Petition for Barbarian class.

Options

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    why do you kitties want to be beaten up that badly?

Because being the meat-sheild for the party is what we barbs were born for. b:dirty

Fuzzy wouldn't mind an upgrade to the agro generation of a few of his skills. Who wouldn't like a tweak to their class to make them a bit more competitive?

That being said, the panda does feel like he dies a little bit inside each time he hears "end-game barbs only needed for buffs" being thrown out there. For a squad full of aps, sure it may be true for the most part, but there are exceptions to everything.

Fuzzy isn't sure how it works in other factions, nevermind other servers, but at least for this barb, even for all the aps in the world, there are still tons of guild members who need to farm their gear. Sure, we have 5aps folk, but they aren't available every hour of every day. Time for the barb to shine! Me can (and do) still tank every instance in the game with an old-fashioned squad almost daily. When in a squad with non-aps (ie: every caster, veno, etc. that gets ignored by aps squads) or even simply moderate aps, the current barb skill set still works fine.

While there is an argument to be made it might help the longevity of the barb population to tweak us a little bit, it is still non-sense to think we are never needed to tank.

b:victory

.....and for all the aps in the world, its still fun for this barb to stand next to the slash boss in Nirvana, eating away at him and never moving. All them squishy 5.0's still drop like a sack of hammers when he aoe's. Lets see your 5aps save ya then! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i Think Barb's Should Have A Passive Skill In Tiger Form That Gives An Aps Boost. I'm Thinking... + 1.0aps At Level 29, +2.0aps At 49, And +3.0aps At 59. 5.0 Barb In Tiger Form... That Would Be Awesome To See.

Lol...i So Vote For This Comment!!!! That Would Be Awesome!!!! Pwi Must Doooooooo Eeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think Barb's should have a passive skill in Tiger Form that gives an APS boost. I'm thinking... + 1.0APS at level 29, +2.0APS at 49, and +3.0APS at 59. 5.0 Barb in Tiger Form... That would be awesome to see.

So funny 30k hp sage barb 5 aps on tiger form with bloodpaint i could solo all...

Cant imagine rank 9 barbs on pvp with that skill b:shocked
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    .....and for all the aps in the world, its still fun for this barb to stand next to the slash boss in Nirvana, eating away at him and never moving. All them squishy 5.0's still drop like a sack of hammers when he aoe's. Lets see your 5aps save ya then! b:chuckle

Gratz on having 100k hp. Coz other than that, the only thing that will save you from the aoe is chaining triple spark and AD. Talk out of your **** more, I'm sure everyone believes you.
    b:dirty
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Gratz on having 100k hp. Coz other than that, the only thing that will save you from the aoe is chaining triple spark and AD. Talk out of your **** more, I'm sure everyone believes you.

23khp, half good non rank armour, and some basic apoth knowledge is all that is needed.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Go demon barb -int fist/claw,flesh ream when needed..spark whenever,rinse and repeat.In fact you really dont need alot of hp to kill **** or take a beating these days.I wish I went demon earlier but that was before I acquired claws and -int items,but now since I have such items I'll be turning my barb demon whenever I decide to finish my cultib:chuckle
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    23khp, half good non rank armour, and some basic apoth knowledge is all that is needed.

Not really, each hit from the aoe deals fixed 5k damage that cannot be reduced by apo or invoke. Difference being 23k hp on you and 10k hp on a 5aps class is 3 aoe hits, he does helluva lot more than that. You could AD/spark/IG like i said, but then again so can any other class.

Which brings me back to my previous point - you're full of it.

• Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    b:sad I'm not sure about you guys....but as a weak, frail cleric who holds...

b:angry The POWER to CURE and entire GALAXY!!!

...I do so like it when a barb tanks. Even with a Sin's BP it's just easier to heal a tanking barb who has twice as much life as the rest of you.

b:irritated You DO want to make the cleric's job easier don't you? After all...it would be unwise to make the cleric mad....wouldn't it?

In all honesty though, don't take away the barb's given right to tank. That's like taking away a cleric's right to heal...or an archer's right to go "pew pew".

And trust me, if clerics and archers get wind of what's going on...there may very well be some issues later on b:chuckle
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Words escape me as to how **** this notion is. For starters, you need an axe type weapon to go into tiger form. Axes have insanely high damage compared to claws. If barbs were 3 aps by default in tiger forum, they could get 5 aps automatically just by putting on their tt99 and one of either tome, nirv pants, cape, or LA ornas. Say hi to the newest broken 5aps class with 30k hp and damage output comparable to sins coz they'd be using axes. How about no?

