Why do you still play?

124»

Comments

• Yali - Harshlands
    Yali - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    no matter how broken, it's sometimes still fun to run around and do stupid things when bored.
    Further, and most importantly... social contacts. The point of plating an mmo is *gasp* other people.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    thats not playing, and if you just log in to PM friends, why not lessen the lag for the rest of us who DO play, get their real life emails,etc, and talk to them in the real world?

Do you have any idea how little difference that would make?

There is lag in instances, and that lag has nothing to do with catshops or people running around BSing all day long. There simply are too many people on the Pentium II's they have running this game for them to handle the load. You wanna QQ about lag, tell PWI to use the thousands of dollars a month they get form the idiot cash shoppers to buy new server hardware, double or triple the number of physical servers, upgrace the bandwidth, and add some Midwest servers to distribute the server load better (not to mention EU servers, and maybe an Aussie server, but, lets not go there; "International" strictly means "United States" for these people we have to remember).

A few people chatting is going to have the same impact as a few catshops. Seeing how there are probably .8 catshops per active players at any given time... That might just be 20 people on any given server, random guess.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Because we want to and can.

Why do you NOT play?

Because you don't want to.

Get it?
  • Foxy_RO - Raging Tide
    Foxy_RO - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i dont know... because i love it but...somebody steam my scarlet ninetails,lovebird dress,side pony,eastern haridress and a skirt :(( they steal me almost all wut i had!b:cryb:cry
  • Foxy_RO - Raging Tide
    Foxy_RO - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    steal*b:cry
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    New reason of still playing : to get a good laugh when PWE ****'s something up again. I used to get very upset at these things but it's so much easier when you're not expecting anything from this game anymore.

And most of my playing these days involves doing what a lot of ppl that " play " the game do which is : catshop,weekly events,TW. Tbh the game is more enjoyable if you only do that just don't have any high expectations,don't mind when that r9 +12 psy 1 shots u for 3x your hp or when that 4 aps r9 dagg sin kills you b4 AD takes effect and just do whatever's fun for you with whoever you want.

Long story short : don't care about what happens to the game as it's not worth getting upset,stressed,annoyed,etc at it anymore,ijs.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    because i enjoy the compliments i get on my barbary.

because growing a faction from ground up, bringing in genuinely new players, and winning TW is rewarding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Because it is still free to play and because its fun. Just because someone else has all the best gears and stuff doesn't mean you can't enjoy your char and your gear, be they "****" or else. Just because someone else owns a lamborgini doesn't mean I can't enjoy riding around in my used car, broken elements or not. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Just because you feel one way about the game doesn't mean that someone who doesn't is "blind," or anything like that. And you know what? I think that the old gold prices were too low. They weren't a good value. I think gold SHOULD be higher than 100k. If i'm going to spend my hard earned money on a game, I sure as hell better be getting something worth my time and I don't want to have to spend 10 dollars to get something thats worth just 1 million coins. Just because someone doesn't see things the way you do, doesn't make them wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Lulouch - Dreamweaver
    Lulouch - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    play to chat with poeple =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find the cube kinda cool, open pk, its free, new content (even if its broken/does'nt fit into the setting), and a few pals.

Even though this game has been quite molested, its still one of the best free mmorpgs I've ever played...

It was better though...
  • LitModel - Archosaur
    LitModel - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why do any of you still play? Aside from the blind people that think the game's fine and everything and can't notice the obvious brokenness of various elements.

WHY do you as a player play this game still, what do you do on your daily game play that keeps you so drawn into the game?

Open question to all just answer what you do that is all.

If you do not play, do not reply.

i play so i may troll, not just anyone though. i troll a special bro. he is Pope Brogaddi the IV. (actual name is _Geogaddi, hope u like that one sanc people :D and he was formerly _Mango).
    b:chuckle i wonder if he will QQ about me posting this here?

BROMEN!
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am just that cool b:bye thats why i still play! just sooo coool b:cuteb:dirty
  • Jhendudz - Archosaur
    Jhendudz - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the graphics in this game are very awesome. i like the surroundings.b:laugh
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If there is a necro in this thread, here are my reasons:

- I don't play in a competitive manner, nor wish to go PvP or accelerate the process of reaching higher levels (which ultimately leads to boredom and frustration, by the way);
    - I have all sorts of characters, all classes, all active and I love them all;
    - I am not the type to join a MMO and leave it like that for too long. I play it long-term wise or don't play at all.

Among other things.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I left for a year and half, played other stuff, came back.

PWI is extreemly glitchy, I know, but I've seen games with broken quests, awful graphics, **** comunity, random glitches, getting officially released, with beta reports that got dutifully ignored. I've played completely polished games too, but with an almost inactive comunity.

So, while I wait for better polished games to get released...there's nothing better to do than hang around in pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
This discussion has been closed.