Options

Comments

• buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Guess my love to fashion keep me calm ?
    A nice dinner will do the same i guess b:laugh
    Oh maybe my mood have something to do with my country soccer team actually winning a lot
    unlike the many previous years . .

Not a fashion freak, so.. meh.

Dinner... I keep my fingers crossed :)

Soccer? I love the sport... but my country's team just plain sucks for many years now...

Apology accepted. b:cute

b:cuteb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree that ingame rep rewards should have an appropriate increase. I find nothing wrong however with the sale. In terms of players who worked hard to get Nirvana gear etc I don't get the whole issue because your gear is still awesome. With all the refines etc you still are on top of PvP and your factions are still stronger than most others.

I have seen some of the characters who have bought the rep and many of them are picking th gear they find useful and still using some of their older gear. Furthermore some of the other gears are still cashed shopped anyway albeit more difficult to obtain e.g. warsong belts and puzzle cube vains as well as certain rings etc.

5.0 aps sins and bms still have a huge advantage in PvE and certainly nothing much has changed in that respect. For me perrsonally I bought some rep up to r6 and I hope this sale persist long enough for me to buy some more to r8 because for my wiz the gear is pretty good. However its neither game breaking nor does it stop me from gettin my **** pked by the same 5aps, herc users, uber sins etc. all it does is gives me less heartache over getting certain gears once I get around lvl 90-100.

The only thing I see here as potentially game breaking is the r9 gears and quite frankly thats still dammed expensive for most casual cash shop users. The real heavy cash users always had and will always have the upperhand anyway.

Yes the divide between the upper tier players and the non cash shopper has widened significantly but certainly there are ways to fix this such as giving certain gears a boost or making rep easier to farm ingame. Whatever fix they come up with I don't see what all the doomsday talk is about because nothing much really has changed in terms of the order of things.

I dont see as many shouts for Nirvana now but then again Nirvana was almost a private club for 5.0 aps characters. Even now it still remains so as is. When I was qqing over 5 aps many of you same people crying now had a lot of insults and cheeky comments to hurl my way. So why now that people like me can actually afford a little competitive gear are you crying a river? Afriad of a little competition. Afriad I might 'gasp' win a fight now instead of repeatedly dieing while you scoff at me? I applaud the developers for this bold move and I hope the next expansion raises the bar as well as introduces some new PvP content.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Who's going to buy my nirvana and TT drops now? how am i supposed to sell stuff and earn my coin to improve my stuff if nobody is going to buy it since they got rank 8?

GG pwe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Some Nirvana and TT gear are still more useful than rank 8 gear so stop complaining. Furthermore people like me would not have bothered buying your overpriced stock anyway. You think you guys are easy? buying tt90 for my bm was a pure nightmare. You sellers had 0 heart and none of you were willing to bargain. Well my server is called harshlands but go figure. In any event thats why we loved 2x drops cause then we had a chance. Now with rank in cs we don have to be subject to you every whim and fancy simply because you can farm areas we could only ever think about.

There may be a few of you who I know this may geniuinely hurt but for most I know that all it did was hurt your ego because before this you were self crowned kings of this game lording over everyone else who couldn't afford to be like you. Now the tables have evened out a bit and your world is in chaos. I'm srry if I don't have much sympathy for merchanters but you guys had 0 sympathy for people liek me.

It was humiliating how I begged at some points for a 1 mil ease on a piece of gear only to be ignored or laughed at and told go farm more or go geta life noob. Because it would have killed a merchanter to lower his price from 19 mil to 18 mil. 1 mil short and all you would do is laugh and say too bad. I was on the short end of your merchant stick so forgive me while I go make some more rl cash so I can go buy some gear without having to grovel and beg for it.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Who's going to buy my nirvana and TT drops now? how am i supposed to sell stuff and earn my coin to improve my stuff if nobody is going to buy it since they got rank 8?

GG pwe.

