Why do you still play?

Wizzeled - Sanctuary
Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Why do any of you still play? Aside from the blind people that think the game's fine and everything and can't notice the obvious brokenness of various elements.

WHY do you as a player play this game still, what do you do on your daily game play that keeps you so drawn into the game?

Open question to all just answer what you do that is all.

If you do not play, do not reply.
Post edited by Wizzeled - Sanctuary on

Comments

• threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    People's replies when I kill them, and all the people who can't speak English are pretty funny too. :x
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    To play with friends. I'm a very patient person so I can still find fun in things I do, broken elements or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because there are still things I want to do in the game.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't.

Oh wait, you weren't talking about me. I can still answer your question though.

1) They have been blind-sided into believing you can still play for free by all the "IT IS TTLY STILL F2P" trolls, because these trolls never actually mention they're only F2P because they had a good amount of money/shards/gear/other essentials and alts before all this **** went down and the game turned to ****.

2) They're brand new players, have nothing to compare this to and therefore think this game's the bomb. It's not, but hey, don't kiss and tell, right?

3) They are the F2P trolls who scream how F2P this game is without ever mentioning how you needed to have already played for a good several months before the RT expansion and desperate sales that ruined this game's previous values.

4) They have the money to blow.

5) They are the rare but lucky person whose friends didn't ragequit and don't actually mind ignoring the F2P trolls and CS-money tards. And yes, you people should consider yourselves very lucky.

Simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2011
    Because I still enjoy helping faction members and because I haven't finished my guides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i dun play b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Cause i can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aleckane - Sanctuary
    Aleckane - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why do I still play...

To see the results of 2 years of hard work...

To help my wife Destiny...

To chat with and help the friends i've made...

Or when there's nothing else to do, to stand in Etherblade swiping wallets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You ain't gotta like me. You just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be." -Alec Kane-
  • Manacull - Sanctuary
    Manacull - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm new to mmo games in general, but at only 34, there's so much content that I've yet to experience, good and bad.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because I still have fun playing it, vent is funny as ****, and the people.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because I rerolled as a cleric and because I simply adore both my Kimi and Pix too much to stop playing for good.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    to unlock achievements...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    some old players play still because of friends, or faction, or just cause they are too lazy to start new game.

poor toons quit cause of frustration, as a result of game updates

rich players quit cause of boredom, as a result of game updates
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • RedDay - Archosaur
    RedDay - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Just 4fun... i dont like...pvp..tw...
  • Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide
    Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I still play because I'm new, and the people in the faction I'm in, as well as friends, are the best. I want to experience all of what this game has to offer.

I like to play it. Other people that don't don't. They have their own reasons that are of none of my concern.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    For my faction. :) I have good friends and I like helping out and kicking butt in TW. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Learn more English terms to help me with translation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i still play for acouple reasons.

-i enjoy chattin with friends
    -i want to rock out all the wierd biulds people insult
    -played it for years
    -cause it's the best free mmorpg i can find
    -studying classes to determine the best biuld for each is fun to me
    -i'm a stratigist, and there are so many different stratigies to explore

i will have to admit tho, if not for the expansion, i might've left. in my attempt to find the best biuld for each class, i've went through lvls 1-60 so many times on every class, with every biuld, with every skill set, with every armor type..... what can i say.... i got bored.... research waz my downfall. bored with the classes, but the game is still wonderful.

and i know there's way cooler stuff after lvl 60, but if i have ta go through those lvls again on any of the existing classes, i will go insane. i dun lvl as fast as you rich ingame hyper users wh play 24/7 with no pause, took me since the lost empire version to do all that research, and i am sick of it.

so thank you pwi, for releasing the expansion, cause when it comes, **** RESEARCH!!!! i'ma level a light armor mystic to lvl 105 for better or for worse, with 1 biuld. i'll let everyone else do the ****** research and serf the forums for it, i'm sick of disputing, when the earthguard come out, i want to remain blissfully ignorant of all the earthguard biulds except mine, *** research, and *** disputing, and thank you pwi, fer giving me a reason to keep playing, so i'm not just sitting here bored.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    for my friends, if I log on and none of my friends are on I just log off usually lol. Sad that pwi gives me nothing really to play for anymore, and has pushed a lot of my friends away from the game
  • Keirya - Raging Tide
    Keirya - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I've played this game for two years across two servers...Honestly at this point I only log on to talk to friends. I barely do anything anymore. After 90 the game really starts to suck. It gets boring. Spam fc, lv to 100, get gear, yeah i hate it. I've been 92 for a month. But, when youve got awesome people to talk to, it makes logging on worth while =)
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Other MMO's of this genre require skilled squad dynamics. I am not intelligent enough to pull that off so I play PWI. Solo-ing dungeons with perma-sparks is the perfect amount of challenge for me.

I also enjoy one sided TW victories. These boost my nearly non-existent self esteem so I can deal with the fact I have stayed in yet another Friday/Saturday night.

• TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because I don't feel like starting over in a new MMO again. And I like talking to my faction xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    -cause it's the best free mmorpg i can find

Sadly this for me, if I could find something better that is free I would be gone.
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Other MMO's of this genre require skilled squad dynamics. I am not intelligent enough to pull that off so I play PWI. Solo-ing dungeons with perma-sparks is the perfect amount of challenge for me.

I also enjoy one sided TW victories. These boost my nearly non-existent self esteem so I can deal with the fact I have stayed in yet another Friday/Saturday night.

hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahh

good one b:victory

I play because .....I'm bored.......wanna learn new stuff...yea...something like that

b:bye
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Gives me nice peaceful music, and a pretty background to look at while I'm IMing my friends b:laugh
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play so that I can achieve my last goal I've set in this game and that is to finish my culti and get stone smasher..

... which at this rate, I'll never achieve due to no one on HT wanting to help.

yayyy.................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011

lol..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Even though there are some broken features, I still enjoy playing. I enjoy chatting with friends and helping people in faction. I enjoy grinding and doing instances with friends and faction.
    I enjoy reading all the world chat drama while doing quests. Have enjoyed reading some of your world chats I gotta say Wizzeled. :x

And besides that. I'm not lvl 89 yet and haven't been able to explore heaven and hell yet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    5) They are the rare but lucky person whose friends didn't ragequit and don't actually mind ignoring the F2P trolls and CS-money tards. And yes, you people should consider yourselves very lucky.

This.
    And in the short time that I've been playing I've met some cool *** people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Simply put... The people. I took a break from the game for a while, when the anni packs were driving everybody nuts and sending things down the drain. I've recently returned, and strangely enough, found that many of the old peeps I used to play with either never left or are returning as well.

At this point, I could really care less what kind of updates & changes PWI adds... I play to spend time with the wonderful friends I've made. Everything else is just gravy.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.