PVE Guild Hall or Not?

Options
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
There has been much discussion regarding the new Guild Hall system.

I felt after the lengthy read a Poll should have been made. For PVE Servers with PVE factions who spend hours farming donating buying and even cashing and is not PVP or even TW mined, should get some need to safeguard the hard work the was put in to have or one day soon to have a Guild Hall. Some say it not necessary for them, some say its something non TW to do.

On the other hand you have the ones who willing to attack and defend other guild halls due to their pro PVP,TW aspects of the game.

My opinion ....if Guild Halls are at risk of being taken away after hard work of building one in the first place, the requirement in building one should be greatly reduced. End Game players or not, there's the plain fact that you have your cash players and non cash players. Even some cash players cant afford that much.

Family friendly, Non TW or even Factions who are not "TW material/minded " but see building a guild house something of the lesser and PVE fun, shouldn't have to worry of their Guild House being taken by other ubber R8/9 Nirvy max refine facs on any given mood or day.

As for the ones Pro PVP/TW?...by all means let them attack each other for the Hall but lessen the requirements at least. And let it be a choice. Let's be real..200 mil coins? That a Love up and Down for some.

Here's another way to look at it on PVE servers... A player after level 30 has the option to switch to PK. And if they do the risk of losing gear or what not is on them its was their choice. PVP servers don't have the option, they join a PVP server in the first place.

So there's the Poll for PVE servers. If a Faction in a PVE server has a guild house, should they have the options for the 40 vs 40 or not.
To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
Team work is Flawless,
To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
Post edited by Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^ what he said...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What's the point of a guild base if you don't want to PvP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think it should have a sort of "foundations" stage.

Like, it can be destroyed with some effort, but itl never go past foundations. And if you have the foundations its say 25% of the original build cost to rebuild it to the 1st base state.

(Foundations would be useless essentially, just a sort of space filler so you dont need to spend so much to do it again. Kinda like shattering bound gears. Better to have to repair than replace)
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gee idk the gear, the quests, there's a daily in there I just saw the quest in my log i think b4 it went poof idk why...... 70k exp and 40k spirit for a few trivia questions..... the runecrafting , the GUILD BANK (it's implemented right?)..... we could get rid of our faction's multitude of bank toons maybe and store **** in that.... NOT EVERYONE CARES ABOUT PvP, but STILL wanted a place to fracking hang out, not to mention all the above.

I dont' know whay none of that has sunk in yet Raw after the 5000 posts you've prolly read on this lol
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think it should have a sort of "foundations" stage.

Like, it can be destroyed with some effort, but itl never go past foundations. And if you have the foundations its say 25% of the original build cost to rebuild it to the 1st base state.

(Foundations would be useless essentially, just a sort of space filler so you dont need to spend so much to do it again. Kinda like shattering bound gears. Better to have to repair than replace)

That's not a bad ideal let it be attack and cause damage but not have it taken away

There player's who like plain ol PVE, Questing and what not. For me I am Pro "Let's have fun PVE way" I tried switching to pk before and was fun as well but not really my thing.
    I not arguing with anyone nor mean to start something bad. but I do think it should be an option, that way if a Guild house is taken away by another Fac theres no QQ about or nothing can be said.
    Team work is Flawless,

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gee idk the gear, the quests, there's a daily in there I just saw the quest in my log i think b4 it went poof idk why...... 70k exp and 40k spirit for a few trivia questions..... the runecrafting , the GUILD BANK (it's implemented right?)..... we could get rid of our faction's multitude of bank toons maybe and store **** in that.... NOT EVERYONE CARES ABOUT PvP, but STILL wanted a place to fracking hang out, not to mention all the above.

I dont' know whay none of that has sunk in yet Raw after the 5000 posts you've prolly read on this lol

You should know what you're talking about before you put that there.......

The gear? The only gears are new weapons that are equal to tier 1 nirvana in strength and cost 11.5 billion coins. Are you going to get a weapon for 11.5 billion coins for just PvE? Are you even going to get this one at all when R9 +12 would be cheaper and 10x better? I don't think so. Also the helms are equal to tier 2 nirvana at 960mil, depending on your servers prices for uncannies that is anywhere from 5 to 10 times as much. So yea, the gear is pretty much useless options.

The only dailys that the guild base offers the rewards are contribution and mats to increase the guild base. The trivia questions give no xp or very, VERY little.

The runecrafting? You can level runecrafting without ever setting foot inside a guild base, I've leveled mine without using anything available from my guilds base.

There is no guild bank.

Oh and something you didn't mention that guild base offers, very exciting quests! You can now do a quest to receive all of 20k xp! Oh wait, you can kill 4 mobs and get more xp as well as getting drops.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ok i knew the gear was nuts... idk why i mentioned that but the rest of that ? wow.... no bank? i coulda sworn it said somewhere there was a guild bank. And I thought u had to do **** IN the base to do runecrafting, i stand corrected.

So wait who the hell is this npc Left Agent-Yeoh .... what the frack where'd the rest of my post go?