There a very good suggestion for that problem here. b:thanks
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=934662
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi yulk, i guess you missed the chaos ? b:pleased

Nope, infact I am glad I was away then.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infidelity - Lost City
    Infidelity - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All this complaining makes me laugh. This is a business...businesses look to maximize profits. Are you children all that dumb? If you want to play a game where the devs actually care about retaining the player base, go play something with a monthly sub. If you are too broke/cheap to pay $15/month, maybe you should get a job. Tbh, I blame the leeches that have not put a dime into this game. Because of those jews, PWI has to have sales that appeal to the people that actually have disposable income...the people with disposable income are the ones with jobs...jobs that limit the time they can play...which limits farming. Are you getting how this all works yet?
  • monkydluffy
    monkydluffy Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    omg why all ppl are QQ, if u dont like this just quit and stop this , also rank 8 its not very good for all, i saw a lot of ppl that dont like armor rank, i guess all this will be help a lot for more fun on the game.

1.- Nirvana gear is still worth since many ppl want the high aps, so is a good way to make coins.

2.- TT runs still worth, gold mats for bracers,footwear HA,LA,AA, since rank 8 only give Plate and leggins, alsoTT 99 give a good bonus.

3.- We still have a lot of gear dont cant be buyed on Shop and a lot of ppl need that gear for new 1 or decompose.

4.-This was since the begin a F2P game so why u spend real money and now u are QQ.

5.- Only a few pps will be get rank 9 all the rest just got the 300k rep and will go farm (this is a good challenge) all the chips for the rank gear.

Rank 8 or 9 dont make a SUPER player, a lot of noob ppl will have a rank gear but many of this dont know how to play, so why QQ.

With this TW will be more fun since many rank ppl wanna try to kill every 1, this will motivate a lot of players

frankie say that a lot of New content and end gear is comming so if they make that every 1 can get rank is cuz maybe we will need it in the future.

I have a player since 2 years ago and i think this is pretty cool, i like to see noobs try to kill every 1 or make a runs and all ranked ppl get wiped b:pleased

So pls stop QQ if u dont like just go quit game and let us get fun
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    "A true friend stabs you in the front." ~Oscar Wilde

While PWE surely won't stab you in the back, they still enjoy twisting the knife, all the while telling you it's for your own good.

I just wish I hadn't turned in all my tokens and dq points a couple weeks ago for Wraith Officer's Badges. That was a rather large hit to my merchant stock and it will take awhile to build it back up. But I suppose it's doable. I am just not so sure how much of my heart I have left in it, though.

I worked my posterior off for Rank 6. And I guess I should be happy now that Rank 8 is being handed to me on a silver platter, non? Instead... I am disappoint. b:sad

Honestly, mostly, I am just confused. On one hand it would seem the game is in its death throes and that PWE is scrambling for one last big cash grab. But then why invest more time and energy pushing forth new expansions on a dying game? b:scorn
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why do people assume majority of players that gets Rank8 now are nubs that dont know how to play their class?

Its like claiming that all medium cash shoppers that reached 99+ are inexperienced players that will **** up whatever gear they have. The hole "rank8 nubs" is nothing but wishful thinking or its a cop-out excuse to make players stop raging about the sale.

You really dont need to be that good at your class as a magic caster if you have rank8 and a +30 attack bless anyway, you hit hard enough to get away with throwing out some random spells while watching peoples hp disappearing.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    omg why all ppl are QQ, if u dont like this just quit and stop this , also rank 8 its not very good for all, i saw a lot of ppl that dont like armor rank, i guess all this will be help a lot for more fun on the game.

1.- Nirvana gear is still worth since many ppl want the high aps, so is a good way to make coins.

2.- TT runs still worth, gold mats for bracers,footwear HA,LA,AA, since rank 8 only give Plate and leggins, alsoTT 99 give a good bonus.

3.- We still have a lot of gear dont cant be buyed on Shop and a lot of ppl need that gear for new 1 or decompose.

4.-This was since the begin a F2P game so why u spend real money and now u are QQ.

5.- Only a few pps will be get rank 9 all the rest just got the 300k rep and will go farm (this is a good challenge) all the chips for the rank gear.

Rank 8 or 9 dont make a SUPER player, a lot of noob ppl will have a rank gear but many of this dont know how to play, so why QQ.

With this TW will be more fun since many rank ppl wanna try to kill every 1, this will motivate a lot of players

frankie say that a lot of New content and end gear is comming so if they make that every 1 can get rank is cuz maybe we will need it in the future.

