Is it still worth saving for a legendary pet...

Options

Comments

• Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Careface <.< no1 can tell u what 2 do, u have 2 find it out ur self, Other may can give ideas XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Sanctuary Venos. Lol.
    Your points being sure there lots of Venos on Sanc. just like any other server?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • mumish
    mumish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle
    elloo people..
    yes! it is worth to get herc. im a lvl 100 veno with lvl 100 herc in harshlands. i got my herc with ingame coins by buying form my catshop and trading gold through ah and cashshopping 1/3 of it. took me 2 months. b:surrender yes it is though time.

when i got my herc it came lvl 1 as usual, worked for lvling him too.

when i got him i was lvl 60, since lvl 60 to lvl 78 i soloed my own bhs.
    all mine and husabands tt gear is made by me farming.
    dont know howmuch profit i made through my herc but i can say that, if u want to be a veno, herc is a have to have! without him ur a magic char with low dmg.

ofc i am not saying having a herc will make you overpowered, please dont get me wrong im seeing lots lots venos (with both herc and nix) that cant do anything. and ofc there are some awesome venos out there without herc.

but if u are one of those people that want to be undependant from anyone, veno with herc is a right choice and no matter what it is worth it b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well I sure hope the lazy venos reroll soon. (herced or not) I don't think I've ever seen a worse veno than I did in Fcc last night. She had a herc, but she wasn't doing anything productive. nox gas on waves, and then she spams venomous on bosses, and resses her herc when it dies. No amps, no myraids, no ironwoods, no nova, and nothing else. That's just pitiful imo.

Here's another kind to add to the list: The ones in an FB that come along after your Herc attacks a mob and they fire Lucky at it but do insignificant damage! It's like saying: "Here, let me help you steal aggro from your pet!".
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Here's another kind to add to the list: The ones in an FB that come along after your Herc attacks a mob and they fire Lucky at it but do insignificant damage! It's like saying: "Here, let me help you steal aggro from your pet!".

b:laugh I think thats more along the line of "stupid" and not "lazy". At least they used something besides venomous. So i guess they are trying, but ironwood would've been best to use imo. Or what about veno's that cast SD over Amp, that's stupid. But, this veno was a special case of stupid and lazy. She was stupid for not listening to me.
    >.<
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Im also kinda scared for this.. But still, would have to be an amazing class to actually make me leave my veno. Been trying other classes abit to but they dont seem to satisfy me like my veno does b:chuckle

If your info is correct, cause it first i read about pets same lvl as them (I thought they would summon something but not really a pet), then it sucks we have to train our pets to gain lvl's. Its easy at low lvl's but at higher lvl you cant keep all your pets same lvl as you :/
    What i do worry about is what most ppl are afraid off as i heared, the fact they'll just replace us in pt's and so.. Hope they dont outdamage us or take our roll in party.
    Would be nice to see party's extend to like 8 slots to with the new classes. But thats a totally different subject again.

I am afraid . . b:surrender

idk if it has been said before, but summons have MP which they spend using skills, and raise it progresively, but very slowly. If you want to speed up, there's a skill to transfer your MP to your summon's MP.

oh! that boss that gives the weapon had to be soloed.... i made him in squad and i didn't get the item.

Aaaaanddd.... they are even more powerfull than venos, being lvl23 i soloed elf FB19. My veno had to be lvl 33 to solo it.
    Summons can't be unsummoned, but can be re-summoned, so they can lure*. They have an auto-rez skill so when i died for a bad lure i didn't have to re-run all the instance again. Plus i started 8% EXP and finished 8X% EXP
    I used lots of MP pots to speed up though b:surrender

Everytime you re-summon, the summon has 50% HP and 0 MP.

This afternoon will try to explain all the skills i can understand....

Olivassin

Kinda feel Mystics are going to be king soloers, having a decent pet, buffs and healing, plus that auto-rez.

About skills :
    - The purple demon has a melee attack which is 300% patk and a stun (3.9sec at lvl3)
    - The whip girl has one spell which hits 6 times (this one is nice but mana consumming) and a 12m aoe, which is also nice.

