Petition for Barbarian class.

Options

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    one time may be funny to some, but for many players to have the same piece of garbage, flashing from the bottom of so many sigs, is annoying, to put it mildly. please find a quieter way to express your ragequit, or better yet, leave, and take the sig with you.

Obviously, even after you're told, the concept of parody eludes you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    one time may be funny to some, but for many players to have the same piece of garbage, flashing from the bottom of so many sigs, is annoying, to put it mildly. please find a quieter way to express your ragequit, or better yet, leave, and take the sig with you.
    Why do I have a sense of deja vu..

Oh, right! From a previous topic..
    if you hate this game so much, as your completely obnoxious sig screams, why dont you just leave, and let those of us who still love it here in peace?
    If you're going to derail a topic with a personal attack at least make sure your reading comprehension skills are above third grade level. Until then keep reading the sig over and over 'til it hits you what is actually being said, and maybe try to stay on topic?

b:laugh

At one point the fact that this sig is making fun of ragequitters and melodramatic "game is dead" users is going to hit your feeble mind, along with the concept of what a parody is. When it does, send me a "lol", k?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think Barb's should have a passive skill in Tiger Form that gives an APS boost. I'm thinking... + 1.0APS at level 29, +2.0APS at 49, and +3.0APS at 59. 5.0 Barb in Tiger Form... That would be awesome to see.

You are nuts...
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You are nuts...
    Probably. I laughed every time I saw a 5 APS barb attacking in tiger form so far.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its **very** difficult to read a post or thread when this kind of sig is detracting from the OP's material on so many threads. wherever i go, at some point, this found. has it ever occured to you that for many people it makes it difficult or even painful to have that flashing? God help anyone with epilepsy or who have siezures, because this kind of thing can cause them a lot of trouble.

show a bit of courtesy, and please switch to something unflashing. or go back to the 1970s, where everything was flashy.
    Why do I have a sense of deja vu..

Oh, right! From a previous topic..

b:laugh

At one point the fact that this sig is making fun of ragequitters and melodramatic "game is dead" users is going to hit your feeble mind, along with the concept of what a parody is. When it does, send me a "lol", k?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i haven't read all the post in this thread but there is actually a way to make the aps problem go away, but it does need a few steps.

I wonder if you and I would agree on our definitions of "the aps problem".

Personally, I suspect we might not.

From my point of view, the "aps problem" is that we do not have enough content where 5aps is not the best answer.

And we know that they can make such content: snowmen, delta, normal monsters, puzzle rooms, and so on, are all places where 5aps has been like a fish with a bicycle. So its nothing fundamentally broken about the game itself.

I think its just that we have too much end game content where the 5aps approach is the best approach, and not enough of any other kind of content.

Once upon a time, I remember threads where people complained about the lack of challenges other than bosses with huge amounts of health. So, someone found out how to efficiently deal with that kind of challenge and its time for some new challenges. (And, I expect that the Genesis expansion will includes some of those new challenges.)

But I would like if barbarians could hold aggro better...
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think Barb's should have a passive skill in Tiger Form that gives an APS boost. I'm thinking... + 1.0APS at level 29, +2.0APS at 49, and +3.0APS at 59. 5.0 Barb in Tiger Form... That would be stupidly broken with demon barbs using axes.

Fixed.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Fixed.

what he said.

Biased upgrade for barb skill is biased yob:bye
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its **very** difficult to read a post or thread when this kind of sig is detracting from the OP's material on so many threads. wherever i go, at some point, this found. has it ever occured to you that for many people it makes it difficult or even painful to have that flashing? God help anyone with epilepsy or who have siezures, because this kind of thing can cause them a lot of trouble.

show a bit of courtesy, and please switch to something unflashing. or go back to the 1970s, where everything was flashy.
    Firstly, you obviously could read and understand the sig to enough of a degree to respond so pompously. That's why you commented on it. You just misinterpreted it, at least on two different occasions you decided to jump into a thread and comment on my sig. Hence why I'm not buying, nor am sympathetic to that argument..

Secondly, going from telling me to **** off and remove the sig because it's not your flavor of humor (humor which you didn't even grasp at first), which didn't work, to now it can cause people with epilepsy to have an episode (I'm pretty sure the flashing from fox form myriad rainbow on a large group of mobs would be way worse, at least, given the experience of dealing with an uncle with epilepsy) isn't going to win any favors either.

