I'm curious, what players gain by killing low level clerics?

124»

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So I mention the story of his factionmate that pked me before, not that I had some huge grudge against him. Turns out it was the same guy and that the psychic was another one of his alts. xD Amazed that I remembered all this, he starts apologizing a lot. (I guess they needed a cleric really bad o.o' ) I was not going to leave anyway since I was there to help my factionmate. ^^ Actually it is pretty rare that I see someone again that pked me like that. I think it has happened only maybe three or so times. fOo

I remember getting killed by some 8x archer with nice gears several times and now, after one FCC we did together, I don't think he's going to kill me again.

And me and my friends got spam killed by two sins yesterday, we being 80-90 and them being 90-100 but I don't want an apology from them; they didn't trash talk and it was fun trying to kill them even though they won us every time.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • sodaras
    sodaras Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i would say they all get a boner b:shocked
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Apparently you have no idea about the thread or whatever point you think you have.

Sure, some people who RPK are indeed childish and immature. Many people who don't RPK are childish and immature too, so nice simpleton theory you got there. Many people who RPK aren't selfish or immature either. Oh look at that, your blanket generalization of a theory just sank.

PvP isn't an afterthought of the game, it's a primary design of it. Even look at your Core Connect profile... do you see a mob or boss kill counter? No, you don't. You see a PvP kill counter.

Just because you don't win or you don't like it doesn't make it selfish and immature. RPK is just that. I never really have RPK'd on this char, but I have on my veno. And one thing about it, I don't stop and check to see what your gear looks like, I won't whisper and ask you, 'is it ok if I pk you', it's called random player killing for a reason. I usually do this on my veno's world quest. Any green dot on my T gets attacked, even if I die. So what.

Again, what you're stating has nothing to do with the original point in this thread. The thread was started on the premise that camping a lowbie will offer a high level no monetary gain. It's true, neither does it offer any real challenge.

So before you point the 'you don't know what you're talking about finger', you should actually know what you're talking about when you do it, because you end up looking... yeah.

LOL... way to blow off the comments and opinions of those that actually have or do RPK. You'd think that people that actually do and are willing to comment on it have some good counter-perspective on the whole situation, but of course not, you're just being a closed minded fool.

b:bye

No Mr Dark - the question is "what do players gain from killing low-level clerics?" ...

As theres not a lot to steal from a low-level (unless theyre cash-shoppers ofc in which case the online mugger is in for a treat), the question obviously moves to "why do ppl kill low-levels anyway?".

Apparently it is for the RPKers 'fun' with no thought at all of whether the victim wants to join in with tis 'fun'. This in turn can only lead to opinions being given of the RPKers as selfish and immature - which btw is not MY blanket generalisation, but every non-pker.

i love your 'Many people who RPK aren't selfish or immature either' too - how do you reach that opinion? i would guess you're either one or the other or both to even say that b:chuckle

As for Susamaji - he said himself he hadnt even read the thread so his comment is worthless.

Oh and btw - if pvp is soooo popular how come there are 5 pve servers yet only 2 for the idiots?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    starfever wrote: »
    No Mr Dark - the question is "what do players gain from killing low-level clerics?" ...

Wow, you're an idiot.

Paraphrased:
    The thread was started on the premise that camping a lowbie will offer a high level no monetary gain.

dot dot dot

As theres not a lot to steal from a low-level (unless theyre cash-shoppers ofc in which case the online mugger is in for a treat), the question obviously moves to "why do ppl kill low-levels anyway?".

Don't be stupid, there are a number of ways that a low level player can be farmed for drops.

Apparently it is for the RPKers 'fun' with no thought at all of whether the victim wants to join in with tis 'fun'. This in turn can only lead to opinions being given of the RPKers as selfish and immature - which btw is not MY blanket generalisation, but every non-pker.

Regardless, it's a blanket generalization. Read this post for a little more insight.

i love your 'Many people who RPK aren't selfish or immature either' too - how do you reach that opinion? i would guess you're either one or the other or both to even say that b:chuckle

From common sense you appear to severely lack.

Oh and btw - if pvp is soooo popular how come there are 5 pve servers yet only 2 for the idiots?

Worthless troll is worthless. If I have to explain this to you, you're truly more stupid than I imagine.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • starfever
    edited October 2010

paraphrased:

<abuse..abuse..and more abuse>

As youre sig says, youre an 'arrogant jerk' - so i'll believe you and leave it there b:victory
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2010

i just lol'd...
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As youre sig says, youre an 'arrogant jerk' - so i'll believe you and leave it there b:victory
    And yet, his logic is sound.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • starfever
    edited October 2010
    i just lol'd...

Lol all yu like but its true b:pleased
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    sodaras wrote: »
    i would say they all get a boner b:shocked

Let's hope this is not the case... O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And today's lesson in General Human Behavior: Sometimes humans do stuff without a tangible, profitable motive. That is, "for the lulz", or "for the evulz".
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's pretty funny. I can see myself more than a year ago as one of you guys basically saying that rpkers only rpk because they are plain *******s irl.