The 2nd summon has a nice dps spell but she is really squishy and mana consumming.
    The first summon can tank pretty well, its auto-attack is really good even compared plus it can stun.

And they also had aoe buff for absorb damage + overtime heal in one skill. (need spark)
    The auto rez skill last 15 minute with 30 second cooldown.
    Well . . need to play first to know how to deal with them. b:surrender
    But seem just like psychic they were mp eater or unable to refill their own mp unlike venomancer.
    edit : ups i mean unlike venomancer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well tts is fked up now, herc can't longer solo gba boss in 3-1 or any bosses in tt3-2 XD and tt prices sux aswell. <.<' whats point get herc w u can't longer solo those bosses that drop mats that worth somthing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alissarose - Sanctuary
    Alissarose - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I wonder if the question will be changed to " is it still worth playing venomancer " after mystic come out . . b:surrender

They got ability to buff auto rez, heal any pet, their pet always on same lv with them, able to summon more than one, aoe still not much known , and unknown how strong is their pets . .

Venomancer is great on debuff and surviving. b:victory

Yes, I think having our pets level as we level would be much better. I've only managed to keep two pets going and thats through a lot of grinding. Air and water pets are harder to level up and end up being turfed.

I'd rather have my normal pets be just as good as a herc/nix, but I guess thats not gonna happen. So no higher level instances for me.b:sad
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:laugh I think thats more along the line of "stupid" and not "lazy". At least they used something besides venomous. So i guess they are trying, but ironwood would've been best to use imo. Or what about veno's that cast SD over Amp, that's stupid. But, this veno was a special case of stupid and lazy. She was stupid for not listening to me.

You sig says why you will never get a Leg. Pet keep thinking this way.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • HellsNoir - Sanctuary
    HellsNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    In all honesty I dont see a reason to keep saving for a herc anymore. Yeah it would be epic to have one, just to say I did but really, it costs waaaaaaaay too much to even try to get one now. The economy is crappy, money is hard to come by, and Im not gonna waste it on a herc in this game. Yeah I have SoF and Nix feathers but Im not finding it worth holding onto them anymore.

As it is I always end up running with a veno that has a herc to begin with so I dont really need one. To me its just a waste of money and as it is it would take forever to even get the herc up to my lvl to be of any major use. Id rather have any form of run with a friend whose herced then spend my money on a pet pack or SOF. So to me, saving up for one isnt worth it anymore, maybe in the beginning but now it seems to be a bit pointless.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What really needed is some buddies to do everything together.
    Hm i kinda missed that on PWI . . best memories is on my older game where i had 9 people that always stick together. b:chuckle

The other doesn't lv up further if one of them don't . . lmao b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The economy is not crappy. There are far more hand outs and help for lower levels now than there was when gold was 100k per. In other words: you can play the game a lot cheaper than before. There's more variety in the market place for merchants to choose their niches from as well. I didn't save for a Herc: I bought and sold SoF and PF and adjusted prices as I got closer to being able to obtain.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You cannot play this game a lot cheaper than before, that is a flat out lie and nothing more than an attempt to come off as "pro" by an elitist no lifer...

1. There is such a thing as inflation. With gold around 100k it only took 20 mil to obtain a herc. Now Gold prices have raised that to upward of 80 mil, and it is likely 100 mil+ will become the new standard.

a) Grinding is much less effective nowadays, it used to be possible to farm much of the gold needed this way. Even with the DQ system now in place (which was cheapened by making the better rewards available through the CS) the DQ drop rate remains nerfed.

b) TT has also been nerfed. Even 1-1 single mode runs made for a nice profit before the market became saturated and drops were effectively nerfed. Mirages alone could make a 20 min run worth your while even if you had bad luck with drops. No more.

c) Same goes for other instances. The relative value of drops from RB has also come down with packs. Frost can no longer be done for drops.

d) Even Merchanting has become much more difficult. DQs such as Dull Claws and Element Essence used to be good money makers. People once made fortunes on mats such as Rough Fur... Now it isn't simply that many markets have become crowded but that the availability of items such as wine through tokens have impacted the relative value of farmable materials. The amount of time that must be invested in gathering market data has become a heavier investment. It's not just that merc'ing has become heavily focused on CS items, but towards packs which are very volatile commodities.

