it was 2000 subs 500 emblems 500(?) mysterious chips and 20 big bank notes.

That to me is no way cheap no matter how you dress it up if your asking people to invest that much in to it then at least give them a way of safe guarding it from total destruction at the very least. Top faction on a server already gets the chance at 300-400 Million coins every TW once they can take the map.

The powerful get more powerful and the less powerful just get told to GTFO gotta love PWI.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You come from a very powerful faction on a PVE server so you more than most should understand how power attracts power. There are the odd few of us that refuse to be pulled in to this faction e peen contest and stick with what factions we are in whether we are the underdog or not we don't need to win to be happy but that don't mean other people should have exclusive rights to content that should be fun for all. It's always easier to sit on a large fence and poke the masses than to do it from ground level as you are doing right now.

How do you think we got there? We didn't sit around and QQ endlessly, we actually did something to improve.

And as crazy as it seems, not all content is designed so that every single player can access it at once. Believe it or not there is some content that some players simply are not, and should not, be able to access. Some content is actually designed as a reward for the players that have put in the effort to get to it.

I really don't mind the PVP aspect of it as it will bring me more to do but I do have a problem with you making out like this is only for PVP'rs and being so blind to the fact of what people are apposing against... I am not sure if the quote you have above is right but pre release I was told it was 2000 subs 500 emblems 500(?) mysterious chips and 20 big bank notes.

TELL ME ONE THING THAT IT OFFERS TO PVE PLAYERS THAT MAKES IT WORTH THE COST.

So many people arguing with me but I have yet to see ONE legitimate thing that is worth 300mil that is aimed at PvE players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I voted for the choice to be PvE only, not that PWE will probably take any notice.

I gotta tell the people that want a social hang out, or something to accomplish as a group, that this feature just wasn't designed for you. You'll be kicking yourself in the *** for spending so much to get something so lame, I guarantee it. Just pick a nice spot on world map to hang out and get to work on your faction mates cultis and gear, that will provide plenty of entertainment for a long time.

For the ones who just feel left out of the new shiny thing..... here's a friendly reality check:

The game already has several features that are fairly exclusive:
    you must be able to defend your land in TW if you want to own territory ("but why can't there be PvE only lands for the people who just want a free teleport and some fancy apothecaries?!?")
    you must be able to deal massive amounts of damage to get anything from CoA or tiger event, the level requirement to participate is far lower than the level you need to get anything from it

You're already left out of things, it gives you something to work toward, or ignore.

I would be ridiculous to think that a small, unorganized group of adventurers could build and maintain a real fortress, let alone defend it from an organized army. This is how I think the guild bases were intended, a fortress for your troops to gather and equip themselves, not a necessary part of the game at all.
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

How do you think we got there? We didn't sit around and QQ endlessly, we actually did something to improve

Your accusing me of QQ when your the one sat here for god knows how many pages screaming how this is for PVP only? While I applaud your factions success I do not believe for one second that it was anything other than being in the right place at the right time with the right people your faction gained power and under the good leadership it has has kept that power...For other people without that power it is not so simple as to get 200 people in your faction you can be the best of leaders but without that firepower your will never have the glory

And as crazy as it seems, not all content is designed so that every single player can access it at once. Believe it or not there is some content that some players simply are not, and should not, be able to access. Some content is actually designed as a reward for the players that have put in the effort to get to it.

I'm sorry I did not realize that the countless Warsong runs I did over the period leading up to the launch was not classed as hard work that the endless amount of hours that people put in farming subs I am not sure what you mean as a reward?...Maybe I missed something here...Guild Bases was one of them things shoved in out faces pre launch I have not yet had the chance to be in one as my pc is dead but I sure know as hell when I get back online I want to be in one.

[TELL ME ONE THING THAT IT OFFERS TO PVE PLAYERS THAT MAKES IT WORTH THE COST.

So many people arguing with me but I have yet to see ONE legitimate thing that is worth 300mil that is aimed at PvE players.

First of all sorry no arguing coming from me. This is a forum it is meant to discuss issues to share ideas and to give our opinions in hope one day they might be read by someone who can actually do something about it.