But it's pretty different once you start doing it, how about broadening your horizons and stepping in another persons shoes. I've found that once you rpk people than their "real" personality comes out and it's not just the "immature rpker" that is the *******.
  • Darkangelbri - Lost City
    Darkangelbri - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well stated Moogles and Michael_Dark !

On topic:

I'm known as one of the biggest carebear veno's on "Lost City". I however had a brief rpk spree and found it rather fun. (Don't bother looking up my kill totals on Core Connect it's one of the many bugged pages)

I'm selective with those I choose to rpk. It also depends on my mood as well. I don't rpk all the time. For the most part I'm almost always white named. In my case anyone say 60+ is fair game when I do choose to rpk. I win I win. I loose I loose. It's not like I don't carry dolls.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I had exactly the same problem in PW-MY because both servers were PvP and I just didn't have a choice. It was horrible because I had to spend a TON of RL money for replacement dolls and revive scrolls... since I didn't want to drop a mount or wings that cost $57835785. >< I would suggest starting over on a PvE server, you will no longer have to deal with people with ****ed up lives. b:victoryb:victory You are around 30 so it will be fairly easy to reroll. ^^
    edited October 2010
    But it's pretty different once you start doing it, how about broadening your horizons and stepping in another persons shoes. I've found that once you rpk people than their "real" personality comes out and it's not just the "immature rpker" that is the *******.

Yeah, whenever I went to RPK on my veno, I wasn't sitting there with a half dozen empty Red Bulls, bouncing up and down on my chair giggling like a mad schoolgirl yelling at the top of my lungs "OMG I'M SO GUNNA PZWNERS J00 ALL"... while slamming my fists against my keyboard in a frenzied childish rage.... but that's what all the people like to portray RPKers as, and it's just stupid.

When I go on my veno to RPK, it's usually on world quest now. I see a green dot on my minimap, hit T, target them and procede to attack. I don't check gear or level, and if I see two or three people I move in to kill them all. I sit there calmly, quietly, just click attack... nothing immature or childish about it, just playing the game and killing people, just because I can. Sure, the QQ is sometimes fun, but usually on a WQ you kill someone who will endlessly message you with "I'm gonna find you and kill you" or "*insert nasty qqqqq here*". That's worth a good laugh. Mostly the people who get killed act immaturely. To those that just ask, I just say "you're a green dot on my map, that's all". Pretty much sums it up.

One day, I was heading up to vol 25 from the alter in the swamps after killing a half dozen or so people... a few came back, we had a group of 4 of us that were hunting the swamps, but it had died down so I went to finish my WQ.

I fly up to this one 5x/6x killing mobs outside of vol25 by the lake, and I attack and they die. So I get this whisper "oh so you like to kill nubs" which I summarily ignored, when they said "oh would you like it if I brought my main here and pk'd you?" and I laughed hard, because how many times have you heard that one? So I said, "bring it on" and waited, a few seconds later a well-known 10x mage named Wadzio came over and attacked, and all 4 of us killed him several times until he could split us up and **** us. It was so freaking hilarious, and a lot of fun... then I told my guildies he was there and wanting more PK, so a couple of my friends show up. All of a sudden, he dies a few times then asks for a 1v1. So my friend Almon gos up against him, uncharmed and wins. It was pretty epic. I'm sure we all had a lot of fun, even Wadzio, who was sitting there.... no real hard feelings, it's just PK.

People really need to go there to understand. It's easy to make generalizations about things you don't know about. Once you go there, you find your viewpoint often may change.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, whenever I went to RPK on my veno, I wasn't sitting there with a half dozen empty Red Bulls, bouncing up and down on my chair giggling like a mad schoolgirl yelling at the top of my lungs "OMG I'M SO GUNNA PZWNERS J00 ALL"... while slamming my fists against my keyboard in a frenzied childish rage.... but that's what all the people like to portray RPKers as, and it's just stupid.

When I go on my veno to RPK, it's usually on world quest now. I see a green dot on my minimap, hit T, target them and procede to attack. I don't check gear or level, and if I see two or three people I move in to kill them all. I sit there calmly, quietly, just click attack... nothing immature or childish about it, just playing the game and killing people, just because I can. Sure, the QQ is sometimes fun, but usually on a WQ you kill someone who will endlessly message you with "I'm gonna find you and kill you" or "*insert nasty qqqqq here*". That's worth a good laugh. Mostly the people who get killed act immaturely. To those that just ask, I just say "you're a green dot on my map, that's all". Pretty much sums it up.

One day, I was heading up to vol 25 from the alter in the swamps after killing a half dozen or so people... a few came back, we had a group of 4 of us that were hunting the swamps, but it had died down so I went to finish my WQ.

