Newest Patch Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So, this time people are whining because the rank stuff cost less? Well, I think the price for rank gear is still very expensive. I only spent 10 dollars on this game because I earn 160 dollars A MONTH. (I am NOT from the USA, I live in a poor country). I am happy if I can spend 10 dollars every 4-5 months. However, I am happy with my TT gear. I wouldn't buy rank gear even if I could afford it, because what for? I already survive PVE with TT stuff. But yeah, I never PVP so I don't know how this affects PVPers. Oh and I'm not happy with the gold prices but I almost never buy gold, so whatever...

Edit:
    PS. I feel sorry for the people who waste thousands of dollars on a free game. They really need to visit a doctor...
  • Fizy - Sanctuary
    Fizy - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ARE YOU FLIPPIN SERIOUS WITH THIS 1.1MIL COIN FOR GOLD!? everyone of the people who work for pwi or have something to do with putting stuff in the boutique and changing prices around ALL FLIPPIN FAIL! You're making the prices on AH sky rocket and you're making threads to act like you care, are you going to do something about it? No, i don't think you will. Stop with the "we care" act and shuttup or do something about it!

To say the least, i quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b:angry
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What are your concerns ?

I'm not really concerned how the game changes and all. I just get used to them.

But I'm concerned about the community and the atmosphere. It gets tough to have to sit through a sea of complaints and still enjoy the game when essentially, this is a community based game and the community is flooded with negativity.

I don't really understand why a cashshopper would want to pay for a game where almost everyone is angry.
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This game is basically a private server, but you still need to pay the $72 to get the rep instead of having it automatically. b:laugh

Oh, and I'm guessing they wouldn't have rubber banding since their few players would rage until the server shut down.

You, Sir, just convinced me to download my first FPW. I used to cringe at them but I guess it really is all the same now.....the other ones are just better at being FPW's
  • Defian - Dreamweaver
    Defian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    its kinda useless....devs/gms/ppl incharge of sales and whoever else dont read this stuff nor do they give a rats@ss about it. srsly imma laugh cause they thinking we will move to FW? HA fvck that why should we go play another one of ur companies games when you have shown EXTREMELY poor customer service/lack of interest in ur player base? give me one good reason why? how do i know u wont pull the same bullshiet on us in FW? and i dont want just frankie to try to cover PWE's rear i want to hear from ALL of PWE. get off yalls @sses and actually listen to us b4 you lose it all and i do mean ALL. anways.../end nerd rage/QQage

Whant to hear more truth to the story ? i come froma game called Ether Saga Online or in short ESO same pwe product, was there from beta and lvl up as top 5 player in my class after getting a decent set working for it for some 3-4 motnhs they released a patch which made all the before refined and made stuff meaningless and worthless compared to new one :) even tho i was able to afford some of it most of my friends quit the game and same here happened in pwi same mistakes. PS. other game eso had best game play iwe seen in mmo so far :) tho dungeons there failed ^^

Just posting side info for those who are interested, R.I.P. pwi...
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ugysekell wrote: »
    So, this time people are whining because the rank stuff cost less? Well, I think the price for rank gear is still very expensive. I only spent 10 dollars on this game because I earn 160 dollars A MONTH. (I am NOT from the USA, I live in a poor country). I am happy if I can spend 10 dollars every 4-5 months. However, I am happy with my TT gear. I wouldn't buy rank gear even if I could afford it, because what for? I already survive PVE with TT stuff. But yeah, I never PVP so I don't know how this affects PVPers. Oh and I'm not happy with the gold prices but I almost never buy gold, so whatever...

Yup... PVE is completely survivable in TT gear, but wait a day or two and you'll see that r9 people (even r8 people) finish the same instance _much_ faster than you.
    You won't find squads cuz "you're undergeared".
    Oh wait... r8 is the new TT and r9 is the new Nirvana. Why run instances at all?
    There is no point in PVE-ing anymore. PVP? Everyone but rank-people will be oneshots. Lol@basewars
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm not really concerned how the game changes and all. I just get used to them.

But I'm concerned about the community and the atmosphere. It gets tough to have to sit through a sea of complaints and still enjoy the game when essentially, this is a community based game and the community is flooded with negativity.

