class act lawsuit for all venos with a herc

Options

Comments

• Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They only went through with it to save the monies.
    b:avoid
    Gives them an excuse to has tiny portions (means they can charge moar for less and people can't complain)
    b:chuckle

b:laugh thats the thing with most class action lawsuits though theyre typically settled out of court merely because it costs the company as a whole a whole lot less than it would take to tie it up in court for a year for the individual to run out of money and why u now see the fat content% on ur cheeseburger wrappers or whatever health facts it is the argument was made that they became obeist because they had no information providing the health qualities of theyre product which was the basis of the case in the first place.

ive seen a story where a man in arizona was having his store broken into night after night so eventually he took the initiative and released live rattle snakes within his store and put a sign in the window stating so. sure enough a person broke was bit and died the man was sued because the sign wasnt in spanish and they won.

another case ive seen is a man in tenessee is on death row in tenessee they still had death by hanging as an option to say the chair or lethal injection. while the man was in jail waiting for his time he would purchase numerous amounts of snack foods from a vending machine and eventually gained so much weight that if they were to hang him as his weight it would decapatate the man making it an inhumane death they couldnt not actually put the man to death and was forced to stay on death row. this is why theyve taken things like this out of prison as well. theres a way to argue every case depending on the reasons for ur case anything is possible.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    theres a way to argue every case depending on the reasons for ur case anything is possible.

Bingo!
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You're looking at this as a product case. I'm looking at this as a service case. PWI actually doesn't provide you with a tangible product, so your argument will most likely fail.

The viability of a case isn't determined by what you are suing for, it's the direction of the argument that will either win or lose the case.

The TOS or EULA doesn't really matter. It cannot affect or negate existing law. That's going into contractual, not consumer law. It could say that if you don't play on Friday at 1am every week they can come to your house and re-arrange your furniture.

This is fun cause I think it's helping me notice differences in American/German law. xD

A service case under German law is more or less similar.

Now I'm curious: is a cab service and a bus service treated as the same kind of service in the US? And what's prostitution considered?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Prostitution is considered illegal.

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is fun cause I think it's helping me notice differences in American/German law. xD

A service case under German law is more or less similar.

Now I'm curious: is a cab service and a bus service treated as the same kind of service in the US? And what's prostitution considered?

Constitutional Law has always been my favorite, I've helped a few law enforcement agencies as well as helped my countiy's District Attorney's office in a few matters, though I'm not a lawyer, I was pretty heavily involved in one industries technical legal concerns enough to qualify as an expert witness.

As far as I'm aware Public Transit is owned by the local or regional government and a taxi cab would be a private operator. They both provide services. I lol'd at your question about prostitutes... Loltank answered before I could. haha Prostitution is an illegal service. Of course, it could provide a product. One that you don't want. One that you REALLY don't want. lol

Prostitution is considered illegal.

:P

I almost inhaled my iced tea! b:laugh
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    We has no "laws"
    so this be amusing to me.
    ^.^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheyenne2k9
    cheyenne2k9 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL good luck with that
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    prostitution is legal in nevada, outside of vegas.

as i stated earlier, the legal theories you would be looking under are "detrimental reliance" and "unjust enrichment" quasi-contractual theories, if you sue based on the actual contract, you're almost guaranteed to fail.

the theories i've offered will also likely result in failure, but it could be fun to argue at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rikkai - Sanctuary
    Rikkai - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    See this is why herc-less venos are amazing b:cool I spent no monies on game and I still smoosh yew
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Lol dont you just love those random stalkerish guys~b:shocked
    edited September 2010
    Options
    prostitution is legal in nevada, outside of vegas.

as i stated earlier, the legal theories you would be looking under are "detrimental reliance" and "unjust enrichment" quasi-contractual theories, if you sue based on the actual contract, you're almost guaranteed to fail.

the theories i've offered will also likely result in failure, but it could be fun to argue at least.

I wish I had a better understanding of civil/consumer/corporate/cotnractual law to take the topic further... but I'm not about to search histories or learn code. I really know little outside of my specific area. b:surrender

See this is why herc-less venos are amazing b:cool I spent no monies on game and I still smoosh yew

I'll never get a herc... but I do badly want a nix. My veno is 89 and still has a bee. QQ
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    We has no "laws"
    so this be amusing to me.
    ^.^

Please...no. We had enough. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rikkai - Sanctuary
    Rikkai - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    omgeeee I want nix too :D Im currently saving feathers and I have grand total of : 0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Lol dont you just love those random stalkerish guys~b:shocked
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Apparently it's way over your head again.

I'll explain more simply so you can better understand.

The title of the post is "class act lawsuit for all venos with a herc".

I agree the OP's point is horribly failed and I briefly addressed that.

I merely said that a case *could* be made, and stated why.

Read my sig. It's all yours.
    /facepalm

Any case *CAN* be made. If you had read more carefully you would have noticed i said nothing about the fact that it *CANNOT* be made a case.
    I merely stated what the difference was and the failure of the options regardless being carried out or not.
    Have i explained it simple enough for you? Your trying to argue with me about something i didnt even mention because you automatically get defensive seeing the word "fail" in your quoted post.