And the answer is staring you in the face its called Self esteem you stated your self earlier... a "reward" it should not just be a reward for being powerful but should also be a reward for being pro active for accomplishing something as a guild lets face it the only exciting part of a guild at the moment is Level 2 .... Level 3.... Win a wined TW ....Lose land a week later. Thank you for coming thanks for the effort now go back down below.

Power factions already have a lot of "rewards" without this being a reward solely for them also if I want to sit in my pretty little guild base and feel like king of my castle and I take enjoyment from it then the game is serving its purpose I don't expect everything handed to me on a plate but I can work hard irl and reap twice the benefits. A game is what you make of it and the people who are not in the power have shut up and put up for long enough

Just seems to me like you don't want anyone else sharing your picnic.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    after getting bored on page 2 of this thread and not reading the rest... i wanna roll a 101 on a pve server go into a pvp guild, and beat up on the pve ones :o
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    to me, this whole business reminds me of when i first came to PWI. i didnt know about PVP/PVE, and the game was new, so i landed myself in Lost City. and was freaked at the constant PKing by RageQuit once i hit 30. i dont like anything about PK, and found there isnt any way to protect myself against it. so i moved to Heavens Tear, where i have been since.

this who deal with going to all the work and expense of getting a place for a PvE faction, only to have powermad ones come and destroy it, with no way to prevent it, is very much the same situation. and thankfully, our faction leader sees the idiotcy of it all, and isnt having one built. not all of us have the time you have to play all day, as you must, or mommy or daddy's credit card to get the gold to raise money. many of us have real lives.

How do you think we got there? We didn't sit around and QQ endlessly, we actually did something to improve.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Been a owner of a smaller faction , The thoughts of a guild base sounded really great at first something where our guildies could work towards and hang out has a faction

The nature of the Guild Base is to function as an actual headquarters for your faction; it's an instanced area that's restricted to outsiders, and a place that's chock full of guild activities that will take time and effort to complete. But when you do complete its challenges, you and your guild will be roundly rewarded for your efforts with all manner of various unique prizes.

Who in their right mind wouldnt want a Guild Base with the above stament

But really what the point of even working towards one when all our hardwork can be kissed goodbye in one hit and be forced into PVP b:surrender when your factoin doesnt PVP at all and thats why we on a Pve sever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

you sir are a very arrogant individual. if i had the coin to build a base even if i'm the only one in a faction that MY BUSINESS not yours.

now to answer your question. the truth is, your right. there is nothing guild bases have that are worth it for pve guild......and if what you poster earlier is right, then it isn't worth a pvp guild having it either.

the issues that is causing all this raging, all of it from the devs of the game. when guild bases where announced, they hyped it up to be a place where you can get a ton of guild quests to hang out with your pals and havegear that only guild memebrs can have. now it's here and it's nnot what was promised.

now it's still not 100% confirmed, but to loose your base after you worked so hard to get the mats together is rather stupid when your forced into pvp against the top guilds who have endgame gear with high refines. in the PVE server i find this to be very foolish. i made sure to join a pve server to avoid pve.

beofre anyone shoots off that "oh but if your gonna level to 100+ then your gonna do it for pvp" i kindly aske you to ****. i WILL get to that level evenually, and when i do, i intend to get me a rank 8 gear or nirvana if they are better and i also intend to refine them somewhat. so don't try speaking for others by declaring what pve players are going to do when they get to level 100 with end game gear. i intend to chill with my guildmates and be of help to my guildmates. when i'm not doing that, i'll be on another character working on him. and when i'm bored with that, i'll just chat up a storm with my guild, i don't play this game solely for the sake killing mobs, i also get kicks talking non-sense in guild chat.

the final thing to note people, is that the bases only just came out. they suck to hell atm so lets just wait and see if the devs will add anything later down the road. given the amount it takes to to build one, i think they'll add more content later down the road.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You still haven't answered the question, what is a guild base good for that isn't PvP related?

You obviously can't read...or just sit in a box.

"something other to do than the usual routine (FC/BH/TT/etc.)"

There may be more features to the guild base at a later date which pertain to PvE. It's still a new feature.

I honestly don't understand why you're constantly arguing with PvEers on the benefits, or lack there of, for their guild to own a base. What we want to do is what we want to do...that's none of your business. So what if a guild base costs a lot. That only sets a goal for the guild to achieve, which in turn brings to guild together.

