Why do you still play?

Comments

• Diverse - Harshlands
    Diverse - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i play because my char isnt done yet?
    idk, to get a sort of, sense of achievement by getting what i want?
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    besides all the time and money I've spent on this game and even though I hate that its all about aps now and power lvling noobs theres still a small part of me that enjoys the game
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why do any of you still play? Aside from the blind people that think the game's fine and everything and can't notice the obvious brokenness of various elements.

WHY do you as a player play this game still, what do you do on your daily game play that keeps you so drawn into the game?

Open question to all just answer what you do that is all.

If you do not play, do not reply.

dude lmao, I remember when you ragequit this game like 80 times lololololololololol. World chat QQ, setting up shop titled "quitting game", why do YOU still play lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Several reasons, actually:

A)I like my friends and my faction; they are practically my family. One of my faction mates stood between me and Wurlord and died to protect me, it was, of course, before we knew what Wurlord's weaknesses were(Low HP, no AoE, the only one that moves when trying to pull). I always do my damnedest to make sure no one dies on my watch. If someone dies, I have to remind myself that this is just a game. I get over it and try not to make the same mistake twice.

B) The fact that Perfect World is not our world, thusly making it better; you can always kill monsters and those that bring grief to the inhabitants in Perfect World, whereas in the real world there are monsters, but you can't kill them legally. (Unless you're on that one island where all the Bounty Hunters live...) So what if there are new, seemingly better (which I still am not 100% sold on), classes on the server? The principle behind what I'm trying to say is this: In Perfect World, you are praised for killing monsters and people that cause harm to others, whereas in the real world you can do no such thing without major repercussions, both legally, emotionally, and financially.

C)You can fly without using airplanes or gliders. Freedom of movement is not hindered by typical real world physics. In the real world? You can't land safely on the top of a mountain top meant for only one person. On Perfect World? Just land wherever you want.

D)Plenty of photo opportunities as well as creativity. Tired of looking plain in real life? Make a wild looking character on Perfect World. If you live in a big city or a city with a lot pollution? Play Perfect World and forget, if only for a moment, that the world around you exists.

and, finally,

E) The story line intrigues me. When you actually stop and take the time to read the dialog and books, the world becomes even more realistic.

And, yet again, I make a long *** post...b:shutup
  • Primal_Roar - Heavens Tear
    Primal_Roar - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play for only 1 reason:
    I want to play.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The only reason kinda is pvp... besides annoying sins that is.
    too amusing too kill heavy cashshoppers and r8's having crappy gear myselfb:surrender
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why do any of you still play? Aside from the blind people that think the game's fine and everything and can't notice the obvious brokenness of various elements.

WHY do you as a player play this game still, what do you do on your daily game play that keeps you so drawn into the game?

Honestly, I do it because I like helping those that struggle.

You know I Cash Shop when I can, and many cannot. They get out there, try really really hard to get the TT mats, the cultis done w/o a charm or functional party and etc.

I see many in open chat almost begging to get help with a boss, or try to figure out where the Teleporter is or just has questions. I try to help, if I can.

I see the smaller level at west struggling to fit in with the high level, amazingly geared ones standing along side them at west. And often being pked by them. But they hold their own, and often get alot of abuse about their lack of level or refines or TT armor.

Often I pm them, say hey your doing great, need help with culti bosses, or want a TT run (I'll donate my drops) just pm me. And I try to undo some of the damage, the others are doing to this person that really REALLY is trying damn hard.

I see someone struggling, I ask them of they want an assist (not help - since help sounds kinda lame).

That is what I love about PWI - that I have plenty of people to help and it is what keeps me here.

I also love the TW's, the PK wars and ... well all of it.

My goal is R9, and the real reason is this. Because I am PVE and want to be able to do more - help more... be stronger so others can squad me and we can go get them some TT mats or hell.. just have fun rolling some mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ***Great answer!***b:victory
    Several reasons, actually:

A)I like my friends and my faction; they are practically my family. One of my faction mates stood between me and Wurlord and died to protect me, it was, of course, before we knew what Wurlord's weaknesses were(Low HP, no AoE, the only one that moves when trying to pull). I always do my damnedest to make sure no one dies on my watch. If someone dies, I have to remind myself that this is just a game. I get over it and try not to make the same mistake twice.

B) The fact that Perfect World is not our world, thusly making it better; you can always kill monsters and those that bring grief to the inhabitants in Perfect World, whereas in the real world there are monsters, but you can't kill them legally. (Unless you're on that one island where all the Bounty Hunters live...) So what if there are new, seemingly better (which I still am not 100% sold on), classes on the server? The principle behind what I'm trying to say is this: In Perfect World, you are praised for killing monsters and people that cause harm to others, whereas in the real world you can do no such thing without major repercussions, both legally, emotionally, and financially.

C)You can fly without using airplanes or gliders. Freedom of movement is not hindered by typical real world physics. In the real world? You can't land safely on the top of a mountain top meant for only one person. On Perfect World? Just land wherever you want.

D)Plenty of photo opportunities as well as creativity. Tired of looking plain in real life? Make a wild looking character on Perfect World. If you live in a big city or a city with a lot pollution? Play Perfect World and forget, if only for a moment, that the world around you exists.

and, finally,

E) The story line intrigues me. When you actually stop and take the time to read the dialog and books, the world becomes even more realistic.

