Petition for Barbarian class.

Options
124»

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that kinda reminds me of the forum hamster...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

That looks creepy.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    imo the first step to solving the aps "balance" issue should be lowering the chi gain per hit from said classes tht can effiently use fists/claws so they can no longer perma spark and then the barbs aggro skills should get a boost to atleast handle the power of an equally refined magic class these days this sounds like a fair reasonable first step to solving this issue with out **** anyone to much
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that kinda reminds me of the forum hamster...

halp D:

Deceptipoo wants to eat qui b:cry
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think Barb's should have a passive skill in Tiger Form that gives an APS boost. I'm thinking... + 1.0APS at level 29, +2.0APS at 49, and +3.0APS at 59. 5.0 Barb in Tiger Form... That would be awesome to see.

um, no, no no no, no no no no, no, no..... no. horrible idea, tanker with 5.0 aps, congratz, anouther OP 5 aps variation. we don't already have enough?
    This is not about changing anything other than the amount of aggro that Barbarian skills generate.
    I would like to see a drastic increase in the effectiveness of aggro generating abilities on the Barbarian class (Penetrate Armor, Flesh Ream, Devour, and Roar).

Please post if you agree!

Edit: Forgot the Untamed Wrath skill.

hell yes, this needs to happen to save the only true tanker class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It would of course be nice to buff up barbs aggro skills but it might make the game to easy. Imagine a group of 5.0 attack level stacked sins being able to go full out dmg without having to worry about aggro since a barb is tanking lol, its way to easymode b:surrender

I see loads of WC daily with people asking for barbs for Nirvana and BH100 and 3-2/3-3 etc anyway. Dunno what people mean when they say barbs aren't needed o.o

People always wants barbs for daily activates, but if its hard to find one you just skip them and pick something else - that often works just as well. Charms might tick a bit more and its less safe doing most BH100 without barb for example, but you dont really need one. If that what tigers mean by being "useless endgame" than i get it. They want people to do nothing and wait until a willing barb comes online <.<

Its really only a very few Nirvana runners that skips barbs - they also skip the cleric and anything else that's below 5.0 and bm/sin. Most high APS users actually wants a barb in party. I definitely want one when im on my 5.0 sin. Having buffs + emergency tank always saves my life.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It would of course be nice to buff up barbs aggro skills but it might make the game to easy. Imagine a group of 5.0 attack level stacked sins being able to go full out dmg without having to worry about aggro since a barb is tanking lol, its way to easymode b:surrender

I see loads of WC daily with people asking for barbs for Nirvana and BH100 and 3-2/3-3 etc anyway. Dunno what people mean when they say barbs aren't needed o.o

People always wants barbs for daily activates, but if its hard to find one you just skip them and pick something else - that often works just as well. Charms might tick a bit more and its less safe doing most BH100 without barb for example, but you dont really need one. If that what tigers mean by being "useless endgame" than i get it. They want people to do nothing and wait until a willing barb comes online <.<

Its really only a very few Nirvana runners that skips barbs - they also skip the cleric and anything else that's below 5.0 and bm/sin. Most high APS users actually wants a barb in party. I definitely want one when im on my 5.0 sin. Having buffs + emergency tank always saves my life.

yea it would be pretty easy mode if a barb could hold aggro against a 5 aps but i think they should be able to hold aggro up to atleast about a 2 or 3 aps if they rlly spam their aggro skills
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It used to be incredibly common for barbs to demand first pick of mats, even gold mats. Seems they're a lil' bit more humble now.

"incredibly common" is still an oxymoron. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what really gets me is that, though there are scads of barbs all over Archo, you just about never have them in a squad as the tank now. king of the hill now seems to be whoever can hit fastest/dps, not skill or strength or any of the other things that once made the barb so necessary. i dont like seeing barbs throwing out their skills in favour of statting themselves to have the dps to use claws, etc.

its beginning to look like the barbs are experiencing what venos did when the genies came out and barbs used Zeals with their earthflame skill to pull, instead of venos and their pets. its sad, and i wish it were not so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    /signed

Barbs are meant to be tanks, and if they can't keep the aggro even when they're doing everything right, then something's wrong with the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • sarge68
    sarge68 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    agreed it dose suck for barbs now and this should change hope we can get better balance with agro or atleast the cool down to be quicker