I don't really understand why a cashshopper would want to pay for a game where almost everyone is angry.

My opinion is that some of the people just want to be more powerful for themselves. They will be able to go around and solo stuff which will bring in more coins for them.

I'd also love to be able to do the same, but I guess I`ll just have to keep on questing until I bring my chars to a higher level and keep on gathering coins to buy them the needed gear.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    merry effing xmas =/
  • grimreaperhc
    edited December 2010
    On other hand, do we really have to put that 'Game is dead' thing in our signatures ?
    I understand that many of you are mad because of the recent changes, but I think that we still have something to fight for.
    For example instead of buying all the badges you need for the rep, you can keep on questing and doing instances and hoping that you will get badges and stamps. On my archer, I got a lvl 3 stamp and a badge in BH39, in one run.
    Wont you feel better, for yourself and no one else, if you work hard to get what you want and to accomplish your goals in the game ?
    Me, for myself, I will feel much better. After all, I don't have cool shiny gear, I don't have amazing weapons, I don't have one of the best chars on my server, but I appreciate each and every second I can spend with friends and people I like. And now all these 'I quit' threads make me sad...
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They gave us Snowmen, Sales, and a run for our money. What a perfect holiday for a perfect world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Is PWI greedy, Hell yes.

I think the quests in expansion will have changed rewards, where you'll be able to accumulate the needed reputation for your level. Like we did till level 30 (rank 1). My take on this is that they're trying to cash in as much as possible before new expansion releases. The ruined economy is an inescapable result of it. If this proves true, lets hope the price of gold drops after expansion.

Better yet, PWI give us a deadline till discount is over b:angry

/speculation

If the reputation reward from quest is unchanged in expansion, it'll be time for me to leave b:surrender
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It could also be that causing an explosion in the Gold price and a massive quitting is what they're looking to do.

I mean, if a large portion of the higher level population goes poof, the gold prices will eventually have to adapt to the other people. And since the high level people are gone, so is 5aps farming and good factions dominating all of TW. The high level people will either have ragequit due to this sale, or cash shoppers will have quit due to boredom after achieving Rank9 and the supreme dominance of PvP.

After all, once the old high levels have quit, all they have to do is delete the threads, the patch notes, the sales and put a gag on WC. Then it'll be like the whole thing never existed.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • grimreaperhc
    edited December 2010
    On other hand, do we really have to put that 'Game is dead' thing in our signatures ?
    I understand that many of you are mad because of the recent changes, but I think that we still have something to fight for.
    For example instead of buying all the badges you need for the rep, you can keep on questing and doing instances and hoping that you will get badges and stamps. On my archer, I got a lvl 3 stamp and a badge in BH39, in one run.
    Wont you feel better, for yourself and no one else, if you work hard to get what you want and to accomplish your goals in the game ?
    Me, for myself, I will feel much better. After all, I don't have cool shiny gear, I don't have amazing weapons, I don't have one of the best chars on my server, but I appreciate each and every second I can spend with friends and people I like. And now all these 'I quit' threads make me sad...

Would love to hear your opinions. And thanks for the good behaviour everyone.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Would love to hear your opinions. And thanks for the good behaviour everyone.

Um, the Gold prices that come with the rep ruin merchanting for f2p players who are not already rich. The already rich merchants just don't care anymore. The cash shoppers are buying rank 8 or rank 9.

Everyone having Rank 8 or Rank 9 will make PvP pointless for those who don't, and that'll be the f2p players.

Also, Nirvana will be pointless since the people who could afford to buy your Raptures and Uncannies don't need them anymore. So 5 aps is pointless.

So what's left? Only the mid-game. Endgame has pretty much been killed off for f2p players, pve- and pvp-wise. And the midgame is boring, people have been through it dozens of times.

And most of the players are result-oriented. They don't just want a shiny horse that they can feel proud about, they want epic gear that they can use to farm even more epic stuff.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think everyone's behaving themselves because no one is on. or playing anymore
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Um, the Gold prices that come with the rep ruin merchanting for f2p players who are not already rich. The already rich merchants just don't care anymore. The cash shoppers are buying rank 8 or rank 9.

