TW Report - 09/10/2010-09/12/2010

NPCnews - Raging Tide
NPCnews - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Tideswell (East)

TERRITORY WARS

Territory War Weekend of 09/10/2010-09/12/2010

Bidding predictions - new feature since the latest update changes:

QQme attacks 1k held by Leviathan
Leviathan retaliates by attacking Archosaur held by QQme
Poseidon attacks Forest of Haze held by RedDragon
Murr ganks Leviathan on Misfortune City
War attacks Fragrant Hills held by Murr
Varden attacks Silk Ridge held by NPC
NPC retaliates by attacking Dragon's End held by Varden
Latinos attacks Desert Sea held by Varden
Vertu attacks Sanctuary held by Murr

note: you'll notice different terminology used for different wars:
attacks- faction has a clear idea where they are going to attack before bidding starts.
retaliates- attack from a given faction results in counterattack.
gank- faction attacks only after realizing there is a multiple attacks on a target faction.

Offense
Defense

Friday (09/10/2010)

- PK'EM'ALL attacks Farewell Plain held by Leviathan - 8:00 PM EST
- QQme attacks 1k held by Leviathan - 8:03 PM EST
- Varden attacks S. Highland held by Latinos - 8:06 PM EST

Saturday (09/11/2010)

- $layers attacks Tradewind held by Leviathan - 8:00 PM EST
- HolyNight attacks The Great Lake held by Leviathan - 8:03 PM EST
- Murr attacks Mistfortune City held by Leviathan - 8:06 PM EST
- Vertu attacks Desert Sea held by Varden - 8:09 PM EST
- Latinos attacks D. Spring held by Varden - 8:12 PM EST
- NPC attacks Dragon's End held by Varden - 8:15 PM EST
- Poseidon attacks Forest of Haze held by RedDragon - 8:18 PM EST

Sunday (09/12/2010)

Leviathan attacks Fragrant Hills held by Murr - 8:00 PM EST

Guilds/Factions on the map not participating in TW this week

- o_o no faction feeling pacifistic this week - 11 wars WOOT

NPCnews random thoughts on this weeks turn out

I'll have to say RT is the most interesting TW server in PWI atm.

Postwar comment:
It is sad to see factions go of the map. Unfortunately RedDragon lost vs Poseidon in a epic battle to be remembered. We are all with you RedDragon and await your return next week :)

I'm sorry there was no additional content this week, but with all the attacks on the NPCnews for this week, I decided it was the best thing to do. Most of you can see that that was unnecessary since TW predictions were pretty much accurate - especially for the faction that made most fuss abut it.
Thank you all for your posts on this topic. Thank you all that pm-ed me in game and sent me PM's on the forum regarding TW this week. It would not be possible to do without you guys :)
Cya next week, and continue to have fun in TW's on one of the greatest TW servers on PWI! :D

Kind regards,
NPCnews

NPCnews predictions

Friday (09/10/2010)

-looks like PK'EM'ALL is just looking for a fun TW - no real threat to Leviathan here. Unfortunately Levi has a real deal TW going on in 1k so they might finish this one really quick robing PK'EM'ALL from their fun.
-win Leviathan 10min.

-expected turnout for this week. QQme has a clear idea what they want. Leviathan, however, has a clear idea what they want to keep. >:D Another epic battle coming up... it is really hard to make a prediction here. Depending on the number of people showing up in both factions it can swing ether way. However, considering what happened last week I'll have to say:
-win Leviathan 3h

Surprising turnout after Varden claimed they will win vs NPC in the attack this week, they decide to attack a weaker faction. Tough mach up for Latinos tho. Latinos have the experience and skill, Varden has the numbers. Latinos have to dig hard and deep in their bag of tricks to win this one - Varden in a clear advantage here. On the other hand, Varden has not won a real 1vs1 TW - and correct me if I'm wrong - in 3 mouths now - last one being fist attack by Carebares on their land. By the end of the next week, Carebares took land from Varden pretty much marking the downfall of Varden. We are all expecting to see a comeback here. Go Varden.
-win Varden 1.15h

Saturday (09/11/2010)

$layers, leader is lvl 6x psy with crappy gear. There are like 15-20 of his friends in that faction... o_o.
-win Leviathan 10min