...So its okay for sins to come out of stealth and kill people before they can blink, then poof just to troll you? It's cheap how easily a "OP" sin can be created, while everyone has to be a contortionist to live. And even then it's by luck. Back in the day wasnt it the veno's that were considered "OP" due to the nix? The wizzy OP due to the ability to nuke like crazy? I'd much prefer a 30k HP 5 APS tank than 7-9k HP LA wearer who drop like sacks of flies unless I spam heal the **** out of them. ( and yes yes before you say it, "Oh clerics aren't needed anyways due to Sage BP." most sins went demon for the APS and our server doesnt feature many Sage BP buffers. "Oh if you're having that much of a problem maybe you need to rethink how you play/your build" Nope-Im pure mag with rather decent gears. I have an issue with how much clicking/button mashing is required as some of the 5 APSers dont have the best refines for HP and/or shard their junk w/ immacs or lower QQ.). At least give him something to fight back with and if this was achievable in Tiger, you'd see kitty twitching all over the place. Would kind of amuse me as long as I'm not on the receiving end-

Er wait a sec...for axes to be that deadly wouldn't the barb have to be strength built? *thinks* I wonder what's the comparable damage in masteries for Barbs and Sins, too lazy to go look.

And GM barbs be having that 100k Hp didn't you know b:avoid

It's meant as a joke ^
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • UntamedFreak - Lost City
    UntamedFreak - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i couldn't agree more..

PWI- the only game where tanker doesn't gets to tank b:angry
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What I want to see changed in Fleshream

Flesh Ream Level 1
    Available in tiger form
    Range Melee
    Mana 7.2
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept
    Rip the enemy's flesh drawing their aggression onto you,
    inflicting base physical damage and causing bleeding
    inflicting 208.1 damage and allowing aggression retention for 15 seconds.
    100 percent accurate.

Requires 20 Chi

Tbh, the skill is read as it should do that already, but it doesnt.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ...So its okay for sins to come out of stealth and kill people before they can blink, then poof just to troll you? It's cheap how easily a "OP" sin can be created, while everyone has to be a contortionist to live. And even then it's by luck. Back in the day wasnt it the veno's that were considered "OP" due to the nix? The wizzy OP due to the ability to nuke like crazy? I'd much prefer a 30k HP 5 APS tank than 7-9k HP LA wearer who drop like sacks of flies unless I spam heal the **** out of them. ( and yes yes before you say it, "Oh clerics aren't needed anyways due to Sage BP." most sins went demon for the APS and our server doesnt feature many Sage BP buffers. "Oh if you're having that much of a problem maybe you need to rethink how you play/your build" Nope-Im pure mag with rather decent gears. I have an issue with how much clicking/button mashing is required as some of the 5 APSers dont have the best refines for HP and/or shard their junk w/ immacs or lower QQ.). At least give him something to fight back with and if this was achievable in Tiger, you'd see kitty twitching all over the place. Would kind of amuse me as long as I'm not on the receiving end-

I never said it was okay for sins to troll you outta stealth. I hate em with a passion as much as the next guy D:

Fact remains however, that giving barbs 3 aps at lvl 59 (or 100 for that matter) is a stupid idea, because EVERY single barb would be 5aps the second they put on tt99.
    While you may like the idea of carefree spamhealing such a tank, you're forgetting the fact that 6 man 25k hp 5aps barb squads wouldn't need you to begin with.
    The squishy LA tanks however, do. An an 8k hp archer/sin can tank nirvana just fine with a capable cleric (minus the tyrant, most are careful enough on him to let a bm/barb tank it).
    Er wait a sec...for axes to be that deadly wouldn't the barb have to be strength built? *thinks* I wonder what's the comparable damage in masteries for Barbs and Sins, too lazy to go look.

Dont know don't care. As it is now, daggers are the best dps weapon hands down. No argument there. Claws come in 2nd, and the general consensus is that archers/bms are pretty much on par (fist mastery vs blazing arrow and double crit rate). Axes hit helluva lot harder than claws, and would thus make a barb the end all be all of PWI, which, as much as I like a good barb, is a BAD idea.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Words escape me as to how **** this notion is. For starters, you need an axe type weapon to go into tiger form. Axes have insanely high damage compared to claws. If barbs were 3 aps by default in tiger forum, they could get 5 aps automatically just by putting on their tt99 and one of either tome, nirv pants, cape, or LA ornas. Say hi to the newest broken 5aps class with 30k hp and damage output comparable to sins coz they'd be using axes. How about no?

You fail to remember that in tiger form, Barbs suffer damage reduction on auto attacks. 5.0 aps helps... Um... NOT AT ALL when it comes to spamming skills, unless they require Chi. A 5.0 aps Tiger going 'whack whack whack' on a mob, well... Would be epic. And still would do less damage to a mob than a 5.0 Sin or BM, but at least the freaking barb could hold Aggro.

