So disappointed...

Shivalia - Lost City
Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
"For players who would like to transfer the gifts to different characters on their accounts, the only way to do this is through the Account Stash feature. This feature can be accessed by activating an Account Stash Stone at the PW Boutique Agent."

I've kept my faith and good feelings toward you all at PW and giving you all the benefit of the doubt of not being completely greedy. I'm extremely disappointed. And yes, I do have an account stash and have since they came out. I'm not angry because I'm not getting what I want. I'm disappointed in you all. If you could move these mounts for people last year because there were no stones yet, you should be able to do it now, and you should do so. Its very nice of you all to give these gifts, but all this says to me is 'greed greed greed. Buy the account stone.' Here I've been going around telling these poor people who's mounts got sent to unused characters that they should send tickets and the nice people of PW would help them out... I can't express my disappointment but to say it multiple times. b:surrender Its just one item. And one item that you've once before done this service for. You've basically turned this nice free gift, to some people, into a $15 'sale'. If they want it, they have to buy the account stone. Shame on you.

Lock this if you need to, but I need my feelings heard. I hope you take it to heart how this all looks to all of those who had faith in the company.

EDIT: Anyway, we've had a mod response, and in hopes that there's no more insults or complaining coming from this thread as it was meant to be just a statement of opinion, if another mod comes by and reads this, I would be grateful if you went ahead and closed this. Again, thank you for reading and considering your players' feelings in this matter. I wish things could be different for those less fortunate this year, but while I'm still disappointed that it came to this, I understand your positions. *nods*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
Post edited by Shivalia - Lost City on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's just one item, but it's thousands of players. It's a GIFT. It doesn't need to be used. People were fine without it before, and they'll be fine with it sitting on an unused character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I just posted this in another thread: I'll repeat here.
    When getting use out of their "gift" requires you to pay real money, it becomes a scam.

Free stuff is great, but if you can't use it, then what's the point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    It's just one item, but it's thousands of players. It's a GIFT. It doesn't need to be used. People were fine without it before, and they'll be fine with it sitting on an unused character.

Yes, its thousands of players. And they managed to do the favor last year. And no, it doesn't need used, and people were fine, but its nothing but a pure insult to give a 'gift' that, depending on circumstance, requires $15 to use how they please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I agree with the OP.

I have been a supportor of PWI threw the thick and thin. But when it comes to giving out gifts that turn out to make them lots of money instead. They have crossed my line of believing in them.

I am sad that this is like this. Life will go on of course but they need to know how many people are hurt by this false gift.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    meh isnt the highest lvl char you have probably the most played one? plus last year they did it manually. i have account stash too because is useful not only for gear and its really cheap and you dont have to spend RL money, others do it for you...
    account stash is cheaper than a 11m/s mount
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    I just posted this in another thread: I'll repeat here.
    When getting use out of their "gift" requires you to pay real money, it becomes a scam.

Free stuff is great, but if you can't use it, then what's the point?

My entire first post in one sentence. Points for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wet_n_Wild - Dreamweaver
    Wet_n_Wild - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    didnt they do the transfer last year since there was no such thing as account stash back then?
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This thread needs to be stickied.

@Wet_n_Wild: Yes, they did. Which is why a good amount of the population of PWI is pissed off right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    meh isnt the highest lvl char you have probably the most played one? plus last year they did it manually. i have account stash too because is useful not only for gear and its really cheap and you dont have to spend RL money, others do it for you...

It may or may not be your most used. They cover themselves for MOST people by sending them to highest level. But. Many people do change their mind on what characters they want as a main. Plus, many high levels probably already have other mounts and would want to give this mount to an alt. That would be my situation. Of course, as I've said, I have the account stone, so I'm fine, but for those who do, they cannot even trade to someone to have them trade it to their mount. They do not have that option unless they pay for the stone.

And to Wet_n_Wild, yes, they did do it because there were no stones. But keep in mind, that those people back then got a better deal because of that. While yes, I am a bit of a cash shopper, I agree with many people in that its items and sales in the boutique that ruin the quality of this game. The fact that there are now stones in the boutique apparently give them the excuse to be lazy in not transferring them manually for players as well as giving them a reason to make money. Which is what businesses need to do, but it is, as has been stated, in this situation, a scam considering this has been done once before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    account stash is cheaper than a 11m/s mount

11m/s mount 5ish Million coin.

Account Stash 15 gold at 450KK = 6.75 Million
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    It may or may not be your most used. They cover themselves for MOST people by sending them to highest level. But. Many people do change their mind on what characters they want as a main.

This. When TB were released, I went on a hiatus and came back and decided to drop my 84 cleric for my psychic, who is now 81. And I now have a useless blessing and mount on my cleric who I haven't played in who-knows-how-long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    They only sticky threads that pat PWE on the back, or try to explain how their latest ****-up isn't a **** up (or will be fixed "soon," until the QQ'ing trickles off). This will get locked and lower-depth'd, probably with some generic response that shows absolute disregard for any legitimate complaint in the OP's well-thought out and politely worded post.

