Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm just hoping the new classes don't kill the little bit of use wizards still get in pve lol.
    b:surrender
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm just hoping the new classes don't kill the little bit of use wizards still get in pve lol.

ima say this now, if the new classes are even slightly better/the same caliber as psys then the wizards extinction is inevitable. psychics right now are slowly but surely being recognized as the best magic class in game right now and if the new classes are actually on par/better/compliment psychics in anyway then the balance will be upset and wizards will no longer be of use. the psys and earthguard will be the top of the magic food chain.

and what will really seal the nail in the coffin is if the new classes have pretty magic spells. wiz spells are already ugly especially compared to psy skills lol. so ya, not looking good for wizards right now...
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol genesis, this expansion should be called - we gonna **** you more - , stay tuned for more infos! b:victory
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

amen to that brother
    the fish TOOK OUR JOBS
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Scandalous - Dreamweaver
    Scandalous - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol genesis, this expansion should be called - we gonna **** you more - , stay tuned for more infos! b:victory

b:chuckle I agree with this statement 100% b:pleased
    Back from Retirement

Calamity taking over Dreamweaver since March 2009.
    RIP Calamity - October 30th / 2010
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I see Dreamweaver is still full of QQers, even QQing about stuff they do not have the slightest info about so far. b:chuckle Way to go! How about WAIT and then cry?

About wizards: Yea I do hope wizards don't get screwed up anymore. They never had the attention that class deserved.. If they do **** em up, I ma level my LC wizard in spite, just because that awesome class deserves more players. (Go make wizard alts y'all b:angry)
  • Rav_Remnant - Raging Tide
    Rav_Remnant - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:surprised 10021287627866849.jpg

The weapon seems new to me. ._.

__

imo

Mystic - I can see a sword class that imbues there weapons. :D
    Seeker - I have no clue about. Last second thought tells me Thief class.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    amen to that brother
    the fish TOOK OUR JOBS

It can't be helped that we look nicer, cast faster, have a nice little AoE Heal/Sage Purify, and can kill barbs in 1 hit with a soulburn attack.
    b:surrender You guys should petition for nicer stuff maybeh? The Wizards got SCREWED as far as magic classes go.

......except for Ice Dragon...omg...that skill. I would trade my earth troll for that dragon any day of the week.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *shrug* Sins and Psys aren't prolly finished yet. I can see new, more powerful moves. ...well for the psychics anyway.
  • TangLung - Lost City
    TangLung - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Frankieraye, I don't expect this to stay up for long; site admins on the news page have already killed it 3 times.

What I WOULD like to see is PWI come out and publicly EXPLAIN to me why they are so worried about what's in my post, that they keep deleting it. Or did I hit the nail too hard to contrast?

SO.... here it is (again).

======

An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy had foretold the destruction of Perfect World:

(TangLung's Spark note: those were the customers whose feedback PWE hasn't given a hoot about, over the years - not prophets.... ijs.)

I came, I saw, I pwned you....QQ
  • TangLung - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    To all the haters, and would-be slammers, don't offer a comment if you haven't read the original post first, and without knowing WHY I am being so persistent.

Butthurt? No... just very combattive when I am wronged.

And don't tell me you don't care, or don't care to read it. If you don't care, then don't comment, either.

http://bit.ly/PWISUX

They keep truncating my post, too... so what you are seeing in the PWI forums is NOT the post that's on the website (where they can't touch it)

-TL
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TangLung: If your just gonna complain and other **** in your post. Just link the damn blog you did and let people who want to read it click on that link and read it.

Then leave. You are of NO. HELP. AT. ALL.

b:byeb:bye
  • Irda - Raging Tide
    Irda - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is one of these classes going to use whips? http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/isubtype/293
  • TangLung - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TangLung: If your just gonna complain and other **** in your post. Just link the damn blog you did and let people who want to read it click on that link and read it.

Then leave. You are of NO. HELP. AT. ALL.

b:byeb:bye

You are fully entitled to you own opinion.

I did link to the post, and I do I have plenty of PM's and comments in the blog (still to approve) that are on my side.

KTHXBAI.

-TL
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is one of these classes going to use whips? http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/isubtype/293

No. Phys one will use a type of sword. I don't remember the mag class's wep, but it wasn't a whip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Geijutsuka - Lost City
    Geijutsuka - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this expansion is somewhat meaningless since FW is coming out soon. More than likely same time as expansion, all the expansion intends to do is keep ppl playing = more money in their pockets. Once FW is out PW will fade away and all the ppl that are ego hardcore about their chars will have the servers to themselves or with complete noobs = pw servers not fun.

What PW should do is completely phase out Perfect World and focus on Forsaken World, and maybe PW can give a little something to players that migrate to Forsaken World if those players have played longer than a year or so on PW. That might result in a very high player base which would mean more player interaction with others = more fun, things to do. Which is why i say scrap PW and bury it under 10 feet of cement already, Forsaken World will be a by far better experience in the long run. b:bye
  • TangLung - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this expansion is somewhat meaningless since FW is coming out soon. More than likely same time as expansion, all the expansion intends to do is keep ppl playing = more money in their pockets. Once FW is out PW will fade away and all the ppl that are ego hardcore about their chars will have the servers to themselves or with complete noobs = pw servers not fun.

