The History of HT (A Discussion)

12346»

Comments

• X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I joined when the boa was 1st on sale (Halloween 08?) so u could say I'm 1st gen. But i didn't know a cash shop existed til I was in my late 40s, or auction house til 50s, so do I count?

Muppets faction FTW - I remember when we put TE in their place @ orchid temple in pk b:victory then some of their heavy pkers turned up and showed us what for b:bye

*Strolls down memory lane*

Defected was the pker of the time

*Strolls further*

People were actually kind - I got given a gold hp charm :)

*Strolls back to sleep*

b:bye
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Speaking of which, did anyone mention *all* the major guilds back then were lead by girls?

Hong?
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hong?

She was quite the tomboy you know. She had mostly everyone fooled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    She was quite the tomboy you know. She had mostly everyone fooled.

Damn, no wonder Hong looked so sexy in short shorts.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hong?

I guess a bit before RoC swallowed up Ely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • FiveAlive - Heavens Tear
    FiveAlive - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LonelyMoon, Phong, and I. Spider Zhen, Hell/heaven Zhen hoggers.

Doing RB Delta at lv 90 as a wizzie without genie. Oh and XShadowBlade <3.
  • ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I started playing during generation 1. It was so much harder to level back then and just over all was so much fun!! Zhenning and Aoe grinding was the best!! I quit about a month after the raging tides hit. That honestly broke the whole game for me. PWE and their greed ruined the game. But, all great things can't last forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LonelyMoon, Phong, and I. Spider Zhen, Hell/heaven Zhen hoggers.

Doing RB Delta at lv 90 as a wizzie without genie. Oh and XShadowBlade <3.
    It's actually pretty not that hard to do an rb as a wiz without a genie. It just requires a lot less afk time and some few cells in one's brain to figure out when a good time to drop db is (or to be able to WOP/spark to intervene on dmg, or use apoth), which would be pretty frequently without alpha male.

Even though I've only played now for a year and a few months I remember when rebirth used to take for friggen ever to finish, and being on the verge of the destroyer arriving often at the later waves since people weren't so suped up on cash shop gear.

Lame, I think I just got nostalgic there.. b:shutup
  • XxXAubreyXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXAubreyXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Gen 1 b:kiss
    XxXAubreyXxX-100 Sage BM-Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    End of G1 but way before G2.

What I miss....well I miss the old times d'oh when the game was actually so much fun. And you could either level casually with m8's while doing stupid things (hey Mr.WorldBoss) or excessive grinding to catch up on levels with other peeps and make some coinssss.

I really think if PWi restred it self that it would be the next best thing xD
    b:dirty
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    G9 - beginning of a new era.. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Gyonax - Heavens Tear
    Gyonax - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Three accomplishments that I am really proud of:

1. Be part of the first squad to set foot inside Unicorn Forest after beating the third boss in Delta. The rest of the squad are: Sheswes b:chuckle, Yasamineb:chuckle, Vivi, pinokio, Torm.

2. Be the first squad to complete Delta. The rest of the squad are: Ascension, Plazmastrike, Torm, thehate, Marin.

3. Farmed every single cog for my 1st and 2nd cube neckie.

And one more just for fun, not sure if it's entirely true:

Be the person who introduced "the way", after reading it in the CN forums, to kill the Metal boss in Warsong. The rest of the squad are: Mystic-Night, SAQER, Gale, Eganeil, Wildriver. Of course it's not necessary to do it that way now, but back then it made the most difficult BH doable.
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Three accomplishments that I am really proud of:

1. Be part of the first squad to set foot inside Unicorn Forest after beating the third boss in Delta. The rest of the squad are: Sheswes b:chuckle, Yasamineb:chuckle, Vivi, pinokio, Torm.

