I'm curious, what players gain by killing low level clerics?

Comments

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll ask because today I can barely play because some players keep killing me over and over. I have no money, stones or refined gear, I was collecting herbs, and killing monsters to get more spirit.

So, do they win something, or they just try to show how powerfull they are?

its their way of makeing future enemies and friends. they need the pvp score to so 1 lower lvl dead makes they get it high.

in short
    1. easy to kill

2. cant recieve damage back
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's also fun playing the "Bad guy" once in a while as well. This is a role playing game afterall.

It's pretty fun especially when whole guilds are called on you and you get messages asking if you have killed people in real life or tortured animals as a child.

When you play the "Bad guy" you get to see an interesting side of people that normally does not come out.

(Just a FYI though at the start of the server non of my pvp kills were lowbie pks since I was a strict carebear back than, once I started random pking the 30 level difference rule was already in place)
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    It's also fun playing the "Bad guy" once in a while as well. This is a role playing game afterall.

It's pretty fun especially when whole guilds are called on you and you get messages asking if you have killed people in real life or tortured animals as a child.

When you play the "Bad guy" you get to see an interesting side of people that normally does not come out.

lol "bad guy" there is almost no one in the whole world who even knows what being bad means
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Moog - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    lol "bad guy" there is almost no one in the whole world who even knows what being bad means

That's why I put it in quotes. "Badness" is relative to what your moral standings are. But in the society of PWI, rpking is seen as "Bad guy" character.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    That's why I put it in quotes. "Badness" is relative to what your moral standings are. But in the society of PWI, rpking is seen as "Bad guy" character.

correction rpking is seen as being a coward and not haveing skill to take on your own levels
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Mooj has pk'd me beforeb:cry
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Mooj has pk'd me beforeb:cry

its impossible not to die on pwi b:laugh
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    it is to :O make a lvl 1 alt, then retire it before you even log in, therefore it can never die
  • Moog - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    correction rpking is seen as being a coward and not haveing skill to take on your own levels

Not sure if you're implying that rpkers are actually like that or saying that is the stereotype behind rpkers, if its the latter than you are right.

But if you actually do think that look at what rpk actually means, (random player kill) kill everyone regardless of level. Only a few rpkers I know just kill lowbies but thats a topic for another thread.
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    PWI was my first mmo and i did choose a pvp server, why? Because my brother happend to be on that server. Found out when i was 29 at 99% oh hey you should kill that mob (does so and levels to 30) *brother drops squad and pew pew's* :o ooo i died... cool!! Just take the pk and move on with it.

Same with me lol - i was late 2x and damned if i was gonna re-roll and lose the friends i'd made - and anyway it couldnt mean random idiots would just kill yu for no reason - could it?

It did ofc - random idiots everywhere. But i went the other way.. i take the pk, ignore the a$$holes and get on with the game.

And to the poster who says its 'fun to play the bad guy' - thats great if the player you kill wants that sort of 'fun' too. Thats the whole trouble with pkers - they get their 'fun' at the expense of others - and think its 'fun' to steal something that the victim mightve even paid real money for. Its nothing but on-line mugging.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You gain nothing and prove nothing and shows lack of skill.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Killing low-level players is how some fail PKers pad their PvP stats. Sad, but true...

Quoted for the truth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Moog - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Lowbie pkers and rpkers are people inherently evil at birth that kill lowbies to raise their pvp kill count, even though lowbie kills don't raise kill count b:shocked.

They should all burn in hell, the devils!!! b:angry
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    You know the best part... A lot of higher level's dont even target the 3x, the higher level's are in lowbie area's waiting for other higher level's to show up so they can PvP and the lower level's get caught up in all the aoe xD
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Killing lowbies serves the purpose of picking up hours if they're not going to get a shot in back at you and increasing PK stats regardless of whether you can WTFPWN them before they fight back or not.

