Why do you still play?

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Addiction..... pretty much bored now, kinda pointless, you leveled to 100 + only thing to do is get better gear, then again something better, I even need to force myself to do dailies and BH`s but on a positive note - you can always talk to your friends, help with something. Also kinda bad I can`t do TW`s couse of a **** PC and a bad timezone, nevertheless, I hope that I will have something better to do (for a while) when the expansion comes out. b:sad
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    For the shortest version of this; I still enjoy playing. Now here goes to the long part.

I do cash shop, indeed, but not to the point that my gear is 100% cash-shopped only about 25%. I still play because of my ingame husband; he means a lot to me and if he still wants to play, then I'll play it.

My friends are a big impact too. My best friend plays and she's pretty addicted (you're welcome Ida <3) and I have a lot of great friends in my faction and out that mean a ton to me. I'm sure these people can guess who they are, but I won't list. ;)

Customization. <3 I absolutely love the customization in this game. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I still play because i cant find any better free to play game. I enjoy talking to whats left of my faction m8es after our small TW faction broke up cus our ldr couldnt handle the stress and kicked every one b:cry. Ive only gotten 1 char to lvl 100 sense i lvl very slowly and just grind for my money sense i suck at merching and i wnt to get 1 of each class to 100 before the game gets un playable for me sense im f2p and never rlly can afford to dump any cash in the game with bills and ****(ive actually never spent a dime sense i started playing pwi on oct 29th 12:54 am 2008b:avoid). I sometimes do instances but once ive been in an instance 5 or more times i litterally fall alseep doing it. Plus i need something to do to burn some time and to relieve some stress from day to day life(pwi is starting to ruin this aspect for meb:infuriated) so until this game becomes completely unplayable ill still be here w8ing and watching
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play mostly because a handful of RL friends (who introduced me to this game) and my wife (who I met from this game) play, and I haven't found something better to do. Although, because I still like playing, I focus on more positive things (when in game, of course), which is why some that have PM'd me on the server about my forum posts notice a very different attitude. When I've finally decided to stop playing this game, I move on, no whine, no QQspam that some stalker ex's-that-can't-move-on-like people do.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play.. because it's fun. I enjoy the game.

No rush to huge levels for me, I'll stop at 90 for a while, maybe play my minibarb a bit.

Crush things, talk to faction, have fun.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My friends are a big impact too. My best friend plays and she's pretty addicted (you're welcome Ida <3)

Aweh~ It's all your fault. b:chuckle

I still play because I enjoy the game. I started to play because I was bored and Bella here had been telling a lot about it, so heck, why not. I can't possible lose something(apart from time of course) on playing it, I put as much money into the game as I want to and yeah. Despite the bugs and the recent sales the game is basically still the same and still contains the elements that made me enjoy it in the first place.

I still have several goals in the game(like, hitting 89 and going demon/sage) and my friends are still here, not to mention my boyfriend(Sothangel<3). So before they leave and before I've succeeded in reaching my goals I probably won't leave.

And as Graviora said, the customization is amazing. I could spend hours just creating new characters since there is so many options. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sentimental reasons.

I just can't seem to let go of the place I met a special someone b:cuteb:kiss
  • OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver
    OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sometimes i play, sometimes i dont. most of the time im just a merchant making an honest living on the streets of West Arch. Rent is high and the living conditions dont quite make up for it. Occasionally i find a job that would pay good. Although what i bring home to sell doesnt quite cover the expenses. Repairs, food... yup, another day in West Arch...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I ask the same question back to u wizzeled since my friend told me the truth why u playing online games.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    To kill Wizzled.

Also none of the other games I tried really grew on me & Vika doesn't wanna start new one.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because a special person that I've met here still wanted me to play,even if not nearly as much as before.Although I'm hoping on playing FW with her more. b:cute
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because I have goals to achieve.
    Because I've met a lot of great people.
    Because the game is cool and it helps me relax after the work day.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because I cant chill out and pass 8 hours grinding in any other game ive tried as happily as I can here.

Faction chat, vent (Not my factions, LOL. Kinda fun to be friends with an entire faction you arnt in b:chuckle), any PvP that bothers to approach my veno or my sins grind spots and of course World Chat.

---All in all, for the people I know, for the people I hate, and the people ive yet to meet. PW still has an impressivly diverse playerbase and its fun to talk to a lot of them.

Stil just grinding away on my mobs, earning my stuff over a rediculous amount of time..... I managed to get the cash for level 9 HeadHunt yesterday. Now I need to grind 1,050,000 for Level 10 Q___Q (Then another 3.8 mill to max Power Dash D:). But people make it less boring and more fun. :P
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because I like to annoy people. <- related to game
    Because I like to annoy Grim. <- related to forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kahurangi - Sanctuary
    Kahurangi - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Despite the game being broken, I'm here because there's still some game content I haven't experienced, and for my friends <3 I think if they weren't playing, I'd be gone. I also love the game customisation, as far as I know this game seems to have the best one.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Couse i still dont have EVERY SINGLE Rare Pet, Fashion, Mount & Fly in my inventory in this game. b:chuckle
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i dont know any better free mmo so far.

so i still play it while i am waiting for another mmo (Gee double you too ) xD
    well dunno if the name is censored here.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wow, another good thread :D

Why do I still play PW even if (if you've ever read any of my posts) I think it's economy is severely out of whack?

