Whats your build? come and be counted. (POLL)

Comments

• _Seadrop - Heavens Tear
    _Seadrop - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    With relation to the Knockback question, levelling it does not cripple your archer... it does make grinding/questing a bit less efficient though. Something you'll likely regret, but also get over ;)

Back at playing?b:victory
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sortof/Kindof~ ;)
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • _Seadrop - Heavens Tear
    _Seadrop - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sortof/Kindof~ ;)

Welcome back then b:cute
  • SoulSilencer - Lost City
    SoulSilencer - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My archer is only lvl 13, but so far just like with my other characters, going absalute pure, only enough str for weapons, and no mag or vit on my archer (Same as my assassin) I was glad to hear archers gain more range, as a real life archer it sicked me to think they would leave it at 20 meters (which would be pretty useless as wizzards and clerics get that kinda range).
    A simple slip, a single mistake, one uncontrolled thought, or the slightest sound, and you fail.

However, if you move in silence, know your powers and weaknesses, be prapared for anything, always know your surroundings, never cast a shadow, know how to wait yet be ready to jump when the time is right.

You may survive, to be a master of swift death, and a chief of all that is unseen. Never let your pride be stronger than your brain, nor let your anger be your drive, or you will fail. And most importantly remember this, a good assassin is not the one who is well known, or credited with their doings. It is the one who is unknown, and never credited for either right or wrong.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hybrid for me with some vit added.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • yuckfu
    yuckfu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm Pure :)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    These are my stats 33vit,47str,3mag168dex. at lvl 46.I was told that is good for my lvl by an experienced archer.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My archer is only lvl 13, but so far just like with my other characters, going absalute pure, only enough str for weapons, and no mag or vit on my archer (Same as my assassin) I was glad to hear archers gain more range, as a real life archer it sicked me to think they would leave it at 20 meters (which would be pretty useless as wizzards and clerics get that kinda range).

Light Armor actually has higher strength requirements than the bows themselves do. Sure, it's possible to go "hyper-pure" by basically not wearing armor, or wearing armor of significantly lower grade, but your survivability will be terrible should anything actually hit you.

As for range, this game suffers terribly from Short Range Long Range Weapon.

Disclaimer: The above poster disclaims all responsibility for time lost due to browsing TVTropes.
  • sircore
    sircore Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well this helped me really. I am new to the game and I have always loved playing the archer in games. Spent alot of time thinking of what was really the best build to use. Maybe now i can actually start my character. hahaha.
    I am a newb. Everyone was at somepoint. So bare with me if I ask stupid questions.
  • Elyiawatson - Sanctuary
    Elyiawatson - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    HA with TT99.
    "It sucks for you when they run up close eh?"
    "No then I just punch them."
    "Why? You're an archer."
    "It's cheaper."
    "What if they run away?"
    "I'll shoot them."
    "You're just lazy."
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I recently joined the popular trend of archers who restat to use lunar claws (146 str).

I guess that makes me melee variant? Ehh..

I lost 5% damage, and 2% crit. The extra STR allows me to wear the tournament helm so I was able to get 1% crit back.

Anyway it certainly adds a lot more variety to the gameplay. The DPS is amazing and building chi now happens very quickly. It is an ideal build for Nirvana and it seems I more or less match the DPS of comparably equipped fist BMs.

It is obviously most useful on bosses or high HP mobs but you are going to have to be prepared to tank every boss since no aggro skill can hold up against 60K dps. Bosses tend to hit much harder in melee than ranged. Instead of a longer fight that is easy to tank, you have short fights where the boss hits much harder.

The thing I find most useful for particularly hard-hitting bosses is "Dew of Star Protection". This raises my physical defense to 28K for like 20seconds which is plenty of time for most bosses. At 5a/s you can demon spark as early as every 12seconds. This means you can spend 3seconds of every 15 invulnerable which helps survivability (though obviously not as much as sage spark).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ReD_VoId - Sanctuary
    ReD_VoId - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i mostly use pure .....4dex 1str but sometimes put 1vit on. Love my archer
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    alot of u are proud to be pure but am a half hybrid archer and i pwn every pure archer my level that i have faught.... until a pure archer beats me i cannot see pure dex archers as being the best right now.....