What PW should do is completely phase out Perfect World and focus on Forsaken World, and maybe PW can give a little something to players that migrate to Forsaken World if those players have played longer than a year or so on PW. That might result in a very high player base which would mean more player interaction with others = more fun, things to do. Which is why i say scrap PW and bury it under 10 feet of cement already, Forsaken World will be a by far better experience in the long run. b:bye

These are very valid points of speculation. They may be quite right, too.

Either way, here's hoping that in launching FW, the Management at PWE have learned from their errors in PWI.

-TL
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Same thing was said about BoI...and look how that ended up. I can't wait for the naysayers to finally be gone to FW so that the rest of us can play in peace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

The thing is, PWI was PWE's first released game and they're most successful one up to this point, you don't expect them to just forget about it do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

LEAVE.
    [/10char] b:bye
  • XKayla - Archosaur
    XKayla - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Will there be a new server coming out too. I stopped playing PW for a year and want to start back so I waited to see if they'll open a new server with the new expansion O.o
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:surprised 10021287627866849.jpg

The weapon seems new to me. ._.

That is... a Wizard equipped with a Glaive. And a very common one at that, just without the green glow.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Aurillia - Raging Tide
    Aurillia - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hm, looks interesting :) I'm really excited for this new expansion... people should stop being so pessimistic about it b:pleased
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I bet new classes will be more OP than assassins to lure people start and spend real money again. But they don't caught me.b:laugh I'm not so stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hm, looks interesting :) I'm really excited for this new expansion... people should stop being so pessimistic about it b:pleased

How many expansions and major upgrades did you seen in you playing history? I seen a lot. So we have reason to be pessimistic about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That is... a Wizard equipped with a Glaive. And a very common one at that, just without the green glow.

I, I knew that. <.< >.>
  • shuy7
    shuy7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We just got Archosaur and Raging Tide....I doubt it.

People can doubt the opening of a new server, but it doesn't change the fact if you're going to add all this content then you better have the high probably of expecting a new server to comprehend this content, because even if some of the servers are not near full, bad marketing and just an overall bad decision.

It was predicted PWI will announce a new PvP server March-June'11, so expect that. and if not then come here and tell me how wrong I amb:pleased
  • Cilan - Harshlands
    Cilan - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good new places, new gears, new races, but for went we will get NEW SKILLS FOR THE OTHER CLASS!!! and for god sake please fix the game glicht is so anoying jump and get stuck in the air.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How many expansions and major upgrades did you seen in you playing history? I seen a lot. So we have reason to be pessimistic about it.

The only thing to be pessimistic about are the new bugs that are sure to be introduced while the old bugs remain unfixed. (Note, I've been here since a few days into week 1 in August 2008)

Past updates(I can only recall 3 major and a few minor tweaks, forgot the 4th major):

OHT: Was introduced a bit early into this game as it fit into the Chinese version. Honestly should've been introduced as part of the original release. It provided 4 new explorable maps as well as several new quest chains, and useful skills for both helping to balance classes for pvp and having beneficial uses in pvp.

Genies: Excellent new aspect added to the game, took some time to figure out the specifics and proper working of the genies, or to incorporate the "new essentials" that genies provided, but overall good aside from the initial huge increase in lag.

Tideborn: By far my favorite update, it introduced a huge new aspect into both pve as well as pvp as well as a new gear farming instance which further benefits the perpetual player with something more to do, a new goal to achieve, and new heights to climb.

Overall, the major updates, b:victory.

Minor updates on the other hand:

Packs: By far the worst thing pwi did to the game, had they simply added the buyable tokens, the markets would still be balanced, there wouldn't be as many freak power players.

Bounty Hunters: No longer are only the elite high levels, no longer is 100 hard fought and a true achievement, it makes it harder to be certain of the skill/drive of the player next to you.

Frostland: This update especially pissed me off b:angry, when it was announced, was only days after I had gotten my old main character to the gearing I felt necessary to conquer an extremely difficult instance, but I let it slide as the description they gave was that the gear would be much easier to obtain from the new instance than it had been from the old.... So, show me one person wearing full Frostland armor, they don't exist, simply because this update was a lie. If however they enabled both versions of frostland (not difficult) as the leveling factor was already wrecked by Bounty Hunters, the restoration of the gearability would make the now over a year removal forgiveable.

Lunar: Once again upset me, this time because I had finished my gear from this instance when they made it MUCH easier, however, as it's left us without certain bosses, once again, certain gear is nearly unattainable. Though with the addition of trophy mode, supposedly the gear materials can once again drop, but good luck actually getting the trophy mode reward.

Hence, as this will be a major update, I expect to find myself satisfied by the results, though as with the Raging Tide update, I found myself wanting for a greater number of basic "Elite" armoring options, I certainly hope a new tiered gear instance like TT is added, as well as TT being updated and an alternative to nirvana is introduced to the game, not stronger, but an equivalent alternative.

b:thanks
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They JUST released these photos on the Chinese server. PWI copied them and posted them here in record time. There isn't ANY other information about these classes than area concept art.

Check here: http://w2i.wanmei.com/main.htm That will be more up to date with pictures.

any1 can upload those concept art pics to a diff page? doesnt load to me D: using lamesauce firefox 3.6.xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.