Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Comments

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @Chardenelle - 4/5 I like the look but her make up makes it kinda looks like she's been having insomnia. I'd change the makeup to something a litte different.

@Detsu - 4.5/5 I like the look a lot but I personally would thin the face out just a little.

@Veirdail - 1/5 Her lips are too thick IMO and her eyes are too wide for that make up making her head looked shaped funny. I don't like the colour of her lipstick at all and the armours colour justs makes it worse.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • neoredcomet
    neoredcomet Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Improved my Blader a bit:

2mc5zpv.jpg

Darkened the shadow to match the eyes, plus opened them up a tad bit. I also thickened the lips and added some color to them.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @Chardenelle
    You could improve on it by a lot, i still see most the preset in the character (like i do with a lot of people that bother showing them here), try edit her skin colour, her eye shape and position, do what ever with the nose, edit the mouth definitely, i see to many thin liped venos that dont bother touching it, same with the eyes really but for most people, to many squinty eyed characters for my liking, try also playing with her face shape, you can make your char look a lot different by simply editing the side/width of a characters head, as long as you edit other parts of there face of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Neoredcoment- Im not sure about the bright blue color choice, but! She's is unique in that and the hair choice isn't used often so well done with that.

Veirdail- the lips and eyes seem a bit large, but maybe that was the look that was being aimed for? I think the hair looks cute on her. [:

Detsu- I like my fish with more color but he still looks nice. That hat always makes me smile for some reason, on any char.

Chardenelle- I like the dark hair and eye color choice you picked quite a bit. She seems like a soft char. On another note, don't worry about pleasing other people. She is your char, so you should make her how you love her. I know my veno has a lot of mess-ups that need fixed or that others dislike, but she still makes me smile [:

Renza o.o that was epically helpful, seriously. Can you do me next? :D

side note- there's somethings I'd like to fix on her when I stop being cheap. I'd like to size her bust down as well as make her less thin around the waist. I think I want to make her less busty and maybe change her color theme. Not sure yet. Her head seems a bit small too in comparison.
    I like her chubby face personally xP
    venopsh.jpg

2011-01-0118-01-45.jpg

This is what she was originally going to be color wise, not sure if I should go to that or something else.
    pink2.jpg
  • Chardenelle - Heavens Tear
    Chardenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @Chardenelle
    You could improve on it by a lot, i still see most the preset in the character (like i do with a lot of people that bother showing them here), try edit her skin colour, her eye shape and position, do what ever with the nose, edit the mouth definitely, i see to many thin liped venos that dont bother touching it, same with the eyes really but for most people, to many squinty eyed characters for my liking, try also playing with her face shape, you can make your char look a lot different by simply editing the side/width of a characters head, as long as you edit other parts of there face of course.

Ouch. Didn't realize that she looked so unoriginal and generic. This is the preset I started with.
    3ebg1.jpg
    I know that you're just giving your opinion, and you are ENTIRELY entitled to your opinion, nor am I saying you are wrong, nor am I attempting to do anything offensive in anyway. But I'd just like to clarify. I did most of the things you suggested already, and more. I was hoping she wouldn't look like a preset, but I guess she does.
    c846w.jpg
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Heres Krissy again ^^

20110121115156.png

20110121113736.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Veirdail - Heavens Tear
    Veirdail - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    okay so thank you for all your suggestions!!!! i think that she didn't look that great and i improved her. i didn't really like my sister's design. she refuses to change the color scheme at all so i did my best
    tell me what you think?
    2r2ysmf.jpg
    i changed the eyeshadow to something more subtle and tried to make her more innocent, i guess?b:surrender If i made her look even worse im very sorry, im just a beginner. that's why im coming to you guys for advice xD
    ouz1pd.jpg
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Tearle: XD For some reason, when I first saw the one with the purple/pink hair mix, I thought of Anne Hathaway. I don't know, haha. Anyway, usually for the bat/devil-veno/dunnowhattocallit, I think dark hair colors go better than others like the one you have, blonde, brown, etc., but that's a personal thing. Her eyes are a bit big...and with big eyes, I usually expect softer colors. If I had to choose one, I'd prefer the one with the pink/purple hair, though the big eyes still bother me. For the orange hair, 3/5...and for the second: 3.5/5. T_T I hope that isn't harsh...but I don't like lying either...and no one else rated you either after you posted...x_x and I would've felt lazy or something if I didn't.

For Chardenelle, in your previous screenshot from the latest (if that made sense, lol), I don't really see a preset...but then again, it's been awhile since I actually went through the Venomancer preset collection. But yeah! Preset or not preset or even in between, your character is still lovely. She looks like a graceful young lady. I love the black hair/red lip shade combo is always a good choice. However, her eyes are a bit far apart to me among other things with the eyes. x_x; Sorry...3.7/5.

Krisnda, firstly, I would like to say I L-O-V-E your character's smile. It's also nice to see that hairstyle used more often...because well, I think you're the only person that I know of that uses it...XD But still! It's cute and it gives her a princess-y look. Her body also looks very proportionate which is sometimes hard to achieve for some people. She's a 4/5.