2. Most of the "leg ups" that have since become available are geared for heavy spenders, no lifers and those already rich. Those made available to all obviously provide no advantage in a competitive environment. This has had no effect on how easy it is to acquire a herc.

3. The investment needed to keep up at a competitive level has also been raised. Whereas before certain items were not available (Tomes, +10 vit stones) now what were previously thought of as luxuries have become necessary. 80 mil used to be enough to fully outfit a competitive high level, it will now barely cover the expense of an endgame weapon. The oportunity cost for herc has gone up given the need to spread investment on a char amongst other things.

The FACT remains it required a lesser investment of time to save enough for a herc in the old days than it does now. Given only a small proportion of venos acquire such pet with zhen alone, it will take longer for a veno to make enough. No matter what line of reasoning you attempt to use you can't twist this. It is harder now to grind or farm a herc, no matter what method you use. It is harder now to become a succesful merchant, profit margins are smaller and access to what attractive markets are left requires a heavier investment (whether in time or coin) just to get your foot in the door.

Yes, some of this factors can be thought of as unavoidable as an MMO economy develops, which doesn't help the case of venos starting from scratch today. To say that it is cheaper to play today than it used to be at a time when gold prices were near 100k is plain wrong. It is deception.
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You cannot play this game a lot cheaper than before, that is a flat out lie and nothing more than an attempt to come off as "pro" by an elitist no lifer...

Sorry, but you're a loser that has to put others down to make yourself feel better. Fail pos.

Supply Stash, DQ rewards, Weapon Mold quest, higher level helpers, Treasure Hunt quest, Mirages cost ~1/3 what they did, Dice Tickets much less, Mold prices are a small fraction due to BHs and leftovers, TT equips are selling cheaper than it cost for their refines alone, Tomes are much cheaper / plentiful so we save a fortune on feeding pets, etc. Meanwhile hay and other items low level venos can farm still sell for the same price.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MANray_ you are right but... why the hell do you bother with feeding that troll b:surrender ?
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

1. There is such a thing as inflation. With gold around 100k it only took 20 mil to obtain a herc. Now Gold prices have raised that to upward of 80 mil, and it is likely 100 mil+ will become the new standard.
    I wonder how many playing are related to Bill Gates.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but you're a loser that has to put others down to make yourself feel better. NO, unlike you i actually try to help others through my posting. Your only purpose is this continued and pathetic atempt to come off as leet by subscribing to a delussional no-lifer standard of play. Fail pos. The irony...b:chuckle

Supply Stash, Over rated and only marginally useful for low levels. This is just a goody bag and not something that will actually make a difference. DQ rewards, Which got cheapened by CS additions and do not make up for the loss of 20% in DQ drop rate. Weapon Mold quest, Be specific, you're just mentioning here what can be any number of things... higher level helpers, It's actually harder nowadays to find help with bosses. Also higher levels accelerate the economy's demise and set harder to meet standards for instance runs. Treasure Hunt quest, Do you mean the TB quest? Drop of water in a very large bucket... Mirages cost ~1/3 what they did, Which doesn't help the case of most entry level players with one of the few items low levels can trade to higher levels worth less...Dice Tickets much less, This was never the expensive part of playing Cube Mold prices are a small fraction due to BHs and leftovers, Which means people getting molds to drop can't really cash in on them anymore...TT equips are selling cheaper than it cost for their refines alone, With lower prices for TT drops it is actually harder to save for a herc or even to make your investment back.Tomes are much cheaper / plentiful so we save a fortune on feeding pets, You were doing it wrong if you were spending a fortune feeding pets before tomes... If you mean legendaries you may have missed the point this is about people saving for one. etc. There's no etcetera here, again be specific or get out. Meanwhile hay and other items low level venos can farm still sell for the same price.While the price of must have items has gone up, you really are a financial genius aren't you?
    MANray_ you are right but... why the hell do you bother with feeding that troll b:surrender ?

b:surrender I'm not letting him get away with flat out lies.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:surrender I'm not letting him get away with flat out lies.

