Newest Patch Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So 2-3 days ago I cash shopped $100 to buy blacksmith 8 and sell the gold to buy another 30 raptures. After farming for MONTHS and borrowing 15 raptures from my guild (and c/s for my last few raps), I was able to FINALLY make my 1st cast nirvana weapon. Thanks pwi for fking me over and making the last 7 or so months of farming pointless. I invested essentially 400 million coins into a weapon made randomly obsolete 2 days later. Not to mention the fact that I'll no longer be able to afford charms.

You can bet that I'll be telling this story to all my friends that are interested in playing anything by PWE. You've gotten your last dime from me, and likely anybody I know.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    sorry I shoulda posted this here I guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjRs9O36g4
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver
    Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Mazsi I think I told you something already :).

i wuvs u to <3b:kiss but still feel atm x_x
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Okay, so I am a bit low level for the whole Rank 9 stuff, but I think I am able to look at the issue mathematically, and what I see kind of surprises me.

Wraith Badge: 25 Rep

Use 8 Tokens, cost around 80,000 coins
    Use 0.9 Silver (not even $0.01 USD)

Okay, so you have to BUY the silver, and the maximum value of gold is currently about 4 million, so lets say you get some for 4 million coins for 1 Gold. (We can assume the 4 million includes the 2% service charge.)

1 Gold buys 110 Wraith Badges. (The best rate is 111 Wraith Badges per Gold if you buy lots of gold.)

4 million / 110 = 36,364 coins each. (Optimum rate is 36k per badge.) That is less than 1/2 the prize of tokens.

Of course, gold has not hit 4 million yet on all servers, but for anyone who wants to use coins to buy rep, "it's a deal at half the price". I mean ... gold could be 8.7 million coins (before commission) and it would still be cheaper than tokens.

The longer this "sale" lasts, the higher gold prices will go. In fact, it is almost foolish for anyone wanting to sell gold to be selling it for less than 8.7 million coins. After all, that is what it is worth now. (I hear there is a cap of just under 4 million, so obviously higher than that is not currently possible, but the value does not change.)

On the other hand, if token prices dropped to about 4500 each, then the upward pressure on Gold prices would even out at 4 million instead of 8+. But if you want to see 100K gold again, then tokens would have to cost only 125 coins each. I doubt anyone is willing to do that.

Kind of harsh for the non-cash players. I am one myself, (except for buying a perfect hammer and a couple of platinum charms when they were on sale) but I never expected to be able to get the top stuff. Grinding Darkness stamps to earn 300K Rep will take me more years than I am likely to live.

Anyway ... for anyone going for Rank 8, 9 etc. ...

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Grinding Darkness stamps to earn 300K Rep will take me more years than I am likely to live.

No one in their right mind farms fb59 for rep. Either do trophy mode or buy it. Any other method at this point is absurd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    sorry I shoulda posted this here I guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjRs9O36g4

You know Haden, you siggy makes me feel better. I can still keep my crappy gear but at least I have some experience with my BM. It's true that 1v1 I`ll be owned, but in squads it will be much better
    i wuvs u to <3b:kiss but still feel atm x_x

Hugs

Bosk, I think about another thing now - when the Earthguards come out the sale will be over, at least I think so I can't confirm anything. People will have their shiny gear on their mains, but from what I saw most of the people are gathering coins for their future chars, which will not be able to use the rank gear for a while, except if they get the needed rep again, and this will make it more easier for players like you and me.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Money, obviously.

Half the people here don't know about this concept of "friends".

I farm with my friends for the money and the experience; but not only did the patch **** up the economy, it also made my friends quit.
    So 2-3 days ago I cash shopped $100 to buy blacksmith 8 and sell the gold to buy another 30 raptures. After farming for MONTHS and borrowing 15 raptures from my guild (and c/s for my last few raps), I was able to FINALLY make my 1st cast nirvana weapon. Thanks pwi for fking me over and making the last 7 or so months of farming pointless. I invested essentially 400 million coins into a weapon made randomly obsolete 2 days later. Not to mention the fact that I'll no longer be able to afford charms.

You can bet that I'll be telling this story to all my friends that are interested in playing anything by PWE. You've gotten your last dime from me, and likely anybody I know.

Same here x.x 600 mil for 2nd cast nirv weap..worthless now...
    I can imagine many players on the same boat as us.
    Dedicated players that now feel like fools.
    Burn in hell pwi..you also gotten your last dime from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ITT:

The only FAIR MMOs are PAY TO PLAY. IF you expect a free to play game with a cash shop to accommodate those that can't pour money into the game, you are seriously mistaken.

Just leave already; this is the harsh truth.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ITT:

The only FAIR MMOs are PAY TO PLAY. IF you expect a free to play game with a cash shop to accommodate those that can't pour money into the game, you are seriously mistaken.

I've learned my lesson. I never intended to play this game, but I sure as hell will never play a game like it again.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Siriner - Sanctuary
    Siriner - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Our guild lost 20 members today and im guessing they quited PWI b:shocked

I hope our guild dont collapse when the US ppl wake up and finds out about this... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oink!
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ITT:

True, but today is one of the WTH as i can remember when playing mmo b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I thought Frankie said stickies would only be used for announcements from now on? :O
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This is why you should never spend money or work too hard in this game. Everything is worth scrap in their eyes, your effort and your money. We've already seen this with the DQ horses. Then we saw this again with packs. Now we see it with rep. Everyone will have r8 now, it's like the new r4. Really makes your paying customers that got r8 before feel like their money is well spent doesn't it?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    I thought Frankie said stickies would only be used for announcements from now on? :O

this is an announcement, dont you hear the Carrion call?
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

"I will carry the consequences of making this thread sticky, as I know that such threads should not be sticky, so you don't need to worry about that. What I`m trying to do is to get all of the people in one place and evade the crazy spam about the same thing. Hope you will understand me."
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This game is like a 12 pound turkey that has been in an oven set at 350 degrees for 3 1/2 hours.

