I'm curious, what players gain by killing low level clerics?

Options
Kanetsidohi - Lost City
Kanetsidohi - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I'll ask because today I can barely play because some players keep killing me over and over. I have no money, stones or refined gear, I was collecting herbs, and killing monsters to get more spirit.

So, do they win something, or they just try to show how powerfull they are?
Post edited by Kanetsidohi - Lost City on

Comments

• Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I had the same problem on my alts in the 30s range. :/ some people just like to make life miserable for lowbies- and some think that by being red-named it gives them prestige and that people will think they're "cool".
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Meh, If i kill somebody in the lvl 30 range it's because they were stupid enough to go white named (On my BM on HT).

With this dude (the guy i'm posting on) I kill them because they are killing the mobs i need.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Killing low-level players is how some fail PKers pad their PvP stats. Sad, but true...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If they were killing you over & over & preventing you from playing, I think it could count as harassment & you can report them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lynneya - Sanctuary
    Lynneya - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Even at higher levels some players like to PK clerics, I guess because we are generally easier to kill then most and don't tend to spend our time and money equipping ourselves to harm others. It does seem we can be an easy target at times especially if you are in the PK enabled spots in the Cubes two "Bored" rooms.

I write that off to immature players and don't let it bother me much. I'm more then happy to buff and rezz players as my Cleric and the majority of folks are appreciative.

Try not to let it bother you too much. It does seem like the actions and words of the few immature players here overwhelm the vast majority of friendly helpful players, especially on these forums. Though truly I've found that most folks here are nice and helpful and so long as you treat them with respect they will treat you the same.
  • Kanetsidohi - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you for your anwers, I was rather curious about it.

I know they must be higher level because many have tried to kill me, and they usually fail. I try not be too upset because they don't get any of my gear, and I don't lose any experience but having to fly back to the place I was before gets tiresome after a while.

Most of the time is fun to play, and share with other people, today was way out of the ordinary but I'm a cleric because I like it, and I'll keep helping people when I can, and if they ask nicely! b:chuckle

• Avryll - Sanctuary
    Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they get +1 kill on their record. there doesnt have to be a point. its just funny to watch a noob die.
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Even at higher levels some players like to PK clerics, I guess because we are generally easier to kill then most and don't tend to spend our time and money equipping ourselves to harm others.

this!!! if there is some kind of gank going or if its just a cleric thats pink or red name i kill them because clerics tend to be rather squishy and there attacks dont hit as hard as wizzys.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Because they can and they want to.

There doesn't have to be a reason behind it, and they don't need to gain from it, people just get bored and want to kill some people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you want to just enjoy playing the game without all the childishness start a character on a PvE server and then you can choose whether you get into PvP or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you want to just enjoy playing the game without all the childishness start a character on a PvE server and then you can choose whether you get into PvP or not.

Yep, then you play the game till 100 and realize there is not much more left but pvp endgame. Then you get bored because pvp on a pve server is ten times more childish and boring than on a pvp server... Well, and then you reroll... b:bye
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yep, then you play the game till 100 and realize there is not much more left but pvp endgame. Then you get bored because pvp on a pve server is ten times more childish and boring than on a pvp server... Well, and then you reroll... b:bye

b:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

This isnt entirely true.
    There are multiple ownage pkers through all of PWI's servers, PvE or PvP

one thing many PvP server players dont realize is that all the people that pk in PvE are either noobs who wanted to see what the button did, or 95+ peeps with excelent gear that wanna puff out their chest.

at least on PvP servers there are carebears who didnt know what they were doing when they rolled in a PvP server, not to mention all the 95+ have to be in Pk mode, not just the ones with good gear

Does this mean there isnt skilled PvP'ers in PvP servers? Ofc not, you guys DO have some of the best pkers, but try and not get too full of youselves...
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Story of my PW life.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This isnt entirely true.

one thing many PvP server players dont realize is that all the people that pk in PvE are either noobs who wanted to see what the button did, or 95+ peeps with excelent gear that wanna puff out their chest.

at least on PvP servers there are carebears who didnt know what they were doing when they rolled in a PvP server, not to mention all the 95+ have to be in Pk mode, not just the ones with good gear

Does this mean there isnt skilled PvP'ers in PvP servers? Ofc not, you guys DO have some of the best pkers, but try and not get too full of youselves...

Lalius and I both started on Dreamweaver. We are not just "esholes" on PvP server thinking we are better than PvE server.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You should expect that when you roll on a PVP server that you will be engaged in PVP combat. Why people make up such strange rules or QQ when someone kills them I won't know. If you're questing find another area with quest mobs (there usually are other areas), as most of the people who get bothered on PVP servers when questing are in populated areas or are lazy and quest on the closest autopath area. Try actually being more careful.

Personally, I don't give two craps about PVP which is why I rolled on a PVE server. Not to be a carebear at all, but because PVP in certain MMO's just don't interest me in any way, shape, or form. For those who PVP a lot, it boggles my mind why any of them would roll on a PVE server. Actually never mind, there's always people who want to impress a crowd, so without a doubt there's a demand for a few people to be the best amateur in a group of amateurs to feed their ego.
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    one thing many PvP server players dont realize is that not all the people that pk in PvE are either noobs who wanted to see what the button did, or 95+ peeps with excelent gear that wanna puff out their chest.
    write complete thoughts if you're going to argue, baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cause they are bored.