Anyway... where's that npc? Everyone's thinking he's in the guild base since no one can find him (there's no auto path). He has trivia questions, gives u like 71K or so Exp and 40k spirit, DAILY.... it popped up under Cycle in my Find Quests, but it's gone now....
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

how about something other to do than the usual routine (FC/BH/TT/etc.)

think outside of the PvP box

also note my post here (post #263), you might find it quite sensible for more than just PvE
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    how about something other to do than the usual routine (FC/BH/TT/etc.)

think outside of the PvP box

also note my post here (post #263), you might find it quite sensible for more than just PvE
    You still haven't answered the question, what is a guild base good for that isn't PvP related?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

why should you care? if some guild wants to spend half a bil on it, and you think they'll be wasting it --- well, it's not as if it's your money they're blowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You still haven't answered the question, what is a guild base good for that isn't PvP related?

Personally, our faction was just looking forward to having something we could do together. We would be working together gathering materials to build it up, doing little quests, trivia things... what does it matter to you if you think it is lame and stupid? Is your opinion everyone's opinion? No. Because you think PvP is the only thing worth doing, does that mean everyone has to think that way? No.

Our guild is PvE only. We don't want a base unless there is some kind of option where you could turn on a "pk mode" type thing, so that some bases were PvE and just were not subjected to attack. Otherwise it would be us not fighting back, losing stuff over and over; what fun is that? All it is, is frustration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're totally right, you should spend 300-400mil on a base where you can answer trivia questions and do quests for 20k xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, in actuality, we have been saving the subs from BH100s, and the emblems from BH100s, and the chips from BH100s... oh look, those have cost us no money.

But I am totally right. Because any person can spend their money on whatever they want to, even if *you* think it is stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It costs time, which is money, and it costs the value of not selling those, which is still value.

So yea, spend 300-400mil just to have something to buy, that has no use for PvE factions.

But then, why would you mind if it got destroyed? Then you get to start all over again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're totally right, you should spend 300-400mil on a base where you can answer trivia questions and do quests for 20k xp.

And this pretty much says it all.

If all you're going to get out of a guild base is a place to hang out and some extra quests, you probably shouldn't get a guild base. It's not a wise use of 200mil + the other mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

No one is even listening to you anymore Rawrgh. You have been giving a very negative response to PVE players and the like. This is just about in every post you have put up on the bases.

"What's the point of a base if you don't have PVP" you ask? Well guess what? Some of the players don't like PVP. And have just as much right to enjoy the game as you do.

They want a base as well? I see NO problem with it. But with the outrageous amount of the price of one, I respect the factions that have put time and effort into this that don't have much to their name.

You wanna go do PVP, fine go do it. But try and respect other players thoughts and wishes, and let them have their 2 cents put in. Your not doing a very good job in discouraging them.

My 2 cents? Well, I don't like this idea of losing a base to a non-decline war myself. But I'm waiting to see what the results are for the next few weeks, and gonna wait for the feedback that the GMs get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And this pretty much says it all.

If all you're going to get out of a guild base is a place to hang out and some extra quests, you probably shouldn't get a guild base. It's not a wise use of 200mil + the other mats.

you know something else that's not a wise use of time and resources? VIDEO GAMING. quit telling others how to spend their spare time, ok? because your idea of how to have fun is not the One True Only way to have fun, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is the problem the PW has brought upon us PvE guilds, and from reading the previous multiple page thread on a similar subject I now know many feel the same. Yes, it isn't really worth it. I'm not necessarily denying that; I don't particularly want the base as much as other members of my guild want it. But when things are growing stagnant for some people and then PW delivers a new expansion promising them exciting new content, they latch onto that. Then it gets here and we find it is PvP only content, despite being on a PvE server, and that is just a little irritating, to say the least. Before we even know the full details we already know we are discluded.

It would obviously be better if there were more PvE content in a base that was PvE only. But I for one am just ticked off that they don't at least have some option, on a PvE server, for new content to not be PvP only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No one is even listening to you anymore Rawrgh. You have been giving a very negative response to PVE players and the like. This is just about in every post you have put up on the bases.

"What's the point of a base if you don't have PVP" you ask? Well guess what? Some of the players don't like PVP. And have just as much right to enjoy the game as you do.

They want a base as well? I see NO problem with it. But with the outrageous amount of the price of one, I respect the factions that have put time and effort into this that don't have much to their name.

You wanna go do PVP, fine go do it. But try and respect other players thoughts and wishes, and let them have their 2 cents put in. Your not doing a very good job in discouraging them.

My 2 cents? Well, I don't like this idea of losing a base to a non-decline war myself. But I'm waiting to see what the results are for the next few weeks, and gonna wait for the feedback that the GMs get.
    You sound butthurt IJS.

And I just want to see one thing that a guild base provides that is useful to PvE players other than just simply having one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You sound butthurt IJS.

What the heck does that mean?

And I just want to see one thing that a guild base provides that is useful to PvE players other than just simply having one.