Actually Veirdail, you have made a lot of improvements! Your latest definitely screams "I'm sooooooooo innocent!", especially without the gigantic anime-like eyes you had previous (which was kinda scary...T_T no offense). The shape and form of the lips are especially pretty. The only thing I don't really like are the eyebrows, but that's just personal preference. For your character though, I think they are necessary to keep the super innocent look...but they also kind of make her look sad. ): ... On a cuteness scale, she's 4/5.
    -also, maybe try drawing her eyes a little bit closer together? not by much, and see if that does anything...o.o 'cause it seems slightly far apart...-

nve16w.png
    Some days I like this hair on Yana...and other days I hate it. DX Meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    @Veirdail - She looks a lot better, still not a fan of the green makeup thoughb:laugh 4/7

@Yanami - 5/5 She is beautiful but the only thing I don't like is to me her facial structure makes her nose look a little too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Yanami- that's not harsh at all! I'm very grateful for your opinion since no one else gave me one b:surrender My other chars all have more realistic looks after their makeoevers so I went crazy with this one and made me sort of chibi ish.

As for your sin, I adore her looks. I wish I could make a tideborn quite as elegant as yours <3 she's gorgeous!

Once again thank you for the rating ^-^ people seem to forget others post here for opinions, when they ask for ones themselves.

Cheers!

@krisnda- She's still a sweet looking char. She almost looks like she has a secret with the smile XD

@Veirdeil- definitly liking the second one better, her body seems a bit out of proportions but she looks better as an innocent one.
  • rawrbabyrawr
    rawrbabyrawr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This is my new Female BM
    I've been told several times already that she's very beautiful
    Comments? Feedback? Rating? Thanks
    30rskeg.jpg
    edited February 2011
    @rawrbabyrawr - Not bad but a little on the rought side. The eyebrows have strange look to them o.o and the yellow eye shadow clashes with the green eyes IMO. I'd thin the bottem lip a bit and give a her more of a smile. 2.5/5

Also I got bored and made a human xD I think she is ok I guess. Mostly just practising for the next expansion, I think I may of put her lips up a little too high. Any suggestions?
    Losf.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Detsu - Raging Tide
    Detsu - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @XXKimikoXx Very nice 4/5 maybe the eye's could be a tad bit closer together?

2011-02-0315-44-51.jpg

Rate pls. b:thanks Ty in advance.
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Pwi just deleted my reply for some reason so i'll type it again I suppose. Anyway would it be possible to get more opinions on my veno? Or should I just give up. Everyone's asking for opinions but no ones giving.
    ._.

ok!

Detsu- I've already given my opinion on your psy, the veno is a little hard to judge and I don't care for that hair too much but she's still a nice looking character from what I can see. She seems familiar. The random spot of neon in the background is amusing.

Kimi- her lips seem a little thin but she's a cute char none the less. Her lips might be alittle high, but not much if at all

Rawr- ok you said female bm ... and that's a male preset... so I'm thinking you're trolling. Either way the colors clash D: give it some different shades perhaps.
  • Twelve/am - Heavens Tear
    Twelve/am - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Tearle:
    Your veno is really cute. b:cute I enjoy the orange haired one more than the pink one though. Although, I'm not a fan of that hairstyle at all, xD; But it does look good on her n_n 4/5 for orange and 3.5/5 for the pink. There's just something I can't put my finger on... maybe the eyes? But you said you wanted a "chibi" look, and it does look like a chibi... I am just not a fan of chibi's, but that's my personal opinion. xD;

Chardenelle:
    Don't worry.. Renza is a big anti-preset. I think you could make the most original character ever and it would still be a preset to her. But we must obey her because she "has been playing since pwi started and can't stand to see any presets because she's seen too many of them". Personally, I've been playing since early 2009, and I've seen a bunch of presets and I can honestly say your veno doesn't look like one to me. Also, showing what preset you started from as compared to what she is after really clarified it. She's uber cute looking to me. To be honest, I see a lot of venos running around with black hair, thunder pony tail, thin, flat eyebrows, small pink lips and a fat, short face. Yours doesn't have those features which leads to originality. Once again, she's really cute and i give her a 4.5/5. Only thing is her eyebrows seem penciled on since they are really, really thin. But if you like them that way, keep them that way. n_n

Rawrbabyrawr:
    That is a hot girl. I want to marry her. b:kiss
    /sarcasm

Veirdail:
    Wow, those are some GREAT improvements to the archer. I really love her, even though I hate those colours. xD The only thing I have to complain about is her eyes seem a bit too far apart. Other than that 5/5

Yanami:
    I really envy your character, especially how you messed with the tattoos on her. She's so pretty and sort of exotic looking. 5/5

Kimi:
    I've always found it really hard to make a pretty wizzie, and yours is pretty. b:cute Only thing that bugs me is her lips are a little too thin and eyes seem to be cross eyed. Other than that 4/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggie by Susylu, ofc. :)

I'mma girl barb... because we are gonna need barbs when the new expansion comes out. b:cute
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @rawrbabyrawr - Not bad but a little on the rought side. The eyebrows have strange look to them o.o and the yellow eye shadow clashes with the green eyes IMO. I'd thin the bottem lip a bit and give a her more of a smile. 2.5/5

Also I got bored and made a human xD I think she is ok I guess. Mostly just practising for the next expansion, I think I may of put her lips up a little too high. Any suggestions?