O_o ? o_O ? o.0 ? 0.o ? @_@ ?_? x_x ? X_x ? x_X ?
-win Leviathan 10min

Oh, well, what to say here then: "its pay back time."
-win Leviathan 10min

New upcoming faction but a tough match up for them. Vertu is opening wars on Vardan land this week and they can be pretty certain they will have a large chunk of Varden in there at least for fist 9minutes. Much depends here on how Varden decides to defend.
-win Varden 10min

Latinos are relay lucky to get a middle war here. I'll update this prediction after Varden attack on Latinos is over. For now:
-win Latinos 15min

Depending on what Varden does in defense here it has a potential to be a really interesting TW. On the other hand we can pretty much expect the same turnout as last week. NPC has done nothing but gather experience by battling best of the bast from day one. Varden can not match that except fully dedicated. Although "why" is still a mystery, we should not underestimate Varden's will to fight NPC at all costs - and that is always a good thing.
-win NPC 10min.

I would say this is a interesting match up - in the "left corner" defense veterans as vicious as a red dragon defending his lair, the RedDragon - in the "right corner" mysterious force lurking from the depths of Raging Tide called Poseidon. Poseidon has attempted to bid on RedDragon for some time now but were unlucky till now. RedDragon still silently lurking in their lair waitng for the next wondering faction that crosses their borders. Lets see what happens when the god of the sea and storms ventures into a dark lair of a fire bathing red beast. Water vs Fire.. let the game begin...
-win... oh hell no... after this into it's like saying how the move ends b4 it eave begins... wait and c... *jaws music in the background* >:D

Sunday (09/12/2010)

One on one, I think levi was wishing this for some time now.
-win Leviathan 10min

TW Results!

Friday (09/10/2010)

-win Leviathan

-win Leviathan

-win Varden

Saturday (09/11/2010)

-win Leviathan

-win Leviathan

-win Leviathan

-win Varden

-win Latinos

-win NPC

-win Poseidon

Sunday (09/12/2010)

-win Leviathan

LAND COUNT - prior TW

QQme- 18 (Archosaur, Plume City)
Leviathan - 12 (1k, The Lost, Etherblade)
Poseidon- 6 (D. Port, RT)
NPC-4
Varden- 3
Murr-2
RedDragon-1
Latinos-1

LAND COUNT - after TW

QQme- 18 (Archosaur, Plume City)
Leviathan - 13 (1k, The Lost, Etherblade)
Poseidon- 7 (D. Port, RT)
NPC- 5
Varden- 2
Murr- 1
Latinos- 1

This thread was not made to flame or insult anyone in the PWI community. If you have any problems please leave me a message and I will do my best to change anything offensive on this thread.
Sorry if the colours may not match the ones in game if you have any suggestions on what colours may be better suited pm me once again.
If any officers of TWing guilds wish to pm me afterwards for information on TW results please do so :D
Post edited by NPCnews - Raging Tide on

Comments

• BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Smart of you to do this
    Pre-thanks!
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Bidding predictions up.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    NPC bid on Varden..no surprise there b:chuckle
  • postingalt
    postingalt Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    a little bird told me Leviathan is in bed with NPC and Varden sleeps with QQme and that thereare really only 2 colors on the map
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    wow really cause im sure there are more than 4 colors on the map atm
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Fate - Raging Tide
    Fate - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    whats tw? how does i do dis.
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    postingalt wrote: »
    a little bird told me Leviathan is in bed with NPC and Varden sleeps with QQme and that thereare really only 2 colors on the map

:/ hmm.. maybe I should add something like: TW alliances prediction for this week huh? o.o

However, looking at the present situation, I don't think there r any alliances stated above.

But, anyways - lets do a short analysis of faction goals/behavior/origins/alliances:

-QQme

Goal: have fun TW, be strongest faction and take over the map. Their original motto: "QQ all u want, we don't care..." speaks to the purist TW approach of the game.
    Alliances: Murr - it has been noticed that thees 2 factions work together lately.

-Leviathan

Goal: Have fun TW's and, don't hate me for this one x_x, but does the name not say for it self? The largest or most massive thing of its kind - implies map domination? o_o or did they go with Biblical sense of a evil monstrous sea creature from the Old Testament? Run for the hills -jk, >:D lol
    Aliances: Non I know of.

-Poseidon

goal: to be honest, no idea. Looks like another "take over the map" faction. But they are trying really hard to stay under the radar.
    Alliances: non I know of. However, their choosing of TW target last week makes me wonder. They didn't gank QQme and went for RedDragon? Any relationship with QQme there? Possibility exists.