Aside from that, they gain absolutely nothing. It doesn't show skill to prove you can oneshot a 3x at 10x because any moron could do that with his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back. For that matter if one particular person is repeatedly killing you when you're trying to quest, feel free to send a ticket in an attempt to ban for harassment. It probably won't do anything, but hey, worth a try.

Of course, on the other hand, you are on a PvP server. If you didn't want to get RPK'd, you should have gone PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll ask because today I can barely play because some players keep killing me over and over. I have no money, stones or refined gear, I was collecting herbs, and killing monsters to get more spirit.

So, do they win something, or they just try to show how powerfull they are?

Not even going to read past page one.

I hope this is a troll or you need to go reroll on a pve server kid.

Welcome to PvP.

And they kill you for no other reason than they can CUZ ITS A PVP SERVER.

/thread.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    PWI was my first mmo and i did choose a pvp server, why? Because my brother happend to be on that server. Found out when i was 29 at 99% oh hey you should kill that mob (does so and levels to 30) *brother drops squad and pew pew's* :o ooo i died... cool!! Just take the pk and move on with it.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Also. Seriously, this thread has gotten to the point where I only have one more thing to say. QQ moar. Thats another reason killing lowbies is fun, hearing idiot QQing for the next 15 minutes. Makes me laugh b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    starfever wrote: »
    If there was a warning for pvp servers along the lines of "Beware - server contains immature ppl who get their 'fun' at your expense by killing you as often as they can in the hope that you'll get angry, retaliate, and drop something they can steal" then i'm sure not so many pve-ers would be there.

Think you're still missing the point anyway - which was if everyone anti-pvp on LC rerolled to pve server there'd be hardly anyone left for the rpkers to get red with, and if there were no rpkers there'd be no pkkers, no revenge, no guild wars blah blah ... ad pk nauseum.

Idiot alert.

Most of the forums QQ from KS comes from PvE servers. We don't have people who constantly harass others by following them around KSing them.

If you had any intelligence, you would realize the level of immaturity on all the servers are pretty much the same. Except on PvP servers, people tend to watch their manners, because if they don't they end up being camped and end up having to hide in safe zone to be immature.

On a PvE server, you can be as childish and immature as you want and hide in blue-name status for as long as you want with the only thing that you can do is to submit a ticket and hope it will get answers.

On a PvP server, if you sit there and harass my wifey, like one guy did over and over and over that the GMs would do nothing about, I'll make sure you pay for it every time I see you outside of safe zone like I did them. The harassment stopped. GMs didn't need to do anything. lol

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Also. Seriously, this thread has gotten to the point where I only have one more thing to say. QQ moar. Thats another reason killing lowbies is fun, hearing idiot QQing for the next 15 minutes. Makes me laugh b:cute

Can anyone tell who my brother could possibly be
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    On a PvP server, if you sit there and harass my wifey, like one guy did over and over and over that the GMs would do nothing about, I'll make sure you pay for it every time I see you outside of safe zone like I did them. The harassment stopped. GMs didn't need to do anything. lol

Great bully attitude you show there, but now suppose that guy is a +12 2nd nirvana dag recast, full -int +12 armor sin... like a certain guy over here in RT. Have fun showing him some manners with a fight.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Can anyone tell who my brother could possibly be

b:avoidb:surrender

Great bully attitude you show there, but now suppose that guy is a +12 2nd nirvana dag recast, full -int +12 armor sin... like a certain guy over here in RT. Have fun showing him some manners with a fight.

Thats not that special on LC. Tons of people like that. And yet, manners still get taught.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    When you have people like that... teach em manners through a well thought out squad gank :p
    edited October 2010

Bully? Are you an idiot? My best in-game friend was the one being harassed. So you're calling me a bully for correcting the situation? Really... good job on that logic. So yeah, I'm a bully for PKing and camping the guy that was harassing and stalking a girl on the internet. Just brilliant yet again borsuc.