+ 10 though i dont play on no-life mode (so doesnt care about complex facts) , i totally agree with u that the game has changed ( it is still enjoyable , but some things did get harder)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I REALLY regret I got my Herc... I got it in June for 66mil. It was good until recently. APS and Rank8 is taking over. People prefer APS sins / BMs or R8 DDs in FCC instead of a debuffer Veno. And even if they want a Veno, only one per FCC squad, and it fills up really fast, because there are too many Venos. If my friends wouldn't take me, I could't get into FCC squads anymore... x.x Wish I could trade my Herc for Rank8. I don't even do TT anymore, thanks to the changes, I can't do higher ones. So yeah...

And... just look at the screenshot:
    sshot02392.jpg

So sick of rejections. b:bye *goes to lvl Cleric*
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ...and with the Mystics going out, we're pretty much screwed.
    It looks like the Hercules is going to be an item required, not for us to be included in the squads, but for us to be able to 'play' the game if we don't have friends to help us out.

After the recent sale and the gold going up so much there are no reasons for a Venomancer to acquire a Hercules, not when it costs 100mil now. I don't like being pessimistic but Venomancers and caster classes in general have been dying and now, Rank 8, is only reviving a few rich ones. Clerics don't count since they are needed regardless of weapon (as long as they can heal well enough) and if they were to choose between a great DD caster and a Venomancer, they'll most likely choose the DD. Let's not forget the bad reputation Venomancers have....They were only accepted by random squads because they wanted the service of the Hercules. Now, there's nothing.

All we ever needed was an update to the old classes. A couple of new skills and perhaps weapons/quests (like the Tideborn weapon token quest) so that the old classes can keep up. No, I'm not talking about PvP, I don't care who's overpowered there, I'm talking about the game in general.
    It's logical..they'll prefer the Mystics because they can heal. They'll prefer the Psychic with Rank9 because they don't need Amplify Damage to deal massive damage (there's extreme poison to replace it anyway). They'll choose the 5APS Blademaster because he'll steal aggro and tank anyway, plus he's the best DD and I could keep going...

Well, not to get off topic now, but regardless of the outcome, I'm sticking with my Venomancer. It just makes me sad of how they make other classes "die". Well, the Venomancer population is too big and it won't die so easily but still...

@Tweakz - I do agree that things are a lot cheaper now, if I were to start another alt I could easily afford TT weapons and other things that were impossible for Desdi 2 years ago. However, you forgot the fact that...all these things seem good for you because you have the money. For one who is just starting PWI it's bad because they can't make a good profit out of them. You need money to make money...
    I'm not saying this to be rude but I'm just pointing out something that perhaps you missed out.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Now that we talked around the herc-subject abit, just curious what you think about the nix.
    I get your point desdi and others, but does that count for the nix to?
    I love my sawfly but I hate it when it gets stuck in the ground that much.. Im very confsued atm wether or not to keep saving for a legendary pet. First wanted the herc for all the reasons i read since i came to pwi, besides the lasts weeks/months. Now that he aint that big a deal anymore in comparisation im wondering if i should save to get a nix instead. Or maybe none who knows. Dont wanna buy a pet for 100mil+ and see in the next weeks mystics come out overdoing all we veno's can do..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @Tweakz - I do agree that things are a lot cheaper now, if I were to start another alt I could easily afford TT weapons and other things that were impossible for Desdi 2 years ago. However, you forgot the fact that...all these things seem good for you because you have the money. For one who is just starting PWI it's bad because they can't make a good profit out of them. You need money to make money...
    I'm not saying this to be rude but I'm just pointing out something that perhaps you missed out.

By agreeing you're submitting yourself to being called a liar. -lol

I don't think people realize how much coin they can make just by leveling a character. I did this with an assassin (melee class!) even doing BHs; by level 50 I had 2m coin even after buying all the skills I wanted for it. I also played it after doing dailies on 2 other toons (bad coin to xp ratio). Leveling to 50 now is a lot faster, cheaper, easier than it used to be when I was able to level daily to mid 70s. Lower level mats still sell great! I was selling them to catshops. If I had been more dedicated to this character: I could have sold them in my own for even more profit.

