State of the Game - DQ Price

Comments

• Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    thumbs wrote: »
    Typical loot results:

http://yfrog.com/mi20100820204516p

DQ is so rare and amounts to very little of actual loot.
    • If DQ nerf was an issue, why are people leaving coin laying around?
    • If DQ nerf was an issue, why do people not pick up coin left laying around?
    • +30 atk level = far more profit per effort from grinding than DQ nerf did away with
    • There are many other ways to make coin than DQ
    • DQ can be sold for more than NPC and can be used for dragon quests

DQ nerfing is a non issue. Go back to playing the game and ignoring the bugs.

b:shutup Dq items was actually my biggest source of income. I could go grind mobs and make an easy 100k an hour or more and id make more money doing this on my barb grinding than doing TT with my herc on my veno, cause all of the x2 drop rates screwed up TT making it more time consuming to solo and set up shop for 3 days to sell the items from 3 runs than just grinding for a few hours and having enough coins for dailies for a week or more.

I know how to merchant i used to do it all the time back when TT mats actually sold for something only way to make real money on doing TT is with gold mats from 3-2 3-3 and the gold mats for HH90 gold sleeves other than that ur better off grinding in my opinion ur guarenteed to make money and not having to worry about someone setting up shop 3 ft from u lowballing u for 50k or more on every mat making ur stuff near impossible to sell.

unless u have loads of time on your hands and are able to farm constantly and get good drops farming anything anymore is pointless you used to be able to make more money with TT but as i said x2 drop rates ruined it. you could farm 3 full sets of HH90 green in a week along with gold mats to sell to profit and get more subs from to do more runs.

so far alls ive seen them do in over a year and a half of playing this game is create more coin sinks to npcs for a numerous amount of things all the while making in game coin actually more hard to get. all the ppl still saying DQ isnt an issue is probably some 9x or 10x that can run 4 nirvana runs in an hour or two or is someone that has no problem charging up mommy and daddys CC to sell real life cash for in game coins.

as for in game ppl not picking up coins yea it happens alot but its mainly in areas like outside of archo where ther mobs are dropping 20-40 coins each which does add up but most the time ppl are just in a rush to lvl on that area of quests i hardly ever go to any place n the map where its made for questing for 6x and up and see masses of coins laying around almost everyone starts to pick up everything at that lvl once they realize the costs of gears and + costs of dorbs from merchant shops.

the majority of the truly rich ppl wait for things like 1star dorb sales or packs and charge a couple 100 dollars the moment they happen then wait for the sale to be over and jack the prices up on them in merchant shops 50-80k from what they were going for a few days before.either this or there one of the ppl that can farm high lvl instances all day and set up shop for days on end.This game has become more of a chore anymore with all the dailies now making lvling super easy giving birth to a bunch of nub players that have no idea how to play their class.

soon all squads will be merely 5aps bms, archers and sins with the other classes merely being there for buffing and to spam a few heals every now and again 5 aps did break the game but more so it was the packs giving out the lunar insignias if so any bms would of had an easier chance getting the TT 100 fists instead of the lunar claws. lunar takes months upon months of farming to get the acutal mats needed to make anything half decent.

they need to either A: up the coin drop rate from regular mobs to around the lvl that the buffed mobs such as sac assault drop for coins only or
    B: introduce some sort of daily that actually is profitable for coins not neccisarily exp but for money that takes an hour or so to make a few 100k. Not saying make it easy and lazy like WQ or something (which im sure almost no one does anymore) but make them actualy have to read the quest log and find a few things dont put auto tracking on the npcs anything to actually make someone have to sit at their comp screen and play the game instead of just click click afk 10 mins come back click click afk again.

p.s. as for ur screenshot its easy to drop coins and pick them up making it seem like thats more than the average drop and if thats the amount of coins ur getting it was probably x2 drop rates ive played the game for more than a year and and a half and never realy even think i remember getting more than 1k coins from a mob and if so it was x2 drops on a sac assault mob and even then breaking 1k coins in 1 single drop was rare.
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's a little sad the more recent TW thread has 182 pages to date, and that after much more time this one only has 27 pages. Perhaps the majority of players don't mind the 20% reduction in DQ values. Still, I can only urge Perfect World to not ignore it's minorities.

PS: Fix your UI.

actually i remember the original thread being around 60+ pages on this issue the probably just deleted a large majority of the pages of text where ppl where arguing both sides of the point. which was alot of ppl arguing the merchant side of making money and ppl saying it doesnt bother me then the other 70% or so saying they hated it and their reasons why.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i think there were more than one thread longer than this one on DQs.

I have a suggestion. How about the devs and GMs that are "working on it" and have been for months and months bounce some of these great ideas off a few of the forum members from both sides in a private forum. seems even the trolls around here come up with ideas faster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aviron - Harshlands
    Aviron - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Please PW raise the prices again :)
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Please PW raise the prices again :)

I don't think they ever will, mother ship called and gave the orders. Would be nice though if they made mobs drop 2 sets of coins instead of just one to compensate, or a permanent x2 drop rate on dqs. I admit DQs are my main sorce of income then and now, but I never neglected any drop. If it has value I take it, coin drops can add up nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyFeline - Dreamweaver
    LadyFeline - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    yet another week has passed..and again not even a hint of info regarding this issue.