-NPC

goal: stop any faction from taking over the TW map.
    NPC does what it always does... throws down some math then decides who to attack. It goes something like this:

agro list calculator:
    faction current land count + city count modifier + constant modifier + dice role.

costant:
    +5 if a faction bid on NPC
    +10 if a faction take land from NPC
    +20 if a faction outbid a NPC bid on some1
    note: constant stacks up and decrements by a dice role every week.
    ex.
    QQme : 18 + (2Arch+1Plume) + 3 (bid + take land - 3 weeks dice roles) + x
    Leviathan : 12 + (2 1k + 1lost +1 ether) + 0 + x
    Poseidon- 6 + (+1 D. Port, +1 RT) + 0 + x
    Varden- 3 + 0 + 21 (outbid + bid - 2 week dice role) + x
    Murr-2 + 0 + 0 + x
    RedDragon-1 + 0 + 0 + x
    Latinos-1 + 0 + 0 + x

why does NPC do it this way? Well it goes with the theme of the faction - Non Player Characters - NPC has a agro list :D besides, for a pure "we wanna TW every week" faction there is no better way to have constant TW fun.

-Varden

goal: have fun TW and take over the map.
    Alliances: non I know of. I mean, they attack QQme, then they attack Leviathan, then they attack NPC... relationship with those faction are nothing short from war conflict, so for Varden to have alliances with any one of those factions is improbable. Besides, one of ex-Varden members in NPC told me that Varden does not believe in alliances because it always ends with backstabbing.

-Murr

goal: have no idea to be honest.
    Alliances: they synchronized their efforts with QQme lately, so there is something there.

-RedDragon

goals: for now it seams that RedDragon is trying to build a stable faction. They manged to fend of all the attacks on their land till now.
    Aliances: non that i know of.

-Latinos

goals: since they got their 1st land just past week, my bet is they r gonna try and expand it some more.
    Alliances: non that i know of.

I'm not going to talk about factions that are not on the map atm, but just to be clear, there are few of them that have big potential. >:)

AND NOW, DISCUS!!! :D - but please, have fun while you do it - i know I had fun while I wrote this one - don't rage about what others will write on this - IT SUPPOSE TO BE FUN!

NOTE: This post was not made to flame or insult anyone in the PWI community. If you have any problems please leave me a message and I will do my best to change anything offensive on this pst.

NO NO this --> b:angry
    ALOT of this plz --> b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    :/ hmm.. maybe I should add something like: TW alliances prediction for this week huh? o.o

However, looking at the present situation, I don't think there r any alliances stated above.

But, anyways - lets do a short analysis of faction goals/behavior/origins/alliances:

-QQme

Goal: have fun TW, be strongest faction and take over the map. Their original motto: "QQ all u want, we don't care..." speaks to the purist TW approach of the game.
    Alliances: Murr - it has been noticed that thees 2 factions work together lately.

-Leviathan

Goal: Have fun TW's and, don't hate me for this one x_x, but does the name not say for it self? The largest or most massive thing of its kind - implies map domination? o_o or did they go with Biblical sense of a evil monstrous sea creature from the Old Testament? Run for the hills -jk, >:D lol
    Aliances: Non I know of.

-Poseidon

goal: to be honest, no idea. Looks like another "take over the map" faction. But they are trying really hard to stay under the radar.
    Alliances: non I know of. However, their choosing of TW target last week makes me wonder. They didn't gank QQme and went for RedDragon? Any relationship with QQme there? Possibility exists.

-NPC

goal: stop any faction from taking over the TW map.
    NPC does what it always does... throws down some math then decides who to attack. It goes something like this:

agro list calculator:
    faction current land count + city count modifier + constant modifier + dice role.

costant:
    +5 if a faction bid on NPC
    +10 if a faction take land from NPC
    +20 if a faction outbid a NPC bid on some1
    note: constant stacks up and decrements by a dice role every week.
    ex.
    QQme : 18 + (2Arch+1Plume) + 3 (bid + take land - 3 weeks dice roles) + x
    Leviathan : 12 + (2 1k + 1lost +1 ether) + 0 + x
    Poseidon- 6 + (+1 D. Port, +1 RT) + 0 + x
    Varden- 3 + 0 + 21 (outbid + bid - 2 week dice role) + x
    Murr-2 + 0 + 0 + x
    RedDragon-1 + 0 + 0 + x
    Latinos-1 + 0 + 0 + x

why does NPC do it this way? Well it goes with the theme of the faction - Non Player Characters - NPC has a agro list :D besides, for a pure "we wanna TW every week" faction there is no better way to have constant TW fun.

