class act lawsuit for all venos with a herc

Options

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Silly Hamster, you think people actually kill monsters outside of instances? What are you smoking?

b:cute
    Guess you never did any of your culti and are still stuck with 1 spark and next to no skills thenb:puzzled
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    while your at it, go sue McDs cause it made u fat

I almost choked on my coffee b:chuckle
    ...Didn't people actually win cases like that (McDonalds that is)? b:chuckle

Some lady won millions because she spilled her coffee on her and she was burnt...ffs -.-

ITS COFFEE...b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Last time i checked, that was pretty much the main reason =\

i know its the only reason the majority get it is for PK, but it i know of ppl who get it who don't pk and use it as a DD when someone else is tanking [events, bosses outside instances, etc] or to kill mobs faster for quests
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Guess you never did any of your culti and are still stuck with 1 spark and next to no skills thenb:puzzled

Oh, but I e-mailed the GMs and got a special Cultivation Sphere mailed to me, it gave me these pebbles that I click on and get cultivations done. /sarcasm

If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I almost choked on my coffee b:chuckle

Some lady won millions because she spilled her coffee on her and she was burnt...ffs -.-

Not to mention the fact that all hot coffee cups must now have a printed warning that the hot coffee inside is, in fact...hot. b:embarrass
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Not to mention the fact that all hot coffee cups must now have a printed warning that the hot coffee inside is, in fact...hot. b:embarrass

:o You learn something new every day eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:angry k this has me realy angry with the new TT the way it is uve made my spending over 200 dollars for the entire purpose of getting this pet worthless. No veno and i mean NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO veno gets a herc for any other reason other than to solo farm TT the pet has no purpose for anything other than that.

I am currently seeking legal advice on how about getting this started. I know this has been done with MMO's in the past one person recieved 30,000 us dollars from a gaming company that ran an mmo almost just like this one over he had spent a 1,000 dollars on his characters then they released a patch/update making all of the things he had spent his money for worthless.

It has been done and its not impossible even by their tos if they sell a product and the product has a specific purpose and it fulfills that purpose there isnt a problem but if they some how make that product not functional to its sole purpose by their doing the product should either be replaced or made to function as it was intended to at time of said purchase or refunded. i will update more on this once aware of how to get this started from legal aid.

LAWL

Actually, I'm a German Law student and I've studied enough to answer this question in terms of how it'd be under German Law. Care to hear it?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I still think the best frivolous lawsuit of all time to be that woman who mistook cruise control for an auto-pilot...
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Actually, I'm a German Law student and I've studied enough to answer this question in terms of how it'd be under German Law. Care to hear it?

Oh god please yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LAWL

sounds epic. do tell.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Can we all sue the OP for lowering the IQ of the forum ? ( well lower than it normally is )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the OP is probably mentally unstable. IRL pple usually stay away from these sort of absurd tards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I only briefly skimmed this thread past the first post but not only did I get a herc for things other than TT, but I never once solo farmed 3-X for anything. Infact, I detest the entire idea of solo farming TT and refuse to do it.

The entire idea of a class action lawsuit because you can no longer do something in a game which has a dynamic environment is laughable. Infact, there's really one of two outcomes to the whole thing:
    1. You bought a herc specifically to farm TT and made back what you spent. Grats, you got a herc and it paid for itself. What is there to complain about?

2. You bought a herc specifically to farm TT and you didn't make back what you spent. If this is the case, maybe you should have thought about the investment a little more?
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ...Didn't people actually win cases like that (McDonalds that is)? b:chuckle
    The famous "McDonald's made me fat" case got thrown out of court. The judge ruled that the court is not responsible for people's excesses.

To be fair, if coffee is hot enough to give you third degree burns, it's too hot.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hercs can still tank TTs, get more venoes to team up instead of QQing about not being able to solo TTs anymore.