I have a player since 2 years ago and i think this is pretty cool, i like to see noobs try to kill every 1 or make a runs and all ranked ppl get wiped b:pleased

So pls stop QQ if u dont like just go quit game and let us get fun
    All this complaining makes me laugh. This is a business...businesses look to maximize profits. Are you children all that dumb? If you want to play a game where the devs actually care about retaining the player base, go play something with a monthly sub. If you are too broke/cheap to pay $15/month, maybe you should get a job. Tbh, I blame the leeches that have not put a dime into this game. Because of those jews, PWI has to have sales that appeal to the people that actually have disposable income...the people with disposable income are the ones with jobs...jobs that limit the time they can play...which limits farming. Are you getting how this all works yet?

Attack of the 1 post alts/forum virgins! AAAHHHH!!!!!

Seriously? If you NEVER posted on this forum before until this issue, THAT says something about the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Thanks all.

Come on the reason isn't to enable players to acquire r8 and r9 but to open our wallets or make an incentive for players to farm like hamsters to get new gear over and over again. Sure a game has to evolve but if all efforts and/or RL cash are worthless that players made before then why playing at all?
    I think this was a straight rip off by pwi because it wasnt about evolvement of the game but mainly to open more wallets and get more cash. The orb sales for instance were timed perfectly so all the players with Nirvana items would acquire orbs and refine before the update. Just to see that they could have a 72 gold-alternative instead of stupid farming or cashshopping.

This is even worse to note if you remember how the complaints were handled concerning the TW payment with Mirages. Now one land is worth one gold merely. The complaints were as frankie said forwarded to the devs. I hope for the sake of your greedy company that you bring at least TW payment back with the expansion and don't hope the the effect of all the new stuff will make players forget what you screwed up again

Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't we get promised gear would never be put into the cash shop. Although, a GM stated on HT forums, these are more like "quest items", it is still basically gear. b:surrender
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are disappointed (nobody was shocked at PWI's greed) about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very special, let alone Rank 9 because Rank 9 just came out. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been a great achievement, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where we still had to deal with their bullcrap, whether it be DQ prices or the destruction of TW--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been hard work, giving you a satisfactory feeling when you finally earned it, for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our game-ruining updates in the past month has involved making absolutely NOTHING impossible to achieve with the swipe of a credit card, and to leave nothing left that could only be farmed..

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear and their own rank 8, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take 0 effort to obtain. I am pretending to understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be exploiting money from players over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear useless so the suckers have to spend even more money to compete.. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by quitting the game because you can't freaking sell TT Gold and bound Nirvana items. Yeah we knew this all along, and we did it on purpose..

PWI is dying. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on destroying PvP and the ability to farm for items, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in a few new instances and some changes to TW so that you might feel better that we totally ***** the TW system.

There is a lot of game-ruining content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to spend more money.

Thanks all.

Fixed
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Fixed

that actually gave me some lols and it may as well be true anyway, i cant remember a time where we actually PLAYED the game properly, and most people didn't just swipe there credit card and power level to 100, which is now the equivalent of being level 80 before these *updates* came in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And I was so happy when I reached 90...because I actually farmed all my TT90 set...let alone reaching 90 in a year and a half was like a big achievement.

Idk what is with PWE? Do all these goodbye threads and rage quitters turn them on or something? b:sweat

/Facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Something that you did not address in your thread, Frankie, that I think we deserve an answer to.

Why was the one million gold cap removed before a sale that boosted gold prices over a mil?

Please tell me how it was hurting us to have gold capped at one million. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And I was so happy when I reached 90...because I actually farmed all my TT90 set...let alone reaching 90 in a year and a half was like a big achievement.

Idk what is with PWE? Do all these goodbye threads and rage quitters turn them on or something? b:sweat

/Facepalm

Made my day b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    just gonna put my thought in this....
    this current sale ... ******it it made me depressed. like why put chips and reps in CS instead of making it attainable in questing or wutever. oh yea i forgot..... they wont make money that way. for all this time ive kinda defended pwis recent sales to me friends, saying it will be ok just wait. now im beginning to believe that my friends are right and this is just some freaking game where u HAVE to charge to play. <.< tt which is the basic money making, except nirvana will now give lesser coins, since u can buy chips easely in the cs. less coins to be farmed means more temptation to charge that credit card x.x sigh i dun even know wut to say x3

sigh sometimes i wish this was a pay to play game... with a monthly fee, instead of having to charge larrrge amounts, which they never will make me do! oh well... meh
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    unattainable???

not that you are ever going to read this.... but this game made it unattainable... it took away TW pay, it took away numerious things to "combat farming"...
    THAT is why people didnt get rank 8

now you just put it in the cash shop and its just too easy lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilirion
    ilirion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Anyonehere ever played silkroad online?