EDIT: Bloody ninjas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    They only sticky threads that pat PWE on the back, or try to explain how their latest ****-up isn't a **** up (or will be fixed "soon," until the QQ'ing trickles off). This will get locked and lower-depth'd, probably with some generic response that shows absolute disregard for any legitimate complaint in the OP's well-thought out and politely worded post.

This is true, but I was mostly just saying it to show how much I agree with it, and how much a good amount of the population of PWI would agree with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It would've been nice if they'd had some way to choose which character to send it to, but transferring them manually this time around just isn't realistic. There are a LOT more people that qualify for mounts now than there were last year. It sucks for those that don't want an account stash, but nobody's forcing them to get one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    ...but nobody's forcing them to get one unless they want to use their "gifts" on another character.

Fixed for you.

Honestly, it took me a couple days to figure out where I stand on all that, since it is free stuff. But having to pay anything to get proper use out of it defeats the entire purpose of a "free gift," at which point it becomes a $15 scam, and that I most certainly do take issue with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    It would've been nice if they'd had some way to choose which character to send it to, but transferring them manually this time around just isn't realistic. There are a LOT more people that qualify for mounts now than there were last year. It sucks for those that don't want an account stash, but nobody's forcing them to get one.

Question one to start, as I havn't heard anything about it: Do people who got a mount last year get a mount again this year, or just the fashion?

Assuming they don't get it again, I don't know anything for a fact but I find it hard to believe that there's really that many more people who actually log on to GET the mount. There's a lot more people, but a lot of people who have quit and won't get the gifts simply because they don't play at all anymore. Again, I may be very wrong, but that's my feeling is that its probably the same or less people, even.. b:surrender Also there's the people who actually have got the account stash beforehand like myself who don't have to worry about the issue at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiIIia - Heavens Tear
    NiIIia - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know that this probably won't be heard, but because I'm still kind of optimistic deep down, I have an idea. I noticed that this anniversary allowed people getting their gifts through having to log in from a link and then receiving the gifts automatically in the mail. What about, next time around (or perhaps something that may end up with a similar situation) they just add in a drop down menu of all the characters you have in your account and let you choose which gift goes where? It would eliminate all the troubles that might happen about 'unused characters' and 'account stashes' and stuff. Just my shot at an idea. =/
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    this thread needs to be deleted and everyone needs to grow up and smell the roses

PWE is a business, ok it is entertainment but it is still a business. They have celebrated their anniversary by providing gifts to the highest level character on players accounts on each server - the logic would seem that the highest level toon is their most active. There is nothing that says they have to give a free gift.

If you do not want to use the gift on the character they gave it to, I don't think it is too much to drop $15 to get a stash stone to use the gift on another character. The money helps keep the game up and running (hopefully up to and past it's third anniversary)

The free transfers last year were because there was no account stash functionality and it was stated at the time it was a one time only facility. They introduced the account stash to allow players with multiple alts to transfer items that cannot normally be mailed between characters to do so - tt bound armor, gift mounts etc.

So if you want to transfer the gift items to another character on your account, then you need to pony up the cash - it's that simple. You don't like that? What have you lost? Nothing other than a bank or inventory space (which you can get back by npcing the mount!

You have a free 11 m/s mount you can use on a character that you would not normally have had or fashion that you would not normally have had. Financially you have probably saved money as you can either sell your existing mount to recoup costs or pass that on to an alt instead (remember if the game makes it to 3 years with you still playing - your alt toon will get a free mount too undoubtedly)

ok i am wandering a bit. back to the main point - you have something for nothing. you want to use it on a toon other than the one it was gifted too - pay up or shut up.

just my opinion. let the flaming continue/personal attacks begin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010

ok i am wandering a bit. back to the main point - you have something for nothing. you want to use it on a toon other than the one it was gifted too - pay up or shut up.

I'm not going to quote all of that just because of the length so don't take too much note about which part I quoted. I just wanted to reinstate the fact that this comes from some people who already have the account stashes. We don't all have the issue for ourselves. We are standing up for those who are getting a raw deal out of something that is supposed to be a gift. Even though I'm not for everyone's complaining that they've been doing, I feel, personally, that they are being cheated. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as are you, but I just ask for you to understand the position of the under payed and/or underprivileged. Some people can't afford to buy the stone for real money. Some people do not have credit cards and cannot charge for zen online. Some places don't even have physical stores to buy the pre payed cards. And for those of us who play casually and have jobs to go to and lives to live, we can't always make enough money in game to be able to afford to buy something like the stash stone. And we shouldn't have to in this situation since its supposed to be a gift. Plus, who feels like its a good deal for them to get something for 'free' but cannot use it unless they pay something for it. Its not free, and should not be advertised as such unless it, in fact, is. For those of us with stones, its free, for anyone else, it could easily be considered that the company is teasing them with something they really can't use they way they want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Was it really necessary to start yet another thread on this, when all you had to do was post in one of the sticky threads about it instead?
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Was it really necessary to start yet another thread on this, when all you had to do was post in one of the sticky threads about it instead?