Done.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited December 2010
    This game is like a 12 pound turkey that has been in an oven set at 350 degrees for 3 1/2 hours.

Done.

^ pro analogy ftw
    its soon gonna be burnt and burst into flames...setting the house on fire perhaps b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Squidy how do you think I feel?

Let's like../wrist now?
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ROFL michael i love ur siggy i want one D:
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    "I will carry the consequences of making this thread sticky, as I know that such threads should not be sticky, so you don't need to worry about that. What I`m trying to do is to get all of the people in one place and evade the crazy spam about the same thing. Hope you will understand me."

Completely understand, was just saying. Damage control's a pain, but not much we can do. GL with the efforts though.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No one in their right mind farms fb59 for rep. Either do trophy mode or buy it. Any other method at this point is absurd.

I just used DS as an example. I stopped chasing rep when I reached 5000. Of course now I can buy that 5000 rep for $1.80. Seems like a shame, because it was fun working slowly to 5000 doing FBs and collecting the odd Dog Tag or Wraith Officer Badge from a Wraith Attack, and yes, I have collected a lot of Darkness stamps from FB 19 to 79. Not exactly farming them, just getting lucky and cashing them in. Plus I have done all my quests, which is a fair bit of rep too, when your goal is only 5000.

Now, all of that game play can be replaced with a paltry purchase. In fact, I think that is less than the price of a coffee. Man, to think of all the time I wasted *smile*.

"Life is a journey, not a destination." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • w34kd0g
    w34kd0g Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Done.

Rofl your sig is pro b:chuckle
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What's LC at now?

Left for 3 days and this is what i return too. Gotta love pwi for keeping up the chaos.
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Done.

Is it stuffed?

And what with and who by??

<gets plates and cutlery ready ... >
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Squidy how do you think I feel?

Let's like../wrist now?

b:surrender sorry bro..
    lets both get some shrooms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Dear Devs,

Please pull your heads out of your ##### then jump off something very very high so PWE can then hire people that arent so obsessed with making money that they would activly KILL the thing thats making them money. Either that or go back to business school and relearn what "good business practices" are because you've clearly forgotten about the avarage playerbase and dont realize you wont run the game long off purely cashshoppers.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    As much as I really want to try out the mystic, and Seeker....... I dont see any grounds to do so now :\

I've always kinda defended pwi to my friends and said that there really isnt much of a cashshop advantage, mildly lying to myself about that. Now I cant really lie about it anymore. This rank9 business is... well.... its killed the game. Why join a faction when you can get rank9 without actually fighting for territory, when you can just buy it?

I dunno what to do now about all of this...... Piece by piece its kinda fallen away, Been with ya since the beginning, hard to let go, but... well.... ya just keep pushin' me away.

I've defended pwi, relentlessly, on forums, saying, "the problem doesnt lie in the devs and GM's, it lies in the players setting the prices."

I, for some reason... doubt it now....

You seriously think some Pissant attempt to help fringe players who dont have the money to cashshop are satisfied with the slap in the face with the snowmen? The Dragonpoint system? Really? Seriously? What possibly can compare to this infraction now on the casual side of this game? There isnt any fun left in this game now that you've taken my goals and sundered them. Thanks Pwi for nothing.

-- A weary and worn customer.
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    As much as I really want to try out the mystic, and Seeker....... I dont see any grounds to do so now :\

Agreed, i returned to pwi to prepare for the new classes. I have been merchanting endlessly for the past 3 months already and saved up a decent amount to lvl up a decent mystic.

Then this happens. b:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I've always kinda defended pwi to my friends and said that there really isnt much of a cashshop advantage, mildly lying to myself about that. Now I cant really lie about it anymore. This rank9 business is... well.... its killed the game. Why join a faction when you can get rank9 without actually fighting for territory, when you can just buy it?

I dunno what to do now about all of this...... Piece by piece its kinda fallen away, Been with ya since the beginning, hard to let go, but... well.... ya just keep pushin' me away.

I've defended pwi, relentlessly, on forums, saying, "the problem doesnt lie in the devs and GM's, it lies in the players setting the prices."

I, for some reason... doubt it now....

You seriously think some Pissant attempt to help fringe players who dont have the money to cashshop are satisfied with the slap in the face with the snowmen? The Dragonpoint system? Really? Seriously? What possibly can compare to this infraction now on the casual side of this game? There isnt any fun left in this game now that you've taken my goals and sundered them. Thanks Pwi for nothing.

-- A weary and worn customer.

I am totally agree with you and i also had almost the same problem. b:cry
    Agreed, i returned to pwi to prepare for the new classes. I have been merchanting endlessly for the past 3 months already and saved up a decent amount to lvl up a decent mystic.

Then this happens. b:bye

I also think the same, really sad . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    HT is already emerging with r9 users....or so I hear....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-