State of the Game - DQ Price

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Typical loot results:

http://yfrog.com/mi20100820204516p

DQ is so rare and amounts to very little of actual loot.
    • If DQ nerf was an issue, why are people leaving coin laying around?
    • If DQ nerf was an issue, why do people not pick up coin left laying around?
    • +30 atk level = far more profit per effort from grinding than DQ nerf did away with
    • There are many other ways to make coin than DQ
    • DQ can be sold for more than NPC and can be used for dragon quests

DQ nerfing is a non issue. Go back to playing the game and ignoring the bugs.
  • siasio89
    siasio89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    DQ item price reduction is unfair to new players becouse it was a main source of coins for them. Now players can not afford new skills or middle equipment. They have to buy and sell Gold but this is not a longterm option. I can buy ocassionaly Gold but this can not be the only way to make coins. It's just unfair because this should be free mmo, and free mmo are not so good as mmo with monthly payment.
    The argument: "As some of you may know, botting and gold-farming is a huge issue in their version. In order to put a damper on this type of activity, the DQ vendor price reduction(...)" is unreasonable becouse this kind of activity is a part of MMO games, even World of Wardcraft can not successfully fight with this. So why the normal players from USA, Europe have to pay for bad players in China?
    Don t punish normal players for your problem in China!
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    siasio89 wrote: »
    DQ item price reduction is unfair to new players becouse it was a main source of coins for them.

This is very far from true. DQ is a small fraction and 20% is a small fraction of that.
    Now players can not afford new skills or middle equipment.

This is very far from true. TB's get weapon mold quests and the rest get rewards from supply stash. Something many of us didn't have the luxury of.
    They have to buy and sell Gold but this is not a longterm option.

This is very far from true.
    I can buy ocassionaly Gold but this can not be the only way to make coins.

Good thing there are many other ways.
    It's just unfair because this should be free mmo, and free mmo are not so good as mmo with monthly payment

It is free. If it's not fair, it's not fair to those of us who had to work harder for things in the past.
    The argument: "As some of you may know, botting and gold-farming is a huge issue in their version.

It is on ours too.
    In order to put a damper on this type of activity, the DQ vendor price reduction(...)" is unreasonable becouse this kind of activity is a part of MMO games, even World of Wardcraft can not successfully fight with this. So why the normal players from USA, Europe have to pay for bad players in China?
    Don t punish normal players for your problem in China!

Don't punish people just cause they live in China.

The whole QQ over DQ is BS.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hard cap on the gold prices = people selling gold outside the auction house.

Something easily preventable by making cash items untradable. Force everyone to use the gold trader.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • trogdoretheberninator
    trogdoretheberninator Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ok this is my problome. There are to many negative changes to the game and thats whats making every one upset and making people rage quite the game. if positive changes to the game were made u could keep people form quitting the game. u could do sutch things as holiday gifts, make a new class and dont over power this one, or even try some sales on stuff like weding packs or things like that. i belive if u make some positive changes to the game u could even br;ing more people to the game. dont make it worse thats killing the game. if u want to make money make it better more people will come to the game and more people would stay in the game. or even make male venos or femail barbs that would be a start. untaimed are the only non unisex class u have in the game. just come on people use ur heads before u make changes dont just make changes becase u can.
  • Ladidel - Raging Tide
    Ladidel - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ok this is my problome. There are to many negative changes to the game and thats whats making every one upset and making people rage quite the game. if positive changes to the game were made u could keep people form quitting the game. u could do sutch things as holiday gifts, make a new class and dont over power this one, or even try some sales on stuff like weding packs or things like that. i belive if u make some positive changes to the game u could even br;ing more people to the game. dont make it worse thats killing the game. if u want to make money make it better more people will come to the game and more people would stay in the game. or even make male venos or femail barbs that would be a start. untaimed are the only non unisex class u have in the game. just come on people use ur heads before u make changes dont just make changes becase u can.