Because its this matter in specific is not stickied. The sticky threads are too generalized, and it wouldn't make it to the eyes and ears of the people who help run the game. Whether they be mods or GMs. I wanted to state my feelings, not to have my post be drowned by pages of complaining. I'm stating opinion, not complaints. I'm a very forward person when it comes to disappointment, and for once PW has done that so much to me that I need to be heard. I'm sorry for making a new post, but what does it hurt? At least the first thing that people are going to see here is a mature post on why this is disappointing to many of the players on this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    stuff

You can't be "cheated" on something that didn't cost you anything. Also - it's not that hard to make ~6m for the account stash, considering these players have been playing this game for 1 year+.

I don't personally have an account stash stone and have never used real money to buy gold. I don't see the big deal or how it's a conspiracy to make you spend more money. If you don't want to buy the account stash stone, then don't buy it and pretend they never gave you a gift.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    you don't have to pay real money. If you really want the item on a character other than your highest level, then grind the high level character to make the money to buy the gold to buy the stone directly

that is how i got my account stash.. farming.. fair enough this was back before i sickened of tt and before the recent changes - but with the right merchanting it is still possible to play the game with no real cash - things just take longer.

See my join date.. i could be 100+ if i wanted to cash shop my way there, but i would rather take things easy and enjoy the game when i have time, and play on my alts too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    You can't be "cheated" on something that didn't cost you anything. Also - it's not that hard to make ~6m for the account stash, considering these players have been playing this game for 1 year+.

I don't personally have an account stash stone and have never used real money to buy gold. I don't see the big deal or how it's a conspiracy to make you spend more money. If you don't want to buy the account stash stone, then don't buy it and pretend they never gave you a gift.

I'm sorry, but as someone who's already bought the stone long ago, that falls on deaf ears. And as someone who joined one month after this game started, I have to say that, no, for someone who is a casual player, it is NOT easy to make that much money. If it were, I'd have my nix already. Maybe I just suck at the game, but hell. Maybe other people do, too. Doesn't mean we deserve to be teased.

I can't say I remember saying 'cheated', but 'teased'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    you don't have to pay real money. If you really want the item on a character other than your highest level, then grind the high level character to make the money to buy the gold to buy the stone directly

that is how i got my account stash.. farming.. fair enough this was back before i sickened of tt and before the recent changes - but with the right merchanting it is still possible to play the game with no real cash - things just take longer.

See my join date.. i could be 100+ if i wanted to cash shop my way there, but i would rather take things easy and enjoy the game when i have time, and play on my alts too.

Maybe its easy for you to make money on this game, but now I've said multiple times, for some people, it isn't. Sorry for sucking at the game, but no, it wouldn't be easy for me to buy one without spending real money. If I tried to make the money in game, it would take me months. And for the record, I want to state that I don't cash shop to level or get gear. I spend it on things like the account stash, mounts and fashion. And the occasional charm. That's why my main is only level 86. Anything else, I work for in game.

I suppose sucking at getting money in game is the curse of being a casual gamer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    And as someone who joined one month after this game started, I have to say that, no, for someone who is a casual player, it is NOT easy to make that much money. If it were, I'd have my nix already.

5-7mil for a stone =/= 80mil for a Nix.

5-7mil is a lot more reasonable for someone to make within a year. Especially if you're a damn veno of all classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    *snip*

I get where you're coming from - it's free, why complain?
    But it's the principle at work here: "We'll give you something for 'free' but if you want to get any use out of it, you gotta pay."

Whether it's forking up ~6m in coin or $15 in cash is irrelevant, the point is that anyone who just wants to enjoy a gift for what it is, (and doesn't already have a stash stone) is getting the shaft here.

The point that stash stones are awesome and do so many amazing things for your account (at least within the same server) is irrelevant to the argument. Should everyone have one anyway? Probably. Hell, IMO it should just be a basic function of the game, rather than paid feature. But it's not about the account stash, it's about people getting the short end of the stick for not paying for [item].
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    5-7mil for a stone =/= 80mil for a Nix.

5-7mil is a lot more reasonable for someone to make within a year. Especially if you're a damn veno of all classes.

So you're suggesting people spend another year saving up the money to get a stone. HAHA! Real cute of you.

Or maybe you think people never spend money as they go. I've had my moments with plenty of in game coin, but it can go fast. Trust me. And noone knew long enough beforehand that they would have to pay to get a gift mount to another character. No time to save up that money even if they felt it was fair that that's what they'd have to do to get the mount where they want it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedLynx - Lost City
    RedLynx - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Why would veterans need 2 anniversary mounts in the same character? b:puzzled
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Why would veterans need 2 anniversary mounts in the same character? b:puzzled

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.