Promising eh?

On the positive side for the company:
    We made again a weeks pay without having to bother about it.
    To assume I speak for other is assuming I am those folks.
    Well, I can tell you right now: I am all but myself.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This just popped up in another thread and I figured I'd post it here:

"As for the DQ price change. I know we've been promising something for a while, but because its a set change for China, we have taken upon ourselves to come up with a new system. While I can't dive into any details, it will take some time to develop. Whether you choose to believe we are working to provide our players with better gameplay is up to everyone's individual judgment. I'm just trying to let everyone here know that we are actually doing things behind closed doors here. We as PWE employees, take it personally when we are accused of "not caring" for our players."

That was from Kantorek

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835102&page=4

hum hum so I see. There will not be any compensation for the 20% lost has they want to slow the gold farming or avoid getting or server like the china ones. Over all this might be a good for the bad. Any way I have been grinding recently and it's quite hard to cash some real coins to get my demon skills. Still the more you look at the evolution of the game, you have to get that the more player will have to ZEN to get gear and other. Take HH for example, now that only the oldest player can get the gold mat, player will resolve to buy token, change them in chip, and pay the Mysterious merchant to get gold mat. And now player will tell us that the game is not free to play. Well they do have work around that a player can try to do. Like getting the Silvermane from the QD quest. < Insert BIG laughter here >. Or get around 10k of chip in the cube for the gold mat. Well the reality is that humans are lazy. We want it fast and now, so zen and zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How many months has this issue been unresolved?
    Simply reinstating the old prices seems to be moot at this point as PWE has cheated PWI players for months now.
    You have nickeld and dimed us to death.
    You have no update to this because there is and never will be one.
    I wait with baited breath til PWI unstickies and tries to quickly and discretly lower depth
    this thread.
    Who will do it? Aryanmage? the no info, boob of a mod who contributes nothing to forums other than locking threads?
    Pathetic PWI, you have become pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    On another thought.
    If it is indeed impossible for PWI to increase the NPC price of DQ items...can PWI not increase the drop rate?
    I believe you can, by evidence of 2x drop rates I believe you can.

The **** poor drop rates are already needed.
    You want suggestions? You want "feed back"? So listen and stop #!@# around with text issues and fixing whats not broken.
    PWI(your license) makes millions per quarter, start spending that improving the game.

Your unsolicited "improvements " have been met with, historically, such disapproval, I wonder if the forum mods are indeed completely in the dark.
    I have reached, almost by accident the highest level I ever hope to reach.
    Really, I see no reason to go much further.
    At this point, you need to straight up double either the DQ price or the drop rate.
    Alot of MMORPG's just became FTP and ur sheet stinks PWI.
    I don't envy your current position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Well another maintenance and another week of no update on this dispite Frankie saying something was coming. Come on and give us something we want for a change instead of the is fail anniversary carp.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I saw nothig on the update about the following?? Carp???

http://paradoxoff.com/files/2007/08/biggest-carp-caught-1.jpg
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If I owned this company... I'd break some developer fingers >_>. They are game developers, not thieves. They should be thinking of how to fix bugs before they think of ways to scam their players.

Every bit of fash that I have aside from the oldest stuff glitches... I'm tired of being naked =_=;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If I owned this company...

Ever heard of the trickle down effect?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Well another maintenance and another week of no update on this dispite Frankie saying something was coming. Come on and give us something we want for a change instead of the is fail anniversary carp.

It's in development. I cannot give you anything more specific than this.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010

4 months and still nothing? Really seems like you're stonewalling us here Frankie... b:angry
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010

In the meantime, mail me 150mil so I can finally upgrade to TT99 gear. b:surrender
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    yeah... nice... its in development. What a new Frankie.

So you know there's something in development. Is it so hard to tell us WTH is in development? What's in dev's mind? what have they found for us?

I think we all would like something more... precise, some ideas.

With jungle ruins, with tideborns we had some "preview" in the news. We had something to put on our teeth. Even the ... DQ price dropped patch was in the preview. So could you please give us a preview of what is in development?

You know what? ive had an idea today... well more than an idea, a thought :

I am thinking the devs are working on a new expansion to PWI (I think you talked about that in anniversary news). And you know what? im starting to think the devs will wait for this expansion to release the "compensation".

conclusion of this "thinking" : we are screwed for 4 months and we will be for some others months!
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Frankie, thanks for atleast responding back. Keep this up even if it is only once a week saying that it is still in development at least then we know that the issue has not been forgotten.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Drop us a hint and I'll give you a cookie.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Frankie, thanks for atleast responding back. Keep this up even if it is only once a week saying that it is still in development at least then we know that the issue has not been forgotten.

agreed. at least a little presence around here would be greatly appreciated. As can be seen by the forums there are multiple things that people are upset about and multiple things in the past that seem to have fallen on deaf ears. just letting us know what is being worked on without necessarily indepth details would help.