Im not agree with you at all. Hurt farming and coins can not be compensated with nothing but give others VERY GOOD AND FUNNY ways to make money IN GAME. And really nothing is as fun as kill difficult mobs to get the drops for get the money. Remember that all can be done with coins and in the end nothing is useful without coins. Besides I wouldnt like have male venos and females barbs (this last would be specially unpleasant). The game is good the way it is; only they need stop ruining it. And come back to the 2x drop rate, come back the past NPC prices for the dq items, come back the old drop rate in Nirvana and come back the TT3X bosses to the normality.

And tweakz dont want to persuade us of stupid things.

If you dont believe that the main source of money, specially until lv60 is the dq items do a poll.

I can tell you that when I was lv4X the 2x drop rate was still active and I did much AoE griding and I could buy a mount of 1,8m and very good gear (I helped myself for this with some zhen too).

I could do 36k free (in average) in 10 minutes of intense AoE grinding only selling the dq drops; and when I say 36k free, I mean after substract the price of the hp and mp powders, the hp pots and the gear reparations, and believe me that I used many many many hp pots.

Tell me please, now how I well geared and skilled lv4X light wizard can do 200k in an hour.

And as if finish the 2x drop rate wasnt enough they dare to harm even more the grinding for money, reducing the prices of the dq items 20%more.

And the impact for this is too much bigger that you imagine because the prices of powders, pots and reparations are the same than before; so now with the sell of dq drops barely can pay the bills and the profit, if there are profit is ridiculous regarding the time and effort.
  • elmwman
    elmwman Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you dont believe that the main source of money, specially until lv60 is the dq items do a poll.

agreed. now im 63 on my new char i made in lc(bored of pve server x.x) and so far i got only 1 59 skill.
    its just impossible to afford them with ingame coins alone.
    and im not willing to cs on a game that forces you to.
    maybe i'll just chill till tera is online.(p2p game but im sure will be cheaper than this "f2p" one)
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    elmwman wrote: »
    agreed. now im 63 on my new char i made in lc(bored of pve server x.x) and so far i got only 1 59 skill.
    its just impossible to afford them with ingame coins alone.
    and im not willing to cs on a game that forces you to.
    maybe i'll just chill till tera is online.(p2p game but im sure will be cheaper than this "f2p" one)

I cant agree more. Same story by me and i quess by everoyne else which dosn't wannt to spend 500 Euro + in month for this game. Impossible to play as far you hit lvl 60. Without my cleric coins, there would be no way to buy my lvl 60 + Fish skills & armors. I'm also waiting on new mmorpgs, don't care if p2p or f2p but PWI is even if they would offer p2p quality, still way to expensive and for f2p it's just ridiculous and nothing else.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    An idea on "compensation":
    Open normal/arch arena. It already works 100% so not much effort involved on your or the devs part.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    volst wrote: »
    An idea on "compensation":
    Open normal/arch arena. It already works 100% so not much effort involved on your or the devs part.

not always true, usually it is the low level DQs for bank quests, I find it pretty rare people actually buying DQs at 41+. It could be just me, but I barely seen people buy 41+ DQs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I know it's not the update you're looking for, but I just wanted y'all to know that something is in the works as we speak.
  • Eril - Raging Tide
    Eril - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I know it's not the update you're looking for, but I just wanted y'all to know that something is in the works as we speak.

Well, it's something I guess.....

At least we know this issue hasn't been abandoned.
    "I'm going to stand here and try to guess how much I'm gonna need to spend on bail by the time someone calls the cops."
    ‎"I'd like to put forward that I'm going to need prior notice if I have to get my hands on anything really illegal."
    "Anderson, don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the entire street."
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Just wish it didn't take so long. Grinding's pretty much all I got left.

With all the 5 aps's out there, I don't get to do TT/Nirvana runs much (if at all) 'cause everyone wants to just breeze through fast.

Grinding up 150mil for all my TT99 mats is more suckage than you can possibly imagine.

Edit: Think I'll start charging to buff Nirvana squads when I'm begged to help open for 2-4 man squads. 150k per person sounds reasonable.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ah thx Frankie.

