How has the aps craze affected you?

Options

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *Sees a claw barb*
    ......Pantie dear, where did I last put my shotgun at? There's a clown that needs a shot of 12 gauge of sensibility. You're a barb, you have no business in DPS, your business is taking and keeping aggro and being hit at and being able to cope with the hits. If you want to fist, make a freaking BM, BM fist >>> barb fist

As Rawrgh said, and you said, Barbs with 5.0 aps can take back their role as tank from a BM or Archer. Sins usually you can't, but thats a different story.

I'm a 5.0 aps claw Barb, and my BH squad loves that they can go all out without me losing aggro, I'm still playing my class as tank right?

...and I know how to "normal" tank as well. APS, only made me to adapt to the game, and so far, it was a change all for the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Are you stupid or just ignorant?

Who died and made you god queen of PWI and said it was your job to choose how people build thier characters.

"your business is tanking and keeping aggro"

Yea, good luck with that when you're using axes and a vit build.

BTW, claw barb gets more HP per vit than a BM, demon beastial onslaught for +35% crit, beastial rage for 8 chi every time I get hit, poison fang to match a BMs weapon mastery, faster movement speed to reduce time in instances, access to solid shield which is incredibly good for instances, and 30% more HP.
    And if 1 day, PWCN out-of-the-blue just makes fists/claw BM only, then?b:question

(just a general question, not a flame or anything against your "godly" build)

Edit: @Known, don't double team meh, I'm only just asking lol >,<
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And if 1 day, PWCN out-of-the-blue just makes fists/claw BM only, then?b:question

(just a general question, not a flame or anything against your "godly" build)

Edit: @Known, don't double team meh, I'm only just asking lol >,<
    I'm not stating that it's the "godly" build, I'm saying that it is a legitimate way and that pure vit axe build is not the end-all be-all of barb builds.

And if they make fist/claw BM only, which they never will, then I'll just restat the pure vit axe BM that I have for TWs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How has APS affected me?

I helped start the craze! I think I'm actually the first BM on Sanctuary to have gotten Deicides, unless someone got one sooner then early Oct 09

When the original packs first came out, I won a lunar insignia to make my Dance of Universe, then bought second insignia from a friend to make my deicides.

Walking in Arch for the first time with those... Everyone, literally, everyone was calling me a fail BM for having such high level fists. Only of course, to be surprised at how I was stealing aggro and holding it against the barb and all other DDs, and wiping out enemies in a matter of seconds.

And now look how things have changed? b:laugh
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    People forget about one thing:

Of course, wizards never used to be good in PvE, archers and venos were always preferred as DDs in istances.

But you know the difference? Once, archers and venos could overdamage us for about 30-50% of our dps. Yea, better, but parties used to accept wizards instead of waiting for another DD, and friends anyway where glad to waste 15 minutes more of their time to help a wizzy.

Now aps overdamage us for over 400% our dps.

You know what this mean? This means that even friends would never waste 1+ hours of their time to help wizzies, and casual parties prefer to wait 20 more minutes to find a good aps instead of accepting wizards.

About the fact that getting endgame gear would be harder: whats the deal? i mean, isnt it better to have a very hard-to-get endgame gear?

I really miss old times where 10% of the ppl where overpowered, 80% where normal and 10% where ****.

Now 70% are overpowered and the ppl who dont want to roll an aps to get gear will just suck forever. Is this cool?

This is cool just for nerds.
    PWI has become a no-life nerds & cash shoppers private club.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    To be honest, the only thing it has affect for me is that it's harder to get into squads. it aint impossible, just ... harder.

As a veno your one in a million JUST like now the 5.0's are.
    before, veno's were the ultime farming machine now 5.0's are.
    the only thing that changed is that i have to be really picky with people on who will awknoledge the potential other classes can have.

As a small example;

I've been doing hallpulls in FCC with my AA build for a few lvls now, and it's quite easy if your squad consist of people with ready aoe's ( including the cleric ) and are willing to take a few hits for the team.

I pull hall to designated spot in foxform, spark to get immunity, revert to human bramble hood, by then most of the people are already casting or aout to cast, bm stuns, i use a Teapot, parasitic nova, people cast Aoe's and voila mobs dead.