Any other issues being worked on? perhaps the inability to get some things like alot of FC gear in the game, or anything like that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Would you all please kindly **** about this? You sound like a bunch of hobos in the soup line bitchin about the lack of corn in todays free meal. Does it suck that dq drops are worth less? Sure. Do the GM's have to do anything about it? No. So quit screaming at them like bratty children FFS. If I were them, at this point i'd have a real lack of motivation to go out of my way to appease you.
  • Elahinon - Dreamweaver
    Elahinon - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have an almost fully functional time machine, it's in development tho

For real, if i didn't had a main backing up this guy i would have had a WAY harder time struggling for money as a low level, DQ was the main source of income for starters, if starters don't have money they won't buy the stuff the mid levels have to offer, if the mid levels don't get their stuff sold they won't be able to afford the stuff the high levels are willing to sell, if the high levels can't sell their stuff uber levels won't have anyone to sell stuff to, it's a cycle

DQ price nerfing is one of the factors that cracked the economy for the above mentioned cause, you crack the base of the pyramid you **** up everyone else above, TW being the cause of inflation? i think lower levels struggling for cash are a much more important factor
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    p.s. as for ur screenshot its easy to drop coins and pick them up making it seem like thats more than the average drop and if thats the amount of coins ur getting it was probably x2 drop rates ive played the game for more than a year and and a half and never realy even think i remember getting more than 1k coins from a mob and if so it was x2 drops on a sac assault mob and even then breaking 1k coins in 1 single drop was rare.

You're level 92. If you haven't seen 1.5k coins per drop then you're probably too damned lazy to pick up coins just like the ~19/20 other barbs that like to macro their way through the game. DQ amounts to a minor portion of the income from drops.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    You're level 92. If you haven't seen 1.5k coins per drop then you're probably too damned lazy to pick up coins just like the ~19/20 other barbs that like to macro their way through the game. DQ amounts to a minor portion of the income from drops.

Oh stuff it, tweakz. In the ~2 years I've been playing I have never seen above 1k coin from a mob, and I pick up every damn thing that drops, even ammunition for christsakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    tweakz wrote: »

Seriously? 90% of the drops I see are DQ. I'd say on all my characters, when I sell drops, at least 90% of the value is DQ items. Yes mobs can drop 4-500 coins a time at my level, but DQ items are worth a lot more than that (even with the price nerf).

Also, tbh recently the drop rates seem to be a lot lower for DQ items then when I started playing a few months ago . . .
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lol @ this still not being resolved.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Seriously? 90% of the drops I see are DQ. I'd say on all my characters, when I sell drops, at least 90% of the value is DQ items. Yes mobs can drop 4-500 coins a time at my level, but DQ items are worth a lot more than that (even with the price nerf).
    Here are the numbers for two random mobs, which will hopefully end the debate. DQs represented the majority of the value of a kill pre-nerf, and still represent roughly half the value of a kill.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1122
    L31 Devilroot Dryad
    coin: 98 +/- 73 (98 avg)
    Avg # of drops: 0.392651
    Frequency adjusted avg value of non-coin drops: 369.7

52.3% of the total average value of each kill is DQ (56.5% of drops)
    20.95% is coin
    20.8% is equipment (10.4% of drops)
    4.0% is pots (including lucky packs) (25% of drops)
    1.2% is shot (5% of drops)
    0.7% is jade (3.1% of drops)

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/7072
    L97 Glacial Mistress
    coin: 306 +/- 209 (306 avg)
    Avg # of drops: 0.234619
    Frequency adjusted avg value of non-coin drops: 704.9

49.5% of the total average value of each kill is DQ (66% of drops)
    27.7% is coin
    16.5% is equipment (5.5% of drops)
    5.3% is pots (including lucky packs) (17.9% of drops)
    0.6% is jade (4.5% of drops)
    0.2% is food (2.95% of drops)
    0.1% is shot (1.75% of drops)

Personally I think they should've addressed the botting issue in China by decreasing DQ values severely but increasing equipment values to compensate (which would also make crafting worthwhile at lower levels too). DQ items stack, which is great for botters. Equipment does not stack, so anyone attempting to bot for coin would have to program their bot to frequently go to town and sell everything in inventory. Not impossible, but much, much more difficult to do.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I did an experiment a few weeks ago to see for myself what the ratio of dq/coins/misc was... This was one hour of grinding on normal mobs close to my level, based on npc value of all drops (I always pick up all my drops):

Coin: 41,790

DQ: 239,320

Gear: 30,581

Misc: 16,694

Total: 328,385
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    nearly 4 month gone... still no solution... come on and unpin the thread
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I did an experiment a few weeks ago to see for myself what the ratio of dq/coins/misc was... This was one hour of grinding on normal mobs close to my level, based on npc value of all drops (I always pick up all my drops):

Coin: 41,790

DQ: 239,320

Gear: 30,581

Misc: 16,694

Total: 328,385

Non-Venomancer needs repair ~50.000 / hour and also the incoming is less because they need breaks for meditation or potions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]