RE: The recent General Summer's Sale

Comments

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    actually he said they made the sale to accommodate the players of THIS version and this version's gaming culture because we're so slow at getting it compared to the Chinese server.

Which I guess some were happy with, others not happy with, and others simply don't care.

Can't win it all can we. b:surrender

Satisfy some of the players while annoying others and make lots of money to keep game going even after people quit or listen to the player's advice, don't make more money and have the game go under due to lack of funds...
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear12
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear12 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm confused where you're all getting the idea he said the CN made them have this sale.

He said they made the sale to accommodate the players of THIS version and this version's gaming culture because we're so slow at getting it compared to the Chinese server.

Which I guess some were happy with, others not happy with, and others simply don't care.

Can't win it all can we. b:surrender

Satisfy some of the players while annoying others and make lots of money to keep game going even after people quit or listen to the player's advice, don't make more money and have the game go under due to lack of funds...

What the CM says may be true in a literal sense, but trying to pass it off as a legitimate reason is lying.

To be somewhat fair, when R9 was unveiled there was a big fuss over how ridiculous and impossible it would be, and how only the biggest of cash-shoppers would ever manage to get it. But isn't that the point of END-GAME GEAR? To be an achievement to strive for?

PWE is simply cashing in and cashing out. They've thrown their last card on the table, said "f*** it," and walked out, leaving Frankie and the New Moderation Army to try and clean up the fallout (as usual).
    The game will "continue," the servers will stay up, and yes you can continue to play with your friends (those who haven't already quit). But the last item to be achieved is gone, all sense of accomplishment banished, and with nothing left worth working towards the game is, for all intents and purposes, DEAD
  • BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver
    BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,
    I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.
    Thanks all.

i am sorry, but or chinese player need hospital recovery for the farming/grinding intollerance or the Rank IX was created for the *1000exp-drop-rep unofficial server

However, PWRD dont know see that dont know any economic rule of Cost-Benefits (but with logics can says without problem that they want this to push to play Forsaken World and leave Perfect World... new game, new PG, new equip, new amount of golds).
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

We noobs from US dont wanna spend more than 1 hour a day to play this crapy game so we demand endgame gear in Bountique so we can use our pr0 $ to buy it and laugh at those =_= noobs !!

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

Dragon Poinst system was our epic fail and didnt let us earn any money.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

New expansion = new weapons way more powerfull than rank 9 so it's a great time to make a huge rank 9 items sale and earn a lot of freaking $.

PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

Here is the epic LOL. "we were too focused on creating"... YOU? You guys from PWE cant even change a single file (dragon quest items) w/o =_= permision so stop talking BS. Especially you already showed us your pr0 IT knowledge (talking about DNS problems some time ago). So just LOL

In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

As soon as =_= send us any info about the new expansion we will let you know, becouse atm we only know there will be some... new expansion.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Actually we have nothing to offer becouse we already gave you the most powerfull endgame gear so we pray for new rank items in the new expansion.

Thanks all.

So here is how it works. They made a huge sale - almost every cashshopper has a rank 9 armors/weapon atm So PWE you guys have a big problem. You gave those rich noobs the most powerfull items - there is no reason for them to spend any more money on this game (even warsoul weapons sale wont help coz rank9 is way more powerfull). Your only hope is new expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    When reading frankie's post, play this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XlOJH0I17g

Open in background tab so you don't see the name of the song before the chorus. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Aujami_ - Dreamweaver
    Aujami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    why people don't understand this .. THIS IS NOT ABOUT GETTING RANK 8 OR 9. those sales killed the game. you can't make money on this game anymore. it becomes 100% cash to play.
    TT mats dropped way cheap to a point people not even bother farming them they just simply use rank armor instead of TTs. the only way to make money on game now is either to cash or to cash b:angry.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

Any changes planned on dragon points system? Grinding dq items is now a waste of time with all these items on sale and gold at 800k+. So theres nothing to do again.

Any chance that packs could get back to 1 gold per pack at least or higher?
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I am glade rank8 is easy to get now.Now I dont have to spend alot of time getting it.Plus I am sick of having crappy gear whitch i get from mobs :) Also I hope the rep badges stay in cashshop like packs.Also can pwi please stop messing with the droprate.When I say droprate I mean DQ.Thank youb:cute
  • Hayneko - Harshlands
    Hayneko - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This makes me really sad... I liked this game, i really did. I invested both time and the little money i could on my characters, and now, to see this happen...

Why play, farm, grind and quest for hours and hors if you will never get whan people in 5 min with $2k can get.