I could have ignored the skills: I was building pure dex which could have gotten by with just melee and LV1 blood paint. I could have used a veno with just Venemous and a free pet. If you figure how many toons you'd have to level to 50 to earn a Herc, well it isn't that many. Pretty sure I worked harder to get my Herc back when gold was 100k per than I'd have to now. Also, as I recall TT was never the best money maker for venos. People just assume these things forever like they assume 5 aps are the biggest money makers.

If people are still discouraged about getting a Herc / Nix: I'd highly recommend playing another class like Wiz or Psy. I know the wiz is a very cheap class and much better for lazy and or casual players. Psy might be a little more hands on, and who knows what Mystics will be like. Venos aren't that great without legendary pets, and I think that's why they've been added.

People were discouraging people from getting Hercs and Nixes even when gold was 100k per (as well as harassing people for pointing out how easy it was). Nothing has changed. The forum is still over run by name calling dishonest fails that can't present a solid argument.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @ Desdi; I've already explained how some few items going down in price (mirages, shards, TT mats) actually have a negative impact on prices when these are calculated as investments on time. Seriously, this is pretty much on the line of claiming that cheap Chinese imports have improved the living standards of Americans...

The items that have gone down in price are precisely those which rather serve as a source of income for players. Are all the people posting they were lucky they got their herc while prices were lower lying now? It takes a longer investment in time/zhen to build a competitive character now than it used to when prices were near 100k. I realize you meant to engage Tweakz in a less confrontational manner than my own, but come on, if you're taking any parameter other than actual irl resources (time, hard cash) as a basis for determining prices you've already been defeated by his logic.

But since apparently the goal of many wealthy high levels is to make princess type chars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3qgrSon4To the rest of us can go eat brioche...

@Tweakz It takes a power leveler something like a week playing full time to level a char past 50 (yes, hypers and BH can cut this down in half but that would defeat the purpose of leveling a char to make coin) so that would be 50 weeks playing full time to make enough for a herc using your method (not to mention you'd wind up with more than a handful of accounts all filled with with underskilled chars) which may not be much of an issue for you but is impossible for those of us with actual lives... That is easier to get a herc now than it used to be before is an outright lie, by your own logic you'd only have needed 10 weeks back when gold prices were near 100k...

And liars shouldn't talk about dishonesty, especially when they've proven they can't back their arguments with actual facts or figures, resorting to stupid overcomplicated examples instead...
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think everything is normal until . .
    I know the wiz is a very cheap class and much better for lazy and or casual players.
    What the . . wizard is the most expensive caster to become strong both in PVE (not mention solo instance as wizard or psychic is so time consuming and kinda like a suicide, cleric even doing much better here) or PVP and also character that need extra patience for it. (strong after near end game)
    b:shocked Not to mention how much they position on PVE has been damaged by 5 aps. (and some say also because psychic from the final result of how easy psychic spam huge damage and cheap aoe with nice effect)
    Psy might be a little more hands on, and who knows what Mystics will be like. Venos aren't that great without legendary pets, and I think that's why they've been added.
    It should be psychic that much more better for lazy and casual players. (i didn't biased it just like that from wiz vs psychic experiences since lv 1, at last until very high lv)
    Some people have conclusion that mystic is "beep" a##h###st on "beep" r*g**r** "beep" online. b:pleased
    Judged from their skills and pet + plants . . only need trap set up skill then it's complete just like that *one* class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @ Desdi; I've already explained how some few items going down in price (mirages, shards, TT mats) actually have a negative impact on prices when these are calculated as investments on time. Seriously, this is pretty much on the line of claiming that cheap Chinese imports have improved the living standards of Americans...

American's have a great standard of living thanks to slave labor whether it was at home or abroad. If there's a problem; it's the trillions a year they send to support the illegal occupation and land theft of Palestine. Some of my Chinese workers refused to work in China yet are some of the best employees here. The fact that you're sitting cozy behind a computer typing your **** doesn't help your argument. It's also the high levels that get mirages by the buttloads.
    The items that have gone down in price are precisely those which rather serve as a source of income for players.