You should read more carefully before you start sounding like that unnamed idiot in your own sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2010
    Options
    /facepalm

Any case *CAN* be made. If you had read more carefully you would have noticed i said nothing about the fact that it *CANNOT* be made a case.
    I merely stated what the difference was and the failure of the options regardless being carried out or not.
    Have i explained it simple enough for you? Your trying to argue with me about something i didnt even mention because you automatically get defensive seeing the word "fail" in your quoted post.

You should read more carefully before you start sounding like that unnamed idiot in your own sig.

Oh, so you're both a judge and the jury? Hmm... interesting.

This isn't People's Court... why don't you go back into your room and make some more half-assed drawings on your Etch-a-Sketch.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh, so you're both a judge and the jury? Hmm... interesting.

This isn't People's Court... why don't you go back into your room and make some more half-assed drawings on your Etch-a-Sketch.
    now you just sound sore cause you can't admit you were arguing about something that wasnt even said. very unattractive.... if your gonna argue on the forums this much, you should at least be able to admit your mistakes if you read something wrong, rather than trying to sound smart and changing the subject.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2010
    Options
    now you just sound sore cause you can't admit you were arguing about something that wasnt even said. very unattractive.... if your gonna argue on the forums this much, you should at least be able to admit your mistakes if you read something wrong, rather than trying to sound smart and changing the subject.

I'm throwing rocks at a brick wall. No matter how hard I try, it's not gonna make any difference.

I sound sore? Contradict yourself much? Who was it saying about some receding hairline? Sorry, I have a full head of hair that's probably longer and more healthy than yours.

I didn't read anything wrong, what I was saying just went over your head. I'm sorry, if you don't understand something it's pretty clear that it can't be repetitively pounded into your head. Stupid is as stupid does, and in your case it's certain.

b:bye
  • Affy - Sanctuary
    Affy - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Keep laughing all u want guys, but he is correct!
    I think he was trying to use generic termnology. And for all of us veno's, who have spent $1000's, to make our character you might want to carefully rethink this person's remark and not laugh.
    And to make matters worse, consider this thought.

Veno's are not needed in the game anymore. Seems to me they are slowly but surely giving our jobs away as a support DD.

I copied this list of veno's job's, from a sticky here at our forum

Basically a veno's job in squad is:

- Pulling/Luring bosses or mobs.
    *note this as #1 in the list of what our job is. now genie's can lure, everyone has a genie, they don't need us veno's anymore for that!

- Keeping the boss debuffed with amplify damage (although don't use it when you know some bosses with nasty AOE can kill you)
    *clerics also have these skills and genies do too!

- Brambling the tank
    ohhh here a veno's job!

- Sending sparks to the tank or cleric (after cleric uses BB or RB)
    ohhh here another veno's job sending people in the squade sparks! lmfao

- Purging the boss
    and die doing it!

- DDing, of course
    last but not least!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I would say most Venos got a Herc to get into squads easier as a lot of them look for Herc Venos.Good Luck with your lawsuit and btw booking the courtroom cost more than 100.000.000 Hercs or 1 Mil.

I like my coffee hot and oh those McD. fries are still good when freshly cooked as to no saturated fats being used.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I like my coffee hot and oh those McD. fries are still good when freshly cooked as to no saturated fats being used.

Sometimes you can still find a place that makes fries with lard. Talk about crispy crunchy fries that don't go stale or get soggy. b:surrender
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    roflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm throwing rocks at a brick wall. No matter how hard I try, it's not gonna make any difference.

I sound sore? Contradict yourself much? Who was it saying about some receding hairline? Sorry, I have a full head of hair that's probably longer and more healthy than yours.

I didn't read anything wrong, what I was saying just went over your head. I'm sorry, if you don't understand something it's pretty clear that it can't be repetitively pounded into your head. Stupid is as stupid does, and in your case it's certain.

b:bye
    I merely stated a fact that you misinterpreted and now your refusing to admit you did, pretending to sound like thers actually more to it than a simple misread.
    Yes, you sound sore, like you dont want to admit you misinterpreted things to avoid yourself embarrassment.

Way before you use to post some very good points and what not. Nowadays im starting to see more and more of your posts just filled with sarcasm and belittlement, especially when pple point out something that is 1) opposite of what you said and 2) correct you. And some of them even start out neutral too. When asterelle pointed that out, i kinda ignored that cause you were a long time poster and gave you the benefit of the doubt. Now i kinda see what he was saying first hand.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Way before you use to post some very good points and what not. Nowadays im starting to see more and more of your posts just filled with sarcasm and belittlement, especially when pple point out something that is 1) opposite of what you said and 2) correct you. And some of them even start out neutral too. When asterelle pointed that out, i kinda ignored that cause you were a long time poster and gave you the benefit of the doubt. Now i kinda see what he was saying first hand.