Simple.

It's still without peer in the F2P MMO category.

What other F2P game: Has graphics this impressive? Plays this open and smoothly? Has this much variation in avatar appearance?

It's true that the game economy isn't as conducive to F2P vs P2P balance as it was when the first servers went live.

It's also true that the disparity between F2P and P2P players is widening gradually over time.

And yet, it's STILL also true (IMO) that PW is the best F2P game available to players today.

Play for your own enjoyment, find friends if you like, set your own goals and play at your own pace.
  • jfmoreno
    jfmoreno Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because I'm not interested in PVP, TW or owning the most uber gear in game and just do it for fun and the challenge of doing quests and bosses replacing said uber gear with some brains.

And then add a little more gameplay challenge by controlling two pc's to play a barb and a cleric at once. It was quite boring when I played only the barb basically spamming flesh ream and only an ocassional cancel or roar here and there.
  • TOtOty - Heavens Tear
    TOtOty - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    y u care?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tOtOty | Heavens Tear VenoMANcer | (Cow) TotalSin
  • CTRLotus - Sanctuary
    CTRLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play to pass th time before a new mom comes out. Need to change siggy to azura guardian though...
    Cant make up my mind D:
    Maybe.. human guardian?
  • gamekillz
    gamekillz Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Couse i still dont have EVERY SINGLE Rare Pet, Fashion, Mount & Fly in my inventory in this game. b:chuckle

been my goal since first day of CB, and yet still to achieve it, but its really fun trying.

Reason I still play (been playing since first day of CB) is because this game has the addiction level RS use to have, it drags you in and messes with your life, you tell yourself you'll leave, but come back after trying other MMOs, but not feeling the way you felt playing it.

Also, the nostalgia factor, near constant updates, and the abilitly to buy everything in the game without spending one penny is a big draw for me and always has been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona
    Pacem et vitam longam
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play to pass th time before a new mom comes out. Need to change siggy to azura guardian though...

I still play to beat noob wizzies by stacking flesh ream on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    first of all, if you hate this game so much, why are you here?

there is a simple cure for the pain this game causes you: uninstall and never come back to this forum.

as for myself and my family, we play because we like this game. we've been here since the beginning, and we still love it. we've played many of the other online games, and find this is still the best.

no, we are no longer cash shoppers- real life is too expensive to blow money here. so there goes the theory of the PTP addicted player.

we are very frustrated with problems in how PWE is running the game, but that is how it is run, not the game overall.

it totally mystifies me that someone like you, and many other sourpusses continue to post garbage like this. here is an invitation: there is the door. i hold it open for you, and close it behind you. now you should be happy, no longer tortured by this game.

good byeb:bye

Why do any of you still play? Aside from the blind people that think the game's fine and everything and can't notice the obvious brokenness of various elements.

WHY do you as a player play this game still, what do you do on your daily game play that keeps you so drawn into the game?

Open question to all just answer what you do that is all.

If you do not play, do not reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play to see Wizzeled's WCs, of course... b:victory

I also play because playing the market is fun, and I can live with the fact that a lot of things are completely pointless in-game while still enjoying the game.

There are F2P RPGs that have superior graphics/gameplay, but they usually lock-down trade between players and thus funnel you into playing the game a certain way, which just doesn't appeal to me.

there is a simple cure for the pain this game causes you: uninstall and never come back to this forum.
    Whoa, ease up there! Why are you attacking one of the game's most loyal/well-know/financially-contributing players?

There's a huge difference between people who hate the game and troll the forums and those who love the game and are upset at what they consider negative changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I log in rarely. Last time I actually played was for tw, which is the only last thing in this game I enjoy. However thats not even enough to have me log in every weekend. I may log in more when new classes arrive.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Dontcha just love them new moms? b:dirty
  • Kassiyah - Dreamweaver
    Kassiyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I can't find a game as good as this one that's F2P. I wish there were an alternative, a plethora of F2Ps that had the same or greater level of character customizations (which is a must for me), decent pve content and large community as this one. Unfortunately, when I find a semi-good mmo I hold onto it because there isn't a whole lot to choose from.

There is one mmo out there that's like pwi that's P2P that has half of what I want but it's pvp oriented and annoying after awhile. So that's why I'm still hereb:surrender
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I do as I want to get my Cleric and Veno to sage or demon but I am on break atm and busy with other things.I log in to check the updates as well as the TW map.I have invested money in the game for entertainment purposes.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Vangora - Lost City
    Vangora - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011

as for myself and my family, we play because we like this game. we've been here since the beginning, and we still love it. we've played many of the other online games, and find this is still the best.

no, we are no longer cash shoppers- real life is too expensive to blow money here. so there goes the theory of the PTP addicted player.

we are very frustrated with problems in how PWE is running the game, but that is how it is run, not the game overall.

it totally mystifies me that someone like you, and many other sourpusses continue to post garbage like this. here is an invitation: there is the door. i hold it open for you, and close it behind you. now you should be happy, no longer tortured by this game.

good byeb:bye

He was just asking a simple question, no need to be rude. Also being level 81 doubt you even play much if you joined in 2008... Poster should of also said keep verbal insults to yourself.
This discussion has been closed.