And your Barb couldn't turn into an Axe Lunatic doing huge amounts of damage in Human form, since this would only happen in tiger form, which in turn, might actually get some Barbs to LEARN SOME TIGER FORM SKILLS. /minirant
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    PLEASE GM's. DELETE THE CLASS "BARBARIAN".
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    5 APS with Axe in tiger

Sounds totally balance you know. 20-32K damage a hit 5 times a second. Even with the 50% WEAPON DAMAGE reduction, they hit like a freight train. You know that Sage Barb Axe Mastery gives 100% weapon damage buff? Twice of what true form takes off you know.

Edit: 5 APS Demon Sin with comparable weapon for reference.
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    PLEASE GM's. DELETE, MY EGO, AND FIX THE CLASS "BARBARIAN".

Fixed it for you b:pleased
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is not about changing anything other than the amount of aggro that Barbarian skills generate.
    I would like to see a drastic increase in the effectiveness of aggro generating abilities on the Barbarian class (Penetrate Armor, Flesh Ream, Devour, and Roar).

Please post if you agree!

Edit: Forgot the Untamed Wrath skill.

100% agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What I want to see changed in Fleshream

Flesh Ream Level 1
    Available in tiger form
    Range Melee
    Mana 7.2
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept
    Rip the enemy's flesh drawing their aggression onto you,
    inflicting base physical damage and causing bleeding
    inflicting 208.1 damage and allowing aggression retention for 15 seconds.
    100 percent accurate.

Requires 20 Chi

Tbh, the skill is read as it should do that already, but it doesnt.

Totally agree on that !! Well maybe not on the full 15 sces retaining agro, but at least a 5 would be nice. I mostly hunt with my wife on her cleric same level as me (both 75 now her and my barb) if I dont do extra care, she steals with tempest so easy and makes me sweat each time.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You fail to remember that in tiger form, Barbs suffer damage reduction on auto attacks. 5.0 aps helps... Um... NOT AT ALL when it comes to spamming skills, unless they require Chi. A 5.0 aps Tiger going 'whack whack whack' on a mob, well... Would be epic. And still would do less damage to a mob than a 5.0 Sin or BM, but at least the freaking barb could hold Aggro.

Sage barbs suffer 50% weapon damage penalty (not total damage), demons have no penalty.
    Even if the barb were sage, an axe hitting at 50% its damage would still be BY FAR stronger than claws or daggers of the same level/refine, meaning that no, they would not be doing less damage than 5,0 sin or bm, they'd be doing helluva lot more even without flesh ream (which in turn would be rendered completely useless which goes against the point of this thread). Demon barbs on the other hand would be just godly (not they aren't already anyway at 5aps).

I'm sorry but you're just not seeing the bigger picture here. Yes they would make great tanks. They would also be able to wtfr4p3 anything and everything the game has to throw at them, both PvE and PvP, faster than a sin, while taking pitiful amount of damage. Sins is THE biggest most OP class in PWI atm. What you're proposing is a char that has 3 times the hp, 3 times the defense, and 3 times the attack. See why that's a bad idea?
    And your Barb couldn't turn into an Axe Lunatic doing huge amounts of damage in Human form, since this would only happen in tiger form, which in turn, might actually get some Barbs to LEARN SOME TIGER FORM SKILLS. /minirant

They already are axe lunatics doing huge amounts of damage in human form D:
    But yeah i hear ya on this one. Leveling my archer through gamma and fcc I've seen pitiful chars I refuse to call barbs. A level 8x barb that doesn't know what invoke or roar is (yes I met my fair share of those) just makes me cringe.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm dizzy from reading and reading but I do recall a post I read in cleric section to which Furries answered with aggro levels description that was quite well written (If i go searcvh later and find, i'll edit and post link)

I really don't think barbs should be made into 5 aps. Our job is mostly to tank and hold agro so no one gets killed. We are the meat shields, we are the ones that should get hit. I think all mobs should look at us and go "Omg, there's the kitty, I must kill him first, then rest of squad will be a cakewalk" Not always, but I think u get my point.

The main problem is not really (to me) the agro stealing, it is , like the quote I made earlier, retaining it. I don't say a lvl 50 barb should be able to hold agro at all costs vs a lvl 100 sin, but I think a lvl 85-90 should.

A "maybe" possible non-OP fix would be : Modifiy flesh realm, maybe not in the way of "retain agro for 15 secs" but how about adding a line/effect to it.