*sigh*

No, the point you and most people seem to not be able to differentiate in this discussion is the fact that I am not arguing for or against a product, i.e. the herc, I'm providing the alternative argument about the service actually being provided. That is what you failed to grasp.

I still think anyone who thinks they're going to sue a game company is a moron.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sometimes you can still find a place that makes fries with lard. Talk about crispy crunchy fries that don't go stale or get soggy. b:surrender

Yes but I like to watch my cholesterol.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes but I like to watch my cholesterol.

I really don't eat fried foods, either... but they're so amazing like that.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Personally, I'd wish the OP good luck and hope he/she goes through with it. Hopefully, this might make gaming companies sit up and take notice and realise they can't hide behind their ToS and EULAs while implementing all sorts of screwed up changes as and when they deem fit even if its detrimental to the majority of the gaming population.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *sigh*

No, the point you and most people seem to not be able to differentiate in this discussion is the fact that I am not arguing for or against a product, i.e. the herc, I'm providing the alternative argument about the service actually being provided. That is what you failed to grasp.

......um yeah... and i responded pretty much 'what a fail it would be still' [insert diff.] if it were so. (like that McDs case someone posted they won, but it still doesnt change the fact that its REALLY dumb) ..................And then you blew the context out of proportion....criticizing everything cause it sure didnt sound neutral
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ......um yeah... and i responded pretty much 'what a fail it would be still' [insert diff.] if it were so. (like that McDs case someone posted they won, but it still doesnt change the fact that its REALLY dumb) ..................And then you blew the context out of proportion....criticizing everything cause it sure didnt sound neutral

"McDs" actually be the winner in those cases.
    b:chuckle
    That woman who burned herself and most of the fat people be too inferior to hang onto the wealth and "McDs" saves moar monies by winning.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options

Do I really need to requote your entire first response to me? What kind of brilliant Sherlock Holmes moment did you have thinking that trying to argue what I even called a bad analogy in the first place is even remotely intelligent? So I ignored that and responded to your post as it applied to the context of mine. Really, does it take a master's degree in Land Management to know I preemptively put the whole basis of your orinal disagreement in the trash heap before you even started? Put on the dunce hat and lets do the time warp. :P

This is somewhat of a bad analogy, but I'll proceed anyways. :P

You buy a new truck. You take it in for a recall or an electronics update. When you originally bought the truck, you were getting 40 mpg. Now you're only getting 35 mpg directly because of the update. Of course your car still drives fine. It still takes you to work, brings home your groceries, etc... but you no longer get the gas mileage that you expected. You have a case. You will most likely win.

Of course, this is from my limited knowledge of how California consumer law works, not German law. I'm pretty sure we have the most strict consumer law protections of any country. I could be mistaken though.
    see the diff. is there was

- nothing done to the herc itself
    - PWI did not state herc was sold for a specific dungeon run
    - it was the community that named herc into a 'TT soloer' because it could, not because it was intended for that purpose.

See the part in bold? I state it's a bad analogy, but you chose to quote it anyway (as well as removed it). What's the point of even arguing? I dismissed this as stupidity on your part. Why is your point to pointing out a bad argument in a bad analogy? Do you get that? How can you not understand? Really.... are you really this stupid?

As to the rest of your comments to my post...

"-nothing done to herc itself"
    Duh, I stated this twice before you replied... why are you reiterating something I already stated as fact?

"-PWI did not state herc was sold for a specfic dungeon run" That doesn't matter. I wasn't arguing that the herc was a product that you received. I didn't argue that the herc had a specific intended use that had been changed. Fail more please?

- it was the community that named herc into a 'TT soloer' because it could, not because it was intended for that purpose. Who cares? That has nothing to do with my point at all. I'm not arguing this, I didn't even mention it you moron.

None of what you wrote was even in proper context to what I had said. That's why I said, you didn't even get it.

Guess what? You didn't.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *sigh*

Eh, ignore the ignorant troll.

One solid explination is usually enough. If they can't grasp it by the second attempt, then you're just feeding the troll. And feeding trolls makes them fat. ijs
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:angry k this has me realy angry with the new TT the way it is uve made my spending over 200 dollars for the entire purpose of getting this pet worthless. No veno and i mean NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO veno gets a herc for any other reason other than to solo farm TT the pet has no purpose for anything other than that.

I am currently seeking legal advice on how about getting this started. I know this has been done with MMO's in the past one person recieved 30,000 us dollars from a gaming company that ran an mmo almost just like this one over he had spent a 1,000 dollars on his characters then they released a patch/update making all of the things he had spent his money for worthless.

It has been done and its not impossible even by their tos if they sell a product and the product has a specific purpose and it fulfills that purpose there isnt a problem but if they some how make that product not functional to its sole purpose by their doing the product should either be replaced or made to function as it was intended to at time of said purchase or refunded. i will update more on this once aware of how to get this started from legal aid.
    Jack Thompson I'm sure would gladly help you in your mindless and silly endeavor. Contact him. It's about as plausible as PWI allowing a topic on their own forums to go on about how to sue them for pointless and frivolous ****.
This discussion has been closed.