Rather than argue, why not bring some meaningful discussion to this topic.

Here's something that should be implemented on PvE servers (or even ALL servers):

The guild leader has option to set faction base to PvE only. PvE only factions can not declare an attack on another faction base. This can be switched at a later time with at cooldown time (can't attack or be attacked for say 2 days? 3 days? 1 week?). Likewise it can't be switched back to PvE only on a whim (cooldown for the same amount of time...or not at all).

This would solve all concerns, and make the game a little more fair. The guilds need to be ready for 40vs40 in the first place (1000 merits for every player to participate?). Some guilds have their base on the first day, while others will take months. Not everyone has the time to make this game their priority.

just meh $.02

How would this not address everyone's concerns? This would not only allow PvEers the chance to have a guild base, but also give ALL guilds the time to build up resources and merits.

Wouldn't it at all be possible for a PvE based guild to switch to PvP at a later date if they felt it's time to try something different? Doesn't it take time for a guild to build it's member foundation and lvls?

Yea...but you also took time to get there. Are you afraid my fix would allow newer guilds a chance to catch up?

And as crazy as it seems, not all content is designed so that every single player can access it at once. Believe it or not there is some content that some players simply are not, and should not, be able to access.
    Some content is actually designed as a reward for the players that have put in the effort to get to it.

Who are you to judge what content players should have access to?
    RED=applies to next

It isn't that expensive for a good organized guild with a high level average.

1.5mil and a few warsong emblem.

Right...but it is expensive for 80-90% of the active guilds out there. So I guess it takes more effort to achieve this goal. It also takes time to build a faction up. Maybe they want to have a guild base started for when they're ready for PvP? This saves time in the long run on the merits/base extensions/etc.

aaaw damn outta pennies to give my $.02...got change for a $100?

Reminder: I don't care if a guild base is PvP orientated atm...or if you feel we shouldn't build one...or any other unintelligent/arrogant statements you feel the need to post. In other words, as I stated previously, keep the discussion constructive.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Im not sure if there is any real benefit to the 40vs40. I think that only lets you steal the other guild's mats while so far my guild's base is far more limited by contribution gained from doing the mob quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You obviously can't read...or just sit in a box.

"something other to do than the usual routine (FC/BH/TT/etc.)"

There may be more features to the guild base at a later date which pertain to PvE. It's still a new feature.

I honestly don't understand why you're constantly arguing with PvEers on the benefits, or lack there of, for their guild to own a base. What we want to do is what we want to do...that's none of your business. So what if a guild base costs a lot. That only sets a goal for the guild to achieve, which in turn brings to guild together.

Rather than argue, why not bring some meaningful discussion to this topic.

"something to do other than the usual routine"

You keep saying that, yet you have yet to specify WHAT there is to do other than the usual routine.

Sure, just ignore my point. I never said PvE players shouldn't get one because of the lack of content, I said PvE players shouldn't go get a base that's clearly designed for PvP and then complain when they're forced to do said PvP.
    Yea...but you also took time to get there. Are you afraid my fix would allow newer guilds a chance to catch up?

If you're still "catching up" then don't build one, plain and simple. It's clear by the costs that a guild base is aimed at the top end players, by building one you are stating that you feel your guild is a top guild and is able to compete with others.
    Who are you to judge what content players should have access to?

I didn't judge, the devs did. By making the bases expensive and require mats from high end instances they made it clear that it was for the larger more organized guilds. Same as TW. If you can't compete with other guilds then you aren't able to have land.
    Right...but it is expensive for 80-90% of the active guilds out there. So I guess it takes more effort to achieve this goal. It also takes time to build a faction up. Maybe they want to have a guild base started for when they're ready for PvP? This saves time in the long run on the merits/base extensions/etc.

Once again, not every guild will be able to have a guild base, by making it require these things they made it obvious that it's designed for the bigger, stronger, factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was originally interested in when they said guild bases were coming, cause it would have been something everyone could work towards and just enjoy. Don't really play now, but I was looking forward to maybe coming back and just working towards a guild base to hang out in.