I like her! I think I like her more than your cleric actually xD Cute.

Also I really hope you knew that was a male bm not female haha.
  • neoredcomet
    neoredcomet Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My 2 day mod period for my bladie is up and this is the result:

mhbzer.jpg

ojqcyx.jpg

As some may have noticed, i used a different shadow style that i felt looked pretty good. The lips are in the middle, size and color wize, of my first two trys.
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    All ratings are based on my personal opinion and some will be Harsh!
    That being said,
    XXBleachXx: 4/5 very hot

Veiraldi: Veno 3/5 I like the red hair but the features look too small for the face (some might find it cute) BM 4/5 eyeshadow is just a little off but overall a good look, Archer 3/5 cute but she's not wowing me

Detsu: 4.5/5 he a very good looking but masculine Psy and I know that isn't easy to accomplish (the second 2 person pic gets 9/10 very pretty)

Chardenelle: 4/5 something is off about her nose

noredcomet: 2/5 her eyes are too close together and I never like any female characters with ginormous knockers (my opinion) edit: after your most recent post 3/5 better :)

Krisinda: 4/5 I usually hate that hair but she pulls it off

Yanami: 3/5 elegant but just not working for me

XXKimikoXx: 2.5/5 her color scheme is kinda bland and either her lips are too pinched or her eyes are too big for the rest of her features

Now you all can rip my characters apart I'm looking for hard criticism.

First up Alyssa will be earning that free makeover scroll soon so any advice?
    2010-10-2622-54-41.jpg2010-10-2622-54-24.jpg

and for your viewing pleasure the lovely Alys
    2011-01-2820-54-34.jpg
    edited February 2011
    I like her! I think I like her more than your cleric actually xD Cute.

Also I really hope you knew that was a male bm not female haha.

I had a feeling it was a male BM but I didn't wanna be mean and now im so gender confusedb:shocked

Also thank you everyone for all the suggestions on the human.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011

Also thank you everyone for all the suggestions on the human.

For some reason when you said this... an image popped to my head of a tideborn asking for recipes on eating humans....

oh gosh.

Need moar sleep.
    b:sad
    edited February 2011
    For some reason when you said this... an image popped to my head of a tideborn asking for recipes on eating humans....

oh gosh.

Need moar sleep.
    b:sad

Haha I can picture that too xD

@Svedra - 2/5 for the first one. Her human ears sticking out look odd with her veno ears. Not fond of her eyebrows. I don't like hair you chose and it looks like something is wrong with her right eye o.o and the white on the lips from a graphical glitch doesn't help.

2/5 For the other one as well. I don't like the colour scheme for the hair. Her lips are to thick IMO and the graphical glitch doesn't help. Not fond of the way her head is shaped as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chardenelle - Heavens Tear
    Chardenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for all of the suggestions. I adjusted my veno design and made her eyebrows a bit thicker and her eyes closer together. She looks better now, in my opinion.
    24e83z7.jpg
  • Detsu - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    @Chardenelle I like what you have done with her, its a very natural look imo gratz b:pleased

Btw can anyone make me a sig? If so add my core connect acc.
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011

Btw can anyone make me a sig? If so add my core connect acc.

There's quite a few very well skilled signature makers under the fanatic's forums. Susylu, Nowitsawn, Dorset are just a few. If you really want one I recommend heading down there.
  • Detsu - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    There's quite a few very well skilled signature makers under the fanatic's forums. Susylu, Nowitsawn, Dorset are just a few. If you really want one I recommend heading down there.

K thank you for the info. b:thanks
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yay someone replied to my postb:thanks
    thank you Kimiko your critique was ... moderately helpful. I like big, wide, expressive mouths on my characters but I may someday tone Alys's down a smidgen, I will probably be changing Alyssa's eyes and down sizing her ears, maybe tweaking her colors a little. If anyone has any other suggestions feel free. I am all ears b:cool
  • diana08ph
    diana08ph Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    how can i put a photo too?
  • diana08ph
    diana08ph Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:surrender
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    diana08ph wrote: »
    how can i put a photo too?

I got this one >:D

Ok, you need to go to a site such as photobucket/image shack that hosts pictures, upload the picture and copy the Image code [IMG]one or the direct link :D[/img]
  • Foxy_RO - Raging Tide
    Foxy_RO - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    20110204203726.pngb:chuckle guys what do u think about me? b:cute
    I will try to put one with my face... :D