Besides... pets aren't really needed for most things anyways cause you can manage without one b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh, but I e-mailed the GMs and got a special Cultivation Sphere mailed to me, it gave me these pebbles that I click on and get cultivations done. /sarcasm

Lmao

/5
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah it sucks if you spend 60-90 mil in-game coins thinking you where gonna solo 3-1 and suddenly you cant.

However its not really a veno issue. Loads of people spent millions on their chars gear so they could solo 3-X and now they will get 1-3 shot. Pretty sure all the interval builds spent far more than the value of a herc. I'm sure they want money back to...

God knows my archers gear is probably worth around 1 billion or more. My venos shiet herc is worth maybe 80 mil today (was like 20 mil when i got it) but still the pet is nothing in comparisons to the value peoples gear. Neither my archer or my herc can solo Beast, Emp, Armageddon, Steelation now btw. My archer cant even tank majority of those bosses anymore unless i wanna waste an entire gold charm, and have 2 clerics and billion of immune pots and a bit of luck. So yeah we all have to suck it up, not just venos.

You can still solo loads of bosses with a herc. The ones you cant solo, well others cant either anymore. Its pretty fair in a sad way, we all got equally screwed b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Your argument holds no water when you consider what I have just said. You were not forced to buy a Hercules, nor was your Hercules a guaranteed ticket to farming Twilight Temple squad mode on your own. And yes I'm going to keep putting squad mode in emphasis for a reason. No lawyer would take your case even if they were mentally deranged; they wouldn't win it.

Actually, there could be grounds for a class action lawsuit somewhere in all the recent changes.

By actually spending money, depending on your state of residence, you *may* have consumer law that might protect you. I really don't know much about California consumer protection law, but it stands to reason that if you have dumped a considerable amount of money that you have a fair right to expect that there aren't any significant and dramatic changes which may affect the value of the money you have spent and if it were to completely devalue it, you might actually be able to have this claim heard without it being thrown out.

You would have to prove that they maliciously or deliberately changed or altered the game so that your purchase was made absolutely worthless, and you would also have to prove that it affects you on a level more than I would think it actually does, but the basis for a claim could be made.

Of course, this is a silly freaking game. If you're so upset that you would sue a game company, you have greater issues than just not being able to solo 3-1 anymore.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:angry k this has me realy angry with the new TT the way it is uve made my spending over 200 dollars for the entire purpose of getting this pet worthless. No veno and i mean NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO veno gets a herc for any other reason other than to solo farm TT the pet has no purpose for anything other than that.

I am currently seeking legal advice on how about getting this started. I know this has been done with MMO's in the past one person recieved 30,000 us dollars from a gaming company that ran an mmo almost just like this one over he had spent a 1,000 dollars on his characters then they released a patch/update making all of the things he had spent his money for worthless.

It has been done and its not impossible even by their tos if they sell a product and the product has a specific purpose and it fulfills that purpose there isnt a problem but if they some how make that product not functional to its sole purpose by their doing the product should either be replaced or made to function as it was intended to at time of said purchase or refunded. i will update more on this once aware of how to get this started from legal aid.

LOL. All I can say is that I hope you have found a new permanent game to go to. I dont think this is gonna sit well at all.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You would have to prove that they maliciously or deliberately changed or altered the game so that your purchase was made absolutely worthless, and you would also have to prove that it affects you on a level more than I would think it actually does, but the basis for a claim could be made.

^ This

The purchase is not worthless b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I forgot to say that people say venoes are nothing w/o pets (hercs / nix dependents mostly), please uninstall, and go play wow or learn how to play. You fail worse than assassins not knowing how to play without that stupid stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hah! Since I bought it with ingame coins from grinding my only regret is for wasting time. But then again I don't play much so I don't care. I can understand other people's frustration though. I'm glad I managed to get my gear before TT got messed up. A pity really, I enjoyed solo-ing TTs. It was a good way to make some coins. It's like I have nothing to do in this game anymore.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ^ This

The purchase is not worthless b:surrender

Yeah, no matter what the TOS or EULA actually says, by spending real money, you do have rights as a consumer. Expecting service to continue and expecting that any major changes or updates would not substantially affect game play are two issues I can see as grounds.