Thirdly, can you take down your sig of a moving fox with makeup on? PETA doesn't approve of testing makeup on animals. Also, I have an uncontrollable inclination to discharge an SG550 at foxes when I see them running around in constant motion.

Fourthly, PWI really needs to make barb aggro skills stronger.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    From my point of view, the "aps problem" is that we do not have enough content where 5aps is not the best answer.

It's interesting you bring this up : the definition of "aps problem". That definition will be different from person to person.

For me "aps problem" is an outbalance created by massive chi gain that results from the exponential effect of -interval gear on aps based weapons (fists and daggers). With outbalance I mean that any class would be the most efficient DD using fists (besides sins that better use daggers ofc). Archers using fists rather then bow even when nothing is forcing them to be close to the boss is an outbalance imo. Each class should be most efficient using his own weapon (and skills).

This is why I believe, the one and only way to bring balance back, is to solve to change the effect of -int adds. The fact it builds up exponentially is creating the "aps problem" (ofc from my point of view). Any tweaks in content, on skills, casters att power etc would be inefficient. Rather solve the heart of the problem then just keep easing it's bad effects.
  • Xyar - Sanctuary
    Xyar - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wonder if you and I would agree on our definitions of "the aps problem".

our definitions are somewhat similar. mine is more towards aps forcing everyone else out of their jobs.

no one needs barbs to tank in high lvls any more, a sin, which is suppose to be a squishy and an attack-then-run class with light armor and even tank and much better than a barb can.

no one needs clerics to heal anymore, there's bp

no one needs magic DDs any more cos the damage output is nowhere near as much as an aps toon.

this might seem like a rant but seriously, everyone and their mother, their grandma, their sister, their brother, their baby sitter...(you get the point) plays an aps toon. the game no longer has the variety it had before with everyone playing a vital roll in a squad.

i am not one that suggests aps should be nerfed to 2 or 3 or whatever, as that will be incredibly unfair to everyone who has spent a lot of money making their toons. instead, i suggest giving magic users the option to be able to spend money and be on par with the aps. this will balance out the game and the magic classes can be played again. also, give archers the option to be able to deal similar amount of damage with a BOW as an aps. and as a said before, increase barb's skill aggro proportionally.
  • Sternenwind - Dreamweaver
    Sternenwind - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Am agree.
    More aggro skills for barbs or less APS for the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I agree w/OP. Barbs were relegated to buff-bots before even clerics were; it was all very awkward for me. Make with the aggro skills b:angry
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    our definitions are somewhat similar. mine is more towards aps forcing everyone else out of their jobs.

no one needs barbs to tank in high lvls any more, a sin, which is suppose to be a squishy and an attack-then-run class with light armor and even tank and much better than a barb can.

no one needs clerics to heal anymore, there's bp

no one needs magic DDs any more cos the damage output is nowhere near as much as an aps toon.

this might seem like a rant but seriously, everyone and their mother, their grandma, their sister, their brother, their baby sitter...(you get the point) plays an aps toon. the game no longer has the variety it had before with everyone playing a vital roll in a squad.

i am not one that suggests aps should be nerfed to 2 or 3 or whatever, as that will be incredibly unfair to everyone who has spent a lot of money making their toons. instead, i suggest giving magic users the option to be able to spend money and be on par with the aps. this will balance out the game and the magic classes can be played again. also, give archers the option to be able to deal similar amount of damage with a BOW as an aps. and as a said before, increase barb's skill aggro proportionally.

I don't, have, never will go back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    @OP

there was river topic about barbs some time ago and it was stated there, that changing aggro skills wont fix anything, unless bosses gonna be harder, and require some high hp pool to tank (or what Fleuri wrote).

why waste spot for slow-tank, when some aps can tank? also point, about devour as debuff is weak; it is 50% debuff, while cleric have 40% and veno chance to make it 100%. 10% difference in debuff, would mean like 3-4% more raw damage.. not much

as someone pointed it already, better aggro skills for barb would make squads want to replace cleric or veno prolly.
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • SlayersSin - Heavens Tear
    SlayersSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I quit my 101 sage barb for this very reason... rerolled a sin, who just does a better job, at pretty much everything my barb could do except RB. My barb was wanted in Frost, but my sin can SOLO Frost.... there's a huge difference. I miss my barb sometimes but i doubt i'll go back, even if they fix agro skills.

