Highest DPS across all classes

MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Theres been many threads about how OP the sins are and my own (limited) experience is that my psychic is the highest DPS that I have by a mile (I have played everything except a bm or a herc veno)

In WC today someone was asking for 2 bm's for FC 95+. I asked why and she said bm's are highest DPS by far.

What happens to sins and psychics at those levels. How do the bm's still maintain the highest DPS?

Thanks for any thoughts cause I might roll one....
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Theres been many threads about how OP the sins are and my own (limited) experience is that my psychic is the highest DPS that I have by a mile (I have played everything except a bm or a herc veno)

In WC today someone was asking for 2 bm's for FC 95+. I asked why and she said bm's are highest DPS by far.

What happens to sins and psychics at those levels. How do the bm's still maintain the highest DPS?

Thanks for any thoughts cause I might roll one....

They don't 5.0 sin > all.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I should clarify that my sin is only level 54 which is still as squishy as custard, so I'v yet to experience any OP'ness about them at all.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I should clarify that my sin is only level 54 which is still as squishy as custard, so I'v yet to experience any OP'ness about them at all.

A well geared 5.0 sin is about 2 5.0 BMs. The main problem with a 5.0 sin would be they cost MUCH more to get to 5.0 them a BM or Archer.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    undoubtedly interval demon sin has highest dps in game
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    DPS means how much damage you can dish out per second. Casters like Psys can't compare with BMs/Sins in DPS. They are more DPH (damage per hit) oriented.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    An interval sin can easily out DD a psychic. A full interval sin vs. bm depends more on weapon choice and refinement; is the bm using deicide or striking dragon?

That being said, I would probably take a bm in FC over any other DD, simply because they have great aoes, stuns, etc. Their damage output is at the very least comparable to that of a sin, but when you're talking about groups of mobs, it's not even close.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Fury warriors with Shadowmourne pull top DPS.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    An interval sin can easily out DD a psychic. A full interval sin vs. bm depends more on weapon choice and refinement; is the bm using deicide or striking dragon?

That being said, I would probably take a bm in FC over any other DD, simply because they have great aoes, stuns, etc. Their damage output is at the very least comparable to that of a sin, but when you're talking about groups of mobs, it's not even close.

I bet you a 5.0 sin with +5 2 flawless garnet nirvie daggers can out DD a 5.0 BM +12 striking dragon with 2 drakeflames.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I bet you a 5.0 sin with +5 2 flawless garnet nirvie daggers can out DD a 5.0 BM +12 striking dragon with 2 drakeflames.

Well, the example the OP gave was someone advertising for two BMs for fc, so that's kind of what I had in mind when comparing them. Also, unless I missed something...

Sin w/ +5 nirvy daggers: http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8343479eec97b4a6

BM w/ +12 dragon: http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7a2d7649b5fd1b24

But I understand what you're saying; sins can be full dex build with higher crits, while fists have an awkward stat requirement that doesn't allow a "pure" build.

Edit: just read my first post and I worded it terribly. My bad.
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    A well geared 5.0 sin is about 2 5.0 BMs.
    Not quite, the difference is big but it's not nearly double.

I bet you not.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol... you dont compare dps by just looking at weapon
    a pure dex sin can get like 35% crit, not counting that you can get more. after that you have skills for critical strike and attack lvl... counting that the sin know what to do
    also in your example there is no similar aps because you... nvm
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Well, the example the OP gave was someone advertising for two BMs for fc, so that's kind of what I had in mind when comparing them. Also, unless I missed something...

Sin w/ +5 nirvy daggers: http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8343479eec97b4a6

BM w/ +12 dragon: http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7a2d7649b5fd1b24

But I understand what you're saying; sins can be full dex build with higher crits, while fists have an awkward stat requirement that doesn't allow a "pure" build.

Edit: just read my first post and I worded it terribly. My bad.

Demon wolf emblem look it up. Also our water damage 79 skill. :)
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Zerhee - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    lol... you dont compare dps by just looking at weapon
    a pure dex sin can get like 35% crit, not counting that you can get more. after that you have skills for critical strike and attack lvl... counting that the sin know what to do
    also in your example there is no similar aps because you... nvm

Yes and you're not counting the WR's gear cause? Ok, take full gears and tell me how exactly the sin has better constant dps.

SIN/WR
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    edited September 2010
    lol what the heck is with that robe ?
  • kenlee
    edited September 2010
    Yes and you're not counting the WR's gear cause? Ok, take full gears and tell me how exactly the sin has better constant dps.