Not everyone likes to PvP, much less forced PvP. I personally actually don't mind sitting around talking while doing nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're totally right, you should spend 300-400mil on a base where you can answer trivia questions and do quests for 20k xp.

Games are all about haveing fun. Who is anyone to say someone elses form of fun is stupid. I have the most fun in this game buying clothes. Thats why I'm here. If people wanna get a guild base for non PVP fun it's no less pointless as anything else in this game. As long as people are haveing fun it shouldn't matter to anyone else how they are doing it and how much they are spending.

Oh as long as they aren't violating the TOS. Once they do that its everyone concern and duty to report them.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Even though he has never participated in a guild base battle and has no knowledge about the cost risk or benefit involved in such battles, Rawr is already certain that the 40v40 is the only purpose to guild bases. He is also apparently a natural expert on how much XP a max level training wing gives and totally ignores that much of the benefits in having a guild base are targeted at lower levels.

To totally reject facts that don't fit such a narrow view point is silly.

We know that growing the base requires that the faction works together to do the contribution quests (killing mobs). Without doing those quests the base will whither. Noone knows how much the 40v40 contributes to the growth or destruction of a guild base no matter what they claim. People are upset at how little information is available about this concern.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Ryuu_Takara - Dreamweaver
    Ryuu_Takara - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have to agree. But for you, as you are in a pvp server it works out for you. As for those of us that are not well we dont think its right. The Devs might as well make the maps for the stronger factions for TW and get rid of us smaller factions as well. Would that make it easier? Then then Dev, would have to increase have many would be in a faction. I mean hell, by the sound of things, they might as well turn it into another pvp server and the hell with what the players want. Do I have it somed up about right?

I for one Hate what the Dev have done with this guild house thing. Its done nothing but cause headaches for the players, especially the ones that bust their as$ to get a guild house to only find out that it maybe taken away. What kind of bullshlt is that. So what if us "smaller" factions want a place to call our own or a place to hang out. It would be ours, something we worked hard for and can take pride in. I be damn if i want that taken form me.

As far as sitting back and waiting to see what happens,I think that is too long of a wait. The Dev need to address these problems now before it gets to much out of hand. Which I think is pretty darn well close to it if not already there.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hmm, One thing it does is allow players to set up cat shops that will only be shopped by thier fellow faction memebers.....has all sorts of uses.
    Another thing it does is lets me get my sin all buffed up to go solo stuff(pve) without having to bug my fellow faction memeber or multi client.
    It allows venos at lv 6 faction base to buy some pretty cool pet skill books....Good for pvp or pve
    Cant really see any good to it for any other purpose at this time.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    People aren't going to do 40 vs 40 for the materials, most guilds that already have a base already have more materials than they need.

They do it for the fun, similar to doing TW before the change back to coins, there was no real reward, we did it for fun.

If a guild can afford the 200mil cost then the majority of members will be already 90+, so the training wing is irrelevant when cube can be done for 1mil and an actual reward. Or BH, or FC.

The low level weapons are time limited, no one likes time limited gear, just look at people complaining about stash gears being time limited now.

PvE players can get a guild base all they want, but it's clearly aimed at PvP players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I actually agree with Rawrgh here. The base doesnt seem worth it tbh (quest rewards arent worth it, runecrafting's a waste, useless/overpriced weaps, ect). The same money and effort could be spent elsewhere, but if people really wish to purchase one, then they'd better be damn well be able to protect it.

While I understand the whole idea of fun being subjective and people setting goals for themselves, its only logical that said individuals would be capable of protecting their investment. If not, then why bother getting a base? Unless the forced PvP is changed, then by buying one, the faction accepts the potential danger of being attacked by factions of equal or greater strength with whatever few benefits the base provides.

There's plenty of places on the open map to meet up if you want a place to hang out (even moreso lately with so many sticking to instances or major cities), and heck, the guild I was in previously had no problem choosing a place to chill out at, because there's just no way we'd want to waste the time and coin on a base just to risk losing it after a few fights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I concede that the 40v40 battles are aimed at pvp players.

The guild base itself and the benefits from having the base are not very pvp oriented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They aren't oriented at anything really.

The low level gears (only ones reasonably priced) are time limited which most people hate.