Nonsense. I already pointed out the value of mats that you can solo for hasn't changed. TT's were never that profitable, and higher levels get mirages by the buttload. So many mirages infact that it wouldn't take long to get a Herc just by NPC'ing them.

Are all the people posting they were lucky they got their herc while prices were lower lying now?

Maybe they're just suckers for your bull ****.
    It takes a longer investment in time/zhen to build a competitive character now than it used to when prices were near 100k.

Yes because attendance rings, rank equips, pre- sharded/ refined TT stuff, kick *** stuff from supply stash, etc is so hard to get now you idiot. There used to be a larger gap in capabilities between the rich and poor but now there are too many hand outs.
    @Tweakz It takes a power leveler something like a week playing full time to level a char past 50 (yes, hypers and BH can cut this down in half but that would defeat the purpose of leveling a char to make coin) so that would be 50 weeks playing full time to make enough for a herc using your method (not to mention you'd wind up with more than a handful of accounts all filled with with underskilled chars) which may not be much of an issue for you but is impossible for those of us with actual lives... That is easier to get a herc now than it used to be before is an outright lie, by your own logic you'd only have needed 10 weeks back when gold prices were near 100k...

Bad math dumbass.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    American's have a great standard of living thanks to slave labor whether it was at home or abroad. No, that's bull...The US built what was in fact one of the most egalitarian societies in world history despite its many shortcomings. That the US government or American corporations have engaged in exploitation of many peoples both home and abroad is not what contributed to the prosperity of the nation. If there's a problem; it's the trillions a year they send to support the illegal occupation and land theft of Palestine. I certainly doubt it's trillions from the US government, and this is not an issue that can be discussed in simple black and white terms... It's certainly not appropiate forum conversation. Some of my Chinese workers refused to work in China yet are some of the best employees here. Could it have something to do with them getting paid better? The Chinese have set up one of the worst exploitation based economic models known to man... The fact that you're sitting cozy behind a computer typing your **** doesn't help your argument. Actually, it does. I'm Mexican. What my country needs is a lot more people behind computers. I do work for a living. It's also the high levels that get mirages by the buttloads. Not at equilibrium for their refining needs, even if you're getting orbs from selling mirages...

Nonsense. I already pointed out the value of mats that you can solo for hasn't changed. Which i countered by explaining that prices for other items have risen in the meantime. TT's were never that profitable, Speak for yourself, it was well established at some point that TT runs were far more profitable than grinding/farming. and higher levels get mirages by the buttload. Not enough So many mirages infact that it wouldn't take long to get a Herc just by NPC'ing them. How long? Care to back your tripe with anything other than your opinion?

Maybe they're just suckers for your bull ****. Yeah, right.

Yes because attendance rings, Not really worth it at 90+. rank equips, it's not easy to get anything above 6. pre- sharded/ refined TT stuff, Sold at a huge mark up if you haven't noticed. kick *** stuff from supply stash, Not worth it after level 50. etc Once again, don't just mention a lot of of stuff which can easily be proven doesn't quite work the way you claim and then think just adding etcetera adds any backing for your claims. is so hard to get now you idiot. What? mid-level stuff you don't need anyway?There used to be a larger gap in capabilities between the rich and poor No, there wasn't. but now there are too many hand outs. Stuff you don't actually need and that doesn't make that much of a difference...

Bad math dumbass.Prove it you PHONY LIAR.

b:bye
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't really have a proper answer to your question, but this is my experience with herc & nix.

I've had my herc since level 1, and it was a gift.
    It was ENTIRELY worth it, being able to solo almost EVERYTHING that you would need done, BH, FB, TTs & bosses. It's AWESOME, and now at my level on my server at least, (Harshlands) it's so hard to find an FC squad without a herc.