-Varden

goal: have fun TW and take over the map.
    Alliances: non I know of. I mean, they attack QQme, then they attack Leviathan, then they attack NPC... relationship with those faction are nothing short from war conflict, so for Varden to have alliances with any one of those factions is improbable. Besides, one of ex-Varden members in NPC told me that Varden does not believe in alliances because it always ends with backstabbing.

-Murr

Alliances: they synchronized their efforts with QQme lately, so there is something there.

-RedDragon

goals: for now it seams that RedDragon is trying to build a stable faction. They manged to fend of all the attacks on their land till now.
    Aliances: non that i know of.

-Latinos

goals: since they got their 1st land just past week, my bet is they r gonna try and expand it some more.
    Alliances: non that i know of.

I'm not going to talk about factions that are not on the map atm, but just to be clear, there are few of them that have big potential. >:)

AND NOW, DISCUS!!! :D - but please, have fun while you do it - i know I had fun while I wrote this one - don't rage about what others will write on this - IT SUPPOSE TO BE FUN!

NOTE: This post was not made to flame or insult anyone in the PWI community. If you have any problems please leave me a message and I will do my best to change anything offensive on this pst.

NO NO this --> b:angry
    ALOT of this plz --> b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh

i laughed my *** off at this. there is CLEARLY something going on between NPC and leviathan. and how on earth is QQme supposed to ally themselves with the russians? non of us speak russian and you cant trust the soviets anyway,
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Any relationship with QQme there? Possibility exists.

Not really, attacking a land brings counter attacks. They attacked Dreamweaver because they had nowhere else to go. Now they have 2 choices, QQme, which if attacked could attack back and would most likely win an attack war against them, and RedDragon whom they most likely can beat in an attack war and if they do retaliate they can most likely crush in a defense war.

They attacked leviathan, they got land, why wouldn't they attack again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i laughed my *** off at this. there is CLEARLY something going on between NPC and leviathan. and how on earth is QQme supposed to ally themselves with the russians? non of us speak russian and you cant trust the soviets anyway,

I'll pass . I've had enough of so called " alliances" on sanctuary that ended up in a bad way . I'd prefer for every faction to fend for itself unless there's one totally overpowered faction that need's a 3-way to be taken down and that's not the case for our server ( at least not atm ) .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    i laughed my *** off at this. there is CLEARLY something going on between NPC and leviathan.

Yes - both factions have similar orange color... b:avoid

...and it was meant for ppl to laugh and have a little fun chat about it, express their opinions and concerns - basically to flavor up this report a bit before TW's. :D
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Not really, attacking a land brings counter attacks. They attacked Dreamweaver because they had nowhere else to go. Now they have 2 choices, QQme, which if attacked could attack back and would most likely win an attack war against them, and RedDragon whom they most likely can beat in an attack war and if they do retaliate they can most likely crush in a defense war.

a valid point :)

They attacked leviathan, they got land, why wouldn't they attack again?

also a valid point, however there is something else - Levi rolled them few weeks back and took 2 lands from them. Also, they kept attacking Levi win or lose b4, coinciding with QQme attack. That is why I wrote the "alliance" part in their description.

To summarize, Poseidon IS NOT attacking QQme for the exact same reason Murr IS attacking Leviathan. o_o

Anyways, I'm just speculating here... :D Cant wait to see more coments on this topic b4 bidding ends :D
  • Fate - Raging Tide
    Fate - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    infamuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2010

just saw infamu officer recruiting in west arch b:shocked
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol@hieroglyphicsalliances
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol@inabilitytousemultiquote
  • postingalt
    postingalt Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010

bring back my original red beast plox!
  • liittledragon
    liittledragon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010

yeppers NPC has been allied with levi since they got on the map, no use trying to hide that fact so please be honest in your post NPC
  • Ambition - Raging Tide
    Ambition - Raging Tide Posts: 1,152 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    infamuuuuuu 4r evarrrrrr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol at the fake bids by Levi.