The high level gears are so expensive that it's useless, whose gonna buy that 960mil helm when a tier 2 nirvana helm is very similar at 1/5th the cost.

The xp quests are in an instance where the vast majority of people have no real use for xp if it can't compare to soloing frost. Especially with the additional reward system to BH. If you finish BH100 and take all 5 quests, you can get an easy 1.5mil xp within 10 minutes.

The veno pet skills are only going to create a ceiling like with mysterious chips did to gold mats and molds. People getting the skills from dragon temple are going to sell cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wait huh? veno pet skills are in the Guild base? Strong and Protect? for how much (wat's the ceiling gonna be like?). Of course they do this AFTTER i bought mine >.<
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not sure about strong and protect but I know the equivalent of bless is 33.5 mil, and I'm sure you can easily find someone selling for 30mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok, my two cents.

The essential crux of Rawrgh's argument is that, from what he has seen, there are no PvE benefits to having a guild base. Others have already pointed out that the PvP benefits, as far as improving gear/buffs/etc aren't exactly spectacular (relative to the cost of a base) either. From this supposed fact, Rawrgh then states that the 40 vs 40 battles must be the only reason for a faction base.

Allow me to attempt what no other person has been successful in doing yet: to crack that 6 inch layer of crud that is blocking any useful information from reaching Rawrgh's brain, where we must suppose he has rudimentary logical reasoning.

Reasons why a faction base could benefit people:

(Gonna try to keep this reaaal simple. Just for your, Rawrgh.)

1) A place to hang out with their faction members that excludes others. You have already pointed out 'go find a secluded corner of the world map and meet there. Its NOT the same! The point of having a place to call 'your own' is the EXCLUSIVENESS of it. NOBODY else except faction members can go there. Can you see why this might be attractive? Lets give you a real world example: logically speaking, it is much cheaper if people group together. 'Lets all go live in apartment buildings, 3 person per room! Think of how much money we'd all save'. "Uh... no. I'd rather I have my own room any day, thank you very much, for ME and my FAMILY only". 'But it costs more!' To which I reply "I don't care, I don't want strangers in my home". Similarly, a faction base can exclude the unwanted presence of outsiders. As somebody pointed out: you could put up catshops that sell items only to faction members.

2) Graphics. I know, how pointless... right? Right??? Pointless like fashion... pointless like wedding chapel... pointless like all class pets... right? Wrong! Many people spend $, and sometimes great sums of money, for nothing more than APPEARANCE. Personal appearance. Appearance MATTERS. From what I've seen of faction base, its definitely a cool place, graphically speaking. If I have to pay some coins to get it, thats fine, it is MY base, my OWN base, and it looks cool, so I'm gonna like it. Who are you to tell people whether they should have fashion or not? Similarly, who are you to tell somebody they can't get a faction base simply because they like how it looks?

3) Promote faction unity. There are very very few things that an entire faction can participate in at the same time. Basically, TW, and world bosses. Problem: many faction don't TW, because they don't like to TW. Apparently you can't understand that, but its a simple fact, ACCEPT IT. Problem 2: World bosses are mostly killed by a small handful of elite dders. Rarely are any world bosses alive for more than 2 hours after spawn. Faction can, of course, do 'faction runs' in FC, TT, nirvana, and bhs, but none of these are the product of the entire faction's participation. But now we have the faction base: all members can participate, and 'hanging out' in there is a not-unenjoyable prospect: as mentioned in #2, it is a cool looking place. The actions of every single member help keep the faction base operating, which helps instill a sense of bonding and accomplishment in each faction member.

4) While not exactly game-breaking, the other parts of a faction base (free buffs, runecrafting, cheaper veno pet skills) are still 'nice to have'. That is, no matter what reason(s) your faction acquired the faction base for, nobody should complain about these features. I often find that in the quietest hours of the night, finding people to buff me can be difficult, so free faction base buffs would certainly be useful.

As you can hopefully see, I have given you four solid reasons regarding the use of a faction base that really have little to do with PvE (fighting mobs) or PvP (fighting other players), yet they are valid reasons nonetheless. From what I've gathered, I'm sure many other PvE players had similar thoughts when the faction base was first advertised. A faction base would be FUN.