This is probably exactly what they (pwi) wanted me to do. Best way for them to get our money is to make us reroll a new toon, as many will be doing next month. b:shutupb:laugh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    --i am deliberately ignoring your so called 'humour" of your sig-it isnt funny, just freaking annoying.

--my sig is what you would see often, if you ever played the game. the makeup is not of my choice, so go yell at the Chinese dude who did it.

--when a veno changes form, its in a cloud of flower petals. as for myrad rainbow, dont look at me-i dont have that skill, so go tell venos who do to stop, and see how far you get.

--if you dont like animals in games, you really are in the wrong game, because PWI is full of them.

--lastly, yes, barbs do need better aggro. both my son and i play them, he is very good at it,and our family run instances together, with him as our tank. so more power to barbs! ^_^

Secondly, going from telling me to **** off and remove the sig because it's not your flavor of humor (humor which you didn't even grasp at first), which didn't work, to now it can cause people with epilepsy to have an episode (I'm pretty sure the flashing from fox form myriad rainbow on a large group of mobs would be way worse, at least, given the experience of dealing with an uncle with epilepsy) isn't going to win any favors either.

Thirdly, can you take down your sig of a moving fox with makeup on? PETA doesn't approve of testing makeup on animals. Also, I have an uncontrollable inclination to discharge an SG550 at foxes when I see them running around in constant motion.

Fourthly, PWI really needs to make barb aggro skills stronger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
    edited January 2011
    Options
    --i am deliberately ignoring your so called 'humour" of your sig-it isnt funny, just freaking annoying.

--my sig is what you would see often, if you ever played the game. the makeup is not of my choice, so go yell at the Chinese dude who did it.

--when a veno changes form, its in a cloud of flower petals. as for myrad rainbow, dont look at me-i dont have that skill, so go tell venos who do to stop, and see how far you get.

--if you dont like animals in games, you really are in the wrong game, because PWI is full of them.

--lastly, yes, barbs do need better aggro. both my son and i play them, he is very good at it,and our family run instances together, with him as our tank. so more power to barbs! ^_^
    What I'm trying to figure out is if you're ignoring that type of humor, why are you responding at all? Most of it is just mocking your post much similar to the way the sig mocks "game is dead" nerdrage. I <3 sarcasm and parody.

However:

- If you don't like flashy images, your browser has a nifty setting to block them. My wife works with people who have epilepsy and those who would be so bad as to seizure over browsing the internet or playing video games tend not to engage in either activity instead of expecting others to cater to every person's individual situation or problem. That's the correct solution there.

- .. therefore, ignoring the blatant sarcasm, I would not ask venos to stop using myriad rainbow. Why? Because I don't care. Flashy things don't bother me and if they did there's a setting to tone down the effects of them. Just like the browser thing. Cool stuff huh.

- If you don't like sarcasm or parody then move to another planet. I heard they're building a 100 Year Spaceship to leave our galaxy. If you live long enough, maybe you can find a planet and name it "boring shrewd", where sarcasm and parody don't exist.

Just a thought.
    Am agree.
    More aggro skills for barbs or less APS for the others.
    It's more simple and feasible (and thus works with the "least effort as possible" mantra of those who develop PWI) to fix the hate a barb aggro skill does, as it surely is just a number. OTOH, changing APS requires changing current sets of gear that add -int, or changing a cap to effectively make useless sets of gear people already have. After all of the laziness in terms of coding the devs have effectively done, I'm pretty sure capping APS or modifying interval values of gear would be a nail in the coffin after they've so extensively pushed APS stuff.

