RE: The recent General Summer's Sale

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Thanks all.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Akyeno - Heavens Tear
    Akyeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Um I dont know what to say about this but...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That's just making it WAY too easy.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Meeeowwwwww - Raging Tide
    Meeeowwwwww - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Aw Damn almost 1st post ...
    The Magic Banana, yes, it is magical, yes, it can do magical things, it is ... the ... Magic Banana!!

Kittens<3You b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:flower
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hmmm interesting, thats all I gotta say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Rank 8 isn't very good for all classes. +30 attack level and this really boned BM's.
  • Ehmi - Heavens Tear
    Ehmi - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Heaven's Tear went from only 3 wizards(3rd wizard got with non discounted sale) with rank8 to now 50+. That isn't just easy, its private server status. GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    All I can say is I certainly hope you all know what you're doing. I have a thread here somewhere with my thoughts on the matter and the effects I expect this sale to have on the servers, and it'd be redundant to repeat them now. With all due respect however, I think you guys may have overlooked how many problems this sale could create.

It's one thing to move END-GAME gear from being near impossible to simply being rather difficult, it's something completely different to give everyone and their mother their END-GAME gear, save for those who don't cash shop.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The point of high end gear, such as rank 8/9, is SUPPOSED to be a challenge to obtain.

You know why you didn't see a bunch of people running around with rank8? Because they farmed Nirvana instead which in it's own has it's advantages over Rank8 and vice versa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, okay. I don't see why it has to be so ridiculously cheap. Really, if the concern was making it easier to obtain, you could have just cut down the price for the DQ rewards. Then people would still have to make some kind of effort to get it, rather than just charge their credit card. But I guess there's not much of a profit that way, is there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited December 2010

It's one thing to move END-GAME gear from being near impossible to simply being rather difficult, it's something completely different to give everyone and their mother their END-GAME gear, save for those who don't cash shop.

I guess we just have to take his word when he says that there is new end-game stuff to work for coming.

Thanks for finally responding to all the outrage, Frankie.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Ahaa - Lost City
    Ahaa - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

---

I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison.

PWI is evolving. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

I know people who were even planning on farming fb89 at the start of the game for signets for rank8 even if it will take 2-3months per person. invalid arguement, it was meant to be hard in the first place.

second point, if you dont get that HUGE HINT they said themself then glhf
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Rank 8 was difficult to achieve, as should any end game gear should be. People are supposed to awe when they see end game gear, and motivate them to play till one day they achieve it too. Rank 8 wasn't OP over nirvana and CV, which are much easier alternatives to farm. People still did farm rank 8 though, because people need goals.

All you did was give it away and people will bore themselves since they have nothing to look forward to. Have fun handing all of your end game content to your customers, this isn't even a game anymore. It is one large auction house. There is no PvE or farming, it is who is the highest bidder for the next end game content.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Meh..tw is dead anyways, with gold at 1m+ ea and Rank 9 gear everywhere as soon as they are done with the 36 hours opening the boxes, yeah..too easy and no point even after new content comes from the so called expansion...b:surrender
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    frankieraye, even if we are to accept your reasoning, is PWE oblivious to the concept of doing things in moderation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Let me get this straight, frankie. You say that the gear is too hard to farm... so you do this?

While I perfectly agree with making the game much easier... you put it in the CASH SHOP and do not make it ANY easier without it? Do One-Man armies now give 1000 rep?

I have NOTHING against everyone having the best gear, actually that's what I would love to see... I do however have a big problem when this is CS only. Because let's face it, 72 bucks ain't gonna get you the best, since refines will cost ****loads.

If anything, it's even harder now to farm things, given that nobody bothers anymore. That means, the game is dead -- if people don't bother to run the game's instances, how else would you call it?
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    why so much bs bro?

making nv/tt gear obsolete + gold over 1m + farming coin harder + making even bigger gap between f2p and p2p?

just so, few more people can get rank 9?

lol..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think its funny how almost every big cashshopper on Dreamweaver did a Ragequit.

You guys basically hurt yourself in the worst possible way with this, you pissed of those that spend thousands of dollars every month.

Still cant believe you guys changed price this much

Rank 9 = 5% of its original value
    Rank8 = 10% of its original value

How about next time you add things that give real Reputation.
    Or add the freaking "General Summer Token" thingy in Packs, you could have made much more money this way.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ok so like this is an idiot idea of u to just milk more the ppl lol

make tt99 armor harder to get and r8 easier to any nub

everyone will just spend 72$ get r8, everyone will just one shot each other, like a battle in the wild west lol who shots first won and then will need to cs moar to upgrade the armor way moar to not get one shot anymoar, get 2 shot, GG!
  • hahahahahahah1
    hahahahahahah1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Good luck bms running through tw with rank 8 and rank 9 everywhere.

b:bye goodbye -int era hello rank 8 era
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    so this game is "evolving" in about an hour?
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evolve
    and this involves going from actually working for end game to getting most of end game without any effort at all? gold prices hit 1M congratz GMs you finally did it
    game is dead b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    why so much bs bro?

making nv/tt gear obsolete + gold over 1m + farming coin harder + making even bigger gap between f2p and p2p?

just so, few more people can get rank 9?

lol..

The cashshoppers usually start with making good gear for farming to make more refines or more coins for other uber items. But what good is the ultimate gear when there is nothing to farm/do to gain more coins at a decent rate to improve that gear without paying purely more $ to pwi to just to be bored of the game again?
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8....

...Thanks all.

Great idea, can I have unbinding charms to sell my HH99 set?
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Thanks all.

Bold #1

Isnt that suppose to be the way it is?

Games are meant to be a challenge. PWI has turned to a private server with cash shoppers.

Bold #2

People dont play 8 hours a day here?

O.O

Bold #3

See bold #1 response.

games are suppose to be a challenge not play 1 dollar get elite gear and wtf own everything with little skill.

Bold #4

Mad? Mad? We have gone from Mad to PISSED off. a few months back. This puts a nail in the coffin of PWI "The game is Dead" -NightRage

Bold #5

BUT people actually FARM for that gear. not charge-get gear-own everything.

But you all hate farming you changed TT so it wont be farmed

Bold #6

Like all the stuff that already has been said in the genesis and the unofficial thread? zzzzz

Bold #7

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon,

exciting content on the horizon,

exciting content

for a few months
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day

Clrly You do not know who RedsRose is.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2010
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What abt the gold prices reaching new heights? atleast change that back so i can afford rank 8 too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    epic win haiz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Haiz no one respects frankie.....

he doesn't give a damn about us. Why should we care about him?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The point of high end gear, such as rank 8/9, is SUPPOSED to be a challenge to obtain.

You know why you didn't see a bunch of people running around with rank8? Because they farmed Nirvana instead which in it's own has it's advantages over Rank8 and vice versa.

100% Agree with Mikoto!

I have been watching this and HAD to post an: EL OH EL!!

Clrly You do not know who RedsRose is.

Oh hai!! With a full time job and school. Still butt hurt hun? b:kiss

Have fun PW...b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.