I call a couple of friends? The guy who was harassing my in-game wifey ended up starting a faction pk war over angler's villiage over it. He ended up leaving her alone after a while.

And, most people who are like major cash shoppers usually have more pressing things to do than harrass people all day. Those types of people are usually wrapped up in their own little worlds.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    another day in the happy happy world of pwi forums xd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Being that they are clerics, they are prone to rub people the wrong way.

Yes I know, vise versa.
  • Norala - Dreamweaver
    Norala - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This is why I only make characters on PVP servers that I want to be PKed. **** this carebear stuff, I want to die!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Idiot alert.

Most of the forums QQ from KS comes from PvE servers. We don't have people who constantly harass others by following them around KSing them.

If you had any intelligence, you would realize the level of immaturity on all the servers are pretty much the same. Except on PvP servers, people tend to watch their manners, because if they don't they end up being camped and end up having to hide in safe zone to be immature.

On a PvE server, you can be as childish and immature as you want and hide in blue-name status for as long as you want with the only thing that you can do is to submit a ticket and hope it will get answers.

You obviously have no idea about the point of this thread. Its not about how good or bad a pker you are or how good or bad pking is on a pvp or pve server. Whether you PKK or whatever, for whatever reason, is just a follow on.

Its about the point of RPKing in the first place, which appears to be for 'fun' at the expense of others. Seems like the only conclusion that can be made is that PKers are just selfish & immature.

As for Susamaji, Loves Tragedy and other RPKers posting their comments on this thread...who cares? Nobody cares what you think anyway. The fact that youre disagreeing with the OP's question and others' comments only proves the original point.
    edited October 2010
    starfever wrote: »
    You obviously have no idea about the point of this thread. Its not about how good or bad a pker you are or how good or bad pking is on a pvp or pve server. Whether you PKK or whatever, for whatever reason, is just a follow on.

Its about the point of RPKing in the first place, which appears to be for 'fun' at the expense of others. Seems like the only conclusion that can be made is that PKers are just selfish & immature.

Apparently you have no idea about the thread or whatever point you think you have.

Sure, some people who RPK are indeed childish and immature. Many people who don't RPK are childish and immature too, so nice simpleton theory you got there. Many people who RPK aren't selfish or immature either. Oh look at that, your blanket generalization of a theory just sank.

PvP isn't an afterthought of the game, it's a primary design of it. Even look at your Core Connect profile... do you see a mob or boss kill counter? No, you don't. You see a PvP kill counter.

Just because you don't win or you don't like it doesn't make it selfish and immature. RPK is just that. I never really have RPK'd on this char, but I have on my veno. And one thing about it, I don't stop and check to see what your gear looks like, I won't whisper and ask you, 'is it ok if I pk you', it's called random player killing for a reason. I usually do this on my veno's world quest. Any green dot on my T gets attacked, even if I die. So what.

Again, what you're stating has nothing to do with the original point in this thread. The thread was started on the premise that camping a lowbie will offer a high level no monetary gain. It's true, neither does it offer any real challenge.

So before you point the 'you don't know what you're talking about finger', you should actually know what you're talking about when you do it, because you end up looking... yeah.

As for Susamaji, Loves Tragedy and other RPKers posting their comments on this thread...who cares? Nobody cares what you think anyway. The fact that youre disagreeing with the OP's question and others' comments only proves the original point.

LOL... way to blow off the comments and opinions of those that actually have or do RPK. You'd think that people that actually do and are willing to comment on it have some good counter-perspective on the whole situation, but of course not, you're just being a closed minded fool.

• violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Get a notebook and keep it by your desk when you play. When someone pk's you write down the name, faction, and any other info you may think is relevant.

Later on when they ask for buffs look at your list. If name is on the list nope no buffs

When asking for res.... Name on list.... Nope no res

Much later on.. When doing bh's tt's, fc's... People will call for team... If someone is on that list from your team... Nope won't help... As a cleric your a higher commodity than they are.