Well then listen to your own advice and wait and see. Is that not what you have been saying?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm saying wait and see for the guild base wars.

As for the content it offers? I have seen it, my guild owns a base. And every single thing in that base is aimed at PvP players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm saying wait and see for the guild base wars.

That's exactly what I said in my first post......

As for the content it offers? I have seen it, my guild owns a base. And every single thing in that base is aimed at PvP players.

And they just came out, we never know when or if there will ever be changes to anything in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    None of the quests in the base are "group quests" It's like 20 mobs total. None of the mats are anything you gather outside base. They arent even real mats. Just ones you get from quest of killing 20 mobs. I haven't seen any exp quests, those are near general summer.

There is nothing in a guild base for you except if you want to pvp.

What happened to all those small factions crying about not having land to be able to tw? Now you got a snall type of tw. Enjoy or don't build the base.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The obvious thing a guild base provides to PVE guilds is a common goal to work towards and ownership of something the guild can call its own.

Lots of the gear in a guild base is low-level stuff (like level 40-70) as well as the low level quests that give only XP. This is counter to your argument that guild bases are only for end-game PVP (for which there is already TW).

The troubling thing atm is how little information PWE has supplied about guild base security considering how much of an investment they are asking guilds to make in them.

Also you are seeing the world through PVP-tinted glasses. The game is actually targeted at chinese users which are much more centered around hardcore grinding than PK. That's why there isn't much emphasis on PVP balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The obvious thing a guild base provides to PVE guilds is a common goal to work towards and ownership of something the guild can call its own.

Lots of the gear in a guild base is low-level stuff (like level 40-70) as well as the low level quests that give only XP. This is counter to your argument that guild bases are only for end-game PVP (for which there is already TW).

The troubling thing atm is how little information PWE has supplied about guild base security considering how much of an investment they are asking guilds to make in them.

Also you are seeing the world through PVP-tinted glasses. The game is actually targeted at chinese users which are much more centered around hardcore grinding than PK. That's why there isn't much emphasis on PVP balance.

I wish more people thought with their head like you instead of with their arrogant ego's that think they know everything....
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The low level quests give ridiculously low amounts of xp and spirit, and no other rewards. Where as a player could do any other world map quest and not only get probably more xp/sp, but also a coin/item reward.

The low level gears are time limited and not very good. There are time limited gears given out by public quest and no one ever gets them, because as we've seen the players are interested in something they can keep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wasn't aware that public quest offered time limited weapons but I'm pretty sure most consider public quest to be PVE as well.

Can you explain how the level 35 mobs in the Chamber of Dawn is "aimed at PvP players"?
    I was in there for a while but couldn't figure it out. http://i.imgur.com/8t2aF.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow this thread getting kinda mean, You know funny thing was I spoke to a leader that owns a guild house, and do note he has one of the big heavy TW factions. I ask simply "could your guild house be taken by another fac?" his response..was.."Not sure but that would really suck...was alot of work getting this together"

Now thats coming from a "Endgame/PVP/TW" side. b:puzzled

So don't seem like just PVE player's feel that way .

What you get and do with a guild hall really not the point honestly. It as simple as a faction with ex tw,pvp,noobs,senior players,cashshopper or not, see fun in doing something like building a guild house a place they earn can hang out in other then a street corner in laggy arch, or under a tree with no bank/AH withing a 10 min flight..

Not everyone here with one thought but to maw down and pvp others. Some like to chill some like just like to relax avoid drama hang out and plain ol "Just kick it".

Don't Bash the other just cause they not into what u into . ..That's hatein already .

Just look at some of the ppls gear..let's face it ..SOME just can't get it like some. So let's not hate. But let everyone get to have their style of fun.

This thread is for positive Input,ideals,solutions. Regarding Guild House for PVE, so as GAMERS..could we get more of it?
    Team work is Flawless,

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wasn't aware that public quest offered time limited weapons but I'm pretty sure most consider public quest to be PVE as well.

Can you explain how the level 35 mobs in the Chamber of Dawn is "aimed at PvP players"?
    I was in there for a while but couldn't figure it out. http://i.imgur.com/8t2aF.png
    My point is that no one takes the time limited quests from public quest because no one really likes the idea oh losing their weapon after a week. There have even been a few threads complaining that the earthgaurd weapons from supply stash are time limited.

Right I should have clarified.

The only useful parts of guild base are aimed at increasing the strength of the guild base or PvP.

Sure it has mobs, but those mobs give 1 xp and are for a quest that gives all of 10k xp. Any random quest on the world map would give similar xp and actually give a reward of coins and/or items. I don't think people are getting guild bases to do quests for less xp and they would usually get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How many of you actually read about this PWI expansion and its features? This information has been out for months:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/expansion/features

"New Guild Bases
    Factions of Perfect World will finally be able to create their own bases. The bases can be built upon which will provide the faction special shops where players can create rare items such as gears and potions. Of course, resources for building these shops are scarce and factions will have to battle it out in a 40 vs 40 faction war to determine control of these resources."

case closed .