The money making aspect of a herc veno is still very much alive in my opinion. Being able to solo TT is still profitable. Not really as much as it used to be, but doing a couple runs every once in a while is a nice bit of coin into your pocket.
    (I can make about 400k in 15 minutes doing a quickie 1-1 squad mode)

I was planning on saving up money I made from TT and grinding with herc to buy a nix but I'm horrible with money management. I would save up 10mil and then be like OMGFASHION and spend it all. So I gave in and bought 100$ of PWE cards and bought my nix. (Earlier this week when gold was at 1.4mil each) It took me a while to get all the feathers from people but I have to admit spending the money was entirely worth it, so saving up would be as well.
    (In my opinion at least)

Nix is AMAZING in PVE and PVP. I can't imagine playing my veno without it now.

As for price, I play Harshlands and when I got herc sof/feathers were 8k each.
    When I got my nix recently sof/feathers were at 10k each. But once gold cools down it should chill down to about 8k.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't really have a proper answer to your question, but this is my experience with herc & nix.

I've had my herc since level 1, and it was a gift.
    It was ENTIRELY worth it, being able to solo almost EVERYTHING that you would need done, BH, FB, TTs & bosses. It's AWESOME, and now at my level on my server at least, (Harshlands) it's so hard to find an FC squad without a herc.

The money making aspect of a herc veno is still very much alive in my opinion. Being able to solo TT is still profitable. Not really as much as it used to be, but doing a couple runs every once in a while is a nice bit of coin into your pocket.
    (I can make about 400k in 15 minutes doing a quickie 1-1 squad mode)

I was planning on saving up money I made from TT and grinding with herc to buy a nix but I'm horrible with money management. I would save up 10mil and then be like OMGFASHION and spend it all. So I gave in and bought 100$ of PWE cards and bought my nix. (Earlier this week when gold was at 1.4mil each) It took me a while to get all the feathers from people but I have to admit spending the money was entirely worth it, so saving up would be as well.
    (In my opinion at least)

Nix is AMAZING in PVE and PVP. I can't imagine playing my veno without it now.

As for price, I play Harshlands and when I got herc sof/feathers were 8k each.
    When I got my nix recently sof/feathers were at 10k each. But once gold cools down it should chill down to about 8k.
    This is false about wizards. They can be consuming on pots, both hp and mp, like any caster, if you're doing a constant amount of attacks. The cheapest wizard build is easily the crit build, which is what my wizard is, she only has a +5 TT99 weapon with TT90 armor and no squad has ever complained about her damage, despite my archer, bm, veno (in fox form + herc) and now cleric doing more damage. Wizards and psychics both are very cheap to play and make. Veno's are more expensive counting the legendary pet, and so are all classes complimented with -int gear. Consequently, for Nirvana squads, I see people asking for veno's but nothing about a herc.

I was watching the video for a mystic and surely there will be less venos playing for a while for the same reason so many flocked to fishies -- it's new. I haven't been impressed enough to say they will kill the veno class, because they can heal too, and set traps that sound similar to the Diablo assassin. That alone will be useful but if their pet cant tank at lower levels and if they can't aoe worth a ****, they will be only a squad fluffer class with cool looking pets and nothing more.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    k lets make a end to this "question". KK let ppl do whatever they want w they char, and use whatever they will. ITS not urs prob, if they wnat use damn ** alot time or waste money, Its their choice.

atm All pets are good, veno w and w/o legdary pets are good. k

Um i see many say - its hrad get fc w/o herc.

(just have 2 say this )its not true, i get fc squad 3-5 times a day.."they even kicked out a lvl 91 her veno 2 inv me" XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ithlia - Heavens Tear
    Ithlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Honestly, if you were going to get a legendary pet, I'd say get a herc over a Nix. You can always get a Nix after you get your herc, but a herc is more useful imo.

But really quickly, the Mystics are NOT going to replace venos -rolls eyes- Their "pets" don't last forever, so say if he/she were tanking and the boss took a while to kill and the tanking "pet" unsummoned...well...you're screwed.

As for a herc at high-levels, from what I've seen it is pretty much required if you want to get any kind of squad. Don't get me wrong, if you don't have a herc you can still get a squad, but most players would rather have a herc veno over a non-herc veno. Every time I read world chat and a squad is looking for a veno, they always ask that the veno has a herc, or that they would prefer a veno with a herc.

But, if you honestly don't want to spend the money or grinding to get a herc, I would suggest changing classes then if you are worried about not getting a squad at higher levels.