Well yes its not the update we are waiting for but at least its a uptade saying they have finally found something good.

Hope to see it in the next fex patches :).
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

That's sad, cause the whining about DQ is way over blown. DQ was just a small portion of the income from grinding. On HT, most people leave a larger portion laying on the ground. If people wanted the difference, they could go around picking up unwanted coin in grind spots. Too many are just lazy about holding the pickup button.

Grinding for all your coin? -You're never going to compete with vendors doing that. The people whining I think have no clue that vendors in general are about as rich as cash shoppers in the game. So many get accused of cash shopping that don't.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Zaelmith - Sanctuary
    Zaelmith - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2010

That's sweet, but can we get an ETA or is it too early to tell?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just wish it didn't take so long. Grinding's pretty much all I got left.

With all the 5 aps's out there, I don't get to do TT/Nirvana runs much (if at all) 'cause everyone wants to just breeze through fast.

Grinding up 150mil for all my TT99 mats is more suckage than you can possibly imagine.

Edit: Think I'll start charging to buff Nirvana squads when I'm begged to help open for 2-4 man squads. 150k per person sounds reasonable.
    OMG If you can't go to TT what about mages then? At least you can see how mages has to hard work to make some money.b:chuckle
    5 APS TOTALLY destroyed all the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010

OMG a response took over 2 months but a response i am in shock, check for heart beat i must be dead. b:chuckle

But seriously great to hear cause i need a way to save up money to get my 99 armor so i can survive the 3-1 GBA boss, and be able to help the level appropriate 88-94 faction memebers get thier 90 gear.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    OMG If you can't go to TT what about mages then? At least you can see how mages has to hard work to make some money.b:chuckle

Actually, event gear and the fall of the Lyndura era did that. If Lyndura was still here, we'd be using axes and thinking: "why am I being the HF guy and having nothing else to do in a boss fight?"

Thank you Frankie. Any chance that you'd tell us more about it?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

In case you haven't check it out yet, we have a news post in response to the DQ Price reduction issue. It gives some insight as to why the change was made and how we intend to deal with it.

The news article can be found here.

-Closing the old thread- Please continue the discussion either here or in the news article. Thanks.

1 day shy of 3 months since your post and still no true "response". thank you very much for making this a top priority. i hope there will still be a few people playing this game by the time any of the major concerns of players are resolved.
    the good Starr
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1 day shy of 3 months since your post and still no true "response". thank you very much for making this a top priority. i hope there will still be a few people playing this game by the time any of the major concerns of players are resolved.

They did compensate us with a terrible UI (unneeded) overhaul and the bidding hall and duke sparm and blah and blah and blah blah blah b:shutup
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Not super detailed but frankieraye wrote this not so long ago:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladidel - Raging Tide
    Ladidel - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Excuse me, I was wondering since some time ago, what does 5 APS mean?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Excuse me, I was wondering since some time ago, what does 5 APS mean?

5 attacks per second.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • LadyFeline - Dreamweaver
    LadyFeline - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Been some time since we know something is in the works tho...
    To assume I speak for other is assuming I am those folks.
    Well, I can tell you right now: I am all but myself.
  • bindor
    bindor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You're only kidding yourself if you think they will change DQ back or give us something to replace what we lost.. it's all about the gold.
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lmao, received an e-mail today from PWI: Sorry to see you haven't logged in in awhile (etc..)

Actually asked why too......

HINT~ READ YOUR OWN FORUMS ~ HINT

I'll not pay people to ignore me, plenty of people do that for free :)

Ah well g'luck all, obviously things here will never change.
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wa... The end of a "good" game.
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • wodiwkcalb
    wodiwkcalb Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    simply put Game developers so forth are scammers..they drop prices on stuff ingame/make things give less just so you will be "forced" to buy gold and make these greedy fooks rich
  • wodiwkcalb
    wodiwkcalb Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    and forgot they also do not give 2 ****s about there customers or their players as long as they make money...who gives a fook...right?