As to what you can actually do about it or how much money you're willing to spend to pursue it is a different matter altogether. You could win, or it could just be thrown out as just another a frivolous suit. I don't think so though. I'm actually fairly certain a competent lawyer could push this... but what's the point? It's a freaking game.

Oh, BTW...

IBTL
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    what is this about? herc can still tank many TTs. u can still do all of 1-x, most of 2-x, and only like 2-3 bosses u CANT do in 3-x. im happy that i have the ability to solo that many bosses. just do what everyone else does, kill bosses u DONT need, sell that item, then buy the items u DO need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi, I have both a Herc and a Nix. No, I didn't get the herc to solo tt. I don't even especially like tt. I am basically a solo player, I got these to make my soloing easier. In that respect, they do exactly as intended. The herc is great with his health and defenses, the nix is great for quickly killing mobs.

Although you may have gotten your herc for the express reason to solo tt, you can't speak for all venos. Where you generalize and speak for all venos and why they decided on a herc for a pet, you just err.

This seems to be just another in a long line of complaining posts. I, for one, really enjoy this game. I play daily. But, where forums used to be kind of fun to read, they no longer are. No matter what the pwi staff does, a bunch of people come on here and write pages and pages of complaints. It wouldn't at all matter what they did, someone would be unhappy. For the last year this trend has become more the way the forums have gone.

When I log into the game, I see lots of people playing, I see loads of catshops in arch. I see the duke shouting constantly about what people are getting in the packs. So, to me this means lots of people are still playing and enjoying the game and the so-called hated packs are being bought by the bunch.

If the complainers would just play and enjoy it or MOVE ON, these forums may again be a "good read"

I am sorry that the original poster is so upset, but no one promised you a rose garden, along with the sunshine....................

Bunella b:victory
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dtz wrote: »
    To be fair, if coffee is hot enough to give you third degree burns, it's too hot.

Technically speaking, second degree burns could only occur under circumstances outside the caterer's control, as any healthy person coming in contact with boiling water would immediately move in such a fashion so as to minimize contact with the mass of liquid required to produce such damage. Even in the case of disabled persons, third degree burns would be very unlikely... Negligence here would be incurred by the party responsable for the victim's well being. The McDonald's case, if i remember correctly, was settled precisely to avoid any ruling that could result in undue liability for this sort of establishments.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just wrote a WALL about the case according to German Law and the PW forums didn't post it properly.

Now I gotta go be emo.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

http://www.caoc.com/CA/index.cfm?event=showPage&pg=facts

Yeah, she should have been more careful with it since it's still ****ing hot but McDonald's knowingly kept their coffee at an undrinkable (and, as amusing as it is to say this about COFFEE of all things, dangerous) temperature so customer's would get their orders and get the **** out so they can move onto the next ****.
    I still think the best frivolous lawsuit of all time to be that woman who mistook cruise control for an auto-pilot...

If you're talking about the person who turned on cruise control and went to the back to make himself a sandwich then that never happened. Google 'Stella Awards' for some more funny and completely false lawsuits.

*shrugs*

People repeat the 2 stories above (and several similar ones) all the time but so few know the actual facts (or lack of facts as the case often is).

I'm guessing OP was counting on seemingly idiotic lawsuits such as the 2 above being some hope that her's also has some chance of winning but since I've established that in the first stupid jury case there actually was something more substantial than just 'I spilled coffee on myself' and the second case is pure BS then we can safely assume that OP's lawsuit has absolutely no chance of winning. Oh, it might make it pretty far just so people can laugh at his/her stupidity but there's no way it would go through.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just wrote a WALL about the case according to German Law and the PW forums didn't post it properly.

Now I gotta go be emo.

And that's why long posts are always copied from notepad b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options

Now I gotta go be emo.

Next time you write something large like that, write it in MS Word or another word processor then copy and paste it here. That way, if it goofs up, you still have it and can try again.
    ~Spazz~
This discussion has been closed.