If I ever pk a lowbie its just one time usually unless they say something really insulting in PM afterwards b:laugh
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    play on a carebear server if you dont like it. like me. im an uber wimp and dislike being killed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they do it to take the easy route to a higher kill count. they do it because a kill where they opponent has absolutely no chance of beating them puts extra millimeters on their e-peens. a fair fight causes e-peens to shrivel in fear over the chance of defeat.

it's the same sort of person who pks people porting into the cube.

to them a kill is a kill. to most serious pvp players (not PKer) though, the enjoyment is in the battle. If you never stretch yourself against opponents of equal or higher level than you, then you will never truly learn what pvp is about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In response to a few posts in here, I love how people assume that anyone who rpks lowbies doesn't fight people their own level too. Since when can you only do one or the other? I kill lowbies that I'm flying over when I see them, but I also fight people my own level. I prefer to fight higher level people. But that doesnt stop me from doing both.

Plus with how slow PvP is on the server these days, killing a lowbie is a great way to get real PvP. Kill a lowbie, if he has a main, he gets on it. Kill his main, he gets his guild. All of a sudden you got a PvP war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lalius and I both started on Dreamweaver. We are not just "esholes" on PvP server thinking we are better than PvE server.

This. I love my level 100 Dreamweaver wizard, but I came to realize that PVP on Dreamweaver is totally boring. The same 15 or so people standing at Orchid Temple, all pimped up lvl 100 chars. Attacking someone without asking, even if the person is red, results in massive QQ and being ganked by like 5 people. Not saying DW is a bad server, there are a lotta nice people who I still miss. But the PVP is just meh...
  • RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    RedFangz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    question, where do you see your kill stats??
    True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
    >>http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=bf82353e88e001a6<&lt;
    They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
    16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A year ago GMs changed the rules of PK

You dont get kills for people 20-30 levels under you
    And if you can only kill the same person 3 times every 1 or 3 hours. After that third time, you stop getting kill points until that 1-3 hour cooldown is up.

Also, you dont get kills from your faction mates and I even think friendlist.

This was like a year ago, use the search function XP
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kanetsidohi - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you again.

I didn't know there were differences between the servers, I choose mine just because it was the less populated.

Could you tell me in which server I can avoid pvp as much as possible? I really don't care about it, and I don't mind starting all over again, it'll be even more fun now with the experience I've got.

b:thanks
  • CuteButEvil - Harshlands
    CuteButEvil - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They're bored, dislike the player, dislike the faction, in a bad mood, are crazy, kill everybody, got annoyed at clerics...who knows? lol.

(I don't have a 30+ cleric, but have a good cleric friend)
    b:victory
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you again.

I didn't know there were differences between the servers, I choose mine just because it was the less populated.

Could you tell me in which server I can avoid pvp as much as possible? I really don't care about it, and I don't mind starting all over again, it'll be even more fun now with the experience I've got.

b:thanks

I would recommend Dreamweaver, if you really wanna join a PVE server. It is really a nice server after all. Also I think Raging Tide and Archosaur are somewhat low populated. I myself yould always go for the older ones.

@Mizu: Didn't you wanna level your Psy on LC? b:sad
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I had the same problem on my alts in the 30s range. :/ some people just like to make life miserable for lowbies- and some think that by being red-named it gives them prestige and that people will think they're "cool".

It's a rite of passage that every 3x goes though. It dies down as you start leveling up.

This isnt entirely true.

Yes, but you'll never see end-game mass-group-pvp that occurs on a pvp server. Some of the best PK wars involve 20-30 people on each side and can last 30 minutes to an hour or more, kind of like mini-TW on the open map.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's a rite of passage that every 3x goes though. It dies down as you start leveling up.

Yes, but you'll never see end-game mass-group-pvp that occurs on a pvp server. Some of the best PK wars involve 20-30 people on each side and can last 30 minutes to an hour or more, kind of like mini-TW on the open map.

good times man.......good timesb:cry
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll ask because today I can barely play because some players keep killing me over and over. I have no money, stones or refined gear, I was collecting herbs, and killing monsters to get more spirit.

So, do they win something, or they just try to show how powerfull they are?

Killing random low levels doesn't give you anything, dont even think you get pvp-points if someone is much lower than yourself and 3X for sure wont drop anything valuable.

But its considered "fun" for a lot of players, specially if the lower levels keeps getting 1 shot, cant defend themselves at all and gets upset. You also deal way higher damage on 3X since they have low defenses which i guess might boost your in game ego. Or the guy just wants more red hours to look badass and target everyone in the area.

Some people also enjoy when stuff is very easy. Would you prefer grinding mobs that dies in 1 shoot or mobs you have to kite and pot and use several skills to bring down and also risk getting killed? If you enjoy the first option you might also understand why someone kills lowbies instead of same level players. They like to win with minimum effort.

People do a lot of things in videogames even if it doesn't come with a reward anyway. TW is another example, you dont really get anything for winning a land but a few guilds still bid and participate because its fun.
This discussion has been closed.