"For the first 5 seconds, mobs will totally ignore ANY atacks made by ANY other squad members"

Would not make us OP, would not really make us flesh realm less, would just make us "better" at what we are suppose to do. Take and hold mobs on us.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Possible abuses:

You and your friends are fighting against a world boss, an *** of a high lvl barb comes in, agros the boss, runs away, and resets the boss.

If you as a barb gets all the agro, that means 5.0 sins and whathaveyou have zero risk of getting agro... fair?
  • Xyar - Sanctuary
    Xyar - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i haven't read all the post in this thread but there is actually a way to make the aps problem go away, but it does need a few steps.

firstly drastically increase the close range physical damage and hit frequency of all bosses making 5aps character unable to survive the hits even with bp.

secondly, increase the physical defense gained from barb skills so that barb is the only one that can survive. (however, this will need to be made to work in pve only to balance pvp)

thirdly, increase the aggro ability of barb skills to the point that barb will not loose aggro if they spam skills.

this way barbs will be needed for every boss again
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They could also just reduce the cooldown from 3 secs to 1 sec or something. Would help with keeping aggro, and with the increased chi cost also make venos more wanted for spark passing. ijs

But no.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sage/Demon flesh ream/roar should give insane aggro.
    That is all b:bye
  • Wonkha - Raging Tide
    Wonkha - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is not about changing anything other than the amount of aggro that Barbarian skills generate.
    I would like to see a drastic increase in the effectiveness of aggro generating abilities on the Barbarian class (Penetrate Armor, Flesh Ream, Devour, and Roar).

Agree b:victory
    I'm not even 2 APS yet, and have to attack only 75% of the time, no spark, no +Attack Blessing, no Crit buffs, so I don't steal aggro, even from higher levels than me. Only higher level DDs steal aggro from me, and they are killed too b:shocked

Tanks should be able to build a great aggro.
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think Barb's should have a passive skill in Tiger Form that gives an APS boost. I'm thinking... + 1.0APS at level 29, +2.0APS at 49, and +3.0APS at 59. 5.0 Barb in Tiger Form... That would be awesome to see.
    5 APS with sac assault rank 9 axe anybody?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nimh88 wrote: »
    Possible abuses:

You and your friends are fighting against a world boss, an *** of a high lvl barb comes in, agros the boss, runs away, and resets the boss.

If you as a barb gets all the agro, that means 5.0 sins and whathaveyou have zero risk of getting agro... fair?

Lol i can do that right now? Anyhow guys your missing the point. Forget about all the op 5 aps classes. Yes there op. We understand. This thread is about increasing our aggro without restating claw/fists b:shutup
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Another reccomendation towards Barbs would be to reduce, or remove the cooldown of fleshream.

Demon's get a .5 cooldown reduction but In my opinion it NEEDS to be greater. Demon barbs (being that they're related to speed and attack rate) should get a fleshream cooldown of 1.0 while sages get either 1.5 or 2.

Naturally, the speed at which the skill is reused should also be dropped as they level the skill. Starting at 3 seconds is fine, but should naturally drop to a more manageable speed, to allow Barbs to bring their Mass HP pools to bear.

Here's an idea that PWE may like:

- cooldown armor and weapons.

- cast armor and weapons.

Think about it. - Interval armor and weapons are, well, down right abused, causing many players that dont posess said equipment to get shunned and or rejected. But a good balancing act for classes that arent interval related to allow them to recast high damage skills faster.

People will say that - channeling is the caster equivelant, but honestly, its not. If it was, no channeling casters would be nipping aggro from 5aps classes all the time, which frankly, doesnt happen.

Adding - cooldown and - cast equipment would bring a lot of the upset players back, and bring some degree of balance to the game. There will likely be a lot of 5aps players complaining that they cant keep aggro over a wiz who's spamming pyrogram, divine pyrogram, gush and stone rain within about 3 seconds but, eh.

Then there's the trigger happy Psy's that will get flak for the same reason using aqua impact and Spirit blast until their mp pool is in the zeros. At least we'd have use for talent and skill instead of money and interval while farming gear.

The issue with - cast and - cooldown?

Invisible sins dogging people constantly going in and out of stealth and never relenting. But tbh, I think it would be a welcome edge, because sin's likely wouldnt want - cooldown, over - interval.

Could this be integrated? Yes

Should it be integrated? My opinion, yes; yours?
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you like the game enough to want to see it improved, why do you have that unbelieveably obnoxious anit-game sig? to see that makes others think that you are one who ragequit, but cant stop coming to the forums to whine.

get rid of that, and someone might take you seriously.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you like the game enough to want to see it improved, why do you have that unbelieveably obnoxious anit-game sig? to see that makes others think that you are one who ragequit, but cant stop coming to the forums to whine.

get rid of that, and someone might take you seriously.
    Obviously, even after you're told, the concept of parody eludes you.