Everyone having Rank 8 or Rank 9 will make PvP pointless for those who don't, and that'll be the f2p players.

Also, Nirvana will be pointless since the people who could afford to buy your Raptures and Uncannies don't need them anymore. So 5 aps is pointless.

So what's left? Only the mid-game. Endgame has pretty much been killed off for f2p players, pve- and pvp-wise. And the midgame is boring, people have been through it dozens of times.

And most of the players are result-oriented. They don't just want a shiny horse that they can feel proud about, they want epic gear that they can use to farm even more epic stuff.

This

With people not buying/needing raptures/cannies

there goes the last thing a person who could do for coins

TT-Ruined
    TW-Ruined

A faction member told me there is ZERO cat shops for cannies/raptures a few hours ago in RT b:surrender
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Me and my friends play Everquest 2 now b:cute
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    cmon no one quits they just went to bed... when they wake up they'll be right back to US!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Renerei - Dreamweaver
    Renerei - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    PWI's Christmas Present : Ending your PWI Addiction!

meh game over.. feel like I just wasted my time just to have it all ruined in 1 update.. everyones quiting and I don't really blame them cause I feel like doing the same.. way to go PWI u finaly killed it..
  • DarkSatan - Dreamweaver
    DarkSatan - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i don't even have words for this lol
    exept for they just killed the game
    I will see you in Hell
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I was wondering when the next "We ****ed up so bad we need a sticky to contain all the complaints so we can just eventually unsticky the thread and ignore it" thread would pop up. You never disappoint PWI.
  • grimreaperhc
    edited December 2010
    I was wondering when the next "We ****ed up so bad we need a sticky to contain all the complaints so we can just eventually unsticky the thread and ignore it" thread would pop up. You never disappoint PWI.

Night, I`m sorry, but you are totally wrong here. As you know I`m not a part of the PWI staff and I didn't even speak to Frankie or some of the rest GMs before creating that thread.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Night, I`m sorry, but you are totally wrong here. As you know I`m not a part of the PWI staff and I didn't even speak to Frankie or some of the rest GMs before creating that thread.

That's how it usually goes. Either aryanna or a GM would have created this very thread, systematically moving anything even remotely related to the topic to it to let the thread fester, get to 100+ pages, then be forgotten about.

You just know it's bad that a new mod (no offense) just automatically creates this sort of thread after seeing it time and time again.
  • wellgo
    wellgo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Perfect World is the REAL Forsaken world. b:shocked
  • GayRobot - Lost City
    GayRobot - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ok so it could take up to two weeks to get gold back but could a GM tell me how they are doing it. ABC order or what?
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Anyone from PW-MY find this awfully familiar?
    Gold at 1mil, one color map, 8jun becoming a common item etc. lol i wonder what is going to happen next...
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    well i like i can get rank top for sin for free lol- final 5 aps sin ...but

some of my friends worked for months and months endless nirvana or tt CRAPY partys i mean many hours to recast weapons that are now worthless.. one friend got last night after soooo long first recast on lunar bow was so happy come on today see this mockery...

bottom line this free rank8 is a SLAP in face no no is a fist in face for F2P players who put out so long with P2P players... for me make no sense 0,00000 sense why would do thisb:surrender
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have NO concerns, i'd just like to state...

*It's no secret that PWE is here to make money or they would charge none.

*There is no point in griping when you know that every 4-6 months the game radically changes.

*If the game was easy for everyone, who'd play?

~next
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Pannzer - Archosaur
    Pannzer - Archosaur Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just a question I've asked in other threads.

Is there/will there be somewhere you can open the chip packs in bulk?

Currently you can go to 1K and talk to the Mysterious Merchant and open the other chip packs in quantities of 50 or 100, but those are packs of 10, not the packs of 15 that are sold in the boutique.

Opening over 20K packs to get my R9 gear is going to take a loooooooooonnnnnnng time.b:sad
  • k0rin
    k0rin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So my dear PWI:

"Last Christmas
    I gave you my heart
    But the very next day
    you gave it away.
    This year to save me from tears
    I'll give it to someone special. " b:chuckle