What is fun to you Rawrgh? PKing against others? I agree with you, I find pking fun. I also find farming TT bosses time and time again fun, as well as levelling new alts. In real life, I enjoy chess and biking and reading books: I have fun doing these activities. Perhaps you have fun dressing up dolls and looking books with pictures of baby kittens. Does this mean I *have* to enjoy the same activities as you? No. Does that mean you have to enjoy the same activities as me? Again, no. So lets get back to the game then: do others have to enjoy PvPing like you do? NO! Let me say that again for emphasis.

Do others have to enjoy PvPing like you do?

NO!

The focal point of your argument is that faction base has nothing 'worth it' for PVE ppl, for which I gave four solid reasons to disprove that. Furthermore, you think far too much in terms of 'what is worth it' cost wise: cost wise, hour per hour,it is much more logical to work in real life, then buy zhen, if one wishes to acquire something in this game. With one hour of work IRL, most people can acquire at least 8 dollars, which will afford you, at current gold prices, roughly 4-5million coins. Only the best of the best farmers can easily pull that much $ out of in-game farming. So why even bother playing the game to get something? It is *sooo* much more *worth it* to use real life money earned through working. Maybe, get this through that thick skull of yours, people do it for FUN. Yes, FUN. I mean, duh, this is a GAME we are playing! People play games for many reasons, but ultimately, games are a form of entertainment. In the sense of being 'worth it', this game does not contribute one iota to a person's in-real-life wealth, or health, or (usually) relationships. By your logic of being 'worth it', it is not 'worth it' to play this game at all. People play this game because they enjoy it, and similarly, I have given you a number of reasons why people may enjoy owning a faction base.

And not one of these reasons *has to* involve PvP *GASP*.

I have proven my point. There are reasons to have a faction base beyond 40 vs 40 group pk. Time to get off your freaking high horse already and accept that your narrow-minded view is not the one-and-only correct view regarding the potential uses of a faction base.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My point wasn't that PvE players can't use it, my point is that it's CLEARLY aimed at PvP players, and therefore people shouldn't be surprised that it requires PvP.

These bases are clearly aimed at PvP players, realize this and be prepared to do a bit of PvP in order to enjoy the PvE benefits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My point wasn't that PvE players can't use it, my point is that it's CLEARLY aimed at PvP players, and therefore people shouldn't be surprised that it requires PvP.

These bases are clearly aimed at PvP players, realize this and be prepared to do a bit of PvP in order to enjoy the PvE benefits.

Thats what you beleive fine. Doesn't make it fact nor do others have to beleive it either. So you all just shut the hell up and quit fighting you are getting nowhere.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options

And THAT's what YOU don't get. everyone else is biotching that it requires PvP cause well.... contrary to popular belief the MAJORITY on this game DON'T give a rat's BUTT about PvP. And we're pissed off that it requires it, even more so that we can possibly LOSE the base itself if we LOSE the war (I'll give you the fact we dont' know how badly damaged a base can get yet but still....)

There's also the fact that they gave out the requirements to make one months before this..... but NEVER said we'd HAVE to do the wars, and NEVER SAID the base could be DESTROYED. ALOT of us farmed our butts off collecting everything (hell some people spent real money for all of the mats) JUST TO HAVE A BASE the guild could gather at. If Anyone was thinking like I was..... we were like ok, we'll just get a base and keep it basic just to chill at, not do these wars for the mats to upgrade. But that idea's now trashed..... and so's all the time we wasted gathering mats. Ya get it now?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Then you're just complaining that guild bases weren't specifically catered to you.

The devs chose for them to be PvP based, that's it, end of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    look up.. i added more..... And i guess you still don't get it. They never said it was PvP only, in fact they Implied the guild bases would be for everyone to enjoy..... AND YOU WONDER why HALF the playerbase is pissed off? you're beating a dead horse trying to argue your point Raw, cause your point's invalid.

Hell that doesn't even make sense from a buisness standpoint.... Ya let's make this PvP only.... even though we KNOW there's MORE people that dont' care for PvP. we have MORE PvE servers then PvP.... so ya let's cut off more then 50% of the playerbase from even enjoying this. *coug* ya right...