It becomes so pointless to play when nothing really rewards yor effort.
    Already hardly anything rewarded our effort... grinding was pointless, questing was a waste of time...

And the worst is, they wont be able to fix this BS. Even if they take out the badges, the medals and the chips from the CS, what can they do now?

Tons of people will already have ingame gear that will ruin PVP Balance...

Why dont they ask us, players, that trully now what goes on ingame, for our opinions in what they should change?

I mean, ive been reading the frums, and some ideas seemed so good
    - Major Raise on One man armie's rep
    - Increase DQ price
    - Increase DQ drop
    - Make DQ point rewards tradeable

I really hope they can do something to fix this game., but, from what ive seen right now, PWE can only mess with the cashshop; they cannot ever change something in the actual game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VedovaNera - Raging Tide
    VedovaNera - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ok so I have over 35k of rep , thank to sale of badges , but where do I get my badges to up to rank 5???? Pls don't tell me I wasted zen ...sry still noob in many aspects of game...General told me to give rank 1 badge so I can get rank 2, well I need to get to rank 5 at least ehm still 76....btw might be a noob , but a darn good cleric:pleased
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ok so I have over 35k of rep , thank to sale of badges , but where do I get my badges to up to rank 5???? Pls don't tell me I wasted zen ...sry still noob in many aspects of game...General told me to give rank 1 badge so I can get rank 2, well I need to get to rank 5 at least ehm still 76....btw might be a noob , but a darn good cleric:pleased

Keep doing the badge quest until you get to rank6, which is 35k reps.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I am glade rank8 is easy to get now.Now I dont have to spend alot of time getting it.Plus I am sick of having crappy gear whitch i get from mobs :) Also I hope the rep badges stay in cashshop like packs.Also can pwi please stop messing with the droprate.When I say droprate I mean DQ.Thank youb:cute

Droprate has been the same since the dawn of time.
  • VedovaNera - Raging Tide
    VedovaNera - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ty boogie =)b:victory
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    GM tell me one way i can farm 70mil in 1 month now that uncanny is 250k and raps are like less than 1mil each and TT is shet all will get rank gears.

Tell me one way and i will not QQ and stay in game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I just realized something....

IDK if people said this yet

But

You really thought people would have rank 9 by now?

People didnt have warsoul after the few months after its release

You act like Rank 9 has been in the game for 2 years......it hasnt even been 6 months i believe
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thank you PWI our savior!!!
    You try to make our lives easier and we should appreciate this.

You made it easier for us to farm tt/hh gear (changes to 3-1, 3-2, 3-3).
    You implemented so many positive changes, which were to lower gold prices. YAY. Now I can make an alt, farm for an hour and have tons of gold.
    You gave us the rep sale, so no1 has to do fbs anymore. Every1 can buy their rep, no need to help with other people's fb (THERE'S LIKE NO1 IN THE FB HELP CHAT ROOM).
    You made it easier for the poorer ones to join the richer ones!!! (Only that those that didn't cs will not cs and those that did cs will make the gap even bigger)

New expansion coming out! W00t! I can already see the changed picture in the log-in screen on the forums... It will be awesuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

The Chinese people got rank gear so fast? Do you not remember, or refuse to remember that the rep system is DIFFERENT there, and it is much easier to get the ranks?!?!?!

So yea.

Previous experience thought me that writing logical paragraphs will lead you nowhere in such situation...

HENCE....

b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks

EDIT: POST EDITED on 12-12-10 for private purposes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Djavulen - Dreamweaver
    Djavulen - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ty pwi b:victory

Now i can get my dream gears b:pleased

Our buy the rep anyway and then sell it for mega coin when the sale is over b:chuckle

But server is empty b:cry
    And i maybe move to FW when u realease it :)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    text

2433 decent posts and now this. You used to be a good poster but... door is this way ---->

My respect for you:
    |
    |
    |
    v

b:chuckle Not really, you're still a decent dude.
  • Bapido - Heavens Tear
    Bapido - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This all wouldn't be a problem if the purchasing power and availability of coins wasn't so poor. Like frankie said, the players at pwi dont play 8 hours per day so need more help obtaining things like rank gear... but this should be done WITHOUT having to recharge the wallet. DQ points were a good idea at the time, but the rep there was too expensive and with rep now at 10kea, we'd benefit more from just having the old prices back.

PWE won't even lose any money from this - if someone has $300 knocking around in their bank account they're probably going to buy their rep anyway, the point is that those who don't have $300 to spend on this game can still achieve it instead of just leaving the game.

The economy has dried up: coins are worth less thanks to not having a cap on gold prices, yet are harder to obtain thanks to the reduction in DQ price and TT mats will probably fall even lower now.