And, yet again, I make a long *** post...b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I still play but not much at all.

I still have some friends here that I like to play with. I wish I could take them with me to my other game.b:chuckle

I also have the hope that one day they will modernize the gameplay, making worth it to have high level toons here for my return.

However, I dont hate the game. It was my first MMORG and will always mean something special for me.

b:victory
  • Vanok - Sanctuary
    Vanok - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Simple, I like the game therefore I play it. It aint rocket science
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play cos my friends are still here and I still find the game enjoying.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play because I enjoy collecting fashion and customizing my character, lol. ^.^ (I'm a girl).
    And of course because of my hubby / friends / faction. We have lotsa fun together (dailies, quests, helping alts)... (:
  • Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i play because
    1. the looks of the flying mounts always keep me drawn back
    2. a new class is coming out
    3. i like BHs
    4.i take time on this game not like other people hyperlvling (if i lvl to 100 quick and easy i'd just get sick of the game)
    5. the looks of the skills are just beautiful to me
    6. friends. duh! b:chuckle
    7. the feeling you get when exploring new places just gets you more into it!
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play beucase I have goals I haven't met yet, and I will get those goals. Also I still enjoy the gameplay when I am bored of one thing in the game I go do something else or do it in a different way, I also love the social aspect of this game. This game is no worse then some other major MMOs... and it's better then 90% of the f2ps I have tried, I've only found two that even come close but the gameplay in them is not my cup of tea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Social aspect is still fun :)

And maybe you wouldn't hate the game if you hadn't poured most of your money into this game to become the most OP person ever.

Just sayin'

EDIT: Am i thinking of the right person? He made a thread a while ago about quitting or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • SarraCrit - Sanctuary
    SarraCrit - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play because I have nothing else to do.

Though, with my friends getting more and more busy, I may spend more of my time elsewhere. And if a DLC comes out for another game I play, I may go to that for a while.
  • Kalmahri - Sanctuary
    Kalmahri - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I keep asking myself "why?"while i agree this could be considered a great game for newcomers but for me and the rest like me who have up to two years or more into this game, know what it used to be and see what it has become and where it is going..iv tried to quit but i get pulled back into it in the end, it isn't as fun as it once was, the price of gold has risen as much as 9x since i started, maybe I'm a creature of habit but all in all i Still have good times and great friends..people enjoy playing PWE and always will, if you don't like it you don't have to play it, its as simple as that.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I ask the same question back to u wizzeled since my friend told me the truth why u playing online games.

There is only "one" truth and it's what I say, others can only spew rumors and lies, few can state the truth, and those that can don't waste their time talking to everyone else about me.

But to answer I don't play, mostly I just log in and pm friends.
  • onekrazydude
    onekrazydude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I ask myself daily about this question. After i hit lvl 90 upgrade all my equip to lvl90. I just lost interest in playin this game. All i do now is log on daily to do the CS quest. Maybe the only reason I play is that this is the first game that took me almost two year just to save up for a herc.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    because I still have fun :)

I won't worry my head over these issues anymore. Being a non-CSer, I won't have to look back and think "omg i blew so much money on that failing game what a waste"
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because
    When The Sun Shines, We'll Shine Foreva
  • XShizuko - Dreamweaver
    XShizuko - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play because I want to prove that I do NOT suck at all games...DITTO. b:chuckle (Okay maybe I do but I don't like other people telling me I suck at gaming D=)
    [SIGPIC]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8250/lollr.gif[/SIGPIC]

この静かな夜に...
    In this silent night...

在这宁【静】的夜晚中
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play cuz I find the game enjoyable.

Sorry Wizzled, not everyone spends $10k+ on a game to get endgame gear/refines, and then finds theres nothing to do since it's a PvE server.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Sorry Wizzled, not everyone spends $10k+ on a game to get endgame gear/refines, and then finds theres nothing to do since it's a PvE server.

Could not have said it better b:victory
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play because I want to prove that I do NOT suck at all games...DITTO. b:chuckle (Okay maybe I do but I don't like other people telling me I suck at gaming D=)

Sorry but you do suck, you're a sinb:surrender
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2011

What he spent on the game has nothing to do with it. I have spent maybe 500 bucks in 2 years (be 3 years at the end of March). I find the game even boring. I have gear to get still. It's just not worth it actually. Stop hating on the cash shoppers.

You are still low lvl at lvl 94 so sure you haven't run into the monotony of the game yet. At lvl 100 even I still enjoyed the game. You'll soon find out.
  • assassinsin101
    assassinsin101 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because there's only a few female Psychics on Harshlands over level 100....and I want to be one of them.
    Assassins....twice the ****, but only sinners once. b:victory
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I still play because I found my soulmate here, we're having fun together <3
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • JollyCleric - Lost City
    JollyCleric - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't. Sins are over-powered, charms ruin pvp because charmed people always win (or people who spend the most money always win), and the red-name time limit is annoying. If PW want's to make this game better, they should take away charms, take away sins invisible ability, and put an auto-white-name item in the cash shop.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    thats not playing, and if you just log in to PM friends, why not lessen the lag for the rest of us who DO play, get their real life emails,etc, and talk to them in the real world?

There is only "one" truth and it's what I say, others can only spew rumors and lies, few can state the truth, and those that can don't waste their time talking to everyone else about me.

But to answer I don't play, mostly I just log in and pm friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
This discussion has been closed.