... Just hope they can pull out from cash shop madness like silkroad while Im still here, I was starting to enjoy the game...

Level 10 newbie

"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward."

Peace. b:bye
    The GAME* died long before the sales... It died when it was taken from the flawed original. This Perfect World is not true to its name. Good luck with fixing this mess.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Also, the game.
  • buttercupcruella
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Something that you did not address in your thread, Frankie, that I think we deserve an answer to.

Why was the one million gold cap removed before a sale that boosted gold prices over a mil?

Please tell me how it was hurting us to have gold capped at one million. Thank you.

Good question!

The answer is not so simple. Oh, maybe it is. People who do not cs should be able to play the game and still be able to get boutique items/currency. CSers are really nice people, and thanks to them this is possible. We decided to reward them for all their effort to help those less fortunate.

Was there really a cap???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orora - Harshlands
    Orora - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for ruining the game guys b:victory
    Everyone who worked for their gear is quiting... If you would have left the prices like they were it would have been fine... Now your longest playing members are quitting cuz you guys think instead of actually WORKING for your gear you can just CS 70 bucks and 1 shot everyone
    Just got my TT99 gear...
    Now its useless...
    Thanks guys <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

They're prepping the Auctioneer for the expansion. Upon the buy/sell of over 9000 million gold made by an individual player, new gear will be made available to said player. Stats of new gear are currently being worked out; but it is estimated that it will be obsolete within a month of it's release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not reading 200 posts.....

if you wanted to make rep easier to get let them drop in fbs past 59 then.

if you wanted to make rep easier let BH give some rep too.

if you wanted to make rep easier let it drop more often in wraith attacks.

if you wanted to make rep easier set off the atk on arch more often.

if the problem was that things were hard to obtain why did u break TT.

if you wanted to make rep easier bring back the old mat FC and lat the bosses drop wraith badges.

if you wanted to make rep easier let some drop from all those random minibosses that wander serving no purpose.

if you wanted you thought that the coin and chip cost was so expensive why not just lower the coin and chip cost a little

if you wanted to serve your customers better renegotiate your contract and get control of the game you claim to run.

this is private server ****. a CC and a saturday of clicking and you have top rank gear.

at this point rank 9 is LESS expensive then a frickin herc. i spent alot of time while eating lunch at work doing surveys to get herc so I could farm my TT gear. then you break 3x cuz high lvls thought it was too easy and boring making that not feasible now your saying the top lvl gear is too hard so you're putting it in the cash shop. these 2 things contradict each other.

well....i'll see a bunch of you in GW2 i bet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not reading 200 posts.....

if you wanted to make rep easier ...

-cut to shorten the post-

this is my post, only worded 9000 better

glad some1 sees the lack of logic here, too...

They don't wanna do what you suggested, because there's too many botters in China, who farm non - stop. To avoid botters here, csers were introduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this is my post, only worded 9000 better

glad some1 sees the lack of logic here, too...

They don't wanna do what you suggested, because there's too many botters in China, who farm non - stop. To avoid botters here, csers were introduced.

thats where point number 9 came in....if you wanted to serve your customers better renegotiate your contract and get control of the game you claim to run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    Tallain - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    about the cap on the AH gold... i believe i read somewhere it's capped at 4 mil now
  • buttercupcruella
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thats where point number 9 came in....if you wanted to serve your customers better renegotiate your contract and get control of the game you claim to run.

Well, I agree. My post was a bit sarcastic.b:surrender
    It is kinda unbelievable that everything bad is blamed on China, but there are some things introduced to us that China doesn't have. So something doesn't add up....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    edited December 2010
    Options
    about the cap on the AH gold... i believe i read somewhere it's capped at 4 mil now

My bad if this is a double post.

Could you post a link please? Or try to remember where you saw it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.