Just sayin lol

If for no other reason than just for general record keeping, I keep a list of people like that too. I also SS it. For the most part, I have actually not really needed to use my list for more than to just give a general history of what happened. But anyway the main reason for my responding is this story of what happened to me on my cleric.

I died while making a noob mistake during a quest killing creatures sometime in my early level 50's. So just as I get back to my spot, a psychic just one shots me. Anyway, I put his name and faction on my list and took the screenshot. That was a couple weeks back. One day I see that same guy standing in the middle of Archosaur where the Head Hunter NPC is. However, I notice he is now in a new faction. So I make a note of that on my list.

A couple days ago, my factionmate asks if any cleric in the faction is available to help with bosses for bh59 because their cleric had to leave. I was only level 68 but I had helped with bh59 bosses before and it was my factionmate asking for help so of course I responded. ^^ Turns out that the tank in that squad was in the same new faction as that pker was. While on my way there,; he mentions that he is pretty much his own faction, namely most of the members are just alts of his. So I mention the story of his factionmate that pked me before, not that I had some huge grudge against him. Turns out it was the same guy and that the psychic was another one of his alts. xD Amazed that I remembered all this, he starts apologizing a lot. (I guess they needed a cleric really bad o.o' ) I was not going to leave anyway since I was there to help my factionmate. ^^ Actually it is pretty rare that I see someone again that pked me like that. I think it has happened only maybe three or so times. fOo

On the other hand, another interesting story is one day this player "has fun" pking my questing buddies and I. Yea, not fun times. =S Anyway, a few days ago, I needed help killing a boss on my alt wizard. So I ask around but had to resort to asking players in the middle of Archosaur for help. And as luck would have it, I got a high level to spare a few minutes to help a low level. ^^; As we go our separate ways, I finally figure out why the player's name seemed so familiar. I check my list to confirm, an voila! Turns out that that same player responds to help me out. ^^;

Anyway, just shared because I thought it was interesting.
    edited October 2010
    If for no other reason than just for general record keeping, I keep a list of people like that too. I also SS it. For the most part, I have actually not really needed to use my list for more than to just give a general history of what happened. But anyway the main reason for my responding is this story of what happened to me on my cleric.

I died while making a noob mistake during a quest killing creatures sometime in my early level 50's. So just as I get back to my spot, a psychic just one shots me. Anyway, I put his name and faction on my list and took the screenshot. That was a couple weeks back. One day I see that same guy standing in the middle of Archosaur where the Head Hunter NPC is. However, I notice he is now in a new faction. So I make a note of that on my list.

A couple days ago, my factionmate asks if any cleric in the faction is available to help with bosses for bh59 because their cleric had to leave. I was only level 68 but I had helped with bh59 bosses before and it was my factionmate asking for help so of course I responded. ^^ Turns out that the tank in that squad was in the same new faction as that pker was. While on my way there,; he mentions that he is pretty much his own faction, namely most of the members are just alts of his. So I mention the story of his factionmate that pked me before, not that I had some huge grudge against him. Turns out it was the same guy and that the psychic was another one of his alts. xD Amazed that I remembered all this, he starts apologizing a lot. (I guess they needed a cleric really bad o.o' ) I was not going to leave anyway since I was there to help my factionmate. ^^ Actually it is pretty rare that I see someone again that pked me like that. I think it has happened only maybe three or so times. fOo

On the other hand, another interesting story is one day this player "has fun" pking my questing buddies and I. Yea, not fun times. =S Anyway, a few days ago, I needed help killing a boss on my alt wizard. So I ask around but had to resort to asking players in the middle of Archosaur for help. And as luck would have it, I got a high level to spare a few minutes to help a low level. ^^; As we go our separate ways, I finally figure out why the player's name seemed so familiar. I check my list to confirm, an voila! Turns out that that same player responds to help me out. ^^;

Anyway, just shared because I thought it was interesting.

Good post.
This discussion has been closed.