They have extensively catered to APS so the logical thing is to create content where APS is of little value. It was mentioned numerous times to make new bosses do the attack rate debuff, but to a higher degree. And hell, they like making bosses say stuff, so why not "ALL UR APS R BELONG TO ME", then the boss buffs itself and increases it's own attack rate while debuffing the squad's.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "ALL UR APS R BELONG TO ME".
    holy **** I just died laughing

That aside, barbs do need their aggro levels to be increased (especially for sunder, in my opinion)
    That we can all agree on. My question is..where's the petition? Where do I sign my name? b:puzzled

Also you two people fighting ...
    *sprays with water*
    Stop it! bad!
  • DeLetar - Sanctuary
    DeLetar - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'll half to agree with this one. if it's for every lvl then barbs wouldn't half to even try to hold agro which is part of learning the class and how to play it. demon/sage you *should* know how to play it by now *can't really tell with people still oracle/hyper noobing to that lvl*. but 89 skills certainly should get a severe boost in agro. it'll make barbs wanted in nirvana ect again. *up to 3.0 some barbs can still keep agro if their good*

now to look at it from the pwe/pwi point of view

barbs able to keep agro in 5.0 means their wanted in squads again, means 20-25% less 5.0's int the squad, means less people making 5.0 alts instead of just keeping with their barb. all in all if they do that the'll loose money from not forcing 4-5.0 in order to get into a squad. IJS, try to look at it from a business standpoint. even if barbs quit, even more of them will go to 5.0 then quit. this way they gain more then they loose.

edit: inb4moved

Playing on my main, I have been in Nirvana instances where an axe wielding barb is successfully able to keep aggro off of the 5 APS characters. It requires constant bramble (only on the barb, none of the other physical casters may have it to help keep aggro), spark passing from veno, chi- gain skill and constant spamming of all aggroing skills.

Adding more aggro to the skills will create even lazier players than we already have in game now. I am only pointing out that it can already be done, but most barbs just don't want to tank anymore, or so it seems. After, one of the biggest hurtles for playing a barb was the cost of playing. Letting a sin or bm tank takes that nail in the coffin away.

Also: Personally, I do not believe high APS is a problem onto itself. It is a problem when impatient players just want to get things done and not effectively learn anything. I have seen sage sins with 2 or 3 APS tops steal aggro from demon sins with 4-5, having the same weapon and refines. I, myself, don't plan to go demon just for an attack increase- if I do go demon, it will be for the skills' effects gained from demon or sage path (which I already looked into and found sage to be much more fitting to how I play at this point in time).
    I level the old- fashioned way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I like having the money for skills.
  • MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear
    MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Agree. Just increase the power of agro skills. While I think fist barbs are a crime against nature if that is what is needed to be a big money player on super fast runs go for it but you cannot boast the DD firepower in the game without increasing tank agro skills. Let me be a meat shield and protect my squad.

Barbs have always been an expensive class so not being the richest player is fine by me. I just want to do my job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I overheard this conversation in an alternate reality where barbs had working aggro skills.
    Barb: Uggh this 5.0 is tanking thats my job! I'm gonna use aggro skills so I'll be tanking!

5.0: Well I'm tanking fine but whatever I don't care.

Barb: Wooo now the boss is hitting me instead! I am now totally needed in this squad!

5.0: Not really.

Barb: Hey since I'm the pro tank here I get first pick on mats.

5.0: GTFO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I overheard this conversation in an alternate reality where barbs had working aggro skills.

I could definitely see this happening in some cases...

In others, I just see the barb feeling useful again in Nirvana (my poor Barb friend...) b:chuckle
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would like to see a drastic increase in the effectiveness of aggro generating abilities on the Barbarian class (Penetrate Armor, Flesh Ream, Devour, and Roar).

Please post if you agree!
    id say that this is actually a legit petition >.>

all the barb is asking is to allow him to do his job better <.< and not on the expense of other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that sounds like astypoo :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I could definitely see this happening in some cases...

In others, I just see the barb feeling useful again in Nirvana (my poor Barb friend...) b:chuckle
    It used to be incredibly common for barbs to demand first pick of mats, even gold mats. Seems they're a lil' bit more humble now.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It used to be incredibly common for barbs to demand first pick of mats, even gold mats. Seems they're a lil' bit more humble now.

And thats why i love 5aps b:pleased, though some barbs these days are nice, though there are some greedy ones out there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    insert bs troll post filled with some more bs and a bs cherry on top here

Fail troll is fail.
    b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Yeah...the threat of becoming entirely obsolete tends to humble even the most arrogant and greedy. =( My friend was never like that though, thankfully. <3 Just a regular ole nice guy. =D

Hmm...that makes me wonder how an old barb friend would react, upon returning to the game...I think he pretty much quit before all the aps hype...He was pretty damn arrogant back then, lol.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~