Hopefully something is finally done about this - its never nice to see such old names leaving the game.
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Back when this game first went open, there were comments about how expensive items were in the CS and likewise ramblings about how, if the goods were more fairly priced, more players would be inclined to spend something.

Some while later, we saw sales and price drop for mounts, for example. Better value but still costly.

Now we have it but only for the absurd! R8/9 is so cheap, there is a huge disparity between CS items and the benefits/usefulness. Sure, it still costs a sum for R8/9 but by value of what it offers, there is no comparison. It makes every other CS item value the equivalent of a gold plated Bentley when all you really get is a plastic pedal car.

I'm not saying it is good/bad/right/wrong to have R8/9 achievable in such a way, it should be possible to get without spending a lifetime on it... everything else is so expensive in comparison. Some class R8/9 is better value (offers greater benefit) than for other classes too, which is something else altogether.

I honestly think this has all been done backwards.

TT's were made horrifically hard unless the gear (or better) was already in possession, creating a divide between those that had and those that were approaching the level and need.

Instead of pumping TT's with steroids, new instances should have been introduced, that would have satisfied the higher levels and kept the advancing mid-high levels in play too.

Now it is possible to get the R8/9 dead cheap before it is necessary so any new content will be a gentle stroll.

New instance content for high levels first, keep TT's as were originally and then introduce (thoughtfully) measured approaches to get the R8/9 sensibly.

For many, it won't matter too much, they will play how they enjoy the game with the time they have to spend in game, knowing that being the ultimate is far, far away while others will just have to get it because it is there and they can.

Just my view... the action plan of PWE is a rushed affair...
  • buttercupcruella
    edited December 2010
    2433 decent posts and now this. You used to be a good poster but... door is this way ---->

My respect for you:
    |
    |
    |
    v

b:chuckle Not really, you're still a decent dude.

b:chuckleb:thanks

I'm shocked that some1 reads what I write and actually doesn't hate me.b:surrender

After re-reading my previous post I'm ashamed of myself. My post is chaotic and not very well written. I apologize.

sorry for the way it was written in, not the content
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I'm shocked that some1 reads what I write and actually doesn't hate me.b:surrender

After re-reading my previous post I'm ashamed of myself. My post is chaotic and not very well written. I apologize.

We are on the same boat my friend.
    I can't keep calm like the usual . . but i guess, i am back to my old self now. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • buttercupcruella
    edited December 2010
    We are on the same boat my friend.
    I can't keep calm like the usual . . but i guess, i am back to my old self now. b:dirty

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

How did you get back to your old self though????

I'm trying to get myself a nice dinner, maybe that will work?!?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAH

WHY DO U ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS?

ROFL SBROFL THIS SALE MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD

LETS ALL JUST EXPLOIT OUR RANK 8, DESPITE WHO CANT CASH SHOP 72 DOLLARS

HAVE FUN FOR THESE LAST MONTHS AND THEN ALL GIVE PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT A GIANT FUUUU YOU WHILE WE MOVE TO OTHER COMPANIES! THEY DONT DESERVE OUR FREE TIME! WONT BE THOSE 72 BUCKS TO MAKE THEM RICH!

b:bye

ps.

ROTFL
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

How did you get back to your old self though????

I'm trying to get myself a nice dinner, maybe that will work?!?!?

Guess my love to fashion keep me calm ?
    A nice dinner will do the same i guess b:laugh
    Oh maybe my mood have something to do with my country soccer team actually winning a lot
    unlike the many previous years . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

Then you should have made Rep more easily obtainable ingame by increasing the rewards for FB's etc, this would have also had the knock on effect of helping newer players since you would see the return of FB help rooms.
    The fundamental basis of most MMO's is having to " work " for your gear through ingame means.
    While I understand you wanting endgame gear more open to the masses it has been gone about wrong, and instead of making it more easily obtainable through ingame means you have gone the lazy greedy way.
    I don't think many people would have complained if you had increased FB rep rewards what annoys people is that you don't even need to bother playing the game anymore to achieve endgame gear.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

Apart from TT99, TT Nirvana etc are bound, but ofc you already know this and knew this move would **** peoples hard work over and didn't care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That's just making it WAY too easy.

You are an idiot, rank gears on half the classes are just crappy.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If Charles Darwin was still alive, he would've facepalmed this kind of evolution you're speaking of, Frankie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    You are an idiot, rank gears on half the classes are just crappy.

Hi yulk, i guess you missed the chaos ? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010

Apology accepted. b:cute
This discussion has been closed.