Wow.. just no lol. yes you may pwn archers that are pure... if they dont 1 shot you, but try killing a barb with a charm now im pretty sure your damage is so low you cant even touch him ^^
  • josh1192
    josh1192 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im just curious what is the point in adding 4 dex and 1 str. i understand the str but what does the dex do
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Necro -(\-
    Dexterity adds damage and increses your critical hit rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • josh1192
    josh1192 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i just added 8 dex and it didnt change my damage at all
  • Im_A_Healer - Dreamweaver
    Im_A_Healer - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Although i don't have an archer im thinking of starting one on a forced pvp server and he's definentaly going to be PURE. Bwahahahaha. Ill Pwn Everyone! b:victory b:laugh
    Im_A_Healer - level 67 cleric : retired
    Elamdrae - level 51 wizard : active
    Peilius - level 14 assassin : active
    Kirviuks - level 53 blademaster : retired

And many others...

At least 2 of each class...
  • Warmheart - Archosaur
    Warmheart - Archosaur Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Get rdy to be owned by psychics and sins.
    I dont like archer and unless u put about 200$ on him he will suck endgame.

@OP
    If u r not pure u are on a fail choo-choo-train.
    If u r sage u are on a fail choo-choo-train.
    Even thought I heard about two or three non fail sage hybrids b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fail Archer with no bow.
  • ACherryTree - Archosaur
    ACherryTree - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm a pure archer, but I accidentally added 1 point to vit a long time ago. Am I a bad person? :(
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Cherry, no - I added 4 points lol
    Anyway, I`m also going for the pure build and because of the 4 vit points my str is only +1 compared to my lvl
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My 31 archer has 20 vit rest is 1 str 4 dex is that 15 points in vit going to mess him up that much?
    I've survived longer then my whole squad when the tank was new and didn't understand aggro. D:<

Since I was was the only ranged class other then the cleric I saw everyone get wiped so I ran took some damage but I didn't die.
    b:bye
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My 31 archer has 20 vit rest is 1 str 4 dex is that 15 points in vit going to mess him up that much?
    I've survived longer then my whole squad when the tank was new and didn't understand aggro. D:<

Since I was was the only ranged class other then the cleric I saw everyone get wiped so I ran took some damage but I didn't die.
    b:bye

You'll be fine.
  • Opalmist - Heavens Tear
    Opalmist - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not many heavy armor archers I see...... I feel lonely b:sad
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    Qqarrowqq - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Mixed build fails, you want to add magic on your archer? You fail completely. Your not a caster class

Hybrid? for what? Adding stats in VIT is a waste of stat points, killing your chances of killing faster for 13 HP?

HEAVY ARMOR? OK ARE YOU STUPID?
    YOUR NO TANK, STOP TRYING TO BE ONE

pure dex is the winner, we are DDs, what's next? Sage fail chars? LMFAO, Here is my build

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f544328f0e58aabc
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lol I love your ruby shard.
  • Opalmist - Heavens Tear
    Opalmist - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2010

HEAVY ARMOR? OK ARE YOU STUPID?
    YOUR NO TANK, STOP TRYING TO BE ONE

[/url]

WHY YES I AM.

b:shutup

And your lvl 1.....
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    Qqarrowqq - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    why Yes I Am.

B:shutup

and Your Lvl 1.....

pve Server YOUR ON, Pvp Have Harder Difficulty, Jack You
  • Katsu_Hikari - Lost City
    Katsu_Hikari - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My Archer's base stats (w/ equip on). He is level 21.

Vit: 18
    Str: 36
    Mag: 8
    Dex: 64

What kind of build would this mean? IDK, I'm kind of new at this.
  • galilson
    galilson Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Umm... i was playin hibrid till lvl15 ... like concentrating on strength .... but from lvl15 up to current lvl24 im pure dex.
    Wonder why Neverwinter staff dont like me >;O
  • playmepleaze
    playmepleaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Pure
    Well I guess Hybrid for the first 4 lvls before I stumbled onto Annor's guide. Pure Dex since then. So i have like 10 in vit.
    Thanks for all the help Annor. I must say I was spoiled going with archer first and having a guide such as this. I have since started an alt and cannot find another guide comparable to Annors guide. I am going to need Annor to play all the other classes and make more guides, or else there is going to be several total noob characters running across PWI aimlessly.
This discussion has been closed.