QQme isn't mad, as you could just not show up for Murr like last week and get the 1v1... however I think Murr is now totally mad on you guys grats for making a true enemy... and maybe a ban, whoever did the stupid fake bids.

Simply put it is Murr who wants teh ganks, not QQme, so you can only say you just pissed off Murr totally.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Offense
    Defense - LIST UPDATED b:quiet

11 WARS THIS WEEK
  • Distinction - Raging Tide
    Distinction - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Offense
    Defense - LIST UPDATED b:quiet

11 WARS THIS WEEK

idk NPC, could you take a pic of the map?
    im too lazy to log in.
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    Amrd - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol at the fake bids by Levi.

QQme isn't mad, as you could just not show up for Murr like last week and get the 1v1... however I think Murr is now totally mad on you guys grats for making a true enemy... and maybe a ban, whoever did the stupid fake bids.

Simply put it is Murr who wants teh ganks, not QQme, so you can only say you just pissed off Murr totally.

I'm very displeased that you think we fake bidded, as if we tried to convince veritas to attack us :P I don't think Veri's faction has much in the way of actual members, but they may distract us long enough for you guys to win b:shocked

tbh I think a lot of people just saw a bunch of attacks on levi and jumped on the bandwagaon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Clearly there was fake bidding, as I've never heard of $layers or HolyNight before, however I don't think any leviathan members placed the bid.

Looks like it was either some nonfactor that wanted attention, or someone looking for a ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm very displeased that you think we fake bidded, as if we tried to convince veritas to attack us :P I don't think Veri's faction has much in the way of actual members, but they may distract us long enough for you guys to win b:shocked

tbh I think a lot of people just saw a bunch of attacks on levi and jumped on the bandwagaon.
    No I don't blame whole Levi for fake bidding. It is one smart *** who did it and gives bad image on everyone.

Veri's faction? lol I know it's not a fake bid O.o that's not the one I'm talking about

But the other two...
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • waaaaaaaah
    waaaaaaaah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If its not Epeenor it's not us.
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2010

To summarize, Poseidon IS NOT attacking QQme for the exact same reason Murr IS attacking Leviathan. o_o

b:shocked Too much super analysis. We roll a die. 1,2,3 = Attack faction to the west, 4,5,6 = Attack faction to the east.

If die falls off the table, we don't attack anyone.

If die grows wings and fly away, after hatching a dinosaur egg, we disband the faction.

b:victory

(NB: I don't speak for anyone but myself, my opinions are totally my own, as is my walkman, mp3 player, mp4 player, ipod, cello, piano, computer, pets, shoelace, sunglasses, cup, cake, waffle, helmet, shoe, slippers,ipod earphones, headphones, plates, bowls, tissue, music stand, cookies, cake, radio, torch, candle, and face.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • NPCnews - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Clearly there was fake bidding, as I've never heard of $layers or HolyNight before, however I don't think any leviathan members placed the bid.

Looks like it was either some nonfactor that wanted attention, or someone looking for a ban.

$layers - so this is what I found out till now - leader is Norwegian (i think, 'coz he was WCing something in Norwegian) - lvl 6x psy with crappy gear. There are like 15-20 of his friends in that faction... o_o.
    HolyNight - O_o ? o_O ? o.0 ? 0.o ? @_@ ?_? x_x ? X_x ? x_X ? - any1 know anything about them? I'm ashamed to say I don't know anything about this faction whatsoever.
    PK'EM'ALL - Veritas faction - as far as I know he created it after Poseidon skiped TW bidding - in the aftermath he left the faction then WCed that he is looking for a TW faction that is going to TW next week. Idk if he got any offers or not but he was spotted in his own faction 2 days later. Taking that in consideration its no surprise he is biding this week.

Well, those were the new factions bidding this week. Rest of them we saw in action on the TW map in past weeks.
    If any1 has any additionally info please post them here, ty :)

b:cute
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If the die grows fins and daggers, we get bored and reach for the Russians xD

Just kidding on that. We're attacking RedDragon because we voted and RD got the winning ballot. No alliances or anything. Like, 20 of us vs. 50 of them would be super fun. b:victory

Though... I really am bored. Sitting, merchanting, *ahem* is boring. Hope we have fun, RD :)
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    waaaaaaaah wrote: »
    If its not Epeenor it's not us.

Bladed_Tony's alts are in Epeenor..
    nuff said
    b:bye
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009