I think what alot of forget to do is that this whole aps craze started with people thinking outside the box, they should do the same.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Finding a squad usually is an exercise in patience and handling rejection. On the typical day I'll be refused, ignored or even kicked from about about 5-6 fc squads before I finally get a squad willing to take me to fc. That equates to roughly 2-3 hours on some days of waiting for a chance to get 5-10% xp on hypers. Of course once I get a squad they normally realise I aint half bad and I end up getting a few more runs before I tire of playing.

Point is its frustrating having spent all this money on skills and gear only to be treated like a second/third rate dd because everyone is looking for the coveted 4/5 aps sin/bm. Its funny/humiliating how on one dragon a 101 sin can reduce a boss to 0 hp and you only managed to fire off about 10-15 skills in the time it took to kill it.

Its frustrating knowing that instances such as nirvana will be ones that you may only ever get to do once depending on which squad decide to feel for you and let you come along for the ride.

Its frustrating fighting a sin and all they EVER do is stealth and for the few who don't stealth that the server computes 5aps hits before it computes insta cast spells so that you die even if you manage to tap the skill button and EVEN if you get lucky and twitch fast enough to set them back a second they then STEALTH and finish you off.

TY Perfect world for .................. up my experience in this game. As a wizard the 5aps craze has ruined my experience in terms of everything I have mentioned above.

I'm 98 now and once I get to 100, thats it for me and the cash shop until they decide that a happy player base and a balanced game is more important than ............. over their love child Mrs.5aps.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How has APS affected me?

*Sees a claw sin*
    Now that's just silly, if you want to fist so much, then make a freaking BM, BM fist > sin fist.

*Sees a claw arch*
    Now that's just silly and rather makes me want to smack the person to the back of their head. If you want to fist so much, then make a freaking BM, BM fist > archer fist.

*Sees a claw barb*
    ......Pantie dear, where did I last put my shotgun at? There's a clown that needs a shot of 12 gauge of sensibility. You're a barb, you have no business in DPS, your business is taking and keeping aggro and being hit at and being able to cope with the hits. If you want to fist, make a freaking BM, BM fist >>> barb fist

The only one of those two that is "stupid" is the claw sin, since they're settling for less when they could have more. Archers? Hell, their natural builds already match claws pretty well. Barbs? Who wouldn't wanna go 5aps to farm if they could get away with it?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And if they make fist/claw BM only, which they never will, then I'll just restat the pure vit axe BM that I have for TWs.
    Thank you! That's what I wanted to knowb:thanks

Play the way you want, its your game, your fun!b:victory
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

• WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it effected me in the way that i no longer play and melee classes. what's the point if i can't, and don't want to get 5.0aps? i mean, just perma sparking all day, using that 1 fckn skill along with acouple buffs? that's so boring... but i can't compete with that on a non-5.0 aps melee player, so what's the point for anyone like me roling melee classes?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it effected me in the way that i no longer play and melee classes. what's the point if i can't, and don't want to get 5.0aps? i mean, just perma sparking all day, using that 1 fckn skill along with acouple buffs? that's so boring... but i can't compete with that on a non-5.0 aps melee player, so what's the point for anyone like me roling melee classes?...

Before the aps craze, BMs were great for AoE parties.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @Longknife, Rawrgh and some other...

Note that I said CLAW, NOT 5 aps. Are you trying to tell me that a claw archer has as much DPS as a claw BM? Doubt it.

@Barbie point, -interval gear works for axes as well and I know several barbs that have no problem holding aggro with axes in kitty form. No, they don't hit as much, but they are better barbs overall, that's the truth, if you can't deal with it, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM.

Other then that, it's my opinion and as such it's entirely up to me what it is. If you can't live with me having different opinion than you, then you're out of luck because I am a highly opinionated and even more stubborn.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

@Barbie point, -interval gear works for axes as well and I know several barbs that have no problem holding aggro with axes in kitty form. No, they don't hit as much, but they are better barbs overall, that's the truth, if you can't deal with it, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM.

Other then that, it's my opinion and as such it's entirely up to me what it is. If you can't live with me having different opinion than you, then you're out of luck because I am a highly opinionated and even more stubborn.

Don't worry, I value opinions highly, after all, this is a forum.

As for the -int for axes, it does not help holding aggro, I have 3.33 aps normal with Deicides, and only......1.11 for axes.

As for those barbs holding aggro, let me know how it goes when they have +10 Rank8/9 Archers and Wizzys bombarding the bosses. Normal tanking won't help, I've tried it loads of times already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @Longknife, Rawrgh and some other...