SIN/WR
    nice try but while you used demon fist mastery on wr there is no demon dagger devotion for sins in pwcalc, which gives you more atk and like 2% crit
    then its the above mentioned skill that you can use. but in your pure stupid example yes its 20% less dps for sin
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010

SIN/WR

I just said it wolf emblem and our water skill cannot be touched even with BMs HF.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Zerhee - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    nice try but while you used demon fist mastery on wr there is no demon dagger devotion for sins, which gives you more atk and like 2% crit
    then its the above mentioned skill that you can use
    Rofl I didn't even notice. Put it at lv10 and see what difference it makes. And it's 1%, shows how much you really know.
    lol what the heck is with that robe ?
    That's 8jun top.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    dont forget blood frenzy and blood paint along with our self healing skills as demon along with demon rib strike.

a good 5APS sin is practically immortal from anything short of a one hit. and even a one hit is negated because of Deaden nervs.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Ok, I actually put a lunar cape on the sin (stupid calculator lag), and figured out DPS for each one, sparked. The BM came out to 101,598; I got this by adding min+max damage and diving by 2, then multiply by 1.23 for crit, and again by 5 for aps.

Wolf emblem operates as a function of your character's critical hit; for 35%, demon wolf emblem gives about 10% overall increase to damage. Using the same method as for the BM, but then multiplying again by 1.1 for wolf emblem, the sin only came out to 85,034.

Now, obviously those are both huge numbers, and anyone who can afford the sin's other gear can get that weapon to at least +10 w/ 2 gems, which would push it over. But I'm just sayin...
  • kenlee
    edited September 2010
    Rofl I didn't even notice. Put it at lv10 and see what difference it makes. And it's 1%, shows how much you really know.

That's 8jun top.
    "When attacking using daggers, critical damage chance is increased by 2%. "
    should i give you a print screen? lolz
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Ok, I actually put a lunar cape on the sin (stupid calculator lag), and figured out DPS for each one, sparked. The BM came out to 101,598; I got this by adding min+max damage and diving by 2, then multiply by 1.23 for crit, and again by 5 for aps.

Wolf emblem operates as a function of your character's critical hit; for 35%, demon wolf emblem gives about 10% overall increase to damage. Using the same method as for the BM, but then multiplying again by 1.1 for wolf emblem, the sin only came out to 85,034.

Now, obviously those are both huge numbers, and anyone who can afford the sin's other gear can get that weapon to at least +10 w/ 2 gems, which would push it over. But I'm just sayin...

If you'd like to come to dreamweaver and see our 4.0 +5 nirvana weap sin keep pulling aggro from our +10 decide BM feel free. Sins will destroy any BM even without similar refines. BMs in no way shape or form can make up for 40% extra crit damage.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I originally put the level 1 robe on the sin by mistake, I'm on wireless and laggy. Also, who actually says stuff like "8jun" and calls blademasters WRs...
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    it also increases attack by 75%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    I just said it wolf emblem and our water skill cannot be touched even with BMs HF.

Are you trying to imply that those 2 alone would give you the edge on a WR hitting at your same rate with 5k more Patk? Not counting all the hits you lose by actually casting them. Please.

I'm not saying sins' dps doesn't destroy warriors' by a long shot, I'm just saying that your comparison was just very exaggerated.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    edited September 2010
    I originally put the level 1 robe on the sin by mistake, I'm on wireless and laggy. Also, who actually says stuff like "8jun" and calls blademasters WRs...
    - yes, its actually pwcalc fault
    - people that played for years on stupid pw-my and like a month on pwi... since they cant adapt to new servers
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Traz while we're on the topic, could you actually explain what the 79 skill does? The description is very strange. If it's as good as you seem to think it is, that's probably why I'm not seeing it...
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    edited September 2010

I thought you were talking about Fist Mastery since that was the one I put on. My bad, it's 7 AM.b:surrender
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Are you trying to imply that those 2 alone would give you the edge on a WR hitting at your same rate with 5k more Patk? Not counting all the hits you lose by actually casting them. Please.

I'm not saying sins' dps doesn't destroy warriors' by a long shot, I'm just saying that your comparison was just very exaggerated.

I don't need to exaggerate I've SEEN it. Wolf emblem is cast before the battle same with water damage as opening hit then spark...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Traz while we're on the topic, could you actually explain what the 79 skill does? The description is very strange. If it's as good as you seem to think it is, that's probably why I'm not seeing it...
    79 water skill is pretty much a frost arrow combined with wizzy frost blade for 10 seconds. its a crappy skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    If it does what Traz says, it's not a crappy skill at all. It's insane. Now I want to know what it does b:cry
This discussion has been closed.