I fly up to this one 5x/6x killing mobs outside of vol25 by the lake, and I attack and they die. So I get this whisper "oh so you like to kill nubs" which I summarily ignored, when they said "oh would you like it if I brought my main here and pk'd you?" and I laughed hard, because how many times have you heard that one? So I said, "bring it on" and waited, a few seconds later a well-known 10x mage named Wadzio came over and attacked, and all 4 of us killed him several times until he could split us up and **** us. It was so freaking hilarious, and a lot of fun... then I told my guildies he was there and wanting more PK, so a couple of my friends show up. All of a sudden, he dies a few times then asks for a 1v1. So my friend Almon gos up against him, uncharmed and wins. It was pretty epic. I'm sure we all had a lot of fun, even Wadzio, who was sitting there.... no real hard feelings, it's just PK.

People really need to go there to understand. It's easy to make generalizations about things you don't know about. Once you go there, you find your viewpoint often may change.
    This..........

All I can say though is, if you don't like being pked, you should reroll on a pve server. This is a game, and everyone has their own way of enjoying it. For some, the challenge of killing a player makes the game worth it. For others, killing lower level players is fun. Some like playing the "good guy" and pkking. It's all a way to enjoy the game, and if you don't like being killed by other players, you should reroll on a pve server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited October 2010
    This..........

All I can say though is, if you don't like being pked, you should reroll on a pve server. This is a game, and everyone has their own way of enjoying it. For some, the challenge of killing a player makes the game worth it. For others, killing lower level players is fun. Some like playing the "good guy" and pkking. It's all a way to enjoy the game, and if you don't like being killed by other players, you should reroll on a pve server.

I always played FPS games, so I was always used to kill or be killed... a friend convinced me to start playing and they were already here, but I'm glad it was a PvP server. At least if people, or your own self for that matter, decides to be immature or talk a lot of ****, you actually have to back it up instead of being able to perma-hide in blue name status.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2010

This. Its sad when people have to get ridiculed for playing a simple game, people have the right (since there are not many rules for pking) to kill whoever they feel like, if they wanna go ahead and be a 100+ player killing fresh lv 30's, fine (unless their doing a quest, or if they dont "grief" them). I really dont see a problem with anykind of pking, pking is pking, RPK or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    no real hard feelings, it's just PK.

While the whole post was good (and pretty funny b:laugh), this part right here is basically it. It's just pk. Nothing more. I dont have a great rl fear of white tigers and disappearing fish that I feel the need to kill barbs or sins. I dont hate "good" people so I hunt clerics. etc, so on and so on. It's pk. I think its funny when people hold grudges for someone killing them. Get on with your life and enjoy the game. Cause thats all that I'm doing when I try to start PvP wars by hunting everything I see.

And as for being selfish and immature or whatever else rpkers are generalized as, I am far from either. I dont trash talk, especially when I kill a lower level, I dont camp the same person (heck, if I remember a name as someone I killed before, I either fly over them or buff them), I dont stroke my e-peen with every kill. It's just having fun with a feature of the game.

And again, you dont like it, reroll on a PvE server b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2010

QFT.

Also, I get a kick out of knowing somewhere, some person is sitting at their computer and my name pops up on their chat log b:pleased
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • NekoNails - Lost City
    NekoNails - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i talked on the chat thing with a pwi tech person. i asked if they can do a server change and they said "we do not have the mechanics for a server change" i think that really sucks because i spent real money on this char so if i want to not get pked i just gotta let everything i achieved go down the drain. i think its dumb but i am always gonna stay white. i am not gonna pk anyone untill i get to 100 and i see ppl pk lowbies. i think its realy unfiar to the ppl that didnt understand what pvp means. i didnt know when i started i just like to do my thing quest and try to farm. is there any anti pk guild i can join that has very active high lvl ppl? i dont care if you think i'm a wuss i'm not gonna fight anyone. i just run away as fast as i can. so if you see me red named ppl i hate, i will be running away!

aaaahhhh please dont kill me!!!!!
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol necro.

How could you not understand what PvP means?

And don't you think that you should like, look into that before you choose a server?

"Hmm.... PvP or PvE..... I dunno what those mean, but ima pick PvP"
    bug.jpg 97.8K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Traumacyde - Harshlands
    Traumacyde - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yep, then you play the game till 100 and realize there is not much more left but pvp endgame. Then you get bored because pvp on a pve server is ten times more childish and boring than on a pvp server... Well, and then you reroll... b:bye

LoL this is funny because i also started on Dreamweaver and then rerolled to pvp for the exact reason. I had my pve life crisis at lvl 89 when i realised that i was wasting time on pve when i enjoy pvping in general. Orchid temple pk is just... sad and almost unrealistic. ( pve pkers will probably be mad for me saying that b:chuckle )
  • King_Barb - Heavens Tear
    King_Barb - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Killing lowbies gives people this nice feeling inside, kinda almost a sadistic feeling O_o
    But when u kill them, then hear them rage about how they will get their whole faction on you....and the best noobs to kill are the ones that cant speak english well! lol
    non-english speaking noob: I GIT MI HOUL LEGUN KIL YOU NOW!! YU SUCHH CHECKEN!!! NOBB!!
    lmao Priceless b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MMMMMMM......You Taste Like Noob >:)
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't really pvp, I just hate the look of the blue name. ._.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
This discussion has been closed.