Note that I said CLAW, NOT 5 aps. Are you trying to tell me that a claw archer has as much DPS as a claw BM? Doubt it.

Read my post again, about all the advantages that a claw barb has....

And yes, a claw barb has as good DPS as a claw BM, reread my post if you missed it....

You have no idea how -interval works do you? Using it for axes is pointless, my -interval gears that take my claws from 1.45 to 3.33 take my axes from like 0.91 to 1.11

And yea, dual axe tanking bosses, whose in the squad? A 7x mage? Or is it one of those level 100 guys that run around with a +2 TT90 weapon. Try holding aggro from a rank8/9 and tell me how that works out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    5aps killed my brother..hit my sister and did things to me...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It blessed your life.b:cute

edited February 2011
    Options
    It blessed your life.b:cute

how were married b:cry
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I loled IRL. b:laugh

As for how the APS craze effected me, I've dealt with:

Idiotic fist BMs who say they can hold aggro from me when they don't have any -int gear. They can't even when I hold back. Sure, once they get their -int then I have little doubt that they'll be able to do so but between levels 40-80? No chance in hell.

BMs and other sins who talk about how OP they'll be when they hit 90+. So? They're not there yet so it doesn't matter at that point in time now does it?

People who kick me from squads for being a "fail cash shopper" after they look at my gear. Funny since what I have at the moment is actually worse than what my archer had at the same level (rank IV top and blood moon bracers for both, H&T vs W&C, ☆☆☆ on archer vs HH70/80 on sin). No one said **** about my gear back then but now people automatically assume that -int = CS without bothering to think that maybe a bit of effort and, I dunno, playing the ****ing game can get the same or comparable gear for the most part. Hell, some friends and I have been giving trophy mode in wraithgate a shot to get the -int cape. Haven't gotten gold yet but that's not stopping us.

"Can I have your bracers?" Can you not see that I'm using them?

"How much did you pay for those bracers?" I farmed them at great risk to my sanity.

"I'll buy your bracers for 1 mil." .............

"plzzzzzzzz, i ned ur bracers cn i hav for free??????!!!!!!!!!" -raises middle finger-

Will I get 5 APS? Maybe someday but if I can't farm it then I won't.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I loled IRL. b:laugh

As for how the APS craze effected me, I've dealt with:

Idiotic fist BMs who say they can hold aggro from me when they don't have any -int gear. They can't even when I hold back. Sure, once they get their -int then I have little doubt that they'll be able to do so but between levels 40-80? No chance in hell.

BMs and other sins who talk about how OP they'll be when they hit 90+. So? They're not there yet so it doesn't matter at that point in time now does it?

People who kick me from squads for being a "fail cash shopper" after they look at my gear. Funny since what I have at the moment is actually worse than what my archer had at the same level (rank IV top and blood moon bracers for both, H&T vs W&C, ☆☆☆ on archer vs HH70/80 on sin). No one said **** about my gear back then but now people automatically assume that -int = CS without bothering to think that maybe a bit of effort and, I dunno, playing the ****ing game can get the same or comparable gear for the most part. Hell, some friends and I have been giving trophy mode in wraithgate a shot to get the -int cape. Haven't gotten gold yet but that's not stopping us.

"Can I have your bracers?" Can you not see that I'm using them?

"How much did you pay for those bracers?" I farmed them at great risk to my sanity.

"I'll buy your bracers for 1 mil." .............

"plzzzzzzzz, i ned ur bracers cn i hav for free??????!!!!!!!!!" -raises middle finger-

Will I get 5 APS? Maybe someday but if I can't farm it then I won't.

first of all what teams kicks you cause you ahve crappy gear? I once had crappy gear for a long time and never got kicked from fc team b:avoid (back when i was lvl 80)

And for the people ask you for gear tell them to pis.."Shoo"
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    first of all what teams kicks you cause you ahve crappy gear? I once had crappy gear for a long time and never got kicked from fc team b:avoid (back when i was lvl 80)

And for the people ask you for gear tell them to pis.."Shoo"

Ive never been kicked for gear. Back in my 8x I was wearing R6 top and pants, Mold 69 Daggers, Lv 2x bracers and boots, and god knows what awful ornaments and helm.

In my 9x, wearing a good set of gear (Full TT90 green) I get kicked upon Sage Sparking tho. That made my ****ing day lol b:chuckle
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ive never been kicked for gear. Back in my 8x I was wearing R6 top and pants, Mold 69 Daggers, Lv 2x bracers and boots, and god knows what awful ornaments and helm.