2. Be the first squad to complete Delta. The rest of the squad are: Ascension, Plazmastrike, Torm, thehate, Marin.

3. Farmed every single cog for my 1st and 2nd cube neckie.

And one more just for fun, not sure if it's entirely true:

Be the person who introduced "the way", after reading it in the CN forums, to kill the Metal boss in Warsong. The rest of the squad are: Mystic-Night, SAQER, Gale, Eganeil, Wildriver. Of course it's not necessary to do it that way now, but back then it made the most difficult BH doable.

G1...missed my cute little 2yr outfit by a week QQ

honestly its stuff like Gyonax's post that i miss the most. seeing people EARNING their bragging rights for stuff. First to do this or that. Best pvp fights/TWs, etc. Thats what I always enjoyed. Having someone to look up to and strive to be like, or 1 up. Friendly and unfriendly competition between players. Where is the real competition? Who are the REAL top players of their class? *sigh* conversations that no longer really matter, unfortunately...
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Most top players let their wallets speak for them now. b:victoryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    G1...missed my cute little 2yr outfit by a week QQ

don't worry it will be in cashshop soon b:laugh
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Heh..Gyo I remember that..was actually quite fun.

Though I remember being in the first squad on HT at least, to kill the metal boss the normal way..unfortunately the only people I remember trying/being a part of it were terrabyte and MelanieXavi b:sad
  • Rul - Heavens Tear
    Rul - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Generation 1: The "old" players that have been in the game since the beginning and had to grind (or zhen & fish) for their current levels and rank/gear. They are the ones who got to experience PWI before it became cash shopped based to survive.

Lmao!! Im 1st generation, I played in malaysa server like 2 years before PWI was launched, but when I heard that there would be an "International version" I came to PWI, was not dissapointed, it was a very friendly game, with alot of friendly people.
    Gold>>90- 100 K
    Old Guild Pk days
    People struggling to do their FBs
    Diverse TW Map b:pleased
    Good times and fun times lol.

Now its all like
    Gold>>400k or +
    Guild Pk doesnt exists
    FBs..... lol?
    Total TW anarchy b:shutup

Lol great times :,)
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    don't worry it will be in cashshop soon b:laugh

a girl can hope b:chuckle
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Divinie - Heavens Tear
    Divinie - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Downloaded PWI, August 26th, 2008. So I'm definitely G1 =) Took me forever to customize my cleric...then I had to utterly fail at spelling Divine lol. Remember going LA to HA and having dual swords equipped lol. I brought fail back then to a whole new definition. To top it all off, I couldn't figure out why I was dying all the time. Took a break and went back to the game I had played before, did that a few times in the past two years. Hmm if I hadnt I would probably be lvl 100 by now =P

I remember when TTs were more profitable. Gold was 100k or less. QQing when they went to 200 to 300k lol. Now look at the prices. All said I still like PW alot. The memories from the first year are the best. Seeing some of the old faces still playing makes me smile.
    edited September 2010
    Everything changed with the Anniversary packs.. The rich got way stronger, the poor.. well they got worse.. Gold prices skyrocketed and all that once was some kind of economy collapsed...
    The packs is nice in some ways cause the tokens are useful and a lot of nice stuff can be bought, but then again.. it was a huge disturbance in the force and more or less ruined the gameplay from fun to "fun-if-you-got-the-money."
    Sadly thats how it turned out and now the economy is based on those packs making gold never less then 400k..
    Its like everyone says, it was always better before b:laugh
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    inb4irememberbackwhen...oh damnit
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Everything changed with the Anniversary packs.. The rich got way stronger, the poor.. well they got worse.. Gold prices skyrocketed and all that once was some kind of economy collapsed...
    The packs is nice in some ways cause the tokens are useful and a lot of nice stuff can be bought, but then again.. it was a huge disturbance in the force and more or less ruined the gameplay from fun to "fun-if-you-got-the-money."
    Sadly thats how it turned out and now the economy is based on those packs making gold never less then 400k..
    Its like everyone says, it was always better before b:laugh

Watch your back this weekend.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

LOL... bring it on b:victory