In my 9x, wearing a good set of gear (Full TT90 green) I get kicked upon Sage Sparking tho. That made my ****ing day lol b:chuckle

Rank 6 is lvl 90.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol at everyone complaining that normal barb cant hold aggro...

does anyone remember when dds actually had to watch out not to steal aggro instead of facerolling over their hotkeys or sparkmacro afk whole time?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Rank 6 is lvl 90.

Obviously a typo because there are no R6 pants anyway... however R4 top + pants do exist.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Obviously a typo because there are no R6 pants anyway... however R4 top + pants do exist.

This, I meant R4. Brain froze b:surrender

I never used the R5-90 pants, TT90 were miles better lol.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Which has always confused me. What's the point of limiting the r4 pants to lvl 90, when you can get tt80 golds with the same defence's (and better stats).
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well, i did make a fist bm to try it out.... he is fun. lvl 66 atm

kinda haven't played him in 2 weeks though. mostly on my cleric now
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
    edited February 2011
    Options

yeah i don't kick sage sins when they are in fc with me but if they start to slack -kick-
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol at everyone complaining that normal barb cant hold aggro...

does anyone remember when dds actually had to watch out not to steal aggro instead of facerolling over their hotkeys or sparkmacro afk whole time?

Quoted for the truth.

LuLz at inverval not working for axes. Interval is NOT weapon based, you get the same -0,1 on axes as you get for fists. I don't care about your APS differense, that's not the point of a barb. Also please notice that I nowhere made any qualifiers about how WELL interval works with axes, that was never a part of my point.

And no, it is really hard to do Warsong runs with lv 7x players... you need high end DPS players there and I've seen a MULTITUDE of barbs keep aggro from high end APS players no less. The fact of the matter just is that it is possible for a good barb to hold aggro from APS archers and BM's in kitty form with dual axes. I've seen it happen, it can be done, deal with it.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Quoted for the truth.

LuLz at inverval not working for axes. Interval is NOT weapon based, you get the same -0,1 on axes as you get for fists. I don't care about your APS differense, that's not the point of a barb. Also please notice that I nowhere made any qualifiers about how WELL interval works with axes, that was never a part of my point.

And no, it is really hard to do Warsong runs with lv 7x players... you need high end DPS players there and I've seen a MULTITUDE of barbs keep aggro from high end APS players no less. The fact of the matter just is that it is possible for a good barb to hold aggro from APS archers and BM's in kitty form with dual axes. I've seen it happen, it can be done, deal with it.
    That's bull, there is not a single barb on my server that can hold aggro from me by using axes and tiger form.

I'd like to see some form of proof, because there is no way, not even with a +12 rank 9, that an axe barb can hold aggro from someone with 5.0 aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver
    Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How has the aps craze affected me?

It made many of my friends quit, made more of them rich, made some of them slaves to their gear, made more of them re-roll classes from anything that wasn't a sin or bm.....

Made it harder for me to get squads for TT but made a lot of barbs quit entirely so I never had a problem getting into FCs, deltas, TWs....

It made me stop spending any real money on the game, as I never had thousands of dollars to spend, I realized spending hundreds would have little benefit. It made me stop grinding heavily as well, now I just do enough to be charmed and have apothecaries for TW and the occasional delta and mostly log in to chat or mess around on alts.

I'm saving for a restat to claw so can be somewhat effective farming instances again, but I am just as likely to spend it on some refines and shards for my psychic to be better in TW and leave this barb as a puller/buffer only..... just waiting till the expansion now to see if I even care enough anymore for something as major as a build reset.

At this point I'm pretty sad about how the game has gone from a team-building game to a solo-farming business.

Um, what?
    With sage axe mastery and flesh ream I can BARELY hold aggro from players with 2.8+ aps and similar level/refined weapon, if they are careful and don't spark or use combo debuffs.... Maaaaybe an axe barb with +12 weapon could hold aggro from a 3.33aps with spark..... but I'd want to see video and proof the DD had all rings and tome equipped....

I wanna see this level 7x warsong run with "high end dps players" too.... sounds interesting, especially since most of the gear needed to be high aps isn't available till level 99.....

Edit: dangit Rawrgh! not only do you hit 5 times as fast as me, you post on the forums faster too!!!!
    All the world's a game,
    And all the men and women merely gamers:
    They have their wipes and their rezzes;
    And one man in his time plays many alts.